Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Connector of the Day: Paulo Coelho

October 20th, 2009

With his 1988 novel “The Alchemist” among the most-widely read novels of all time, Paulo Coelho is a publisher’s dream – except for the fact he doesn't mind giving away his books for free.

Paulo Coelho poses during a photocall for 'The Experimental Witch' Tuesday at the Rome Film Festival.

Coelho, whose work has been translated into 67 languages, earning him a place in the Guinness Book of World Records, has emerged as an unlikely promoter of pirated Internet versions of his own works.

There again, to anyone who has read “The Alchemist” – an allegorical tale of one boy’s quest to follow his dreams and fulfill his destiny – this mission to give away his writing should make complete sense.

Despite being a successful songwriter, Brazil-born Coelho says he always wanted to be a writer – eventually penning “The Alchemist” in 1988. The novel initially had a small print run, but snowballed into a global bestseller to rival the likes of Dan Brown’s “Da Vinci Code.”

Now a household name – and a United Nations messenger for peace – Coelho has emerged as an outspoken supporter of the Internet, seeing it as a useful tool for distributing his work to an even wider readership.

“I always thought that when, at the beginning of your career, you strive to be read, you can’t change your mind later and become greedy about it,” he said after revealing that he had been directing his readers to Web sites where they can download his books without paying.

What do you think of Coelho’s writing and his philosophies? Send us your comments, questions for Coelho and we’ll put them to him when he appears on the program on Monday.

Posted by
Filed under:  General
  1. James W. Hawkins

What is the greatest challenge to your message of peace and love?

Woody, in Alexandria, Egypt

October 20, 2009 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  2. Camilo Sobrinho

Who is the The Alchemist ???
    Camilo Sobrinho,Natal,Brazil

October 20, 2009 at 4:52 pm | Reply
  3. Tenzin

Question for Paulo:

The Alchemist has impacted the lives of many and my friends and family members. How have you seen the evolution of changes in people's lives over the years since the time The Alchemist was first published?

October 20, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  4. Chikita Rosemarie

What do you think about the world nowadays?
    And how's your point of view towards it? Optimistic or pesimistic?
    Other than through writings, what can we factually do to the world, starting from our own societies?

Chikita Rosemarie, Jakarta, Indonesia

October 21, 2009 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  5. Albert C

What do you think about that your books are so popular among the big mass and not in the individual? obviously you may say that the mass is the addition of the individuals, but everybody knows that in the mass, the real individual loss their voice to become in a mute and there, the shepherd becomes in something necesary, then: What do you think about that: in your books always speak about the life like if that were the same group of experiences for each one,
    Are you a sort of sheperd or a really leader in the task to teach?
    What do you think about existentialism and other paths that gather the people and in the same way are powerfull thinking structures in the way that we look the world nowadays?

October 21, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Reply
  6. Alisson Pontes

Where did the inspiration to write the Alchemist? And which of his films are scheduled to be filmed? The book Veronica decides to die and excellent, pity that the film's director (Emily Young) ended with a beautiful story. Not to mention the role of the protagonist also very poor (Sarah Michelle Gellar. What you say about the movie?

Alisson Pontes.
    Brazil-PE

October 21, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Reply
  7. Namola da'eyyah

I think your novel the Alchemist where the most great work you have ever done and after reading this novel it reminds me of the One Thousand and One Nights stories which i think it inspired you of writing your novel the Alchemist..

October 21, 2009 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  8. Virginia

What keeps you down to earth?

October 21, 2009 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  9. Roby

Which of your books is most favourite to you, and why? Which was most difficult to write?

October 21, 2009 at 4:20 pm | Reply
  10. Emona

Your books are often about faith, signs, the occult... do you think these things are present in modern world as much as they were maybe in the past? do you think that people turn to faith today because they are fearful? if you exclude comfort in fearful moments, what would in your opinion be a practical advantage of having faith?

October 21, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  11. Celestial Regalo

Paulo Its Bright Light Warrior Nika just want to say thank you for showing me how to find the light that I have inside which guides me to follow my dreams.

October 21, 2009 at 8:34 pm | Reply
  12. Kathy Jenkins

I have been a writer all my life, but just recently decided to go public with my own writing. Your book inspired me to do that. I have a blog and a book in the works. My question is:

In the Alchemist, the boy confronted the impossible and turned himself into wind. You conquered your own personal legend by becoming a writer. I'd like to do the same. It may seem impossible, but would you be a guest on my blog?

October 22, 2009 at 3:29 am | Reply
  13. Soledad Pepito

Hiya! I so don't know how to address you. OMG! I'm a big fan. Btw, thanks for tweeting & cloning Confucius. I just want to ask or rather suggest, can you please consider having a world tour for book signing and all. I'm from the Philippines and we would really love if you could come and visit us so we can personally thank you and meet you. Thanks! Hope you'll write many more beautiful and interesting books. good luck!

October 22, 2009 at 7:30 am | Reply
  14. Marie-Christine

Question to Paulo –
    Despite all the ups and downs, I am aware that it is better to experience prana than drama.
    I believe that Education is part of an Entitlement that each parents must receive from their government. The assurance from them that our children will receive a free education from Early Childhood to University level.
    It must be free of charge.
    It is the same with a good health system. including mental illness and its abuses, human rights, poverty, etc
    I believe having a say in what is happening in the affairs of our Governments is one way to improve ourselves and the world.
    Global warming is us. This can only be achieved by joining hands and bringing some human warmth into each other.
    Charity starts at the bottom, not at the top...and all it takes is a human heart that is able to see into your heart.
    What are your thoughts on that? and is there a provision in the United Nations to include citizens of the "world" to participate? I would like to put my hands up if this occurs.
    another "compulsive optimist" P.Coelho (The blindman and Everest)
    Marie-Christine

October 22, 2009 at 10:01 am | Reply
  15. Nascimento

Paulo Coelho i am from Brazil so i would write in portuguese, but i will try to english. You wrote many songs for Raul Seixas. For you what is the better song or songs? What do you think about our chairman Lula?

God bless you.

