Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connectors: Lady GaGa and Cyndi Lauper

February 26th, 2010

One is famous for her "Poker Face", the other is a girl who just wants to have fun.

Between them, Lady GaGa and Cyndi Lauper - pictured above preparing for their interview with CNN's Becky Anderson - have sold tens of millions of records worldwide; now they are in London putting their weight behind a new fundraising initiative from the M.A.C. AIDS fund: "From Our Lips".

Lady GaGa, who recently picked up three gongs at London's BRIT Awards, is known for her wacky style and sensational vocals. She's the lady of the moment, who everyone wants to work with – from Giorgio Armani to Rihanna to Simon Cowell.

Meanwhile, after more than twenty sterling years and global record sales, Cyndi Lauper has proven she's got the heart and soul to keep fans compelled by her every creative move. Throughout her career, the singer-songwriter has promoted gay and lesbian rights, and she continues at the helm of the "True Colors Fund" organizing concerts to show solidarity against discrimination.

Although the pair were born to different generations, their journey to pop fame couldn't be closer. They were both born to American-Italian parents and brought up in New York City, and both started playing and performing music at an early age.

Destined for stardom, and now coming together to promote an important cause, Cyndi Lauper and Lady GaGa will be your Connectors of the Day on Wednesday's Connect the World.

1. Farley Miranda

Hi there Miss Gaga... love your songs and mostly your attitude toward everything,a dn the way you express it through songs and look.

February 26, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Reply
  2. Farley Miranda

Oh yeah, some questions: when are you guys coming to Brazil? Another thing, are you going work together on an album or something like that?

February 26, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Reply
  3. Michael

What do you think about christians, christianity and the end time?

February 26, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  4. Bishop Kelly

I love your music ,my question is.do you have any plan to visit Africa most especially Nigeria in nearert Time.You have a huge fans here.your styles of clothing is making wave here among the females.

February 26, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  5. Korede

Hey lady gaga why is it that you team up with Beyonce all the time and why don't try working with Rihanna instead u would never regret it because both of you would sound nice

February 26, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  6. Keira

Hola,

My question is, what prompted the both of you to become advocates of the gay/lesbian community? Being from different generations, was there a specific moment or someone you met that prompted you to be so vocal about it? Kudos to both for doing so! Wish more people would do the same!!! :)

February 26, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Reply
  7. Mandla Nkosi

My question is directed to Lady Gaga: Was she freacky from early years or is something she kinda found in her adult-hood, freackness that is?

February 26, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Reply
  8. louis

where do you get inspiration? Do you write the songs yourself?

February 26, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  9. Brenda Berenice

Question for Lady Gaga you are at the top of the world with so much on your plate. As one of your biggest supporters, I'd like to know what you do to keep yourself grounded with all this pressure?

Brenda from Bakersfield, Ca.

February 26, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Reply
  10. andres malama

hi ,im a pop ,r$b & hip hop fan,of which at the same time i do hip hop as
    well,but where i live they dont appreciate it & there is no proper studio,i also feel like givingup what can i do?

February 26, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  11. Brenda Berenice

Question for Lady Gaga. Knowing that you influence many many little monsters around the world (including myself). What words would you have for us in terms of staying positive & motivated to keep doing whatever it is we want to do?

February 26, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  12. Okon David

Hi lady Gaga. I really love what you do,the whole "gaga" thingy.lol! I want to know where your inspiration comes from

February 26, 2010 at 8:12 pm | Reply
  13. Hajara Haruna

Lady Gaga i luv u...pls come § tak mi wit u.

February 26, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Reply
  14. Chigozie john-mary nwegboh.

My lady gaga,i luv eve ry thng about u,u are d best,luv u.

February 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Reply
  15. Ken

I love the wey u move and i all so u with all my heart.Thanks

February 26, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Reply
  16. Violet Austin

Lady Gaga. You are Realy Great n your vioce is very very out standing. How do u cop wit Stadom? Exspacialy wit ur way of dressing?

February 26, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Reply
  17. Samuel James Anefu

How is life,being a musician and a celebrity?

