Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Mermaids, UFOs and the Loch Ness Monster

August 17th, 2009

Do you believe in UFOs or mermaids?  Have you ever seen an alien being or a mysterious beast?

Do you believe in UFOs?
Tonight on Connect The World we're exploring the weird, the supernatural, and the downright fishy.  A town in Israel is offering a reward of $1 million to anyone who can prove there's a mermaid in the Med, after several reported sightings.

Meanwhile, strange lights seen in British woods in the 1980s, reported as a UFO sighting and known by sci-fi enthusiasts as "The Rendelsham incident," turns out very likely to have been a prank, according to classified documents just release by the Ministry of Defence.

On Connect the World we'll explore both stories and ask why, despite the lack of evidence, we still believe in the existence of supernatural beings, whether out there in space, or deep under the waves.

Your thoughts and comments below, please, or e-mail us on ConnectTheWorld@CNN.com

Posted by
Filed under:  General
  1. Christian Champagne

I surely do believe in UFO's, I and 3 others saw it together years ago and so close that it was unmistakeable.
    Personally I think its downright silly to think that we are the only civilization out here. As a human race we are still taking baby steps, and know so little about the universe. People used to laugh at me when I told them I had seen a ufo, now i laugh at them when they say they don't believe in the phenomena.Not everything we see up there is neccessarily from outerspace, a lot can be classified top secret military aircraft as well. But when you take into account the thousands of credible sitings it is becoming increasingly hard to deny it. Keep an open mind!

August 17, 2009 at 2:19 pm | Reply
  2. zorop

at least it's kind of a hope for humans that there is life out there..somewhere..else living and dying seems pointless.

August 17, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Reply
  3. tsontso

In Southern Africa there are a lot of mysterious beasts that have roamed for centuries. Some have been seen and some only heard of. Most people are afraid to talk more about them but will assure you they do exist. In mountains, hills or rivers there is always a story to tell. Foreigners from overseas have come but some never returned, since they thought they were brave enough to confront the unknown. To beleive is to see so i urge anyone interested and brave enough to come , any country in Southern Africa and explore and YOU WILL TAKE SOMETHING WORTHWHILE BACK HOME.

August 17, 2009 at 2:38 pm | Reply
  4. paul

I beleive most definitely. Here's one reason why: Back in the mid-1970s my wife & I were returning from LA to Vandenberg AFB after midnight. North of Santa Barbara the countryside turns rural and for many miles you see nothing but hills, valleys and the ocean. We finally reached the Vandenberg/Lompoc turn-off on Highway 101. To this point the journdy, though late at night, had been perfectly normal. I took the off ramp and headed toward Lompoc. The road winds through some low hills and across a couple valleys some 20+ miles. Just after the first valley we began to pass through some hills. All of a sudden the headlights and dash lights went out. They stayed out for a couple minutes on the winding road then came back on. But no sooner back on than they went out again & stayed out. I found a turnaround and we retreated back the way we came to 101 and stopped at a small 24-hr gas station. The mechanic did a thorough check of the vehicles electrical system but could find no reason for our lights to go out. None whatsoever. So, we turned around again and headed home. The lights did not go out this time and we finally reached our destination.

August 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  5. EMMANUEL UDEAGHA

PLS, IN THIS PART OF THE WORLD AFRICA, WHERE I LIVE, MERMAIDS COMES OUT FROM TIME TO TIME.INFACT IT IS REGARDED NOW AS A NATURAL OCCURANCE.IF YOU WANT A PROOF, COME DOWN TO NIGERIA AND YOU WILL SEE ONE.

August 17, 2009 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  6. Michael Marlin

I don't think UFOs or Israel is real. My friend Rob Trump thinks both are but I am pretty sure he is a liar.

August 17, 2009 at 3:25 pm | Reply
  7. Jim Smith

The fact that 68% believe in UFOs tells me a lot about the average person's ability to examine facts and think logically. This is not to say that there are not other intelligent beings in the universe. That would be even more incredible than the concept that they are visiting us in a clandestine manner. If there are so many UFO "sightings" what has there never been a clear photo? Why have none of these beings made any attempt at contact? Why are so many humans so stupid? Hmm, maybe that answers all the other questions.

August 17, 2009 at 3:50 pm | Reply
  8. Abdul

Emmanuel Udeagha, if that is your real name, you are miseducating the world by your comment. There has never been a physical representation of mermaid in any part of Nigeria. it is true there are traditional worshippers of the goddess of the river/sea in some part of Nigeria, the physical representaion of half fish-half man is imported, most likely ,Greek. Mermaid is a myth, and the worshippers i mention earlier are mostly represent the goddess with a fish, especially cat fish, or a lady with exeptional beauty.

August 17, 2009 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  9. Yavor

I believe that every man have some mission of this world and must be watching. Maybe everything who make some man in future can be help for self. Some my strange mind is that every man is bio-chimic like material. In chimic base role is that nothing lose only transformate. Some where i read that in moment on dead man lose about 40 grams and lose radiation. im not sure are this right, but is interest information.I not believe in UFO and some strange story for UFO.

August 17, 2009 at 4:10 pm | Reply
  10. Victor O-ono

To believe in the existence or otherwise of Mermaids or beings beyond our physical realms is basically down to your experience. As a Nigerian born and raised in Nigeria... Its really not out of place to hear people say they;ve seen or had experiences with mermaids. If that doesnt come up... you're almost quite certain to know of an event which derives itas explanation from such roots.

In the west where science seems tro explain everything, its equally not suprising to hear people throw up disblelief in the existence of mermaids or things supernatural.

I personally havent seen one though I quite frankly believe that not all I know of explains all I see around me. I believe this analogy extends to man's knowledge of the world and what lies therein.

In the search for mermaids.... Africa wont be a disappointing destination.

August 17, 2009 at 4:44 pm | Reply
  11. Ogah Daniel

I do believe hundred percent that mermaids and UFOs exist. In fact, it is crazy and foolhardy for anybody to deny this reality. These things are not provable in the laboratory but a visit to the waterside will attest to this fact. The existence of God cannot be prove in the laboratory, but He sure does exist.

August 17, 2009 at 4:56 pm | Reply
  12. Omar Haleem

I believe that UFO's are just what they purport to be..unidentified..could have been the first secret test of drones that are now a fact of life. What good would a mermaid do?..certainly does'nt make sense to have mermaids:(..unless she is Madonna on an aquatic hot and sticky tour:x

I would'nt bother with one otherwise..was'nt Madonna in a vid once?..cherish your love?..yep..that's my kinda mermaid ..in the name of zyon i commend thee o'ye queen of my kaballa..Omar Tassat!

August 17, 2009 at 5:03 pm | Reply
  13. Sipho

Honestly I do not believe in mermaids and UFOs. They are just myths. In Africa they are like the seven headed snake which also is a myth, as far as I believe. These are just fairytale transfered from one generation to another by through stories. I hope the upcoming debate plus the reward would help put to end the speculation. It is either there is proof of such.

August 17, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  14. Aidan Sixer Stewart

I know that there are other sons and daughters of our Heavenly Father in the infinity of Space. I know that there are many of them who have discovered the means to traverse the vast distances which seperate us from each other. I know that they have visited us in the past and are at this moment visiting us, indeed living among us. Let's change the mindset we have, and open our hearts and our minds to the possibilities of peace.

August 17, 2009 at 5:42 pm | Reply
  15. Mr President

That is a stupid question in the poll: "Do you believe in Unidentified Flying Objects?"
    UFO is simply a designation for an unexplained phenomenon in the sky. Do I believe that that people see flying things that they can't identify? Yes. Do I believe they are alien spacecraft? No, but that's a different thing.
    Stop using the word UFO in that context, it doesn't mean alien spacecraft!