October 22, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  16. Marie-Christine

"The winner stands alone" is a book that deals with fame and the fashion industry.
    I believe it gives the wrong impression about how a woman should look for a start – anorexic –
    It projects the image that you should look 14 ever after. What sort of image are we giving to the young girls and the older women?
    Another thing that really really annoys me is that in the "new" so called countries if you are passed 24 years old, you are out of the game.
    I just love it in Europe where women and men are valued regardless of your age.
    It is always a struggle trying to find something for the 45/50 and in mine – the over 60s – virtually impossible – unless you look for the 18th century rejects...
    I don't want to be looking like "mutton dressed as lamb."
    Has the fashion industry thought about having "normal" people on the catwalk?
    I mean the ones with a "real body" – THE ONES THAT CHANGES WITH THE YEARS?

October 22, 2009 at 6:16 pm | Reply
  17. Marie-Christine

Another question to Paulo on multi-culturalism
    For me a multi-cultural nation is a nation that is willing to teach foreign languages from an earlier age , is committed to it and realise the full value of it – an asset that enriches and stretches the mind –
    As an Ambassador of European Union for Intercultural Dialogue for the Year of 2008 and Unesco Special Counsellor for "Intercultural Dialogues and Spiritual Convergences" Paulo, do you believe in the teaching of foreign languages in Education?
    Thank you!
    Marie-Christine

October 22, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  18. Neiwal Pinheiro

Hello, I'm from Brazil and I live in Salvador in state of Bahia. I pride me of Paulo Coelho be a Brazilian. In brazil many people have read his books. He's a famous writer with thousands of the books wrote. The his books are requested in all world. Paulo Coelho is a genuine Brazilian. Congratulations for Paulo Coelho and CNN by the recognition too.

Neiwal / Salvador, Brazil

October 23, 2009 at 2:15 am | Reply
  19. siyad hajir

Excluding writting books,what is your other career?

siyad hajir
    denbosch, netherland

October 23, 2009 at 9:01 am | Reply
  20. Suzana Jamil

The Alchemist- did you based that story from a real person? Did you meet him?

Suzana, Malaysia

October 23, 2009 at 11:22 am | Reply
  21. BaffaMustapha

As an influential writer,My questions are:
    1. How long does it takes you to finish a Book?
    2.What do you fantasize outside writing?
    Thanks.

Kano,Nigeria.

October 23, 2009 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  22. Alexis Torres

I am an American woman in her early 20s and lived in a favela of Rio de Janeiro working for an ONG (nonprofit). During that time, I became friends with people from all walks of Brazilian life. One group that I became friends with was with a group of prostitues. Since then I have found myself trying to explain what little I understand of the complex reasons for entering into that profession as well as the pros and cons that follow.

I read your book "Eleven Minutes" and was admittedly skeptical about your ability to write as a woman's voice. Maria's thoughts about her first sexual experiences. I thought to myself, how can a man propose to understand the deepest thoughts and fears of a woman coming of age? Especially because, in my opinion, men and women understand sexuality very differently, at least to begin with.

However, by the end of the book, those thoughts had been dispelled because I saw that you seemed to try to illustrated the growth of Maria and was lost in the beauty of your style of writing. I wondered if you struggled with writing from a female's perspective. How did you go about writing these kinds of intimate scenes where young Maria first begins exploring what it means to be a sexual woman in Brazil. Also, which strengths do you think this character gave to the discussion of sexuality as opposed to one of the male characters in the book? How did the real woman you were inspired by for the Maria character help you create the voice of Maria? Also, do you feel like you write for a Brazilian audience or an international crowd. For example, with more international fame, do you find in your more recent work, you taking more time to explain cultural things that are specific to Brazil to enable a wider audience to appreciate the story?

Thank you for your stories and also for making me feel at home in your stories. Read your books in English in Brazil. As I was learning Portuguese while I lived there and have since moved to Japan, I read your books from the city's international center in Portuguese both as a way to keep up my language skills and learn new phrases, but also to continue to immerse myself in the culture that I grew so fond of! Obrigada!

October 23, 2009 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  23. Adrijana

when you will come to tke Croatia to present your book? Thank you! Adrijana,Croatia

October 24, 2009 at 11:39 am | Reply
  24. larisa

Hi Paulo!
    i want to ask u if this new book "the winner stands alone" when is comming to Albania?
    I love all your books, u r great ....

October 24, 2009 at 11:49 am | Reply
  25. Walaa

Do you think you would ever stop writing? Why / why not?

Walaa Hamdan

October 24, 2009 at 11:56 am | Reply
  26. Persian Nima

Dear Paulo,
    I'm amazed about your thoughts and beliefs, not just because they are synchronized by my life’s path; also they lead us and push us through the life barriers in most of cases to enjoy our life rather than complaining and grumbling! I would to know something, have you ever faced with something in your life, which makes you feel empty or disappointed in the world of dream and magic? What is you interpretation and conception about such a bumps and potholes in journey of life?

Wish your Peace & Love

Persian Nima

October 24, 2009 at 12:01 pm | Reply
  27. Aina Bjornstad

Hi Paulo! ❤ I've got all your books but The Witch of Portobello – and I love them all. You're so amazing as a writer! I know you get inspired to write by real people you've met, and your own experiences but I've wondered sometimes.. Even if real people inspire your writing – do you feel at some point when your working, that the words that are coming through you come from a higher source? Like your Higher Self, angels, guides, God? All of your books is talking directly to the reader's hearts and souls – so that is why I wonder 🙂 Keep up the good work you were born to do – enlightening people! ❤

Love,
    Aina Bjornstad, Norway

October 24, 2009 at 12:02 pm | Reply
  28. Gulhan

I would first like to thank you for your courage to write down your dreams, experiences and opinions. I've always wanted to know how it would be possible to meet one's own 'Master'. Muito obrigada. And, when are you going start a world tour to meet all your fans? Thank you so much, dear Paulo. Suerte!

October 24, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Reply
  29. andi tjandra

The quote, "Everything that happens once can never happen again. But everything that happens twice will surely happen a third time" in The Alchemist is not like any other wisdom quotation but rather, it is a long-term personal experience which I believe requires a very high observation skill. How do you notice this kind of experience?

I found in your blog that your favourite author is Kahlil Gilbran. Is he The Alchemist? And you're the shepherd boy?

October 24, 2009 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  30. Nina Ninova

It's not easy to be famous, so If Life offers you the opportunity to be invisible for 10 days, what you would do?

October 24, 2009 at 12:18 pm | Reply
  31. Arabella

Do you have plans to visit Dubai, United Arab Emirates?

