Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connector: Bear Grylls

August 9th, 2010

Action adventurer traveller Edward Michael Grylls is known simply as 'Bear.'

Bear Grylls is your Connector of the Day.

Bear Grylls is your Connector of the Day.

The 36-year-old Brit is best known as the face of his own television series on the Discovery Channel called "Man vs Wild."

Born on the Isle of Wight, Grylls found an early love for the great outdoors and at the age of eight, began learning to rock climb and sail.

After leaving school, Grylls enrolled in the United Kingdom Special Forces to work as a survival expert and medic. Grylls served two duties in North Africa.

In 1996, Grylls was involved in a free fall parachuting accident that caused severe injury to his back.

Two years later, Grylls achieved his childhood goal of being the youngest Briton to ever climb Mount Everest - being just 23 years old.

Since then, Grylls hasn't stopped trying to outdo the number of adventures he is part of.

Since 2000, Grylls has circumnavigated the UK on a jet ski, crossed the North Atlantic in an inflatable boat, paramotored over Angel Falls.

Today, Grylls is out with a new season of his popular adventure show "Man vs Wild."

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by Bear Grylls.

Do you want to know what his favorite adventure has been so far? Does he have a challenge he hasn't met yet? What is one scenario that he think he couldn't survive?

Please leave your questions for Bear below and be sure to tell us where you're writing from.

1. Claudia

Hello!

Can you name three things that you liked about Romania and also another three things that you disliked?
    Which was the most hostile country that you ever had to survive in? What about the most pleasant?

Thank you!

August 9, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  2. Nick G

Love your show and you are an absolute inspiration.

Will you ever do a show Man Vs Man – escape and evasion 🙂

Regardless whatever shows you do, will be watching and supporting!

All the best and keep safe!

August 9, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Reply
  3. Alexis R

Which enviroment (jungles, deserts, oceans, artic, etc) you personally found the most difficult to survive?

Thanks and regards!!

August 9, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Reply
  4. Luis

Dear Bear,

Your experiences are amazing to watch but must wont ever put themselves in positions like the ones you do. Often, however, I travel to either far or awkward places and rely mostly on forethought and planning to make sure everything goes smoothly. Periodically, I wonder what would happen if in a twist of fate my forethought fails and I end up somewhere stranded and have to figure out how to survive long enough to be found. What would you say are your three most important things to keep in mind in order to survive in the wild?

Thanks!

August 9, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  5. Midori

In your journey to survive in unhospitable places and have to eat differents and sometimes disgusting living beings, how many health problems did you have in these adventures (Man Vs Wild)?
    I'm a big fan of your show Man Vs Wild and certainly will be at Man VS Man.
    All luck of the world!

August 9, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Reply
  6. Victoria WAGNER

Hello Bear! When are you landing in central France in the middle of volcano country! God bless you and thank you for your great shows!

August 9, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Reply
  7. Larisa

Hi Bear! I`m a big fan of yours and I I think all the fans around the world would like to know more about your personal life.
    1.Q-I saw an interview with you and said u play the piano,can u tell us about it ?
    2.What`s your favourite food & drink ?

Thanks a lot! Bear,keep on the good work and know that we love you very much! Good luck ,Larisa X

August 9, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Reply
  8. Charlie

At what point will you decide that enough is enough on eating nasty tasting creatures. it's fun to watch, though.

August 9, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Reply
  9. Leo

About the only thing I would NOT do out in the wild is your drinking of blood, straight out of the jugular. I've watched you do this several times, and although great for TV showmanship, this could really be the biggest hazard you are facing.

Viruses that we know of, and others that we do not even have a clue that exist could be now setting up shop in your immune system, liver, heart, or even brain!

Great show though.I am a big fan of Nicholas Hulot, but you beat him hands down!

August 9, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Reply
  10. Dan S.

Bear,
    Love your show, my brother is an avid fan and turned me on to it. Saw the one where you were in Greenland..brrr!.
    Anyway, have you ever considered doing a show with guests? i.e. celebreties, regular folks, colleagues?
    Not exactly Man vs. Wild, more like "Men vs. Wild", but, still – you know, is it in the mix?
    thanks,
    Dan

August 9, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  11. proiciu

is there a creature so slimy that even you won't eat?

*apart from the poisonous ones ofc.

August 9, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Reply
  12. Charles

Bear,

Loved the show you did with Will Ferrell. Was he really able to keep pace with you or did you take it easy on him?

Any other celebrities who have asked to come on an adventure? I can think of a few who i would like to see out there with you.

Keep it up!

August 9, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Reply
  13. Jean Remond

Bear... how do you deal with the survival psicology? Is there something special you can do to train for that?

I do trecking/camping and sometimes I get into nasty situations only to find myself hesitating about desitions, getting desperate and loosing focus.

How you manage that?? Advice? Big Fan... Thanks!!!

August 9, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  14. Nadine

My family and I are big fans of your show.

If I may, I would like to pose two questions: (1) Was there ever a time during the filming of Man vs. Wild when you were truly fearful for your safety/life? (2) What on earth do you do to will yourself to eat the things you eat on the show??

Thank you! Looking forward to the new season!

(Nassau, Bahamas)

August 9, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  15. George

I once saw you on your TV show crossing the swamp area of Chame in Panama. I've been there before and it's the toughest place I've ever
    been. How long did it really take you to get out of there? Did you made
    it out with all sort of cut's and bruises and hundreds of mosquito bites?
    If not...please give me your tip.

Thanks.

George.

August 9, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Reply
  16. Vital

Hello!

Which other actor/actress besides Will Ferrel would you take to some of your adventures??

Take care!

Vital

August 9, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  17. Joseph Penner

After filming one of your episodes, how long does it take you to recover before you are on to your next adventure?

August 9, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Reply
  18. Jennie Nordquest

Hi Bear!
    My question concerns some of the less than desirable "food" you've eaten over the years. Of all the strange and wild things you have eaten, which had the best flavor?

– Curious in Columbus

August 9, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Reply
  19. sarah yeates

i have to say watching your show has given me tips to use as i love the out door- first time i seen your show i bought a pen knife – -trust me there is uses for one of those in ireland while camping lol – –

my question for you is – – is there ever a time when you just think to yourself i have to stop doing what im doing cause it might be the last time i might see my family????

August 9, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Reply
  20. Luis

Dear Bear, I am a huge fan of your program.. I actually took the skydiving course because I wanted to be able to jump on my own out of a moving plane liek you do .. I recently got married and my wife is concerned about the risks of skydiving.. Would you agree that most accidents can be prevented and that most of them might have been originated from ignoring safety issues?... Which has been the jump that you remember the most (in a positive way)?
    Take care
    Luis

August 9, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Reply
  21. Ray

Hi Bear,

Great show. I have my son watch your programme.

What is the best cardio exercise? Running or Biking?

Will you be coming to Australia?

All the best,

Ray

August 9, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Reply
  22. John A

Hi, Bear.

We've seen multiple times that you eat "less desirable" food, but what does your tv-crew eat in the wild?