August 17, 2009 at 6:35 pm | Reply
  16. Kovelan Reed

It would be arrogant of the human race to think that we're the only intelligent life in the universe. Considering what we're learning about our own galaxy and those beyond, is it really that hard to imagine? Our planet sustains life because of its exact location in our galaxy, and how many other galaxies do we know of? Dozens? Mathematically, there is a high probability that life exists elsewhere in the universe. And as far as beasts and monsters and mythical creatures are concerned, there's no reason to discount any of these incidents until it can be proven that they do not exist. For example, we were convinced that the coelacanth had been extinct for 30,000 years or so, until someone fished one up off the coast of Africa. Loch Ness monster? why not? we can't even explore the deepest depths of our oceans, we have NO way whatsoever to determine what IS and what IS NOT down there... so keep an open mind, realize that there are many many things about our own world that we don't know or understand.

August 17, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  17. Luciana Gomes

Well, to deny the existance of life in other planets is beyond our power/knowledge, so anyone who says they don't believe in extra-terrestrial life is a presumptive clown.
    Now to say there are mermaids out there and that aliens visit our planet ever so often... I don't really believe in that. The human mind plays many tricks and ppl believe what they want, not to mention the ones who make up stories just to have their 15 minutes.
    So, basically, I do believe there is life in other planets. But I also think they have a lot more to do than build spaceships to visit our poor, little, miserable planet.

August 17, 2009 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  18. Carol

I live in Brazil and here it´s quite common to keep supernatural
    creatures as pets. Actually I have a mermaid in my swimming pool.
    Maybe this is what you think about Brazil, but unfortunately this is not true.
    In fact I don´t believe in supernatural creatures. We live in a country where there is amazing biodiversity and there has never been true evidence about supernatural.

August 17, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Reply
  19. diggafrica

If people can believe in mermaids & aliens.. no wonder this world's progress is being supressed. Too many stupid people in this planet . Most of the comments also coming from Africa highlight why our continent will always be behind. Nothing more than mental slavery.

August 17, 2009 at 7:47 pm | Reply
  20. Alex Amaya

I do believe in UFOs, one night my family, a neighbor and I saw a circle half the size of the moon turning around the moon at very high speed and emitting light of all sorts of color. Don´t get me wrong, as a matter of fact I am a pilot and consultant, and I tend to be very logical about things -like someone said in one of the comments- but that thing we saw that night defies ANY kind of explanation, a person would be crushed at those speeds!! At least inside our actual frame of scientific explanation which IMHO is still very primitive. Yep we have achieved a lot of things, but I am sure we have only traveled -scientifically speaking- 1% of the road...wasn´t the speed of sound impossible to cross? now we are capable of flying more than 20 times the speed of sound......

Alex, Colombia, Southamerica.

August 17, 2009 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  21. Marco

UFOs or "flying saucers" do exist. Some are secret craft of earth humans, some belong to visitors from other planets. Proof for this can be found if one honestly searches for it with an open mind and some logic and reason. You most probably won't find it in the main stream media, which is in most cases owned, controlled and censored by people who are not interested in informed citizens. Knowledge is power, you know. There are also a lot of charlatans out there who make a lot of money with UFO related stuff and people who want to be the center of attention.

Nessy does indeed exist, but it's not one "monster", it's a family of pliosaurs living in underwater caves beneath Loch Ness in Scotland. The caves and the fact that those beasts are good swimmers are the reasons the BBC sonar boat didn't find anything when they were scanning for Nessy. At least some pliosaur fossils were found at Loch Ness some years ago.
    As with the UFOs there are also a lot of charlatans out there who make a lot of money with Nessy stuff and of course there have been fakes and hoaxes.

I don't know if anything like mermaids exist. I have never seen one and never investigated the matter.

August 17, 2009 at 8:18 pm | Reply
  22. Mikee

I think it's extremely egotistical to think that aliens have come to Earth, only to hide in the shadows and reveal themselves only to true believers. I think it's a lot of imagination going recklessly wild.

While I whole heartedly believe that there are other life forms in the universe, I believe just as much that they wouldn't waste their time coming to a hateful bass ackwards planet like Earth.

August 17, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Reply
  23. Steve DeMont

The poll question should be... have you ever seen an UFO ? well
    i have !!!.. along with my Father,Mother, Brothers & Sister with several
    other people one night at a small Country Club in Brea Canyon
    Calif. 1968.

We were all swimming in the pool, the lights went out, so we
    thought it time to get out and leave. So we changed clothes and
    went to the parking lot. We noticed in the distance two lights
    traveling towards each other, one coming from the east and one
    coming from the west. Over the parking lot the Craft appeared,
    and hovered for about 1 minute, and was angled toward the ground.

No one can ever tell me to this day !! that i.. nor my family did not see
    this. This was for Real, it was right in front of all of us !!! it had square
    lights around the middle of craft with a light blue haze on the top
    and bottom. My mother observed it twice as it moved over to another
    Building at this Club.

We left and my self and brothers & sister were hystercially terrified,
    and could not stop looking out the back window of the car, thinking
    it was after us. My father was white as a ghost. He reported
    this to the Orange County Register the next day. I WILL NEVER
    EVER FORGET THIS, I SAW IT!! MY FAMILY SAW IT !!! AND NOBODY
    CAN EVER TELL ME, I DIDN'T SEE THIS. The reason i say
    this..... is because when you see something and it instilled shear
    terror, nothing else has ever done this to me.

August 17, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Reply
  24. Merintus

I do believe that they exist.vist some Nigeria waters in the midnight and you will confirm it.

August 17, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Reply
  25. Bas Visinescu

If you think there is no other life, besides the life on earth, you infact denie our own existence. Our galaxy has elements available, to create life, whe are the proof of that. The chances, of this happening again, are very slim, as whe have noticed ourselves. However, time is infinite. So, everything that can happen, will at some point happen. Believing our universe is infinite in size, chances on life being present in our universe right now, are 100%.

August 17, 2009 at 9:31 pm | Reply
  26. Ron

Years ago, while flying a KC-135 in northern Maine, I never saw any thing, but the radar controller said that we were being followed for about one hour in the local pattern. The next night, lights were seen over the base and nothing was ever said until years later when I read about the incident in the Boston Globe.

August 17, 2009 at 9:46 pm | Reply
  27. Dianne

Never seen, but sure do believe. A combo of science, stats, common sense and faith. To think otherwise would be rather small minded and sapien-centric lol.

A dear friend, 87 yo, told DH and I how decades ago a friend who was a very in- the-know military official told him it's proven in their experience since nothing at that time could travel so fast, stop on a dime and accelerate lickety split.

August 17, 2009 at 10:21 pm | Reply
  28. mingle

I'm offering one billion dollars American to anyone who can prove there's a mermaid in the Mediterranean, or in any other body of water. That's right, you heard it here. $1 billion!

August 17, 2009 at 10:22 pm | Reply
  29. Señor Filosof

I am sure going to believe in UFOs, whether they be from other planets – I HOPE SO – or just simply some kind of supranatural phenomena or optical illusion, or whatever. Wonderful, and I hope alien beings will come by my humble home and have dinner with me – as long as they trust such earthly things as french fries with bacon.
    And as for mermaids, of course they are real, I've known one – beautiful, of course – for years, sitting there quietly on the quayside in Kobenhavn, and I've seen beautiful examples bathing in Kuta and Tanah Lot, not to mention Kota Kanabalu.
    You've just got to believe in them: they are the essence of your being, your existence, your hopes and desires and wishes in the fairyland world of your illusions and fantasies. If you do not believe in mermaids, what the heck did Walt Disney do for you in thy yonder youth?

