Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connector: Hrithik Roshan

May 17th, 2010

Born into a Bollywood dynasty, it's perhaps a bit unsurprising that Hrithik Roshan first appeared on film as a child.

Hrithik Roshan is your Connector of the Day.

Hrithik Roshan is your Connector of the Day.

After a short stint as an assistant director on films directed by his father, Roshan began to star in a spate of big banner movies.

Roshan even brought India its first celluloid superhero in the movie "Krrish".

Performances in other movies like "Jodhaa Akbar" won Roshan critical acclaim and numerous accolades at film festivals in India and across the world.

With the eagerly anticipated release of "Kites", his international plaudits look set to increase as the film is about to premiere in the United States and the United Kingdom.

There's even an English version of the movie entitled "Kites: The Remix" which was edited by Hollywood producer, Brett Ratner.

1. George Cheriyan

You and your dad are great copycats. There is nothing original in your work. Is it because you are afraid to take risks? Better go for a time and tested winning formula than something new.
    Your dance steps have been too predictable and stale. Are you planning any changes?
    George Cheriyan
    Bangkok, Thailand

May 17, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Reply
  2. Agnes

Hello Hrithik

My daughter and I have watched a lot of your films and enjoyed them very much. Hence we are so excited when Kites is going to be in the cinema. I have found Indian movies facinating especially the dancing, music and culture. I would like to know about the Indian culture through yourself and your family. Where can I write to you?

Thank you kindly.

Regards
    Agnes

May 17, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  3. rohan bhasme

Hrithik is simply awesome ,i want to see him in cops role.

May 17, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Reply
  4. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Hrithik Roshan (Hindi: ऋतिक रोशन ) and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Hrithik Roshan to the following questions:
    – In what way has the movie Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... (Hindi: कभी ख़ुशी कभी ग़म... translation: Sometimes Happiness, Sometimes Sadness) change your life as an Indian actor?
    – What needs to be done to really connect India and Pakistan just as Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi (Hindi: मोहनदास करमचंद गाँधी, Gujarati: મોહનદાસ કરમચંદ ગાંધી) also known as Mahatma Gandhi (Sanskrit: महात्मा) would wanted it to be?
    – What has triggered you to play Jai in your latest movie called " Kites"?
    – What can we expect from you in 2010?
    – How are you inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Hrithik Roshan’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

May 17, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Reply
  5. Nithin Muraleedharan

Who do you think rules bollywood? Shahrukh Khan or Aamir Khan.

May 17, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Reply
  6. Stephanie

You stared in the first Indian movie I had ever seen, now I can't stop watching them. Why is that Indian films aren't more successful in America? I live in Idaho so I will probably never get a chance to see Kites on the big screen but will have to wait for the DVD – too bad.

May 17, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  7. Nita

Hrithik, I am a huge fan of yours and wonder why Kites did not premier in Toronto which has a HUGE Indian as well as a more international population compared with NYC. Am looking forward to Toronto hosting the IIFA awards next year and hope to see you here then.
    Nita
    Toronto, Canada

May 17, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  8. Jonathan

Hi Hrithik
    Why do you think Bollywood hasn't really caught on in the west? Do you think it ever will?
    If you could cast two Western actors to be in a Bollywood film, who would you choose? One woman and one man.

May 17, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Reply
  9. Azan K.

As we know it you are from a different religion and your wife is muslim. How do you guys manage the both religions at home with yourselves and the kids? And you look awesome dude.

May 17, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  10. Jigesh

Hi Hrithik

Its good that u are on a world tour to promote ur movies, i wanted to know y isn't that u don tour India sometime for Kites and more to the SOuthern region....I think u should try that out....

Thanks and regards bro....
    tc

May 18, 2010 at 10:56 am | Reply
  11. Ashiru u gabasawa

Hi about ur education carriar. Ashiru Kano Nigeria

May 18, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Reply
  12. amit

Hrithik:Please don't take any pakistan-india relation questions,some people here just play politics.

You are the No 1 hero in Bollywood,better then those Khans.

Why you are not doing films frequently not even once a year?

May 18, 2010 at 8:04 pm | Reply
  13. Lu

Hrithik hallo

Been a fan of yours for quite a few years! Some years back could have met you – all I had to do was take three steps! Could not – was frozen. I am in awe where you are concerned! Where your acting is concerned I don't think you have even scratched the surface!! I know you are going to surprise everybody!! Dancing – you are poetry in motion when you move. You changed the journey that I have veen on. Thank you. Hope tobe able to meet you one day when I'm not so much in awe of you.

May 18, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  14. Arianna Torres

I always read daily Busines News from across different online aggregators to keep myself up to date."`;

May 19, 2010 at 4:35 am | Reply
  15. Abhi

I am a big fan of Indian Movies and have watched almost 70% of Hindi movies released since 1970. The problem with Indian Cinema is that it lacks originality(kKriss .... etc). I would prefer to watch movie like 'Well Done Abba" ( by Shyam Benegal) rather than Kites. You have a long way to go. Please do some original work.

May 26, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Reply
  16. Hester Etherington

Some tips i have usually told people today is that while searching for a good on-line electronics retail outlet, there are a few elements that you have to take into consideration. First and foremost, you should make sure to look for a reputable and also reliable retail store that has enjoyed great assessments and rankings from other individuals and business sector advisors. This will ensure you are getting along with a well-known store providing you with good program and assistance to the patrons. Thanks for sharing your opinions on this blog site.

June 13, 2011 at 11:03 am | Reply
  17. Eldridge Blute

I’m impressed, I must say. Actually not often do I encounter a weblog that’s both educative and entertaining, and let me inform you, you have got hit the nail on the head. Your concept is excellent; the issue is something that not sufficient persons are speaking intelligently about. I'm very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something relating to this. Eldridge Blute http://mahlketale.blogspot.com//feeds/posts/default

February 24, 2013 at 1:15 am | Reply