October 24, 2009 at 12:33 pm | Reply
  32. Anna M

About your facebook statement – what's on your mind quote: ‘Cloning Confucius: Lovers don't finally meet; they're in each other all along’

Indeed . . . It is a puzzling experience and heartwarming insight but at the same instant there is a risk. If the lovers can create together, share their creations with the rest of the world then it will be alright but if they live together feed off each other then the story of Narcissus and Echo will become their reality. What is your opinion?

I will really appreciate your answer, if there is one. Thank you in advance.

October 24, 2009 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  33. asti

hello, Sir..
    I'm from Indonesia. My question is quite simple:
    The characters in your novels, do they represent you?
    I mean, do you use some of those characters to resemble yourself?

thank you..

October 24, 2009 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  34. Sophia G. , Greece

Do you keep a copy of your books in languages that you cant understand, just for the records?and if you do, in which languages and why?

October 24, 2009 at 1:00 pm | Reply
  35. Letizia

When I was reading Paulo Coelho's new book I got interested by 'normality' which he talks about from page 72. I'd like to hear whether he thinks it exists or not.

October 24, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Reply
  36. Ehab Omar

1- What was the most difficult transition in your life?

2- We all have our letdown moments, how did you confront that moments in your life and what’s your advice for others to pass it?

3- You always say, “Follow your dreams transform your life” . Sometimes it is very difficult to do that. Any advice?

Thank you for all the joy you bring to our life’s!
    Ehab from Egypt

October 24, 2009 at 1:27 pm | Reply
  37. Kara Counard

I have been very interested, after reading so many of your books, about the concept of soulmates. I have never been the overly romantic type, and I did not even use words like "true love" or "the one" .. But now, I have physically met the person I have always dreamed of, the love of my life. And she is a woman. My question pertains to two women being soulmates.. or two men, for that matter. All of the novels I have read of yours have been a man and a woman. I am wondering how you feel about a whole being made from two partners of the same sex?

October 24, 2009 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  38. Hana Ahmad

What is your view on infidelity? Should one forgive and forget betrayal in a marriage and go on with it?

October 24, 2009 at 2:59 pm | Reply
  39. Valerie Peace Raven

Please discuss your work on behalf of the children of Brazil. What projects are you involved in that support the disadvantaged and disowned youth? What suggestions do you have for your readers regarding claiming the unclaimed and helping to eliminate poverty, homelessness, child neglect and abuse? Thank you for your high level consciousness.

October 24, 2009 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  40. Rich Welt

Paulo
    What do you feel each one of us can do internally in order to be at cause to change our external environments?
    Thanks
    Rich Welt

October 24, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  41. Dina Bassel

I would like to ask Mr. Coelho how he filters out the negative influences in his life.

October 24, 2009 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  42. Polina Vladimirova

Dear Paulo,
    Did you have that experiences to meet your soul mate and to see the little light point at her left side up as you write that in Brida or it is a fiction? I think in real life we could "see" the soul mates only by the hearts.

Best Regards,
    Polina
    Sofia, Bulgaria

October 24, 2009 at 4:57 pm | Reply
  43. LORI LAMB

Mr. Coelho, you are incredible. I am reading The Witch of Portobello. You are so in touch with the mysterious...I was wondering when did you begin your journey of alchemy? What was it that sparked it in you? What did it lead you to study? Thank you so much for your energy in this world. Gratefully, Lori Lamb

October 24, 2009 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  44. Nadioui Mohamed

In the light of the clash-of-civilisation theory, the urgent need for communication between cultures, religions and civilisations and Islamophobia : to what extent do you think that Media over-coverage of the radical deeds of some radical Islamists has contributed to the clash of civilisations, hatred between religions and Islamophobia ? How can we as muslims promote the inter-cultural and religious communication? how can we help spread love, peace and tolerance, the focal poits of your books, all over the world?

N . Mohamed – Tangier / Morocco.

October 24, 2009 at 6:08 pm | Reply
  45. May K. Cobb

Dear Paulo,

I have read that you wrote "The Alchemist" in a few weeks, and that you only write a book every two years. My question for you is this: what does your writing experience look like? Do you ever face writer's block, and if so, how do you overcome it? Are you surrounded by endless notes and outlines or do you just write from your soul and let your instincts guide you?

a huge fan,
    may

October 24, 2009 at 6:32 pm | Reply
  46. Iris

Nome nest omen:What does your name "Paulo" mean to you?
    Best wishes, Iris

October 24, 2009 at 10:19 pm | Reply
  47. Ana Costa - Rio / Brasil

Excuse, I speak english a little. I did observe in Germany, that your books were prominence in bookstore. You are good! Congratulations!! !What you think about the movie from your book?

October 24, 2009 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  48. Enrico

I'm Italian and I love the books by Paulo Coelho ...
    Your books have profoundly changed me, now I see the world differently.
    I dream always and will continue even if not always the dreams come true.
    How would the world be if we were all warriors of light?
    I'd like to know where you get inspiration for your stories.

Enrico,
    Suzzara, Italy

P.S. excuse my English.

October 24, 2009 at 11:02 pm | Reply
  49. carmen gaviña

When are you planning to visit the United States, specially the city of Los Angeles?

October 25, 2009 at 5:25 am | Reply
  50. Norman

if you would dream twice about your own deaths date in the near future, what attention would you pay to these dreams?

October 25, 2009 at 9:21 am | Reply
  51. Citra Eka

GREAT. Paulo Coelho is my beloved writer.
    His works has touched my deepest heart.
    Congratulation Mr. Coelho, wish you all the best & God bless you... .

October 25, 2009 at 11:45 am | Reply
  52. Petra Linnea

Hi!
    As a new mother in this ever changing world, what do you consider to be the most important things I should teach my children?

October 25, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Reply
  53. Joe Jackson

Wow, what an incredibly genuine and generous person. I really respect him for wanting to share his work with the world, regardless of whether or not there is a price tag attached to it.

October 25, 2009 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  54. ralph lords

hes a jackass for promoting this behaviour. others are trying to make a living out of selling their writings while this man who probably no longer needs more money is now promoting free books. that is hurtful to others and self serving. plus, when people get something for free , they will unconsciously stop valuing it and sooner or later stop respecting it.