August 17, 2009 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  30. Oro

What can one ever say of a planet which has a diameter of almost 13000 kilometers of which 70% of the surface is covered by salt water oceans with deep troughs of some 15 kilometers between continents containing vast arid and polar deserts, jungles and remote mountain ranges towering up to 8 kilometers, leaving less than 10% to be inhabited by the human race ?
    There is NO doubt in my mind that coexistence is a REAL possibility !

August 17, 2009 at 11:55 pm | Reply
  31. Joe West

In 1955, our squadron fell out for early morning chow. We saw an object
    coming from the east at incredible speed. It appeared to stop overhead although we heard nothing. Then it shot off to the north and did a 180 degree turn and stopped overhead again and the it left at an incredible speed. We were stationed at Chanute Air Force Base for technical training. We divided up the research amongst us ie: Was it a weather balloon, was it an aircraft, was there any inclement weather etc. Did it show uo on radar, We met later that day and discussed what we saw and there was no indication from anything we investigated that it was anything. Yet at least 40 airmen saw it at the same time.

PS: I too believe in UFO's

August 18, 2009 at 12:27 am | Reply
  32. Gary

Yes, I observed a UFO in 1982 headed north on the sunshine parkway north of miami. I am retired Air Force and assumed by now that we would find that our government had superior technology to explain my sighting. I am still waiting.

August 18, 2009 at 12:45 am | Reply
  33. A Believer In Phoenix

I've been following the UFO phenomena for most of my life; i.e., since I was a kid over 50 years ago! At that time, although we didn't see anything 'land', my Dad and I were in the area where it occurred. So we went over to investigate and I will never forget the scene – a snow-covered parking lot on a mid-winter overcast morning with a few people standing around what appeared to be three uniformly-spaced indentations in the asphalt that were STILL smoking!

About that time, the police and, for some strange reason, a contingent of Air Force security showed up and separated us all to literally 'interrogate' each of us individually – including me! It made a lasting impression on me!

Over the years, I continued to investigate and, whenever possible, bring up the subject of UFO's – as discreetly as possible! It wasn't always easy, but, over time, I began to collect a repertoire of credible incidents that made me believe something WAS going on!

Then, while serving in the Navy, I encountered an individual who, at first, appeared to be, well, nuts! He had this incredible story that his father was a Major in the Air Force who, incredibly, was assigned to make contact with alien visitors – and I don't mean folks from south of the border!

To back up his assertions, he produced a large book labeled "Top Secret", that, among other things, had some pictures of what he said was his father standing next to a UFO! Although I wanted to, I didn't study the rest of the book because, at the time, to me, "Top Secret" meant "Top Secret."

As fate would have it, the next day, I was called out of class and ordered to report to the Master-At-Arms at my barracks. When I did, he 'introduced' me to three Naval Investigative Services agents – only one of whom was in uniform.

They questioned me for two hours, but I told them little more than that the 'individual in question' was a casual acquaintance and that I was unaware of any 'evidence relating to Top Secret' matters. They said they didn't believe me, but let me go with a warning not to talk about it!

I then discovered that the guy who'd shown me the book had been 'transferred' to parts unknown. For all I knew, he was now with his father – who, according to him, had been taken hostage by the aliens!
    A truly off-the-wall story I know, but I swear it did occur.

Anyway, as I mentioned, over the next several years I talked to dozens of UFO witnesses; i.e., Navy Sonarmen, Air Controllers, and even Pilots – all of whom had stories that were almost as incredible as that of my "Top Secret" friend!

Then – THEN! – years later, one night my wife called me into our living room to view something strange that she was observing through our living room window. It was a rotating triangle with flashing blue/white lights at each of the three points!

And it was slowing descending – twisting rhythmically like a leaf falling from a tree – straight down to the horizon where it suddently stopped and, then, amazingly, rotated itself upright so that it faced our home town – Phoenix!

She and I ran outside to get a better view of it with a pair of binoculars, and, at that time, I noticed a pulsing red light in the middle of the triangle spaced equidistant from the flashing lights on the triangle's tips! IF this was a piloted vehicle, the guy driving it was getting one helleva ride!

Anyway, soon afterwards, the UFO righted itself more or less horizontally and began to drift – again like a twisting falling leaf – slowly and silently to the mountains in the east. My wife and I looked at each other and didn't say a word, but we knew we had EACH become true believers in UFO's

I've gone on way too long here, but the bottom line is this – the human race IS being observed by an intelligent entity of some sort. And, from my perspective, the question isn't "from where"; i.e., it's "from when." You see I believe that these entities are inter-dimensional. And that's as much as I'm going to say about that!

August 18, 2009 at 12:51 am | Reply
  34. deng xioping

Most of these UFO stories always reported in the west but never mentioned in China. There were many incidents with clear evidence are been locked up by the Chinese authority.

The recent big sichuan earthquake... was no coincidence.

August 18, 2009 at 1:10 am | Reply
  35. honeypot

I am a realist. Unless I see it with my own two eyes, I don't believe or trust in the claims of others. Make all the arguments you want, but unless you can provide visible proof, it's all hooey to me.

August 18, 2009 at 1:56 am | Reply
  36. Michael M.

Let's put it this way when there is more planets and stars in the universe then every grain of sand on every beach in the world.. what the hell do you think? Mathematically the possibilities of not having another advanced civilization like our own is impossible. Not only that mathematically there should be millions of civilizations more advanced then us, millions at our same level, and millions below our level.
    Truthfully I find it very arrogant for anyone to believe us human beings are the lone heirs of this universe... hahaha are you serious? Im even laughing right now. There are numerous animals & insects on our own planet that you can make a strong case are more "advanced" then human beings. Dolphins feel more emotion then us, ants are stronger then us by 50x according to their size, Birds fly, Cougars run faster.. etc.. etc.. etc.. Just because we can chat on an I-Phone or fake a moon landing doesnt make us a better species. Take away our technology and where probably the 1st ones to go.
    Honestly I also believe in UFOs visiting our planet as well. Its kind of a two fold argument though. 1 there is really no hard evidence they have been here or continue to visit but. If you look at the opposite side of the argument, do you honestly believe if these things are capable of traveling millions of lightyears and a kodak camera is going to put an end to there travels here on this planet? That's like saying a gazelle knows were watching it from 15 miles away in the sky using an infrared camera via a predator unmanned plane at night. That's exactly how there treating us. !!!!!!!!!! WE ARE THE GAZELLE !!!!!!!!! So please people get real and get over yourselves.

August 18, 2009 at 2:09 am | Reply
  37. Bandot

When I was in elementry school I was told that only our solar system had planets. Now hundreds of extra solar planets have been discovered. The best proof of all is the US government denies the existance of UFO's. The US government lie to the people? Uhh Yeah! They never explained how a Major in the US Nilitary could mistake a downed craft for a kite in 1947. It is only takes common sense to see that our galaxy is filled with worlds like our own and life is as comon as dirt. Of course there are probably many civilazations that have gotten a few million or thousand year head start on us. Have they visited us? Probably but the media takes it as a joke. So until they say something exists it can't possibly be true. How arrogant and ignorant we must be to think we are the only intelligent life form in a wast universe. But that is exactly how the common people are precived by government officals as arrogant and ingnorant.

August 18, 2009 at 3:01 am | Reply
  38. Charles Richardson

Yes i know for a fact that something is flying through the skys. last year i saw it twice., and i lodge the date and time december 30th @ 1:49am alt 350 feet heading south west and emitting a blueish/ purple paulsating glow. as it was over passing over my head it made a sharp 90 degree heading west bound. it seem as if it was toying with me. The second time was april 15 @ 2:15am alt this time 225 feet heading again south/ east. this time it did a rool pattern over my head same color but this time also i feel a great deal of heat. And now i know there flight pattern. Flight times just verys. Keep you head to the sky never stop look down so much.