John, Norway.

August 9, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Reply
  23. Gena

Bear Grylls I your fan watch all your transmissions to me of 16 years I wish to ask where you think that you cannot survive

August 9, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  24. Peter

You often eat nasty, repulsive things on your show. In a real survival situation, is the potential nutritional value of bugs (for example) really so high that it's worth taking the risk of throwing up and thereby losing whatever else you might have managed to eat?

Peter
    Stockholm, Sweden

August 9, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  25. Jerry

Hey Bear, I;m 71 years old and just love to watch your wonderful and interesting show. I remember when I was around your age and was quite tough also.
    I was wondering if you might look at the "Dolly Sods" area, here in West Virginia. At the right time of the year, when it gets foggy, cold, and rainy, it would be a real challenge and maybe make a very good show.
    Thank you and keep up the good work.

August 9, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Reply
  26. John Parker

I'm a regular viewer of M-vs-W and have some questions for you ... I often wonder how much of your show is staged for the audience?

I also wonder about the wisdom of diving into an unknown underground river which you have no idea as to where you will end up?

Could you ever retrace your tracks in a black cave labyrinth should you end up at a dead end unable to continue?

If a wannabe explorer were to emulate your TV exploits, how would you feel if they died as a result of making a bad decision?

On another tack, does your cameraman carry an emergency satellite phone, torch or flares?

JP Downunder

August 9, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  27. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Edward Michael “Bear” Grylls and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Edward Michael Grylls on the following questions:

– What is your opinion on the way David William Donald Cameron, the current Prime Minister of the United Kingdom, is Improving the Health, Safety and Well-being of ALL Paralyzed War(Afghanistan and Pakistan)Soldiers?

– What is your opinion on the way Margaret Chan Fung Fu-Chunis, the Director-General of the World Health Organization, is Improving the Health for ALL Paralyzed People ?

– What is your opinion on the way Human Flesh Cloning and Robot Machinery are Improving the Health for ALL Paralyzed People?

I am awaiting Edward Michael “Bear” Grylls’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

August 9, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  28. Keira

Hello,

I'd like to know his opinion on minors sailing around the world all by themselves. Does he think it's OK to have these kids risk their lives in these types of endeavors?

Thanks much!

Keira
    NY

August 10, 2010 at 12:20 am | Reply
  29. Joey

What are the three things you keep in your pocket everyday on normal days, not when you are shooting your shows?

Big fan by the way, keep up the good work.

Joey

August 10, 2010 at 12:24 am | Reply
  30. Sam

Hello Bear,

I enjoy your work and would love to see more 'SpecOps' oriented stuff!

Just a point of curiosity for me...Are you related to the Australian Federal MP Brendan Grylls?...You share a vague resemblance to him and not to mention the same surname.

Anyway...keep up the good work and as always mate...keep your head down!

Cheers,

Sam

August 10, 2010 at 12:50 am | Reply
  31. Jeff

Hi Bear,
    Love your show but always wondered – how do you go back to eating regular food after ingesting all those “exotic” foods during your travels? Doesn’t it distort your palate? Are there any wild foods that's much tastier than what you get at home?
    Cheers,
    Jeff

August 10, 2010 at 1:04 am | Reply
  32. Kimberly

What kind of adventures do you take your wife and kids on with you? Will you raise your children to know how to survive in the wild or in extreme situations?

My boys, ages 16 and 11, like to watch your shows. They allow us a great dialogue of "what to do" in unsafe circumstances. Thanks for all you do!

August 10, 2010 at 1:31 am | Reply
  33. Dan Horgan

Hi Bear,
    Your shows are always very entertaining, however, you generally 'elect' to kill at least one native animal to be eaten. Do you ever feel as though such deaths are unnecessary and that they actually make a percentage of your viewers very sad?

Sincerely,
    Dan Horgan

August 10, 2010 at 1:42 am | Reply
  34. rene

Hi Bear,

Would love to come on an adventure with you 🙂

I'm your Biggest fan in Australia

It would make my life, if I could come along with ..

cheers

Mr Rene, G

August 10, 2010 at 2:26 am | Reply
  35. Prashan

Dear Bear,
    I and my daughter always watch your program. Can you stop killing large animals for food in the wild. I believe it is a waste as you were simply simulating a life threatening situation.
    Cheers
    Prashan
    Australia

August 10, 2010 at 2:47 am | Reply
  36. survivor

Do you still advocate drinking urine in a survival situation? I was told by several experts that's not a good thing to do. Can you update us on your thoughts? Thanks

August 10, 2010 at 2:47 am | Reply
  37. Von

Hiya Bear,

Love the show – gotta admit – love the half-nudie shots the most, I mean, the amazing skills and aptitude you have are fantastic, but, you know!

As a huge fan of the Scouting movement (grew up in the movement, and then became a leader in my early 20s), I'd love to hear about things you have been doing during your term as Chief Scout.

thanks mate, and keep it up,
    Von
    (Australia)

August 10, 2010 at 2:57 am | Reply
  38. Graham Wolfe

Bear,

You're an inspiration to people who try to go beyond their limits.

Is that your original name or did you change it to fit your lifestyle?

Graham

P.S. Could I get an autographed photo?

August 10, 2010 at 2:58 am | Reply
  39. Bernadette Bularan

Am a Filipino working in Dubai . Just three questions:

1.) Who in each of this category would you most take with you in your adventure and where?
    a.) Politician
    b.) Sportsman
    c.) Religious figure

2.) Are you ever scared of anything and if so, with what?

3.) there have been other programmes pitting man against nature or wildlife, which one do you think could have been your biggest rival on the air?

August 10, 2010 at 3:03 am | Reply
  40. Audri

Bear,
    You give my son courage to believe difficult things are possible. Thank you!

Q1: How many days out of the year are you able to spend with your family?
    Q2: Is there any place you deem too dangerous and therefore would never go?
    Q3: Have you had any injuries or illnesses during an adventure that required you to call it off?
    Q4: How did you come to be involved with Global Angels? What a great organization! I'm proud that you would lend your name and efforts for their causes.

Best wishes to you, Shara, and the kids.
    Audri

August 10, 2010 at 3:20 am | Reply
  41. Clive

Hey Bear! I'm thinking of spoofing you in a short movie "Man v Office" where I single handedly negotiate the day to day hazards of the modern Australian office.
    Need a pair of those pants though with the re-inforced knees, can I get them here in Sydney? Like to to a voice over intro ?
    cheers
    Clive 🙂

August 10, 2010 at 3:21 am | Reply
  42. pearl maybir

Live in Suva Fiji in the South Pacific

Have found your program on Discovery Channel very interesting especially you running commentaries. Look forward to seeing more

August 10, 2010 at 3:24 am | Reply
  43. Keith

Bear – Your show is highly entertaining as a `reality-action adventure.' However, as I'm sure your viewers include many impressionable children and teenagers, do you think it wise to offer `survival tips' that include heading down abandoned mines and rapelling down cliffs with jungle vines? While I'm sure you and your safety crew are experts at what you do, a 13-year old boyscout may mistakingly think that jumping into an old mineshaft is a quick way to get down a mountain. In fact, it's probably one of the most dangerous things a person can do.