October 25, 2009 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  55. Katherine Donovan

I think it is absolutely WONDERFUL that you are giving the gift of your beautiful books to the World, Mr. Coelho! You are a blessing to all of us.

October 25, 2009 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  56. Devon Wallis

This is just another story of a person doing something without INCENTIVE and COMPENSATION. The philosophy that no one will do anything with a monetary compensation is inexact . Money only serves to corrupt people and put the world's wealth in the hands of few.

October 25, 2009 at 5:45 pm | Reply
  57. kevin

One day everyone will work for free

October 25, 2009 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  58. Marina Dimitrioska

Dear Paulo,

My favorite book you wrote is “Veronica Decided to Die”. How personal experiences have you shared with the readers in that book? And what about the other book you wrote? How personal are they? Do you feel sometimes that you give too much of your inner personality and your soul to the public?

Love from
    Marina Dimitrioska
    Skopje, Macedonia

October 25, 2009 at 7:52 pm | Reply
  59. Martha Sim

Rio 2016 was a major victory for Brazil and you have been an important part in this achievement.
    Então, como boa carioca, agradeço-o profundamente por isso, Paulo.

Unfortunately, the violence of drug trafficking and the police corruption are still tarnishing the beauty of this city.
    Do you believe that, rather than just become eventually pacified for the Olympics, Rio de Janeiro can be at peace?
    Do you believe in peace?

October 26, 2009 at 1:48 am | Reply
  60. John

Have had about you alot and would love to read some of your books.

October 26, 2009 at 6:39 am | Reply
  61. Iris

Nomen est omen.
    What does your name "Paulo" mean to you?

Best wishes,
    Iris

October 26, 2009 at 7:55 am | Reply
  62. Iris

Dear Paulo,

What did your parents say about your development within recent years?

Best wishes,

Iris

October 26, 2009 at 7:59 am | Reply
  63. Ivana

Dear Paulo,

I was wondering if you could visit Serbia, and maybe be the most respected guest ever at the Faculty of Filology in Belgrade.

You have numerous fans here, and we would all be thrilled to get to hear you speaking about life, dreams, faith.

Wishing you all the best,

Ivana

October 26, 2009 at 10:41 am | Reply
  64. Sara Pilku

Dear Paulo,

What is your greatest wish,which is unfulfilled?

Kind Regards
    Sara Pilku

October 26, 2009 at 11:29 am | Reply
  65. Maret

"Happiness is a myth we seek, joy is a state of mind. Pursue joy – forget happiness!" > What gives you joy?

October 26, 2009 at 11:30 am | Reply
  66. Peter Lawless

Paulo, you have inspired me greatly with all of your books, I feel a kinship towards you, though I have never met you, one day we shall!

My question is simple, albeit a little personal – "How much of Paulo Coelho is in your books?"

Keep shining the light for warriors around this world, Peter

October 26, 2009 at 11:33 am | Reply
  67. Natasha Hogan

Dear Paulo Coelho

You are a great inspiration to many people across the globe. How does it feel to be worship upon ?

Natasha Hogan
    Singapore

October 26, 2009 at 11:36 am | Reply
  68. Eva Bol

Dear Paulo,

I'll definitely be watching tonight. One of my questions is: How do you know that you're following your dream/legend? Is it a feeling, or knowledge? I'm still confused about my own.

Eva (The Netherlands, 26 yrs)

October 26, 2009 at 11:41 am | Reply
  69. Sleepless In KL

How would you like to be remembered when you have long departed from this earth?

(Love your tweets, btw)

October 26, 2009 at 11:41 am | Reply
  70. Rochelle Bezerra

Paulo! I Read you sinse my 16 years old! I´m a Brasilian!
    And I like to ask you this: And if our dreams are not part of what is established ... framed in society? Went ahead and stopped in preoccupy with criticism?
    Why live our truth is the best way to find the balance and personal satisfaction? A big hug!

October 26, 2009 at 11:42 am | Reply
  71. Sarah

Paulo,

I have two questions for you and would love it if you could answer them.

The Alchemist talks about following your dreams – but how do you know if something is your calling? Can you have more than one, as I think I have two, and I'm not sure which way to go or if I should pursue both?

Secondly, I have been discussing fate and omens with a friend and we have begun seeing them everywhere. Is this because we are opening up to them, or are we reading too much into it?

October 26, 2009 at 11:43 am | Reply
  72. Giannis

Paulo has really made to love book ! he's a "religion" for me and millions of people .. a general question that i'd like to ask, is if from his point of view, the average person of 21st century is better or worst than this os the past . world is better now?

ps: PLEASE come to greece for an interview too !!

October 26, 2009 at 11:43 am | Reply
  73. Juliana Dona

I have to say.....he's the best!!!

October 26, 2009 at 11:44 am | Reply
  74. Jardel Boots

Mr. Paulo,
    I awlays thought you are a very interesting personality... Since I started reading your books I think more about my role in the world. I always wondered how it would be if I had a master to guide me in part of my way. As in Brida, The Pilgrimage and The Valkyries, do you have a master or followers that you guide? Or is it just a fictional question?
    Thanks for the attention.

Jardel (MG, Brazil)

October 26, 2009 at 11:45 am | Reply
  75. Arturo

you have a lot of fans who talk spanish

why don't you tweet in spanish?

October 26, 2009 at 11:45 am | Reply
  76. nikki

hi paulo...

i wonder where your inspiration in writing came from....

god bless....
    thank you...

October 26, 2009 at 11:47 am | Reply
  77. Cristina

Hello Mr. Coelho.
    In the first pages of Brida you wrote about your Pilgrimage to Rome.
    I suppose you did it, to develop the "Charism of Languages", that you described in "The Pilgrimage" (i.e. the episode with the black dog).
    Why don't you write a book about this pilgrimage?
    What represents the word "Pilgrimage" for you?.
    Thank You.

October 26, 2009 at 11:49 am | Reply
  78. Kevin Mwenda

I'm from Kenya and I have never read any of his books but I follow Paulo Cuelho on tweeter where I find his quotes to be not only wise but very relevant. I look forward to buying his books and I am glad to say that say that I will be watching this show tonight, a show I got to know about from his tweeter updates.

October 26, 2009 at 11:49 am | Reply
  79. Asote

What would you choose: God's handmade White Feather Angel or His Golden Arrow?