February 26, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  18. Ogagarojor Gibson

Lady Gaga, you always talk about your 'creatives' who are they to you. Love your songs

February 26, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Reply
  19. lasiperlatif

hy, my puestion is why they dont come in africa both of them

February 27, 2010 at 1:28 am | Reply
  20. Alexa

Lady Gaga i luv u...pls come § tak mi wit u.

February 27, 2010 at 3:17 am | Reply
  21. hideaki nagano

I think cute.Is celebration cute?

February 27, 2010 at 3:29 am | Reply
  22. Sallek

What moulds, shapes and inspires Gaga?

February 27, 2010 at 4:58 am | Reply
  23. Uzor

Hi Lady Gaga, i would love to see you perform in Africa preferably Nigeria.

February 27, 2010 at 7:05 am | Reply
  24. Hurlaytan

Hi lady GaGa, i luv ur music. U r so imprssn. Were r u gettn d inspiration frm.i wil lke 2 b stay u, if u can rnder ur support.

February 27, 2010 at 7:42 am | Reply
  25. adeyemi niyi

how is life when u are a musician

February 27, 2010 at 8:12 am | Reply
  26. Ikechukwu

Have you ladies ever thought of making a video in african

February 27, 2010 at 9:59 am | Reply
  27. Marc anthony ugo

Miss gaga & cyndi your style is meant for those with sense of maturity,kudos !,sweet angels.

February 27, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Reply
  28. Marc anthony ugo

Hi gaga & cyndi both of you are hearth breakers ,take it easy !!!.

February 27, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  29. Chuby

Hi, you really are the best. Why actually do you fight for gay/lesbian right?

February 28, 2010 at 2:49 am | Reply
  30. Mwangi alex

my questionis,why is africa having less artistes on pop music,do u think atour s gud on the continent futact as a mentor

February 28, 2010 at 8:28 am | Reply
  31. Boinano

Whatup ladies

February 28, 2010 at 9:51 am | Reply
  32. Saki lawson

My lady gagagaga- cious! pls could u confirm or deny d rumours about u nd beyonces videophone video being satanic? thanx. Luv cyndy laupher, time after time! :-D

February 28, 2010 at 9:54 am | Reply
  33. Clarizer

Re u happy as a musician

February 28, 2010 at 10:18 am | Reply
  34. Josh

What an amazing way to educate woman / people about HIV. HIV in Africa is rife and every day many die. How will this campaign reach the woman / people of Africa and the 3rd world to help educate them about the disease?

February 28, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Reply
  35. Grant muecke

Are there any plans for cyndi and ga ga to work together musically?

February 28, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Reply
  36. mel

Will you sing happy birthday to me?

February 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  37. Kyle

With the death of Alexander McQueen and the takeover by Guccia of the line, what are your expectations for the future of the company and its role in your lifestyle?

February 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  38. Kyle

Lady Gaga,
    With the death of Alexander McQueen and the takeover by Gucci of the line, what are your expectations for the future of the company and its role in your lifestyle?

February 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  39. The Grim Keeper

Cyndi...a pop diva who was denied her fitting recognition because of that "material" girl (another blonde, but we DO adore her!) – all due to bad timing – and Lady Gaga (I am not worthy. I am not worthy. I am not worthy. – and, I say that as a marketing man!) Put them all together and we have the Holy Trinity of peroxide vamps! LOVE YOU ALL! Time after time as I recognize that love IS a bad romance. Who said said that God is dead? Go for it girls...because we all know you just want to have fun. I AM YOUR SLAVE!!!

February 28, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  40. Marci

Esteemed lady gaga: My room mate loves you and constantly plays your songs on full volume, and also listens to all your interviews. One thing that got me wondering though is that you say that you want to shock, but at the same time have your audience be able to relate to you. How do you balance these two things?

February 28, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Reply
  41. Eduardo, Venezuela

How do you think the fan-artist/viceversa relationship should be nowadays, for a musician to reach the success you achieved?

February 28, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  42. Eniko

Hey Lady Gaga!
    I've had the best night as straight girl in Castro in SF when they played one of your songs at least every 10 minutes!
    Anyway I wanted to ask how much preparation each of your outfits have to get? They seem (are) so constructed...also, don't you sometimes wish you could just put on a simple black dress and get it over with??
    Much love from Budapest, Hungary - where you should definitely come in the future;) I'd love to show you around!