So how do you balance – and justify – ratings-grabbing stunts and the responsibilty to teach safe, realistic survival and outdoor skills as chief scout of the UK Scouts?

Many thanks,

Keith

August 10, 2010 at 3:45 am | Reply
  44. Mauricio Escalante

What is it that compels you to achieve everything you've done? Personal Satisfaction?

August 10, 2010 at 4:17 am | Reply
  45. Robert

Bear,

You are an inspiration and the ultimate man.

In my opinion and by our cultural standards you have reached a very high level of success at a relatively young age. Is there an ultimate goal for you at this stage? And are you afraid that you'll wake up one day feeling that you've accomplished all your dreams?

Robert,
    Stockholm

August 10, 2010 at 4:36 am | Reply
  46. Ana

Hi Bear,

You're amazing! Where do you get all your energy? And what do you do when you're not on an adventure?

Ana

August 10, 2010 at 4:37 am | Reply
  47. Sameer

Hi Bear,
    Hello from India, you are a celebrity here! Nothing less than a bollywood star!
    Will love to watch a episode in the Indian jungles

Sameer

August 10, 2010 at 4:41 am | Reply
  48. Hans

Hi Bear,
    Excellent and real practical advise for anyone daring to get off their couch and follow suite, not many who can say they brave the real outdoors other than their local parks....

Two questions though....

1. How does your family handle you taking your life into your own hands and how do you assure them that all will be fine other than basing it on a "been there, done it and survived" attitude....
    2. Would you be interested in joining an expedition leaving South Africa and travelling up into Africa. Might be something different (tamer) but could add a lot of practical non-extreme advise to viewers who have a dream to do the same thing...

Cheers and have a great time in the wild.
    Hans

August 10, 2010 at 5:27 am | Reply
  49. Mallory

Has there ever been a time on the show where you had to be rescued or needed help getting out of a situation?

August 10, 2010 at 5:42 am | Reply
  50. John Stevenson

Dear Mr. Grylls,

I have found your show entertaining but I wonder how true-to-life your show really is. Some may have see the YouTube videos of you in Hawaii (or one of the Pacific Islands) were your exclamation of danger at a crevasse was overplayed because it was found by the YouTuber to be right next to a local highway. How do you respond to reports that after shooting the night scenes on your show that you and the crew stay at hotels only to resume filming as if the hotel stay did not occur?

Also, where do you buy your hiking gear? And what protocols do you follow when choosing a location to film?

August 10, 2010 at 5:52 am | Reply
  51. Brinda

Bear,

Why are you so hot? Could you do more of your shows without the shirt, please, or maybe get into a wrestling match with a grizzly or something?

Could you teach my husband to be that hot?

Thanks,
    Brinda in Belgium

August 10, 2010 at 6:00 am | Reply
  52. Dharmalingam

Love your shows....incredible at it's best. Reeducates us on survival in the wild. What is the most amazing terrain in your experience?

August 10, 2010 at 6:03 am | Reply
  53. Dan Osborne

Question for Bear:

Cool show but I wondered why you often don't wear a hat when in severe cold situations. I was always told we lose a large percentage of hear via our head. What gives?

August 10, 2010 at 6:18 am | Reply
  54. Tessa

We really like your show. What is the worst tasting thing you have ever eaten in the wild? Also, do you ever get scared going down the cliff faces?

August 10, 2010 at 6:30 am | Reply
  55. Dan

We really enjoy you show. I was wondering why you often don't wear a hat when in severe cold situations. I was always told we lose a large percentage of body heat from our heads but you seldom seem to have one. Why is that?

August 10, 2010 at 6:36 am | Reply
  56. Tom

Hi Bear,

Big fan. When are you coming to survive New Zealand? You can can join us pig hunting off camera.

Cheers.

August 10, 2010 at 6:45 am | Reply
  57. Don

Would you shoot an episode with your wife? If so, what challenge would you do with her?

PS:
    -It should be "Man vs Wild" and not "Man vs Wife"!
    -Challenges involving in-laws is out of the question!

I love your show! I saw you guys in Vietnam shooting for an episode.

Don, Philippines

August 10, 2010 at 6:49 am | Reply
  58. Bryan Conner

Hello from Ravensburg, Germany!

Where do you feel the most comfortable, capable, and confident: In a large crowded city like New York or London, or in a remote, lonely and desolate location? And why?

August 10, 2010 at 7:19 am | Reply
  59. Michael

Bear,

I love your show. I watch all the time with my daughter (okay it's mostly just me). I just had two questions:

1) Can you tell us about your exercise regiment that you go through before an episode? Is every episode the same? How would an overweight BG get back into shape?
    2) I'm a giant Bear GRYLLS fan and would love if you could one day do an episode from the Mariana Islands, Micronesia....just a request!

Happy trails.

Mike, Saipan

August 10, 2010 at 7:30 am | Reply
  60. Jim

Hi Bear,

How do you see your show in comparison to Ray Mear's Extreme Survival? Ray latter a lot about the psychological struggles for survival and offers real life tales of hope, courage and accomplishment.

Your show is fast paced and action-filled, but sometimes feels reduced to climbing sheer walls, jumping off high cliffs, and eating live insects.

August 10, 2010 at 7:31 am | Reply
  61. Justin Bradfield

Hi Bear, absolutely love your shows! I'm sure you have come up against some challenging insects, reptiles and mammals in the past, what has been your most dangerous encounter to date, and why?

August 10, 2010 at 7:36 am | Reply
  62. Monico "Moose" Salas

What was the funniest thing that happened off/on camera with Will Ferrel? Thank you from SA, TX!

August 10, 2010 at 7:44 am | Reply
  63. April A. Hall

If you were a true lover of life and adventure, and a good soul, you would have never, ever agreed to harm innocent, unsuspecting creatures created by God, especially in the way you've been doing. How could you? I hope you are never bitten between the eyes, stomped on, or crushed by a rock.

August 10, 2010 at 7:54 am | Reply
  64. Jeffrey Cammack

Have you ever considered throwing your celebrity behind an event to raise money for a cause? What cause would that be for?

August 10, 2010 at 8:14 am | Reply
  65. Francis Joseph

Dear Bear Grills,

You are eatings plenty of insects or weird creatures. I would like to know your stomach condition. Your daredevil and adventurous nature are really appreciate.

Sometimes I find you are very dangerous. Please take care of your health and life.

Wish and pray you all success in your endeavours,

Francis

August 10, 2010 at 8:19 am | Reply
  66. Maria

Hi Bear! I'm a huge fan of your show! We've all seen you eat all these animals and insects, but do you reward yourself with a nice meal after every taping of Man vs. Wild? If so, what's the best after-taping meal you've ever eaten?

Thanks!