October 26, 2009 at 11:49 am | Reply
  80. wurei

Dear Paulo,

First of all, I would like to thank u for being an inspiration in my life.

I'm living in Indonesia a country that acknowledge 5 religions: Islam, Christianity, Catholic, Hindism, and Buddism.

However, in this country Mixed-religions married is not allowed by law. What do u think about this?

Thank you.

October 26, 2009 at 11:50 am | Reply
  81. MariaElena

Dear Paulo,
    Do you believe in soulmates? And do you believe that If you lose that important person in your life once and have regrets after for all your life it is possible to make destiny bring it back to you by positive focused thinking, by truly unconditional loving,by faith and hoping?
    I have stupidly lost any contact with the love of my life and since then a lot of time passed and I realized that he was the one.....And I know that he feels the same but time has put lots of barriers between us and now there are too many risks and too much fear to be undertaken so I guess we are both stupidly coward and truly ignorant.....I have hope and I pray for wisdom........

October 26, 2009 at 11:51 am | Reply
  82. Juggan Jilani

Dear sir Paulo!
    You're only one my teacher.You taught me how to find the meaning in life.

Best wishes 🙂
    Juggan Jilani, Pakistan

October 26, 2009 at 11:53 am | Reply
  83. Carolena Sabah

Hello Querido Paulo,

This is Carolena, one of your 'Witches'
    Firstly, thank you for Everything! I will always be grateful to you.

My question is, why have you never had any children, and is that a Dream for you, do you want to have a child and be a father or is it of no importance for you?

With Love,
    Carolena Sabah

October 26, 2009 at 11:53 am | Reply
  84. Graham Libaert

Dear Paulo, can you please tell me how to predict when our curb-side recycling will be collected by wealden district council? to time it right must involve (failing a visit from Nostradamus) alchemic knowledge and astral charts and so far I have seemed to of missed each and every collection for the last 6 months. Thanks in advance for your help, Graham.

October 26, 2009 at 11:56 am | Reply
  85. David Alton Dodd

I'm David, from Mexico.

My question:

What are the pitfalls of speculation?

The gratifications of speculating are simple, we can dream great futures, but certainly, there are pitfalls. What are the dangers in speculation?

October 26, 2009 at 11:58 am | Reply
  86. Abibb

What do u have against christianity? Appreciate an answer. Thank u. Btw u r one of my favorite authors

October 26, 2009 at 11:58 am | Reply
  87. thursdaychild1973

All knowledge should be free. Perhaps one of your books should be translated into "Australian", we do have our own brand of English down here! Any plans to visit the antipodes in the near future?

Daniel

October 26, 2009 at 11:59 am | Reply
  88. Diana

I just want to state how I love The Alchemist.
    The book makes me realize things I never think of, makes me try to understand more about signs that come to my life.
    I hope I was not wrong in reading signs that came into my life, maybe you could give me more tips in recognizing signs correctly in one's life.

Thank you and keep writing beautiful book 🙂

Diana.

October 26, 2009 at 11:59 am | Reply
  89. Dany Verissimo-Petit

What are your thoughts about the end of the Maya's calendar in 2012?

October 26, 2009 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  90. Sonya

Hi! I'm a big fan and faithful twitter follower of yours. I love the quotes you tweeted. Really inspired me in my darkest days. I really want to know how did you come up with that? Another thing,when you're writing,did you know that your book would be a big hit? Thank you very much. You're not just a writer; you're a philosopher. May God bless you. Sonya, Papua-Indonesia

October 26, 2009 at 12:10 pm | Reply
  91. Lillian Sanpere

You walked the 500 mile pilgrimage trail to Santiago de Compostela.....other than your book "The Pilgrimage" how did that walk influence your writings?

October 26, 2009 at 12:11 pm | Reply
  92. mia

Do you have some questions for which you dont find answer yet?

October 26, 2009 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  93. Inna Balasanyan

Dear Paulo,

Your books can change someone's life. So many people believe to you, to all that you do and say. Aren't you afraid of this ?

October 26, 2009 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  94. Vikas

Hello Paulo,

What would you call your genre of writing: Spiritual, Eternal, psychic, or maybe something else....

Cheers

Vikas

October 26, 2009 at 12:21 pm | Reply
  95. Gulcan Serdaroglu, Turkey

Dear Paulo Coelho,
    I am writing to express my great gratitude for your help to embrace life. I am a cancer-surviver. I went throught really difficult times but always remained optimist with your support through your precious books which I have read during my cancer-fighting period. They all acted as my best friends and sincere supporters.
    I know that your books include your life experiences, feelings and observations. I am wondering which of your books reflects you and your life most.
    Thanks for being Paulo Coelho as an outstanding writer and great warrior who is my best lead to follow. I wholeheartedly wish to see you in Turkey.
    Gulcan Serdaroglu
    İstanbul, Turkey

October 26, 2009 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  96. Michelle Mukonyora

I love how you have made Catholicism real and alive in the 'modern' world. I am from Zimbabwe and have only experienced my religion from the surface as the more mystic aspects of it are kept secret for a closed society.

October 26, 2009 at 12:31 pm | Reply
  97. Liina.L

Why do You believe that people find it so hard to 'fall in love' in living and loving these days?

What is the last sign You have recieved that You did not ask for (and what did it tell You)?

How do You think the publicity would react if everyone one day found out "the secret of life" – what would happen and would it stay that way?

When was the first time/period that You started to "see clearly"?

In case You had one wish that You knew would be granted, would it be universal or personal, and what would it be?

With love,
    dreamer of a better world.

October 26, 2009 at 12:34 pm | Reply
  98. Eugenia

Dear Paulo,

I've read the Alchimist several times. I feel that the book gives me inspiration and hope. I think that every person should read it in order to realize their dreams and not be afraid to reach for them.
    How did the idea of the The Alchemist come to you?

Eugenia

October 26, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  99. Alanoud

Paulo coelho is an A student in life's school, as philosopher i think he is a great and uniqe.

October 26, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  100. Natali

I would like to ask, as a spiritual person myself: How can you react to aggression without aggression or keepin our heads down? I believe in so many things and I always take a stand. But how can i protect my loved ones, how can we protect our world peacfuly? I would love to hear your thoughts on this.

Thanks for writing!!!!
    Natali from Budapest

October 26, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  101. Doris

surely you, too, have thought about the financial crisis and it´s consequences on people all over the world. how do you think about that?