February 28, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  43. Zackeri F

Im an artist, and wanted to know who creates the art and symbology within your performances, video's, album artwork.

February 28, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Reply
  44. Mike

Gaga u re wonderful.luv u

February 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Reply
  45. Robin

Laday Gaga:

What experience do you have, where did you go to music school, and how did you get a record contract.

Did your father fund you and that is how you got started?

What do you have to say to all the musicians that go out and pay their dues and play gigs for years trying to get a record deal?

February 28, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Reply
  46. Grant

For cyndi, how is the new blues album going and when will it be released? How about a duet with Ga Ga?

February 28, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Reply
  47. Joe

any thoughts on johnny weir compared to you

February 28, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  48. Nir Amrany

If you had the chance to say one last thing to Alexander McQueen, what would it be?

February 28, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  49. XAVIER J.

Hi Lady Gaga people in new york said your were doing cabaret acts on the lower east side,is this a love of yours that you want to evolve into someday ?

March 1, 2010 at 12:04 am | Reply
  50. Leland Sacris

Hi Cynthia and Stefani (those are their real names!!);

Have you ever felt the burden of responsibility on how you influenced a lot of girls of your generation? How do you cope up with that?

Thanks and love your songs!!

March 1, 2010 at 1:29 am | Reply
  51. Daniel Ngantung

Lady Gaga, you are very well-known with your remarkable and unique outfit, that I thing people in this universe would not wear it considering its 'uniqe'-ish. so, what kind of sacrificing you need in wering those outfit? what's inspiring you the most in doing outfit?

March 1, 2010 at 2:09 am | Reply
  52. Chris (from USF)

How many years of singing did it take you to get to a professional level?

Do you write your own songs?

How many hours do you think that you've sat down and just studied songs and how they're made. 1000's or 10000's?

March 1, 2010 at 2:18 am | Reply
  53. Brenda Berenice

Cyndi when did you know you wanted to be involved in the M.A.C campaign?

March 1, 2010 at 4:30 am | Reply
  54. Angel

Hey ladies, are u planning an appearance in Abu Dhabi (UAE) any time soon??? we'd LURRRRRRRRVVVV to have u here :)

March 1, 2010 at 7:46 am | Reply
  55. Raymond Persaud - West London UK

Dear Connect The World Show,

I just wanted to say that I love the show.

I have a question for Cyndi Lauper and Lady Gaga:

When did you both first took an interest in fashion (especially Cyndi being a icon from the 80's) and when did you decide to wear clothes what you liked and not really care about what other people would think. Basically not conforming to what is meant to be the stereo type.

March 1, 2010 at 9:54 am | Reply
  56. christina

HELLOOO!!!my ultimate fave is GAGA!!wanted to come see you in london but couldnt get off work..:(..is there any chance your tour will come to greece??

March 1, 2010 at 10:23 am | Reply
  57. Randy in Calgary

Ladies... firstly thank you for adding entertainment to my life, and probably a billion other people!

Please, could you both address your early talents and your acceptance? As an example, I would think you had PHENOMENAL birthday party performances – or were you back of the room type kids?

March 1, 2010 at 11:03 am | Reply
  58. gaga fan

In a world where we hear bad news everyday,you bring sunshine and hope. Seriously helping the world and bringing people together all around the world through your creativity and your great talents!!

March 1, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  59. CriiGo

I'm very disappointed because Lady Gaga don't say nothing about earthquake in Chile. I live here in Chile and many Chilean Little Monsters are disappointed, very very disappointed.
    Me decepciona mucho que Lady Gaga no se preocupe por el terremoto que hubo en Chile y catastrofes que pasan en los demas paises.Muchos Little Monsters Chilenos estan decepcionados, muy muy decepcionados. D=

March 1, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Reply
  60. Emma-lee

I love your music so much Lady Gaga. I wish you would tour in Londonderry in Northern Ireland

March 1, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  61. Raymond Persaud - West London UK

I forgot to add this to my previous question and very sorry for prolonging my comments:

Well done to Cyndi Lauper and Lady Ga Ga on using their celebrity status to help people with HIV / AIDS by launching Viva Glam lipstick. Well done on raising awareness for the M.A.C. AIDS fund.