August 10, 2010 at 8:24 am | Reply
  67. Zackae

Hey Bear, I'm a big fan of you and your show.

I'd like to ask, what's the most oddly delicious exotic survival food you've eaten in your adventures?

Your loyal Fan,
    zackae

August 10, 2010 at 8:37 am | Reply
  68. Raihaan

Hi Bear

Raihaan here from South Africa.

Do you think you can survive 10 days in South Africa's townships? PLease can you come do a show here, and try and survive to not get robbed here in South Africa.

Thanks

August 10, 2010 at 8:43 am | Reply
  69. Andrew

Hi Bear

Do you still stay in hotels when you've finished filming ?

Thanks

August 10, 2010 at 8:46 am | Reply
  70. Peter Carvapai

Dear Bear,
    You always seem very well prepared for each type of situation that you encounter. Apart from getting some form of input from the locals what else do you do when planing your shows? For instance, do you inspect the terrain from the air, do reconnaissance trips on foot, attend survival courses specially designed for the area that you intend to explore? And in general, how much effort in terms of men hours goes into these activities before you decide to jump out of the aircraft?
    Thanks,
    Peter

August 10, 2010 at 8:59 am | Reply
  71. Josh Gatchalian

Hi Bear!

I'm a big fan of your show! What's the worst that has happened to you after eating all sorts of bugs, drinking from unpure sources, and just taking in whatever you see? Have you ever thought of making an episode here in the Philippines? It would be great since we have all sorts of terrain here. If you do come, do bring me along your adventure! 😀

August 10, 2010 at 9:09 am | Reply
  72. wouter from Neustadt/Germany

Dear Bear,

My question to you: do you ever cross the line, meaning, do you ever do things from which you are not 100% certain that you will come out in one piece, or even alive? Where do you get your courage from?
    By the way, my 2,5 year old son likes your jumps from helicopters. I think we will start calling him Bear in stead of Rambo.
    Good luck and keep making these great documentaries.

Regards from neustadt.

August 10, 2010 at 10:02 am | Reply
  73. dayo

Hello Grylls,
    i love ur show so much because it's entertaining and educating. Above all i love the surviving skills... wishing you all the best in life.... keep up the good work and be careful.

When will you visit Nigeria?

August 10, 2010 at 10:18 am | Reply
  74. Optivion

How would you survive an office job?

August 10, 2010 at 10:55 am | Reply
  75. Diana

Hi,
    My 8 year old son and I love your show, You are an inspiration!
    Just 2 questons:

We are wondering have you ever gotten ill after eatting raw meat, insects, raw blood, etc.?
    Also when you go on vacation with your family is it in the wild or a comfy hotel ?

August 10, 2010 at 11:01 am | Reply
  76. Retha

Hi Bear,
    We watch you’re Man vs. Wild adventures here in SA, I often wonder while you are hanging on for dear life or when eating something well disgusting. Do you ever feel like saying man I wish I was at home with a hamburger now?
    Enjoy and be careful.
    Retha

August 10, 2010 at 11:21 am | Reply
  77. Paul

Bear, if you suddenly decided to become a devout vegetarian do you think you could still survive the predicaments that you're put in on Man vs. Wild?

Paul
    Bangkok, Thailand

August 10, 2010 at 11:24 am | Reply
  78. James

When were you the closest in all your travels to thinking 'that's it, ive had enough' and giving up?

Regards

James

August 10, 2010 at 11:43 am | Reply
  79. Fran

I note that you skin a lot of animals the hard way.

In Morocco when a sheep is killed it is hung from a tree and air is blown through a reed placed under the skin through a small incision made in the back leg, this saves a lot of time have you ever tried that?
    If you want to learn email me I will send you to visit my friends in the Rif. I enjoy the show very much.

August 10, 2010 at 11:45 am | Reply
  80. koen

Hi Bear i've watched almost every episode of man vs wild here in NZ!!

What would be the worst thing you have ever done and where would you like to go to in the future (New Zealand????)

Bye from Auckland

August 10, 2010 at 11:49 am | Reply
  81. Alejandro Chacin

Bear,

What are you afraid of? I mean, What´s your biggest fear?

Thanks a lot! Greetings from Venezuela.

August 10, 2010 at 11:52 am | Reply
  82. Pino

What was the toughest country to live through?
    Which country do you like the most?
    Have you ever been fallowed by an animal like a bear?

August 10, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Reply
  83. Le Quy

Hello Bear,

I am big fan of your shows, from Man vs Wild to Ultimate Survival, my question is:

When and where was your hardest and toughest challenge to survive?

Thanks

Le Quy

London, United kingdom

August 10, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  84. David

Hi Bear,

I wonder if you could provide us with an insight into harnessing one of our most primal emotions and survival mechanisms: fear.

What has been your most fearful experience to date? And how do you go about turning fear into a positive source of energy to overcome life's obstacles?

Thanks for taking the time to connect with fans!

August 10, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Reply
  85. Joy

Hi Bear!
    Your food habits seem to be causing a lot of interest but what I'd like to know is....if you had to appear on any Reality Show, which one would it be?!

Looking forward to seeing a lot more of you out in the wild.

Joy
    Canary Island, Spain

August 10, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
  86. khanssen

Question from Manassas, VA...

What's the most embarrassing survival-related mishap you've had?

August 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Reply
  87. Lasha

question from Georgia Tbilisi

Hi bear a am your fan. I am waiting your new series.

Are you going to travel in Caucasus region and especially in the highest part of Europe in Svaneti the mauntain of Shxara? or somewhere in Georgia because there are many wild places?

August 10, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Reply
  88. Erin

Hi Bear, You've never mentioned it, just curious... Did you have any girlfriends before your wife? First Kiss?

August 10, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Reply
  89. Jason

How involved were you in the making of the MVW video game? When will we get the rest of your survival gear? Your survival knife looks AMAZING!!

August 10, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Reply
  90. Daisy

What is the one thing you most want children to believe/know?

August 10, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Reply
  91. Taylor Landon

Bear –

I'm a huge fan of your show. I just recently discovered them but I'm rapidly catching up! Ever considered taking a fan on the show? I know you've taken celebrities but what about an average joe like myself?

Taylor
    SF, CA

August 10, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Reply
  92. Tarun

Dear Bear,

Have you ever felt an expedition was too hard? Do you think it gets harder for you to do these expeditions and you continue to get older??

August 10, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Reply
  93. Henrique

Hi, i'm Henrique Machado, i'm a great fan of your adventures.
    I do a lot of hikings with my family , and some times i use the techniques i has been learning with your programmes. nothing compared to what you do, I use techniques such as tying knots, climbing, orienteering (finding the north) etc.
    You give me hope to be ...better every days , and you give me hope for the future , because when i get older, i wanna be like you, i wanna do a lot of trips for around the world , and only use techniques of survival for survive .

one of my dreams, it's do a trip with you , in a tropical florest , and do everything you do, I'm 15 years old, and i learned a lot of things with the "mother nature" .