October 26, 2009 at 12:44 pm | Reply
  102. Niki

What do you think about monachism?

October 26, 2009 at 12:49 pm | Reply
  103. Niki

What to do if we meet our Other Half, but he/or she is devoted to God. And this love is impossible? How can we forget our imposibble love? How to forget that we have met our Other HAlf?

October 26, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  104. Doris

Albert Einstein (quote) : “There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle.”

what is your approach? do you believe in miracles? have you experienced any?

October 26, 2009 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  105. Eva Bol

Dear Paulo,

One of my other questions is: How is the process of translating your books organized? I'm wondering how you make sure that your words keep their original meaning?

Eva

October 26, 2009 at 1:03 pm | Reply
  106. candie

Dear Paulo

I'd like to know under what circumstances did you write your first book?Meaning by that,how was your life at that time,did you have to work and write when you had time?Did you struggle cause of life responsabilities ect..

Candie

October 26, 2009 at 1:11 pm | Reply
  107. ASHBIN

Can you recommend a book on the teachings on Confucius?

October 26, 2009 at 1:31 pm | Reply
  108. Janeth Araña

Un verdadero Guerrero de la Luz que nos insta a cumplir nuestros sueños a través de sus maravillosos libros.... Forma parte de la Leyenda Personal de muchas personas en este planeta llamado TIERRA..

A true Warrior of the Light that calls us to fulfill our dreams through his wonderful books .... Part of the Personal Legend of many people in this planet called EARTH ..

October 26, 2009 at 1:32 pm | Reply
  109. Fawzia

Hello Mr. Coelho, your “the Alchemist” is my spiritual guidance in the journey of my life, thank you!

“The Alchemist”, why did you choose this title?
    How much are you affected by the Arabian culture?
    Does “the Law of Attraction” used to explain “And when you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you to achieve it.”?

With much love, peace and respect

Fawzia

October 26, 2009 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  110. abeija

dear Paulo,

Do you look forward to your 100th birthday?

Best wishes,

Abeija, Indonesia

October 26, 2009 at 1:52 pm | Reply
  111. abeija

Dear Paulo,

Is there any noble savage?

Best wishes,

Abeija, Indonesia

October 26, 2009 at 2:02 pm | Reply
  112. Andy Z. Batangantang

i read somewhere that some people thought you were crazy, is this true? why would they think that way?

Andy Batangantang, from the Philippines

October 26, 2009 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  113. Kenya Pena

Dear Paulo,

I have no words to explain how much admiration I have for you, your books have change my life and open my mind to a new world...I'm wondering if every book you write are experiences you have lived in the past? Are we ever going to see any of your books becoming a movie?

Thank you for every word you write God bless you,

Kenya

Houston, Texas

October 26, 2009 at 2:35 pm | Reply
  114. Lisa Cash

Question for Paulo,

What gave you not only the inspiration, but the courage to write your first book?

from:
    San Francisco/Germany

October 26, 2009 at 2:42 pm | Reply
  115. Ipsita Mishra

First of all thanks for the great piece of work you have gifted to this world. I am a great admirer of your works.

1. My question is, what do you love to do apart from writing ?

2. What keeps you motivated ?

3. Is there anything in your life that you regret upon ?

Regards,
    Ipsita from India

October 26, 2009 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  116. Joni Javier

My question is:

Why should I ask him a question here, when I can ask him directly on twitter? (Okay, that was rhetorical and rather sarcastic...)

But anyway...what's his take on the boom in communications around the world? Just the other day, he posted a quote which was translated into so many different languages by so many different people. (He re-tweeted some, and could've re-tweeted more, I think.)

So many people responded to his tweet. (He didn't even ask them to translate it for him) Is social networking a boon, or can it help humanity achieve a sort of harmony? What is his take on all this media? Is it overwhelming?

October 26, 2009 at 2:50 pm | Reply
  117. Greg

The Alchemist

I read it and is one of my favorite books. I have experienced your story in my own life. Reading the book and clearly seeing that my life has followed your story and now i can partially rest and be somewhat secure and satisfied of my past travels and love. Is this your intent to show a greater lesson? Did you write this book after experiencing this story yourself? or is this a vision of a story that you have yet yourself have experienced? Is your book to inspire some to discover this journey frm the book or confirm others that have discovered in their life this journey that they were correct & fulfilled to discover and take chances?

October 26, 2009 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  118. Gudrun Feldkamp

Mr. Coelho,

You are amazingy accesible: You seem to run the blog on your website mainly by yourself and like to discuss topics with your readers.
    What value does that have for you?
    Would you advice your collegue writers to also open the lines toward their readers?

Gudrun Feldkamp (Rotterdam, NL)

October 26, 2009 at 3:05 pm | Reply
  119. Taiyba Ahmad

You are superb doing a good job sir. am biggest fan of urz. take good care of urself. God bless you. Amen

October 26, 2009 at 3:11 pm | Reply
  120. Rashmi

Hi Paulo!! It will be great to hear you speak on CNN..

My question is

How does one find the path..?

Thank you.

Rashmi (Bahrain)

October 26, 2009 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  121. Alexandra Manescu

I would like to know if you are working on a new project at the moment, and if yes, what is this? A new novel?
    Love
    Alexandra
    P.S. How do you get time to write, when you have so many things to do, and you travell so much?

October 26, 2009 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  122. mahdis

Dear Mr. paulo
    Hi
    I've red most of your books. I can't find the word in English to say what's my feeling about your books, but they're just wonderful, attractive and complete.
    Your stories always have events and symbols that they happen in our life but we don't mention although they can lead us to a better spiritual life.
    To summarize I love your books.

I've been finishing "As Valkirias" and now it's been a few days that I've imagined my angel. I'm trying to understand it. I don't know it's an inculcation or not but it exists, I really hope not to forget it and continue living with my loving angel!

I have a question:

There is s.th strange; I don't understand if we can ask help from God why should we ask help or guide from angels?
    I think maybe they're hands of God or we can understand them easier!
    I wish i could see you and ask my whole questions!

thanx a lot sir
    mahdis,iran

October 26, 2009 at 4:02 pm | Reply
  123. KingMarquezini

Does Raul Seixas still influence your work today?