August 18, 2009 at 4:10 am | Reply
  39. Adam Russell

The story of the "mermaid" in Israel is a hoax. Based on the blown-up picture shown in the video, it's the same photo that can be found on snopes.com: http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/mermaid.asp

Cheers,

Adam

August 18, 2009 at 4:14 am | Reply
  40. ruthiem

Michael Marlin – Israel does exist and will continue to exist. It is a vibrant land with people who will never give up. I am one of those people, proud to say I call Israel my home. As for ufo's I believe they also exist.
    Hvae a great day:)

August 18, 2009 at 5:17 am | Reply
  41. Boo

Anything is possible.

August 18, 2009 at 5:34 am | Reply
  42. Patrick Watson

I do believe in aliens! The chances of earth being the only planet that has inteligent life is too low. The question we should consider is would the other life consider us inteligent? If we found a planet where the most advance being had a mind of a dog, how much time would we spend with it?

August 18, 2009 at 5:37 am | Reply
  43. Tony Atlas

Yes, let's keep an open mind. There could be werewolves on Mars and maybe we're living inside of a giant Kraken's stomach rather than what we assume to be Earth. Let's not rule out anything AT ALL...because that's the intelligent approach.

August 18, 2009 at 5:47 am | Reply
  44. Emmanuel Adebiyi.

Ogah Daniel and few others have well spoken.
    If some of your eyes are supernaturally opened for a minute you shall never doubt the existence of mermaid and her living kingdom under the water.
    This is a spiritual matter which understanding is alien to the natural man with a natural mind, for there is life and power of darkness un-imaginable under the sea and there are times that those creatures under the sea got transformed to human to transact with the physical world you only see half fish and half human you are bewildered.
    This are not myth nor illusion but little manifestation of reality of the existence and knowlwdge of demonic spiritual life and world, power and dominion under the sea, for we are a fallen race, liiving in a fallen world, whose spiritual understanding in darkened, through the darkness in us.
    Many in Isarel cannot see an understand this, bc even when the Lord, through whom all were created came, they could not recognised him.
    Believe now on the Lord Jesus, and your veil shall be removed, for by Him all things are created, whether things in heaven, things on earth or THINGS UNDER THE EARTH, and by him, all things are created for his pleasure.

August 18, 2009 at 5:58 am | Reply
  45. SKEPTIC_NOOB

SKEPTIC RULE #1
    If I did not see it then it did not happen

SKEPTIC RULE #2
    If you saw it then I sure know what you saw

evidence for UFOS being real is overwhelming
    that does not mean there is any evidence for it

August 18, 2009 at 6:31 am | Reply
  46. Chris Creighton

What a silly question/poll! An unidentified object is just that, something unidentified, of which there are many. I think you meant: "Do you believe in visiting spaceships"; in which case I would change my answer from yes to no. This is a common error of your polls and this was just too ridiculous not to comment on!

August 18, 2009 at 6:31 am | Reply
  47. Gran Admiral Zob

UFO's...how ridiculus. On my planet we dont believe such nonsense. Say, any of you earthlings know the way back to Galifrey?

August 18, 2009 at 7:13 am | Reply
  48. Nichelle

If I were an Extra Terrestrial, or Extra Dimensional being I would certainly take a great interest in visiting Planet Earth so that I could learn about what it is that causes Human beings to be so brutal and hateful and violent toward everything around them. I would want to learn why creatures gifted with such a beautiful Planet would spend their time here destroying every thing around them. Then I would want to know what it is that differentiates the ones who appreciate this planet and the life on it from the ones who do not. I would also likely decide it unwise to alert them to my presence until such time as it became possible to see that humans could learn to treat others of their own species with some form of respect and decency. If people cannot handle other people of different cultures and skin colors, how would they react to other beings from far away planets and star systems? With fear. The same fear that causes them to destroy one another and want to dominate all other forms of life they come into contact with. Perhaps what happens on Earth has a butterfly effect on the rest of the Universe, and each bomb dropped on Earth harms the fabric of space in such a way that it endangers those on other planets as well. Perhaps in our limited understanding of the workings of all that exists around us we are really missing a lot. Unless you are able to create all of this yourself, you would be a little silly to assume that all you see is all there is. What really bothers me is that in this world people have become so afraid of ridicule that they are often afraid to admit that they are capable of thinking a thought unless someone else has said that it is an acceptable thought to have in accordance with societal norms. Man on Earth created societal norms. No man or woman on Earth knows it all, so why should they dictate what you are allowed to think, without being considered to be crazy. (...As long as you are not hurting others.) The great inventions come from thinkers. It is people who dare to think that have created the things we use everyday... Don't be afraid to think. Open your minds and make the world a better place. Do some research, you might be surprised at what you find. There are so many forms of life that people have no clue about. I for one am extremely tired of having to go through my day pretending to give a darn about gossip and sillyness that so many focus their attention on just to have conversation just to be considered normal. I would like to live in a society that embraces the big questions... Learning with an open mind, and knowledge... One that appreciates the mysteries that surround us... that lend some beauty to this life. I had a dream too. :)

August 18, 2009 at 7:33 am | Reply
  49. Tom

Reminds me of a Joan Rivers sketch about why flyer saucers never land on Jewish lawns: Because the lady of the house would turn in over and see who made it.

August 18, 2009 at 8:52 am | Reply
  50. Fritz

I am a christian and I believe in UFOs...100%, like I believe in angels, and demons. UFO's are demons.

August 18, 2009 at 9:00 am | Reply
  51. Vess

"Do you believe in UFOs?" is a stupid question. It's like asking if you believe in airplanes. "UFO" stands for "Unidentified Flying Object". Flying objects obviously exist and since not all of them have been positively identified in every single case, then obviously UFOs exist.

Now, if you had asked me "Do you believe that UFOs are spaceships carrying little green men?", the answer would have been a resounding "NO". ;-)

August 18, 2009 at 9:03 am | Reply
  52. Mike G

Wrong question. UFOs are a fact.

To repeat what others have said... UFO means "unidentified flying object". UFO reports are examined, most are explained and some remain unexplained. So those are 'real' UFOs.

What they actually are is unknown (erm... 'unidentified'?). Weather, electromagnetic or other terrestrial phenomena are more humble explanations than joy-riding aliens, but no-one I know of is in a position to even say what's most likely.

August 18, 2009 at 9:06 am | Reply
  53. Andy

It's just a matter of time before we find other life froms, I don't think they will come to us.

See district 9 – Not entirely un-imaginable.

August 18, 2009 at 9:22 am | Reply
  54. Felix Mkhize

I know a bacteria in a colony located at the very corner of a hall said to itself, I am alone in this hall.

I know also that an ant moved without knowing on a moving basket ball.To the ant the surface was flat.

I know also Acts1:10 says while they were looking intently into the sky,two men in white appeared to them and said, "Man of Galilee why do you stand looking up into the sky?"

I know in my youngest years I dreamet twice , thousands upon thousands of blue laser emitting silver UFO's taking people to the sky.Twice I dreamt of it,twice I remained behind...Then I said to myself inboth those dreams "I need to go to church!"

An appearance of Jesus Christ in the middle of a galaxy of stars I was seeing,saying "Do not fear in the end none of these stars will remain behind.I am coming I will come,I shall come" is an assurance WE ARE NOT ALONE.