March 1, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  62. Jessica parkar

To the both wonderful ladies

You guys are loved all over the world.
    Lady gaga what is the concept behind your outfit?

March 1, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  63. gaga fan

Lady Gaga every morning i turn on your music and it gets my day started right....thank you for helping people with HIV / Aids and helping the people in Haiti also..I feel you are a Good Will Ambassador for America bringing hope and joy and fun to the world.

March 1, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Reply
  64. hideaki nagano

Poker face,i think your heart,What do you think heart?

March 2, 2010 at 5:13 am | Reply
  65. izzo

i really love your personality and fashion sense. where do you get it from?

March 2, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Reply
  66. A.

Lady Gaga, you have a lot of fans in Estonia. Have you ever heard of this country? What do you think of it?

I also heard that you have chronic sadness/depression. Is that true? How does it affect you?

Where do you get ideas for your costumes? What message does your costumes have?

What language would you like to speak fulently?

If you'd get an offer to play in a movie, what movie would it be?

If you could bring one celebrity back from the dead, who would it be and why?

How much in your opinion have you changed when you compare yourself to that girl in a video, singing a song about Hollywood in 2006?

Which BANDS do you like?

Who is your personal style icon?

Did you watch the Olympic Games?

Ok, that's it I guess :) Thanks.

March 2, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Reply
  67. Claudio Basso

Hi Gaga – don't call me Gaga... –
    I am so pleased by everything you do and the way you are capable of creating a bridge between young generations and everyday events, you truly rock. I know you lost your heart eaten by the monster boy. I am an artist and as such I would love the challenge to express what you do in your style with some great images. Take a quick look at my work and if you like drop me an email. I am sure we can concut something amazing.
    Sending you a bucket full of energy, joy, peace and happiness.
    Claudio

March 2, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  68. Sherin Yousri

Hi Lady Gaga and Dame Cindy... my question is simple, what is the one simple thing you would do to make this world a better place ?

March 2, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Reply
  69. Fatou

Hi Lady Gaga,

I love your songs, and most Nigerians love your performance as well. My question is how do you feel always standing out?

March 3, 2010 at 12:15 am | Reply
  70. Maria

Question for Lady Gaga:
    How do you keep up with everything? I saw you play in Scotland and you just blew us all away, You're so active and passionate in everything you do and you have announced that you're adding more dates to your monsterball tour! Where do you get all your energy from?

Thank You, Maria in Edinburgh.

March 3, 2010 at 12:56 am | Reply
  71. Alexandra

To Lady Gaga: I've been to your concerts and I'm so amazed with all the energy in your songs and dances – the whole performance. What do you do after the concerts? I've seen your tour schedule and it's packed with shows arounds the world almost daily. How do you keep up? You do you do it? You are the best!

March 3, 2010 at 9:56 am | Reply
  72. Carl Gustaf von Platen

Hi Lady Gaga and Cyndi,
    Most questions are probably directed to Lady Gaga but this is a question for both of you. What inspired you to make this line of makeup? Is it past experiences or just the urge to help others?
    CG

March 3, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Reply
  73. Yaroglah

Gaga... What inspires Ur fashion/ Style cos to me it more like U are trying to fulfill Ur fantasy than making a fashion statement

March 3, 2010 at 8:36 pm | Reply
  74. Mishima

HIV-AIDS education is a red-herring. Everyone knows everything.Don't shoot drugs...avoid sluts, check your blood supply.This scary pop trash brings nothing to the table.Can you imagine these hags in 30 years...ewwwwwe

March 3, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  75. Angelaway

March 10, 2010 at 11:03 am | Reply
  76. MR.T

Hi Lady Gaga
    I am a big fan of you and in your songs and your clothes from the most wonderful
    you are inspiration for me
    It's my honor to introduce to some of my designs, which was designed just for you
    Accepting me happy ...
    You have my email please contact me ..

October 15, 2010 at 11:45 am | Reply