Bryan

October 26, 2009 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  124. Joana Duque

I am a long time admirer, i've read almost all your books and each of them has made an amazing change in my life so for this thank you...I recently heard that you gave permission to make your books movies...is that true? if so...do you think they will be capable to keep the essence that each book has i love to read as well as to watch movies...but somehow I believe that some books should have kept themselves as books not become movies...thank you again for sharing your talent with the world you have made a difference...

October 26, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Reply
  125. Marie

Hello, you seem somebody very definite in your choices and also in your actions, do you think that it's a part of your character since the childhood ? Thank you very much to take time... Marie – France

October 26, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  126. Breda Moore

Hi Paulo,
    just wanted to say I hope to listen in this evening : ) Wishing you an enjoyable time.
    My Question : What does the love and respect you receive from your loyal and loving fans mean to you Paulo (you have duly earned it !!!),
    love
    Breda

October 26, 2009 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  127. Ajoy Kumar

Dear Coelho,

I'm a fan of yours and I've also spread the "word" around. But I do also have some questions.

What do you think of the value and significance of money and the desire to be rich?

October 26, 2009 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  128. Bas Boorsma

Question for Paulo:

Dear Paulo, I read all your books, love them, your words have inspired me as it has so many others. Your many wise & insightful thoughts have helped me as it they have so many. Yet since I have children (the one greatest tributes to love & life), I have found some of your perspectives less applicable. Having children means to love, serve, work and accept an unescapable degree of routine. Yes: one should always follow one's dreams, never sacrifice them. However, in some cases when having children chasing dreams can also turn into a wildly ego-centric affair. In your words I read wisdom but also the perspective of a man who does not have children or has experienced the absoluteness of the fate that comes with having them. How do you think about that?

Bas Boorsma
    The Netherlands

October 26, 2009 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  129. Gaurav Shangari

Paulo's books have literally given me a new lease of life. At one of the lowest points in my life I discovered Paulo Coelho's books and my life changed forever. In a way, it is because of Paulo's inspirational words that I am even alive today.

Thank you Paulo.

Gaurav Shangari
    India

October 26, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Reply
  130. Daniela

Dear Paulo,

I am looking forward to seeing the movie on The Experimental Witch. When is it coming out ?

Thank you.

Daniela
    Bulgaria

October 26, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  131. Paul from Austria

The Winner Stands Alone is the title of your latest novel...

Would you agree that we all stand alone, but through the act of sharing, we are capable as one, to turn the destructive tide we have set in motion...?

Thank you... Paul

October 26, 2009 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  132. inga howe

Do you think that it is possible to turn this sinking ship called mother earth around and overcome growing poverty, environmental destruction, spreading deseases like hiv, water shortage and the evil and fast growing roots of corporate greed and lost morals?
    it just seems so overwhelming compared with the wide spread ignorance amongst a lot of people!

which are the landmarks we need to achieve, which are necessary in order to accomplish a bright future for our children on this planet?

October 26, 2009 at 6:07 pm | Reply
  133. Jorinna

Next year there will be "Veronica decides to die" in the cinemas. I once read on you homepage that you doesn't want movie versions of your books. Why have you changed your mind?

October 26, 2009 at 6:11 pm | Reply
  134. Isimoni from Oxford, UK

Paulo, soo looking forward to you appearance on CNN tonight.

I have always read your books, and have them all all. However, your last 2 books (Brida & The Winner Stands Alone) I have not been able to get into & barely made it half way. This has confused me and I was disappointed that I did not get them same feeling/message from your last 2 books.

Question –

1). Do you think writers experience some kind of 'change/transformation' during their time as writers on this earth and if so does this affect their writing style (Not saying you have).

2). How do you as a wrtier deal with this were it possible?

3). Does the effect/appeal of a book or a writer on a reader depend on where they are in their life (which is what I think may be reason why I am not feeling the same vibe)?

Despite this 'lull' in my love for your books, I follow you on Twitter and your status updates still open my mind up.
    Thank you for what you brought to my growth as an individual on this planet.

Isimoni

October 26, 2009 at 6:26 pm | Reply
  135. Cristina

When is the movie "veronica decides to die" coming out?

October 26, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  136. Oleg from TAllinn

Paolo, keep doing your job, keep transferring your wise thoughts to all the people.
    I think you should write a book about small and big things in life, because many people feel unhappy because of very small things, or argueing or feeling angry, it shouldn't be so. The most important that they remember about bigger things – society, having all the legs and arms. I think that many people should be happy already because they have a LIFE!!!

Atencao!!!! and the questions are:
    1. What do you think about my statement?
    2. What do you think about a small country of Estonia where I live?

Saludos,
    Oleg

October 26, 2009 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  137. John Herberger

Of all the aspects of awakening, if you had to choose just one thing – what do you think is the "one thing" we could all be doing to move us forward in our evolution?

October 26, 2009 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  138. Denise

In a recent Twitter and FB post you said, "If you stop dreaming you stop living life. But if you are following your dreams, age is not a problem."
    It seems that finding that "dream" is almost more difficult than following it once you've found it. Do you have any advice on discovering what your dream or personal journey is?

October 26, 2009 at 7:32 pm | Reply
  139. Aurora S. Prawiradinata

Dear Sir,
    A few days ago you tweeted to stop pleasing people and be who you always wanted to be.
    It gave me a long pause. You have always inspired me, but this time, You broke my heart.
    Its the first time I conflicted with your writing.
    "Its easy for you to say!!!"
    but its hard for me to do..its my dad..
    In order to please him, I have to give up my dreams.
    I'm just being a good daughter.
    Sir, what shall I do?

October 26, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Reply
  140. Dafe Ivwurie

Dear Paulo,
    what do you think is the most important subject that an influential writer like you should devote his pen to in this 21st century – world peace, climate change or the simple things that make us happy?

October 26, 2009 at 7:43 pm | Reply
  141. Altenir Silva

What are your three favorite movies? And three favorite books?

October 26, 2009 at 7:57 pm | Reply
  142. Inma Eiroa

Do you write your tweets personally, or is someone else?

October 26, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Reply
  143. Mari Ann Ree

I feel that several of your books could be about me and my life: The Alchymist, Brida, The Witch of Portebello, The Pilgrimage – and others.
    It is not always because it is how I look at myself and my story, but because I know how other people look at me and my story. So what do you think Paulo – are your books about me? 🙂

October 26, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Reply
  144. Kaan

I Love Lady Sabah... 🙂

October 26, 2009 at 8:48 pm | Reply
  145. Hamyungsuk

Do you still love the girl?