August 18, 2009 at 11:10 am | Reply
  55. Omiros Christodoulides

UFO’s do exist. I am now 35 years old, totally sane, and I still clearly remember my personal UFO experience.
    I was 13 years old standing at my mum’s house rooftop when I saw a blinding light coming out from a soundless flying object (about 50 feet above my head). It was idle for about 2-3 minutes and when I called my mum to see this, it disappeared at the speed of light.
    For those that are interested to hear my full story and the impact that had on my life from that defining moment onwards, please post a message on this blog and I will contact you.
    UFO EXISTS!!!

August 18, 2009 at 11:23 am | Reply
  56. joe

it has basically been proven by Erich von Daniken, that aliens have indeed visited the earth thousands of years ago. If you dont beleive me, go look him up on google. YOU SHOULD DEFINATELY HEAR WHAT HE HAS TO SAY.

August 18, 2009 at 11:41 am | Reply
  57. Anea

Nichelle, it was very good too read your post. Im very happy too find people with the same thinking as I..perhaps someday, mabey soon,(who knows?) people will finally "get it"..in the meantime, be strong and patient..! take care, blessings!

August 18, 2009 at 11:51 am | Reply
  58. George Topouria

It's perfectly fine and logical to assume the existence of other civilizations in different galaxies. In fact, given the vastness of the universe, I'm pretty sure there are some other inhabited planets out there.

However, believing in big-headed green aliens is childish. It's all fairy tales.

August 18, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  59. Rando

The ONLY proof Alien believers can offer, is name calling. Notice their own high and mighty arrogance when they state "downright silly to think that we are the only civilization..." or the most common put-down: "It would be arrogant of the human race to think that we’re the only intelligent life..."
    Maybe we are not the only life forms in the universe, but really, does it make any sense that highly advanced alien craft, stealthy enough to evade radar would arrive silently at night, (to avoid detection I would presume–otherwise they would have made contact with us by now), would THEN VIOLATE their tenants of stealth and now TURN ON BRIGHTLY COLORED AND FLASHING LIGHTS–GIVING AWAY THEIR PRESENCE??? Surely by now, "they" must know we have eyeballs. Doesn't that strike you as rather dumb? Or could it be that the strange lights are something other than aliens from another planet?
    Oh, btw there is no proof, that is ZERO percent of a or any dinosaur creatures living in Loch Ness. More proof exists that it was indeed a myth perpetrated by a famous photo hoax. Nothing more.

August 18, 2009 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  60. David R

Believe in them? Yes I do. Saw a UFO in Puerto Ordaz, Venezuela in December 1978. I had my entire family there as witness too. The craft hovered completely silent at a very low altitude for about 10 minutes and then zoomed way up in the sky where it met 3 other craft and then disappeared into the night sky at speeds not capable by any craft we have here on earth at that time or even now.

Me and my family don't really talk about it much. About once every couple of years my Dad will ask me if I remember and I tell him I remember it as clear as if I were still there.

The craft I saw fits the same description as a lot of descriptions you hear about from others. Completely silent, the bottom of the craft looked like the bottom of a plate with a round top. There was a red light in the center at the bottom. Other than that there were no markings and when the craft accelerated it did so with amazing speed and without a sound. Call me crazy if you want! I saw it with my own eyes.

August 18, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  61. Grinling

In Around 1948 i was only five yrs old but i can remember my oldest brother running in & saying that a large light was coming from the bottom of the field, our father went with him to see if it was true & as they neared the field the lights went into the sky & quickly disapeared
    the next day the whole village was talking about the lights but at that time many said it was possibly the Russians with some new fangled plane, by the way this was in Essex in or near Gt Sandford perhaps others may also be prepaired to have a say on the sightings.

August 18, 2009 at 12:42 pm | Reply
  62. RickLattimer

I saw the Loch Ness Monster and Big Foot talking to some extra-terrestrials just the other day.

August 18, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  63. D MINUS

I am passable, my teacher told me so. Older students toss me back and forth, because they know who I am. I still don't. This makes me a UFO, and not one of those students can see.

August 18, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  64. IceT

It is an embarrassment to lump UFO's with mermaids & the loch ness monster. In the entire universe it is mathematically & logically impossible for other beings NOT to exist.

For those who believe the proof they don't exist is because they haven't contacted us ... why would they contact us? What could they gain by open contact? We have nothing to offer interstellar traveling beings that they can't get by observation.

August 18, 2009 at 1:22 pm | Reply
  65. WeAreNotAlone

Watch "Out of the Blue" by James Fox
    Read "UFOs and the National Security State" by Richard Dolan

you will be more informed about what is really going on

August 18, 2009 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  66. WeAreNotAlone

Recent AOL News Poll (1 vote per IP address)

Do you think Earth has been visited by aliens? Yes 81% (110,750) No 19% (25,979)
    Do you believe life exists elsewhere in the universe? Yes 93% (129,065) No 7% (9,715)

August 18, 2009 at 1:28 pm | Reply
  67. WeAreNotAlone

"We can no longer think... is it true? Is it not true? Are they truths or are they lies–if we believe or if we don't believe–no! There are already numerous considerations which make the existence of these beings [extraterrestrials] into a certainty we cannot doubt."

MONSIGNOR CORRADO BALDUCCI
    Vatican theologian

Interview on Italian television

“These UFOs are interplanetary devices systematically observing the Earth, either manned or under remote control, or both.”

“Information on UFOs, including sighting reports, has been and is still being officially withheld.”

COLONEL JOSEPH J. BRYAN III
    Founding member of the CIA's psychological
    warfare staff, advisor to NATO

"I've been convinced for a long time that the flying saucers are real and interplanetary. In other words, we are being watched by beings from outer space."

ALBERT M. CHOP
    Deputy Public Relations Director, NASA
    Former USAF spokesman for Project Blue Book

August 18, 2009 at 1:30 pm | Reply
  68. Bill

Of course I believe in UFO's. I see them after exactly 4 beers.
    I have also seen the Easter Bunny and Santa.
    Get over it folks. We're out here on our own. Enjoy it.

August 18, 2009 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  69. Lise Kathleen

Yes, I believe in UFO's and the supernatural; possibly existing on different planes on the same planet. What amazes me more is that we are having this worldwide, fun and interesting conversation. AWESOME!

August 18, 2009 at 2:07 pm | Reply
  70. MOBADTHANGOOD

I think I got at least 3 that work here in theoffice with me.

August 18, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Reply
  71. Ebi

want to conduct an investigation to find out if mermaids do exist, go to Nigeria, visit any of the riverine villages and you will be amazed at some of the answers and proves you will get. Emmanuel Adebiyi is right, this beings do exist spiritually with rare physical manifestation.

August 18, 2009 at 2:40 pm | Reply
  72. stella

I Do Believe there is other Life in the Universe...
    There has been many sightings for years by lots of people besides
    air force pilots, pilots, police, everyday citizend etc.....'

I have researched and read alot of articles in regards to UFOs
    and sightings. They are higher beings in the World..

I believe the govertment is not revealing everything that is reported
    to the citizens due to World Panic....

August 18, 2009 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  73. Earthling

CNN has got to make there polls clearer. As someone else already said, UFO is an Unidentified Flying Object. Of course they exist, I have seen flying objects that I couldn't Id. Does that mean they are aliens visiting us??? No. New weapons? maybe, who knows. CNN, please make your polls clearer.

August 18, 2009 at 3:12 pm | Reply
  74. sebi

i belivve in ufo but not that they are alliens...the distances betwen stars ar to big i dont belive man will travel betwen stars or no other life form from another plante..wich i am sure they do exist is just that we will never meet them.... it is sad but this is the reallitty but then again who knows....thre is some 2 percent of chances we will meet them some how

August 18, 2009 at 3:17 pm | Reply
  75. WeAreNotAlone

All the evidence is there that its real.