August 10, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  94. Brad

Could Bear survive on the moon without a space suit? 😛 I think he has got a great chance 😀

August 10, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Reply
  95. Tom

Bear, you are without a doubt the greatest person alive. So i wanted to know what that feels like?

August 10, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  96. Tom

Oh and i wanted to know if you actually liked working with Will Farrell

August 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Reply
  97. Candace CT, USA

Hi Bear!

Love your show, and books. Good stuff!
    I have been reading the other questions and some have mentioned it would be cool if you did a man vs. man. I couldn't agree more! Or maybe just a book that covered survival/protection in a pandemic,or other situation where you are left to your own resources to handle a family (adults, children, babies).

God Bless! and may God keep you safe during your adventures.

Cheers!

August 10, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Reply
  98. Liz Kinver

Hi Bear,

You've done Man Vs Wild and now Man Vs Men? How about Man vs Woman? I'm sure there are some women out there who would love to challenge you! If not you then how about the missus?

August 10, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Reply
  99. Yaasiin

Bear your show is indisputably the best I've ever watched and I'm sure many people think so too.
    I think that though Man vs Wild not only have u been able to show survival techniques but also how mesmerizing and beautiful our planet is.
    However what truly inspires you to go to such ends and how would you encourage people who would want to take the same stance as you?

I am a great fan of yours Bear and despite being a nature lover has shown me how much closer we can be to nature!
    Thanks and Good luck for the future!

Yaasiin,
    Mauritius.

August 10, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  100. Jason Chambers

u are amazing i so wana be like you and maby one day i will:)

August 10, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  101. Monica

Love to watch your show. I will turn repeat episodes on and make my family watch; especially if your dining choices are out of the ordinary. Like when you just bite into a snake; I find it amusing to watch my husbands reaction. (he`s scared of snakes)
    Keep on crankin` them out, thanks!

August 10, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Reply
  102. Luke

Hey Bear, firstly i love the show.

Secondly, i'm writing from Australia and i would love to see you do another episode or 2 here surviving our brutal summer climate. perhaps queenslands jungles or victorias dry bush mountains?

Don't know if it was asked before but do you have any books or rookie guides / DVDs for beginners that are inspired by you? i often wonder about setting myself a small challenge, nothing too serious more like get from A to B in 2 days, use some techniques but still play it safe until i build up enough experience.

also if you had guides, what exercises, foods and techniques are the most helpful / beneficial?

August 10, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  103. David, from Ireland

Hey Bear,
    What gave you the inspiration for your up coming NorthWest Passage Expedition? Would explorers like Roald Amundsen inspire you? Also would you think with more severe weather occurring all over the world, be it the flooding events in Pakistan and Europe or the fires in Russia, should we consider survival training more of a necessity in schools?
    Love the show!

August 11, 2010 at 9:00 am | Reply
  104. Bridget

Bear,
    Would you ever think of doing a collaboration with your fellow British adventurers Bruce Perry and Ray Mears?
    What do you think of Ed Stafford amazon walking adventure he completed earlier this August??
    Cheers, Love your work!

August 11, 2010 at 9:14 am | Reply
  105. Aamir..

Hi bear..well,i can comfortably claim to be ur biggest fan..i just love u...
    When r u coming to indian side of kashmir to conquer the mountains here?
    When u decide to come,dont fail to tell me.i would be there to meet u.

August 11, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Reply
  106. BrainChild

Bigup Mr Gryllis,i jst hope u dnt end up dead as the crocodile hunter.. May Allah keep on blessing you n thanks 4 the entertainment..Mad love for you

August 11, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Reply
  107. Joanna

I love your show 🙂 you are amazing.
    greetings from Poland ;D

August 11, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  108. Kurtis M.

Hi Bear!

I was wondering...is there any place left in the world that you havent been and would love to go?

Thanks and keep up the good work!

August 11, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  109. Christian

Hey Bear!

How did you go from adventure-er to big time tv show celebrity? Where was your big break? Give us dreamers a ray of hope!

Christian
    thirtymag.com

August 11, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  110. Ali Chaudhry

Hi Bear

are you ever going to do an episode in Pakistan? Himalayas maybe??

August 11, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Reply
  111. Zmicier, from Belarus

Bear,
    what are the things that give you force in all your adventures? Is it belief in God or may be "sence of nature" or anything else?

August 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Reply
  112. Ryan

What was the first thought in your mind when you reached Everest's peak?

Ryan
    Monterey, CA, USA

August 11, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Reply
  113. Eve

hi bear! i have loved your show for the longest time! and you've inspired me to go skydiving someday! thanks for being an inspiration to the scouts as well as us adults – who remain kids at heart 🙂 am hoping that you get to visit my country, the philippines, someday... maybe swim in the underground river in palawan or hop-skip along the small volcano in tagaytay. my question is – what are your main foods – stuff you absolutely gotta have – to keep so healthy and strong/ mentally alert and active?
    thanks much and looking forward to more adventures from you! – eve

August 11, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  114. Linn

Hey Bear,
    is there any country or place you haven't been to yet for your show that you would like to?
    Love watching your show ( & you're hot! 🙂 )

Linn, Sweden

August 11, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  115. Katrien

Hi Bear,
    I really love your show! It's crazy how you dare to do all that crazy stuff and eat those nasty bugs and things 😀
    But it's really a good thing that you show people how to survive in certain circumstances.
    What is your favorite adventure or the most beautiful adventure you've been on until now?
    And on which adventure did you fear for your life?
    Where would you like to go or where would you like to go for a second time?

Keep on doing what you do and be careful! Greats

August 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  116. Dale

Dear Mr. Bear

What would you say your most funniest adventure(s) have been? North America, South America, Europe, Asia.. Ect.

August 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  117. Evans

When does your new series start ?
    and will it include the fans that you taken with you?

August 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  118. kevin t

What is your drive for all that you do?

August 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  119. Aaliyah

Why you haven't done any season in India?
    Whose your idol, inspiration?

August 11, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  120. Andrew

Bear,

How does your faith play into your everyday life and the different adventures you encounter?

Thanks in Advance!

Andrew

August 11, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  121. Corinne

Hi Bear,
    I love to watch your show Man vs. Wild!! It is educational and entertaining and I enjoy watching you travel the world! Have you had health issues/risks when surviving in the wild, and if so, what has been the most challenging one to overcome? Thank you so much! Good luck with your travels! Keep taking your Juice Plus!!

Corinne, Michigan, USA

August 11, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  122. Candace Aum

Hi Bear! I live in San Antonio, Texas and I'm a huge fan of yours. I'm currently reading your book about your Everest experience and think you are such an admirable person.

I'm curious about your usual exercise routine. Do you exercise when you have some time off from television and traveling? If so, what kind of routine do you follow?

August 11, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  123. Samantha

Hi Bear!

Love you and the show, I was wondering what you miss most about civilization while you're out in the wild (other than your family, which is probably a biggie.) I know when I go camping I miss plumbing a lot but maybe you're more used to that by now.