October 26, 2009 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  146. Marie-Christine

In your opinion, are "mentally ill patients" being discriminated?
    Do you worry about the treatment given to them – by over prescribing medication for example ?
    Is not more education needed to make people more aware so they can learn to deal with these problems?
    Thank you.

October 26, 2009 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  147. Parik

What is your main motivation for writing?

October 26, 2009 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  148. Hend Abuenein

Hi
    I'd like to tell Mr. Coelho that I'm disappointed that he's giving rights to his novels to be turned to movies now.
    His abstaining from selling right was a triumph of books over seen and heard entertainment.
    Will he please explain why?

October 26, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Reply
  149. Dominic junior

Sir, what does it take to be a writer like you.

October 26, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  150. Aliaena

Q. for Paolo Coelho: What is your heart telling you these days? What are your dreams?

October 26, 2009 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  151. Virgi

I'm following you on Twitter. You are always so inspiring...
    Do you consider yourself a happy person? Why?
    Thanks.

October 26, 2009 at 9:43 pm | Reply
  152. Isabella (Venezuela)

hello Paulo, every year I read one of your books, I have just to finish the winner is alone, and I must conffess that I was waiting something diferent, more "at your style" jejeje, but, I must confess too, that when I read it, I've been obey to read again, because it gets deepest in my soul. Because the way that you have to see the human soul in every person of your book is like a mirrow, where I find so many things of myself .... thanks for your transparens thanks for be a special instrument of God, to reveal us the way of the arch, thanks

October 26, 2009 at 9:44 pm | Reply
  153. Fernando Cabral

What is the greatest miracle you have witnessed? There are no regrets in your life?

in Portuguese:
    Qual o maior milagre que você já presenciou? Existe arrependimentos em sua vida?

October 26, 2009 at 9:45 pm | Reply
  154. Fatima - Portugal

As a writer , I love all your books . With all these new inovations
    downloading books ... good option .

Do you see your self still writing in 20 years ?

October 26, 2009 at 9:53 pm | Reply
  155. Ege Erkocak

Will he really want to see the alchemist as a movie?

October 26, 2009 at 9:55 pm | Reply
  156. amani

you are an exeptional writer , i love your books , and i am a fan
    my question is i am in cross roads and i dont know how to figure out things ,, i belive that god created our own path ,,and we have to find the signal along the way to fullfil my own porpuse in life so did you ever felt that you are lost and couldnt figure out what to do ?

October 26, 2009 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  157. rosa de los vientos

Querido Paulo Coelho te sigo desde el año 2006 y he visto aquel viaje maravilloso en el Transiberiano hacia el Lago Baikal donde pude ver como te quiere la gente de todo el mundo. No dejo de sorprenderme del amor y todo lo bueno que inspiras en ellos y aquí lo estoy viendo también.
    Por eso estoy aquí para recordarte la magnitud de tu presencia, no digo que se cree una dependencia pero si a veces una necesidad de escucharte, verte, leerte y seguirte en los blogs a través de Internet este bello mundo en el cual me aventuré gracias a ti.
    Mi pregunta es: ¿A través de la 2ª mente nos llegan órdenes de otros que identificamos como nuestras?
    Gracias y mucho amor para ti.

October 26, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Reply
  158. Rani

I have read several times. The alchemist with the falcon, white horse
    simply captures my imagination , something I heard in the story of Tenth Guru, Gobind Singh,Who actually gave form to the name Sikh and the particular way they adorn themselves turban and preached to defend weak and poor and declared it is ok to carry weapon to defend oneself and others. Did you also read about this eastern tenth guru and sort of brought him alive!!!
    liPaulo , you write beautifully and I thank you for being here on this earth for all of us to be with you through your writings.

October 27, 2009 at 12:09 am | Reply
  159. Nanci A.

Dear Paulo Coelho,
    Your books serves as encouragement to so many people, through your writing you have become a mentor.
    Who do you consider your mentor? Who are the people that have inspired you?

thanks for being a source of positive value in the world

October 27, 2009 at 4:09 am | Reply
  160. Dilyara

Dear Paulo Coelho,

You are read also in Kazakhstan and your books are a great inspiration to many of my friends.

What I like most of all in your books is that I feel so much in common with the heroes, like I am reading the thoughts I had, but didnt have enough vocabulary to express them in such a simple way.
    I do get motivation to search and bring my ideas to life!
    I do get lessons through those tricks.

Wish you all the best!!!

Regards,

Dilyara

October 27, 2009 at 8:47 am | Reply
  161. Dimoir Quaw

Hello Paulo,

I have not yet read your work but you said something in your interview with Becky that will guarantee that I do…

You mentioned that ALL stories can be reduced to FOUR categories. I’ve never thought of stories in that way. Could you please remind me of the categories you mentioned?

Dimoir, in the Netherlands.

October 27, 2009 at 9:10 am | Reply
  162. Muhammad Iqbal

Dear Paulo,

According to your opinion, what are the secrets of a peaceful mind? And how to live in joy and happiness?

Warm regards,
    M. Iqbal

October 27, 2009 at 10:22 am | Reply
  163. Leandro D'Ippolito

Olá Paulo!

A minha pergunta é a seguinte: Qual a pergunta que você gostaria de responder e que nunca o fizeram?

October 28, 2009 at 9:30 pm | Reply
  164. Dr.Munumba Edward

I read Paulo Coelho's books and I fell in love with the Alchemist.....it is a wonderful work one can be proud of.....he is really talented and an outstanding other ever....I think my life is no longer the same after that
    I do appreciate him and he has to work more....it is his real time.

October 31, 2009 at 7:37 am | Reply
  165. Esperanza del Carmen Silva Varela

me gustaría mucho platicar con él personalmente........sé que es una utopía soñar no cuesta nada. Hola Paulo soy Esperanza, y me dá mucho gusto que existas. By

October 31, 2009 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  166. Jayson Santos

Hope you can visit the Philippines so we can get a personal autograph from you. Thanks for sharing your magnificent stories...More powers!!!

November 6, 2009 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  167. andre

Is this your last book ?

November 18, 2009 at 4:28 am | Reply