August 18, 2009 at 3:24 pm | Reply
  76. Chris

@ Christian Champagne: "I surely do believe in UFO’s, I and 3 others saw it together years ago and so close that it was unmistakeable."

What you saw was something you can't explain. That doesn't make it an alien spacecraft, as nearly all UFO-believers seem to think. "Keeping an open mind" doesn't mean "jump to conclusions."

August 18, 2009 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  77. Andre

Of course we are not alone in the universe. Life happens, given the right conditions.

But – this does not mean aliens have visited our little planet. Think about it. If you were an alien civilization from light-years away, and you went to the trouble of seeking out life elsewhere, and then traveling such a great distance to come here, wouldn't you make yourself known? Or would you hide somewhere and let yourself be accidentally seen from time to time?

If an advanced civilization went to all this trouble, and then wanted to hide, believe me, they would be hidden. If they came here and wanted to be seen, then they would have made contact.

If it was me, I'd be trying to make contact.

All of these UFO reports likely have logical explanations. If there's anything hush-hush going on, then it would be military-related.

August 18, 2009 at 3:35 pm | Reply
  78. sharkdb

Sure, we saw the UFO that flew over Phoenix in 1997. It hovered directly above our house for a moment and moved slowly off over Phoenix. I heard a low pitched hum coming from it. Remember it very well. As far as Mermaids, see them all the time at Seaworld their other name is Manatees. They look real good if your out to sea for a few months.

August 18, 2009 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  79. Larry

I don’t believe. With all the technology we have these days…. cameras, videos recorders.. etc… wouldn’t there be conclusive proof by now?
    It’s a scary thought, but we could really be alone.

August 18, 2009 at 3:51 pm | Reply
  80. chip reed

The results of my 35 year study of Aliens/UFOs has revealed...get ready gang...

Nothing.

Bold statement? No, not really, not compared to the bold and brash and frankly incredulous statements that I have read and heard over the years.

There exists not a single shred of credible footage of anything. Lights in the night sky? Fuzzy,out of focus, 4 second blips of everything from bugs on a camera lens to out and out frauds do not a reliable or believable data base make.

The internet has become the repository of false claims, false conclusions and false prophets. Hoaxes revealed are hoaxes ignored, all one has to do anymore to gain notoriety is grab their cell phone cam, don a halloween mask of E.T. and new "evidence" gets added to the fray.

Doesn't anyone wonder why a race of aliens bold enough and smart enough to trave l the length and breadth of our galaxy (or beyond) would suddenly find themselves so contained by the very fragile limitations of our civilization? Are the governments of this planet really that effective in completely covering-up something so profound?

Is the government of every nation on this earth that omnipotent? The real question is not do you believe in aliens, but rather do you believe we as human beings could ever hope to contain or subdue for any length of time any shred of evidence of aliens.

Has there ever been a verified alien artifact?
    No there hasn't, (feel free to correct me but don't point to anecdotal testimony to do so) Why? Because some government policy maker decided that we the people could never rationally deal with it? No. It's because there are none, has never been any and until such time as something concrete and tangible comes to light, one must conclude that none exist. This may be the only group on the planet that subscribe to the notion that "until it's proven otherwise, it must be alien in origin"

I'm quite sure no one thinks about these things as much as the good people on this forum and the many forums like it. It's not the general public fueling these fires or even paying very much attention to them. I'm fully aware that my thoughts here aren't going to change anyones perception of "whats out there" but the lack of critical thinking that gets done on the behalf of the UFO community has begun to make the whole thing look weak, comical and peopled by conspiracy-heads and kooks.

I'm still going to keep looking up and I'm still going to dream what it may be like to share our tiny blue playground with a visitor or two, and when or if that day ever does truly come, I feel quite confident there will be no shadow goverments, no men in black and no cover stories that come even close to doing what you've all given them for so long the misplaced credit for doing. ChipReed1@aim.com

August 18, 2009 at 4:15 pm | Reply
  81. Kraig

First of all lets clarify what a UFO is, it is an UNIDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECT, so to ask if one believes in UFOs is an inappropriate question. I have seen many objects in the sky that I could not identify, same as a majority of people in the world, this does not automatically assume they are extraterrestrial in nature. So, anyone that says they don't believe in UFOs are arrogant fools. The proper question is, do you believe in intelligent life not of the earth? Personally, if humans think we are alone in the vast universe, then those humans are arrongant.

August 18, 2009 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  82. Alan

Given the size and vastness of our universe, I am compelled by the math alone to believe in life else where in the universe. Have we been visited....there are a lot of un- answered questions that cry for an answer. Why is this question so polarizing to us? Those that say we're stupid for believing also argued that the Gorilla was a myth no less than 100 plus years ago. Their is so much we do not understand, and repetition on both sides of the equation do not make facts.
    Hell, something as mundane as rouge waves at sea were considered as a cop out for boating captains that screwed up. Deers with gills, fish that were extinct for however many years are popping up. What were the cave artist thinking of when they drew those weird flying things. But I just can not get past this picture of a cobra helicopter in Egyptian hieroglyphics. Not to mention the small golden Jet looking thing that dates back over 800 years ago? These things bother me, I would like closure before I pass some day.
    You know what though, the most un-nerving questions I've thought of is, "What if we are the first intelligent life?" Just the beginning? Wouldn't that be a bummer? I don't think we are, but ...? I don't know why a simple question about the existence of life outside our solar system bothers so many people? Zealots scare me...Peace unto you all...Alan

August 18, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  83. Sherry

Yes, I believe/know UFOs exist. I personally observed one in 1989 in Simi Valley CA. I later learned 2 police officers and the husband of a coworker also saw the object. My husband loves to laugh and say "I know, you THINK you saw a UFO" but he has admitted the possibility over the years. I was not drinking, sleeping, on drugs etc. It was around 10:30 PM and I was getting ready to go to work. I was very awake and alert. My family was sleeping and did not see anything. I "felt" it first, a vibration but no actual sound. I went outside to the back yard and saw a massive oval shape above the house gliding just above the tree tops. It was huge. It glided slowly and then suddenly took off with extreme speed. This thing was so quiet, but so massive.

August 18, 2009 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  84. MIKCTR

Seems like a lot of people assign a different definition to "UFO" than its actual definition.... Do I believe in them? If your talking about an "unidentified flying object" then I see them all the time. If you're talking about space ships with 'little green men,' then, sorry.... I've read articles that ascribe WWII to a "galatic battle" that just happened to involve Earth. If the line of thought continues then we as the human race can go on justifying anything we want as we have no control over ourselves. Don't buy it – although it would seem, based on human behavior of late, totally plausable.....

August 18, 2009 at 4:45 pm | Reply
  85. Mallory-Anne (in Halifax Canada)

I believe! how can we not?.....I know we live in a world so selfish and self absorbed...BUT SOON...as my boyfriend put it....it will not be about "race" or creed...it will be about human and non-human.
    We know that the larger cooperations are controling our government, and they are the ones covering everything up.... Aliens/non humans from outerspace ARE REAL
    and being told also by a respected astronaut (BUZZ ALDIN) that he has seen things not made of man...(while in space i might add) is not something we can just throw to the wind.
    People are in for a big shock when the government finally looses this battel of covering things up.
    Be prepared people......dont act so surprised....
    so stay tuned religious extreamists! this will go against all of what you have been bred to believe.

August 18, 2009 at 5:00 pm | Reply
  86. Eve85202

SEEING IS BELIEVING! Thank God my husband was there to see them also! With binoculars we watched for 20 min. a fleet of about 32 moving from sw towards the east se, Dec. 29th, 2005 south Las Vegas. It was awesome and we knew they were not from Nellis.