August 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Reply
  124. Rutger

Bear,
    love the show. What is your wife's and children's reaction to you eating and doing what you do? How often does your wife make you brush you teeth when you come home before see kisses you on the mouth? Keep up the good work and succes on the NorthWest Passage Expedition.

Rutger

August 11, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Reply
  125. Ashley

Do you think you would be able to achieve the crazy feats you have without faith in our life?

August 11, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Reply
  126. Samantha

Okay, I have another question, haha.

I noticed in the Fan Vs. Wild competition, only men were allowed to enter. Ever thought of doing something where us women can join in too? I'd love to rough it in the wild with you, and I know plenty of other women who would too!

August 11, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  127. Ben Smith

Dear Bear,

First off, your name is BEAR! so sweet! Second, HUGE props on climbing mount everest, and even HUGER props on doing that after you broke your back!

Okay, question time –
    (this is kinda big) if there was ever a zombie apoc., how would you survive? and ..could I stick with you? =)

Ever thought about doing a horseback journey across the U.S.? Coast to coast. Just a man, his horse, and his best friend (his knife).

Thanks so much, man. Hope to hear from ya!
    Ben Smith (Las Vegas, NV)

August 11, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  128. Bear Drew

Hey Bear,
    Do you consider going to Australia more often and doing more shows out there?

Would you ever do another man vs wild season but maybe a movie type one with less editing and more you?

My name is Bear also, real name and i have a sister called Lara. serious.

August 11, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  129. Stephanie

Hello! I've always wondered about your television crew and how many of the conditions you go through they also must deal with.

Are they responsible for building their own shelters, too? Whenever you go climbing/swimming/etc, do they receive any additional help or are they trained in survival to near your degree?

Thanks, I can't wait for more shows, Good luck!

August 11, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  130. Brendan

Hey Bear,

I love and appreciate everything you do. You are a real inspiration. Here's my question:

If you could only visit one island for an extended camping trip, where would it be?

I would love it if you would put out a list of adventure trips/locales you recommend in general, that would be a great resource!

Thanks Bear.

August 11, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Reply
  131. Linsey

Bear,
    I live in Colorado but I am originally from england.
    I was wondering what was the scariest and most dangerous situation you've ever been in?
    Thanx
    Linsey

August 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  132. Jeff Barrett

How do you prepare for your expeditions – logistical and for safety? By yourself or within a team you have supporting you?

Where have you learned most of your skills and knowledge (local geography, animals, field skills)?

Is there an expedition you want or have already done with your children and wife?

Thank you!

August 11, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  133. Will Sharber

What is your favorite type of music?

August 11, 2010 at 4:39 pm | Reply
  134. Chris Sharon

Bear I'm a US Marine and love your show for the passion and Fun you display. Thanks
    What are your priorities for survival in any situation? Any chance you would have a course for folks that want to join you for a week long training adventure. I'm in! God Bless and Semper Fi

August 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Reply
  135. Koren

Do you ever get the chance to speak with fan about their survival stories?

I know I would love to tell you mine but for now it will be enough to thank you for your show. It really helped me when my life was in danger and I'm so thankful everyday for watching your show

August 11, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Reply
  136. Andrea

Would you take a normal adult with you on a survival adventure?
    (I would love to)

Is there an adventure you have had where you just stopped and was blown away by nature? The beauty, zen

What is worse, being stuck in the freezing cold or massive heat (like the desert)?

You should write a book, 1001 ways parachute strings can save you

August 11, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Reply
  137. Paul P.

Hello from Minnesota, Bear! My son and I love Man vs Wild and look forward to tonight's premeire. Here is my question – how do you see your career changing/evolving over the next 5-10 years?

All the best!

August 11, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Reply
  138. craig

Hi Bear,

Mega Fan of yours, will you be coming back to Scotland, and have you ever considered a show with contestants having to survive and meet your challenges, I think this would make for great tv, much better than the reality shows we have just now and I for one would like to be top of the list.

Thanks

Craig

August 11, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Reply
  139. Nathan P

Hey, Can you give me a shout out in one of your episodes?

August 11, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Reply
  140. Tara Rodriguez

it seems you are very special..well.then.. A question –
    What do you regret the most?
    i wish you the best in this world for you and your family!

August 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  141. meikalainen

When exactly did you lose your instinct of self preservation 😀

August 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  142. Aralia Elizabeth Houston

I'm from Croatia.
    1. Is there anything you regret in your career so much that you want to go back in time?
    2. Would you climb Mount Everest once again but this time with me?
    3. What scenario is so hard that you are 100% sure you are not able make it? (if there is one)
    4. Meet me...?
    best wishesto you and your family ! 🙂

August 11, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Reply
  143. Anne-Liane

Dear Bear

Two small questions for you:

1. What was the worst on Everest? The physical efforts (including pain and disease) or mental efforts?

2. You just plan another expedition. Estimate, how many are yet to come until your hunger is satisfied for adventure?

Actually I have more questions. But I think they are beyond the scope.

Sincerely Anne-Liane from Berlin

August 11, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Reply
  144. Zeke *

Dear Bear
    I am seven years old and live in South Africa (but I am Australian)
    How many miles up was your highest parachute jump?
    My mum thinks your show is kind of gross, my dad is your biggest fan.
    My sister thinks you are cool – she is 3
    From Zeke

August 11, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Reply
  145. mads (DK)

hey Bear, you are my biggest hero and i love to watch you in action everyday after school. i would just know what car you have ?

take care of you self Bear Grylls.

August 11, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  146. Michael Tanna (Homebush, Australia)

What's something that scares you and have you ever come into a situation where you have had to confront it.

August 11, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Reply
  147. Vishwanath S Bhat

Hi ,

I am one of your biggest admirers. You had a back injury in 1996 and you still climbed summit of everest 2 years later. How sever was injury and did you undergo any surgery? I want to be like you. I am a sports person but recently doctor diagnosed me with slip disk. Can i ever do outdoor adventure activity?

BR,
    Vishwa

August 11, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  148. Bonita Risley

Dear Bear, you've mentioned your children before but, not your wife. More particularly – what on earth does she think of the adventures and challenges you undertake? How does she cope with all of the danger? And your children – what do they think of it all?
    Love your show, love your charity work, keep it up.

August 11, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Reply
  149. Pieter

Hi Bear
    How do you look back at your time with the SAS?
    And what is that what you learned from this time?

Good health to you and your familly

August 11, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Reply
  150. Sebastian Fuentes

Hi Bear!!!!

I just want to know what do you think about Ed Stafford and his walking through the Amazones?? Isnt it amazing??
    Best regards from Spain.

Sebastian

August 11, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  151. Arpad

Hi Bear

You are my idol! I am a starter survivor. Can you give me some gimmicks?

Greetings from Hungary! 🙂

August 11, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  152. Johnny

I am a big fan of your shows, as are my two young sons. You have helped inspire many of our (much tamer) adventures. Could you tell us a bit about the adventures you have with your children?