August 18, 2009 at 5:36 pm | Reply
  87. Frank Kelley

Of course I believe in UFOs, thousands are reported each year, it's just that they're not piloted by extraterrestrial tourists. There is not one shred of credible evidence. Crop circles have been debunked, 'Alien Autopsy' was a fraud. Show me some evidence that's not anecdotal!
    Carl Sagan and Isaac Asimov disabused me of my cherished belief in ancient astronauts and little green men back in the 1970s. Educate yourselves on the subject and it obvious the UFO thing is just a marketing campaign,

August 18, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  88. Chaim Singer-Frankes

UFOs are the modern fairy myth. It's quaint that so many people believe in this fervently. There are a host of pathologies along the neurosis / psychosis spectrum and it is posited that individuals who hold firm beliefs that they've been abducted do have some form of delusion. I don't mean to be derisive because for those who believe it, it can be traumatic and severely debilitating. Often the supposed repressed memories of abduction are projections of emotional or physical abuse suffered at a young age. It may be that the notion of alien abduction is at the end of the day, less of a stigma than having submitted on some level to a sexual violation. Again, I know this is very difficult material, but I think that rational thinking must prevail. It's not simply an issue where the lack of pure evidence is the overriding factor, but also one where deductive reasoning vis-a-vis all the cultural influences, particularly those of post-war and cold war fear are to blame.

August 18, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  89. chip reed

Think you have evidence? Good! Prove it. I am offering from my own personal bank account the sum of $1000.00 ( thats One thousand Dollars US) to anyone who can substantiate ANY claim of UFO visitation or conatact or sighting. You must be able to prove beyond all doubt the existence of something....anything...just have credible proof. Not only will you get my $1000.00 you will have the respect and admiration of the entire planet not to mention the ability to parlay your find into an untold fortune. So there's your challenge humanity, show me the goods and reap all the rewards. Im serious, are you?
    ChipReed1@aim.com

August 18, 2009 at 7:46 pm | Reply
  90. Peterweetbeter

Such dumb questions, no I do not believe in UFOs, I know they are real and I am investigating them...unless you ask 'sheeple'.

August 18, 2009 at 8:35 pm | Reply
  91. dave

honestly im appalled by all the wise-asses breaking down the term UFO.... yes thanks we all know what it means, and it was obvious it means alien spacecraft in this context. and YES it is simple human arrogance and stupidity to assume that life only exists here when there are millions of planets out there floating around millions of suns just like ours....in case the idiots need a clue...the twinkling lights u see in the sky every nite, are stars, are SUNS...so planets orbiting those suns, if theyre at the correct distance can support life, just like on earth....have they come here ? yes...do they want to expose themselves ? no, would u ?, i know theres lots of tree huggers here that think that the world would welcom them with open arms, but humans are scared, superstitious, fake god fearing people that wouldnt understand and we would just try to kill any aliens that come here....thats FACT....and u tree huggers, even if u did accept that there are aliens wouls say theyre "gods children too" just so itll make sense in your pea brain....bad news for ya.....there is no god, never was, our govt is a sham, i dont believe a thing they say...its all BS and its bad for ya...if the govt says "no such thing" it translates as "its real"

August 18, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  92. Egad!!

How do I know for an absolute fact that there's aliens and they come here from time to time? It's because the government says there's no such thing and they haven't told the truth to the public about anything important yet!

August 18, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Reply
  93. Diana

I believe in mermaids. Why not? Has anyone ever read "Water Babies" ? Just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it is not there. Wish I could go and watch the pretty sunset there and dream.

August 19, 2009 at 2:28 am | Reply
  94. 차명숙

Many Koreans also believe in UFO, and I think it can be from the holy haven. because even in the Bible, some parts says about UFO shaped meterials from haven. (Even in the Acts) I'm searching it individualy, by looking at the sky at night and days. However, it's sad that I never have seen it. It would be my pleasure....

비행접시를 위하여, 3 cheers!

August 19, 2009 at 2:33 am | Reply
  95. WeAreNotAlone

For tangible evidence of Roswell and an FOIA trail to confirm it was an ET of origin, visit the above link.

August 19, 2009 at 4:36 am | Reply
  96. songa

there might be UFO .. in other form than we normally saw on the movie or television show. its silly to think the earth is the only planet that has living existence. cause we only believe what we can see but there are things unexplanable. UFO could be one of those things.
    but i'm baffled by the marmeraids .. i want to meet her.. hope she is not so much camera-phobic ;; that i can win $1m ...........

August 19, 2009 at 8:25 am | Reply
  97. WeAreNotAlone

There are UFOs in the Bible.

And it does not mean they are demons, it really does not.

August 19, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Reply
  98. Frank Kelley

The Bible 'evidence' for UFOs slays me! There are trolls living under bridges in Grimm's Fairy Tales, soooooo you must believe in trolls under bridges too!
    Extra-ordinary claims require extra-ordinary evidence! SHOW ME THE EVIDENCE!
    Gotta run, having lunch with Bigfoot!

August 19, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Reply
  99. YouTube channel: seeingUFOsPA

UFOs DO EXIST and I have HD footage of them on my Youtube channel: seeingUFOsPA

So CNN, do you have the guts to do a story on them flying around Pittsburgh with the G20 Summit about a month away? I even have film of one flying down the Allegheny River towards Pittsburgh that DIDN'T SHOW UP on PITTSBURGH'S SURVEILLANCE RADAR (Which I've posted the letter from the FAA online as proof).

/As recently as August 17, 2009, my daughter and I chased a triangle UFO in Murrysville, PA – 20 miles east of Pittsburgh (Chase video is online) and saw two more last night in Harmar, PA, while another guy saw one in Irwin, PA–all with a half hour flying in different directions. So that makes at LEAST 3 separate crafts flying around–they seem to be attracted to our PA Turnpike reconstruction (and other road construction around here), in my opinion, as all 3 of these sighting locations are along the PA Turnpike 76.

So, one has to ask... Is the government security for the G20 Summit prepared to handle the appearance and/or sightings of these crafts, which aren't going to follow the 'no-fly' rules, or are they going to treat them like possible terrorists and cause a bunch of commotion by shooting at them?

It will be interesting to see if anyone asks about this problem...
    See the videos, or stay dumb. It's up to you.

August 19, 2009 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  100. chip reed

Dear, "seeingUFOsPA"...yes, thats a posters name.

This is in response to your post and your silly Youtube channel.

Your fuzzy, out -of -focus and jerky footage of helicopters and small civilian aircraft don't quite measure up as evidence other than to prove the existence of helicopters and small civilian aircraft. Also by deleting what you call "debunkers" comments on your Youtube vids only further exposes you as a hack rank amateur worried that EVERYONE will see that you're nothing more than a publicity whore and one piss poor videographer.

Anwyay thanks for the laughs and just so ya know? There's never been an alien space craft here on earth. I know it's hard for the kids to believe but it's true. There is no evidence whatsoever that would support these claims of extra terrestrial activity and if you and/or ANYONE can produce a single solitary tangible piece of proof I will can personally guarentee you'll be rich beyond your wildest imagination, and that's saying something.
    ChipReed1@aim.com

August 19, 2009 at 8:25 pm | Reply
  101. Cheryl Misas

I do not beleive in UFO's first of all if they had the capacity to get here why would they be interersted in studying us. We are obviously stupid...trying to kill each other with weapons when no one can leave the damn planet. UFO's are so advanced then us it would be ridiculous for them to come looking at us. We are still using fossil fuel. oil gas etc. we have not even started to use solar power efficiently. We would look like monkeys to anyone who would come to our planet.

August 20, 2009 at 3:26 pm | Reply
  102. WeAreNotAlone

If I were you I would use the web to research. Its something I do to get faster access to everthing right on my computer

August 21, 2009 at 9:10 am | Reply
  103. adilson

mermaids and ufos are just imagination.

August 24, 2009 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  104. Alastair

The Loch ness monster exists. I know for I lived in Fort augustus at the end of the loch. I used to take turists on sight seeing tours, But whats the point? Tourists cannot keep quiet and nessie is not that stupid :-) The americans and the japaneeze were the most fun to be with though. I would shout out: oh look over there in the water and they would all take about a million pictures before they actualy look?
    Gosh it was hilarious and realy made my day :-)

Here are some ideas for those of you who realy want to see him:
    1) Don,t take a tour boat, take a rowing boat (no engine)
    2) Go alone
    3) go between 2 & 3am when all other humans sleep.
    4) Sit in the middle of lthe loch, just south of Urkhart castle.
    5) Do not eat potato chips from a bag
    6) Consume a large quantity of Glenfidich wisky.

Do this an I guarentee that you may not beleave your eyes by what you see. Matter of fact, Nobody else will beleave you either :-)

August 24, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  105. Frank Kelley

LOL for sure that last comment was from a member of the Loch Ness Tourism Council!

August 24, 2009 at 7:26 pm | Reply
  106. Erzsebet Hollandus

In 1967 I was student of med. in Cluj-Napoca,Romania.at 5-6 p.m. , when i finish my lesson at clinique and retourne at home, in centre of city.Liberty Place, I and so many others 6-7 man and 3-4 woman ,seen one louminous object to South of sky ,about 800-1000 m higher,modifiyng their colour red-rose . . . blue – violet ,beautiful a.s.o staying here and when I arrive at home, Maxim gorkii 58 ,that was a few east-south ,the same high but in second disappear ed promptly without any other phenomena, without noice.

August 24, 2009 at 11:29 pm | Reply
  107. Felix Mkhize

CNN) - For one of the farthest, coldest places in the solar system, Pluto sure stirs a lot of hot emotions right here on Earth.

AstroPolitics

Earth at war over the discrimination of Pluto (and its citizens). as a dwarf Planet.

South Korea demads access to Mars.

USA controlls 99.92 % of mines in Mars..

Nothing can stop russia from collecting taxes in Space.

things to come welcomed from a distance.......

August 25, 2009 at 11:08 am | Reply
  108. Baja Juliet

Wisdom prevails, in this mass Universe of never ending galaxies and Solar Systems; one would be brainless to reflect that life only exits in Earth. UFO, yes i believe in them, some stories are hilarious and some are weighty. My Wild Card theory thrown in, is that why should Aliens visit us for any length of time?? Would you, If you knew Earth had diseases, human mankind at War with each other, chopping of heads, rape, sex crimes, children abused, and murders? An Earth that once had all the beauty and resources for each individual has been raped and corrupt beyond belief. My conclusion is when Aliens fly over the heavenly skies in their awesome UFO ships; they view Earth and say “Hasta Luego”

August 28, 2009 at 4:25 am | Reply
  109. Frank Kelley

A healthy scepticism on the issue of daily visits to our mote on the cosmic swirl by itinerent aliens has nothing to do with the existance of other intelligence in the universe. The speed of light is, as far as we know an unbreakable barrier beyond which travel is not possible, that alone precludes visits by far off civilizations without resort to generation ships or a form of suspended animation. The universe may very well be full of intelligence, if that intelligence snuffs itself out in a blink of the eye once it achieves a technological sophistication able to communicate with others is an open point, the one data point we have, ourselves, does not bode well. I support the search for other civilizations in the universe, I refuse to accept without extraordinary evidene, the proposition that we are some sort of cosmic theme park visted by curious space tourists on a frequent basis.

August 28, 2009 at 1:28 pm | Reply
  110. Bill Bartmann

This site rocks!

September 2, 2009 at 3:37 am | Reply
  111. Eve85202

ALL u closed minded people who will dis people and tell them what they DIDN'T see are crumbs! The world and all things happening r beyond r comprehension! STAY ignorant and think u know whats up, EVERYONE is going to be surprised to find out we know NOTHING, so glad i witnessed a wagon train of UFO's w husband last Sat of 2005 sw of Las Vegas they were in formation moving slowly from w to e and the arched almost knowing we were watching. We watched for 20 min. THEY'RE HERE FOLKES. Believe what u want.

September 10, 2009 at 12:58 am | Reply
  112. Felix Mkhize

Heaven and Hell: Allians,Memaids ,angels and deamons
    Deamons
    We know people can be possessed by species called daemons causing them to do very bad stuff.
    Therefore there exist another life form in the universe.
    Angels
    We know daemons were not daemons before they lost the battle of the archangel Michael.
    Therefore there exits a second life form in the universe.
    Memaids
    We know people talk about the existence of some life form under the sea. Yet the scripture tells in Revelation 20:1-2. That the new heaven and anew earth will have no ocean! This life form, if it exits might not make it to the next world. All depends what their bible says about being transformed in to his likeness.
    Alliens
    We know about the Roswell Incidence. We know the scripture talks about a wheel in a wheel, about Men in White explaining the ascension of Christ. We know not even powers from the skies will separate us from the love of Christ. Therefore there exits powers from the skies in the universe.
    Heaven:
    We know we are on earth and God is heaven. Therefore there exits heaven in heaven.
    Revelation21:1-2
    Hell:
    We know if some go to heaven some go anti-heaven. This anti heaven is what Isaiah described as
    Isaiah 47 Read This Chapter
    47:14
    Surely they are like stubble; the fire will burn them up. They cannot even save themselves from the power of the flame. Here are no coals to warm anyone; here is no fire to sit by.

In short. HELL is no fire place .Hell exits!

September 17, 2009 at 10:33 am | Reply
  113. Davey Peplinski

I have seen 3 UFOs at one time and im not making this up for attenion this is the real deal what hapend was i was looking into the skies on a cool summer night when i saw a triangle of stars and i thout that was weird then a cornor of the triangle moved across the sky and stoped same with the others and i know the wern't planes, satolites, or weather baloons nor helicopters because satolites and planes don't hover and rosecity don't have weather baloons or helicopters

November 7, 2009 at 5:11 am | Reply
  114. Larry Miller

Silly Humans –

Do you really think and believe that as beyound the human minds comprehension capabilities are as to the size ( distances and time) of the "known, universe that we are the "only ones" of intelligence(as we think we know what intelligence is) that exist ?

God is not as narrow minded or short sighted and egocentric as we are.

We "still" after Thousands of years are not able to stop "killing each other for , power, money, ego or even religion(s).

February 18, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Reply
  115. EMMANUEL UDEAGHA

MY LAST COMMENT CAN BE PROVED, IF ABDUL INSISTED.IF U BELIEVE THERE IS GOD U MUST ALSO BELIEVE THERE IS DEVIL.IF U ACCEPT OTHERWISE,CAN U TELL ME HOE COME U CAN SLEEP N WAKE THE FLLY MORNING? DO U KNOW THE MECHANISM BEHIND IT?
    ABDUL,IF U HAVE COME TO ACCEPT THAT U DO NOT KNOW, THEN U MUST BELIEVE THERE IS GOD N DEVIL.IF SO, THEN I WANT U TO KNOW THAT MARMAID IS A REPRESENTATIVE OF D DEVIL N SO DO EXIST.
    IF U WANT MORE REFERENCES,PLS FEEL FREE TO CONTACT ME ON MY EMAIL ADRESS

December 14, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Reply
  116. Chris penis

I was on the train heading for hogwarts then I looked out the window and saw a alien I couldn't believe it Sincerly Chris penis

March 21, 2011 at 5:10 am | Reply