August 11, 2010 at 6:24 pm | Reply
  153. Anthony DeMaio

Hey Bear!

You've done so many adventures, from the arctic circle to the equator. What environment do you like best? Extreme heat, extreme cold, or neither? Any particular favorite location within this environmental genre?

From Southington, CT, USA

August 11, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Reply
  154. Daniel Groß

Hey Bear, what do you think about visiting Germany for a new episode of men vs. wild? If you want we might drink a coffee at Starbucks in Bremen 🙂

Greets

August 11, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  155. Scrib

Hi Bear, if an end of the world scenario occurred (ie a super flu) and most of the population was wiped out, given the choice (if you were a survivor of course) of surviving in a deserted city or in the wilds, which would you choose ? Both options have thier own risks and advantages.

August 11, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Reply
  156. Ryan Valz

Whats your favorite candy?

August 11, 2010 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  157. Sonia

Hello from Russia!
    Edward, you are amazing. You can be proud of being you. You are my hero ;D
    Here are some question, i hope you won't ignore them 😉
    -Which country do you like best of all?
    -What place would you like to visit?
    -Is there anything what you are afraid of?
    -What are your plans for the future?
    -Do you believe in the "end of the world" in 2012?
    -Do you want to be one of the first colonists on Mars? 🙂
    -Will you dare to try to survive in Moscow with me? This is an invitation.. wit a bit of joke 😉
    Sorry for my primitive English.
    Best wishes and thank you!

August 11, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  158. Lisa

Hello Bear,

Thank you for you great show. We really do love it here in Russia.
    So, here's my question:

How it was there on Everest? Tenzing Norgay wrote that standing on the highest peak of the World everyone thought of things that are most important. What did you think about? (Well if it isn't a secret)

Dreaming of mountains and wishing you all the luck, Lisa 🙂

August 11, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  159. Dimon

Hallo, Bear.

Here in Russia we are watching your adventures too. And waiting for new series much.

Best wishes.

August 11, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  160. Jonny Martin

Hello there Bear.

My awesome question is: What are your top 3 –

Books
    Movies
    Songs

Make it good, if you say something terrible like The Butterfly Effect I may have to quit watching your shows. All the best!

August 11, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Reply
  161. Jonny Martin

Forgot to say i'm from Ireland, best place in the history of the universe (according to scripture)

August 11, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Reply
  162. Daniel C

whats the the most beautiful and exotic place you ever went to?
    whats the worst?
    what was the one situation you ever been in and thought you might not make it out, if any?

August 11, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Reply
  163. Brady

What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?

From Brady in Austalia!

August 11, 2010 at 10:22 pm | Reply
  164. Joan

Hey Bear,

Me, my dad and my 7-old brother love watching Man Vs Wild.
    I just want to know how can you be an optimist during every travel? Sometimes it's so hard but your thoughts are still positive and you're hanging on. Could you tell me how to do that?

greets from Poland

August 11, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Reply
  165. Greg Rackages

Bear,
    I was on a recent camping trip with friends and decided to try and light a fire for the first time with a knife and flint. I used pretty much every technique I've seen you use on the show and it took forever for me to get a flame. How many flints do you think you've gone through since first airing Man Vs. Wild? (At my rate, I think I would have gone through at least 30)

Thank you, and greetings from Walnut Creek, California!

August 11, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  166. Larissa Burkholder

Why did not you cooked catfish, you¨re caught? I think it was somewhere in China. I would do that. Otherwise there is nothing there that I do not already know about Man Vs. Wild, because I saw all series until now! Inconceivably crazy and dangerously sexy. Thank you!

Larissa from Berlin, Germany

August 11, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Reply
  167. Mike

Hey Bear have you ever wanted to be on the big screen?

August 11, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Reply
  168. Cassi Josephine Tualla

Hello Bear!
    My boyfriend and I have been longtime fans of Man vs Wild. In fact we've become more active in the outdoors because of the show. We love having adventures together and especially enjoy sports involving water!

So my question is, would you ever take your wife on one of your survival adventures? And if not a survival trip, what kind of adventures do you both like to embark on together?

Thanks for being a great inspiration and role model,

Cassi and Chase, USA

August 12, 2010 at 12:10 am | Reply
  169. heather from:ohio,U.S.

HI Bear Grylls! I'm Heather and a really big fan of your show. 🙂 Your my favorite thing to watch. I'm just a kid,but I hope you'll answer my questions too.
    Videogames-I saw that there is going to be a Man vs. Wild game...and it isn't for any game console I have.I was wondering if you could do what Sig Hansen did and make a Man vs. WIld DS game. Would you be interested in doing that?Is that already in the works? For your upcoming game...does your character look like you?Is it hard to play? What do you think of the game?How much is it like your show?
    Your SHOW-If you could do another celeb show,who would your top picks be to take with you on the show?

Thanks,(in advance) Bear if you do answer any of my questions here. 🙂 I can't wait to see more new episodes of your show!

August 12, 2010 at 1:27 am | Reply
  170. Mike

Bear, great show tonight! I'm heading to Peru in a few weeks to hike Machu Picchu and I need to get some gear. You always seem to be prepared for any environment be it hot or cold. Have you ever had a challenge there? What would you recommend for jacket/pants for the hike in late August/early September?

August 12, 2010 at 2:11 am | Reply
  171. Diana

Hello Bear!

I'm from Mexico City and well... I just wanna to tell you that you're my hero and I really wish that you come to visit us.
    I love your show, is amazing!!

Well my questions are...
    1.-What are your favorites bands or singers?
    2,.What is your favorite food?
    3.-What is your favorite animal?
    4.-What is your favorite color?
    I'll hope your answer

(Sorry if my english is horrible XD)

Best wishes from Mexico, Diana

August 12, 2010 at 5:38 am | Reply
  172. Jonny

Mr Grylls, I was wondering when you'd show up.

Tell me, what's the greatest lesson you've learned while in the wild?

Love your work,

Jonny

August 12, 2010 at 6:56 am | Reply
  173. Michal

Hi Bear!

Any chance seeing you in MvsW struggling with dangerous and unwelcome but yet breathtaking beautiful and perhaps still the most wild place in Europe – northern Sweden (Sarek National Park)?

I love your show! You are a great inspiration! Thank you for that!

best wishes for you and your family,
    Michal, Gdynia, Poland

August 12, 2010 at 8:41 am | Reply
  174. Carrie Wilkinson

Bear, got any unmarried cousins or brothers that have an unquinchable thirst for exploration like you? I'd be very interested since you're already taken!

August 12, 2010 at 11:18 am | Reply
  175. Kuyan

Hey Bear

Wish i could meet you. but i live in Australia. Here the two questions i wanna ask you. Have you ever wanted to make a children's show ?
    and How long to you think you will keep going with Man vs. wild?

Your Friend
    Kuyan

August 12, 2010 at 11:22 am | Reply
  176. James

Hi, Bear.

I love your TV shows. I'm a 16 year old teenager who isn't a boy who gets into trouble. Anyway, here's my question:

As I am willing to climb everest as soon as possible, what tips or advise would you give me before going up?

Hope to hear from you soon.

James

August 12, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Reply
  177. Madhu Thapa

Hello bear,
    I am big fan of you. Even my son likes you very much. Love to watch your show.
    whatever you do is amazing and the charity works you are doing proves that you are a great human being too.
    Here is some thing i want to ask you that what do you think about my country India? Have you ever been to India?
    Looking forward to your new season. In India we are having your previous season.
    Regards and Cheers. Hope to hear from you .......SOON.

August 12, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  178. Andrew Bowsher

Hey Bear,

Love your shows addicted to it. Im from Wiltshire Devizes not far from you lol!! Do you get involved in any activities around the area? i.e para gliding, climbing or any other hobbies. Would be well up for a survival trip with you if you need me!!

All the best buddy

Andy

August 12, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Reply
  179. Name*Ridge angeline

Hi bear I was wondering what your religious beliefs are and if you haveever came and done a conference at a church please reply thanks

August 12, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Reply
  180. vlad naidenkov

Hi bear!!! I your fan!!! We with you are similar at us much in common!!! Only I live in Russia and you in англии.извини for bad English language!!! But I live you see in Siberia and me 17 years! Be same purposeful and more of good health to remove many more seasons (ultimate survival)!! Your most devoted fan!!!

August 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Reply
  181. Kacper

Hi Bear!!! I'm your the biggest fan and I want to meet you in real and if you may send me some informations where and when I can meet you I will be very glad!!!

August 12, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  182. deepa

Dear Bear

I would like to ask two questions..

1. What is your favorite bible passage or story?

2. I always wanted to do challenging adventures especially climbing...but I always say someday..do you have any advice?
    P.S. Big fan!

August 13, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Reply
  183. Adarsh

Hey Bear,

Will you be doing a show any time soon in India?

And another question, what's your take on a survival situation when cannibalism is the only way to survive? Isn't it very a thin line between eating other living beings and humans? Nevertheless, I like the way you taught me how to adapt to various situations.

Adarsh

Chennai, India

August 13, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  184. Virgo

@BearGrylls

You are the man dude.
    I don't watch much television, and as a consequence don't see that many of your shows. I enjoy it when i do get to watch though.

My Q:
    How does the camera(man) follow you in all these adventures?
    Surely s/he brings food, drink, etc. along??

cheers
    @Virgo_Martin

August 14, 2010 at 2:26 am | Reply
  185. Liz

Have you ever had a near death experience in your adventures other than the one on Mount Everest?

Thanks.

Liz

August 14, 2010 at 2:42 am | Reply
  186. Amazing garbage

Seems to me the "shaky" camera creates an illusion of deceptive heights and distances. I first noticed this on the Sci-Fi channel (syfy) some years ago. It purposes disorients the viewer into thinking there is much more confusion to the situation then what is actually going on. Please explain why your camera man continues to try to pull this crap over intelligent viewers.

August 14, 2010 at 3:35 am | Reply
  187. Ankur Jain

First of all, i would like to wish you a very very HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, because 15 August is the independence day of INDIA.

Secondly i want to ask you, how are you sir? I don't have any question but just want to wish you good luck for your career and charity programmes.

Take Care

August 14, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
  188. Ankur Jain

Sir i have a question, last year on your myspace blog, it was posted that you were coming to INDIA in 2009, but since then, there is no news for your shoot in INDIA.

Aren't you willing to shoot a survival episode in INDIA???

ANKUR JAIN
    NEW DELHI
    INDIA

August 14, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  189. Larissa Burkholder

Hi, all my family likes you and your show very much: my son, my husband and me. We all have black in karate (o.k. me have tae-kwon-do). We like sport nature, be active in any way. We admire you for that what you are and what you do. Where I can read the answers on this questions of yours fans and mine? Sorry my english, but I hope that you understand. LARISSA, BERLIN

August 16, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  190. Nitesh

Dear mr.bear,
    i am your great fan and i regularly watch the shows of man vs wild on discovery channel.I want to know that are you planning to shoot an episiode of man vs wild in India?If yes,then when?

August 29, 2010 at 10:46 am | Reply
  191. NINO[G7.Slix]

Hi, I'm Andrew from Russia. The English finally can not whisking. I use a translator. 🙂 We have a mailbox on your transmission showed. Well, actually, I often watch it. She kayfovaya, you're just a mega man. You krasava, so that you and Respect uvazhuha.

September 17, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Reply
  192. Nikita

Greetings a bear. Why there are no new releases to survive at any cost and worst-case scenario. I hope with you everything is all right.

October 24, 2010 at 9:04 am | Reply
  193. pasha

Bear hi, my name is Pasha, I'm from Nizhny Tagil, I am 14 years old, I do not miss not one of your gear. I am amazed at how you preodalivaesh prirodu.Skazhu in kratse you're a real MUZHIK.I I wanted to ask whether the new series?

November 1, 2010 at 8:44 am | Reply
  194. Daniil

Hi I'm Russian, I watch all your series, I want to travel with you, you better know !!!!! sorry for ignorance)))

November 3, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  195. Daniil

Hi i am my Fan

November 3, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Reply
  196. konstantin

Greetings I from Russia.
    Has looked at all your releases. To much has learned at you!! You the good fellow continue in the same spirit.
    Come to Russia remove something at us!!

November 4, 2010 at 11:35 pm | Reply
  197. Jane

I love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bear....

November 10, 2010 at 7:11 pm | Reply
  198. Lida

Bear you are super ... you are the s top in the world! We have a joke in Ukraine: what would beat if you try vyzhyt we ))))) Come to us! "We are waiting for you

November 12, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  199. Anton

Hi Bear! Bear you the best! Very much I want travel, it is desirable with you)))) Come to the Siberian taiga, is better there in the summer! With impatience I look forward to hearing also you on a visit!

November 12, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  200. Paul

Hi Bear ! I'm your fan from Ukraine...I know English a little, but the only thing that tell...you are the REAL MAN !!! Respect to you from the all countries of the former СССР (USSR)!!! 🙂

November 13, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  201. Kate

Hello Bear. I love you.^_^You crazy,fanny,beautiful star.You the best

November 13, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  202. Kolya Hristoforov

atы was a territory of ukraynы

November 15, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Reply
  203. Kolya Hristoforov

кстати Hello

November 15, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  204. Kolya Hristoforov

Bear is your Connecuor of the day?

November 16, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Reply
  205. Darina

Hi Bear ! I'm your fan from Ukraine! Please see this pictures and leave the comment))) http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6331990199/m/88819183601

November 17, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  206. belorus

hello from Belarus yes yes we are looking your transfer here waiting for new series

January 12, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Reply
  207. Arthur

Hi Bear, I have a question: "How do you feel about Russia?"

March 9, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Reply
  208. Vladimir

Heeey!!! You're amazing man! Real extreme! Greetings from Moldova (try to search us 😉

March 19, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Reply