Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Friday's Connector: Mandy Moore

August 11th, 2010

Mandy Moore is one of America's best known sweethearts and is known for her squeaky clean image and teen pop music.

Mandy Moore is your Connector of the Day.
Mandy Moore is your Connector of the Day.

Moore first rose to fame after touring with boy group "Backstreet Boys" through 1999.

Her first album, "So Real," was released in December of that year and reached a peak of number 31 on the Billboard music charts.

Unfortunately for Moore, she was the latest in a long line of singers which had similar images, including Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson.

Moore's subsequent albums included "I Wanna Be with You" and "Mandy Moore."

While most of them had varying degrees of success, it wasn't until Moore branched out into film that brought her center stage.

In 2002, Moore starred in "A Walk to Remember," which was a huge hit among teenage girls at the cinema.

The singer has also been a hot topic among tabloid magazines after relationships with Wilmer Valderrama, Zach Braff and tennis player Andy Roddick.

1. Ian

Chicago, IL

Mandy, big fan here, do you sometimes get frustrated with the little recognition you get for your brilliant work? Wild Hope and Amanda Leigh were two amazing pop/folk albums that give Rachael Yamagatta and Jonie Mitchelll a run for their money and should have definetely been recognized by Hollywood. By the way, when is the next album coming out? I really cannot wait

August 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Reply
  2. Annie

A Walk to Remember is so special to me– do you stay in touch with actor Shane West by any chance? Curious to know what your favorite movies are and what hobbies you enjoy. What is your idea of a perfect day?

I really can't wait for "Tangled." You are amazing, I will always support you!!

August 11, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Reply
    • Annie

btw, I'm writing from Santa Barbara,CA.

August 11, 2010 at 9:56 pm | Reply
  3. Leo

Mexico City, MX

Hey Mandy, just wanted to know if you had any new projects (music or movies), and what's up with Swinging with the Finkels and Love, Wedding, Marriage, any news about that?

August 12, 2010 at 3:30 am | Reply
  4. Meredith

Chicago, IL

Hi, Mandy,

Any chance of a tour soon? I would really love to see you perform live.

August 12, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  5. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Amanda Leigh "Mandy" Moore and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Mandy Moore on the following questions:
    – What is your opinion on the way your Music Entertainment employer(s) is (are) Helping their Artists to manage their Personal Life with their Music and Entertainment work?
    – What is your opinion on the way Barack Hussein Obama handling the Heroin, Cocaine and Marihuana use in the Dark side of the Music World in the United States of America?
    – What is your opinion on Breast Augmentation, Liposuction and Tummy Tuck under Little Children and Teenage Musicians?
    – What can we expect from you in 2010?
    – How are you inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Mandy Moore’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

August 12, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Reply
  6. Victor

Nashville, TN

I hate to ask such a selfish question, but I simply must. Some have Judy Garland, some have Whitney Houston, some have Madonna, some have Lady Gaga, but I have always thought of you as my personal gay icon. I have heard you come out against Prop 8 in a small interview, but what have you done to support gay rights or what do you plan on doing to support gay rights (assuming you would). How has the gay community impacted you?

August 13, 2010 at 7:23 am | Reply
  7. Turtle

Hi Mandy,

Will you be reprising your role in Entourage ever again and can you confirm the rumours that you will actually play Aquagirl alongside Vinnie Chase's Aquaman in a real production of the film?

August 16, 2010 at 7:56 am | Reply
  8. Turtle

BTW, I'm writing from Broken Hill, Australia

August 16, 2010 at 7:58 am | Reply
  9. Keira

I'd like to ask Mandy, what her thoughts were coming up in the business at a time where Britney, Christina Aguilera & Jessica Simpson were all being put out there for the 'pop' audience? Did you ever think 'I came up at the wrong time' or did you just think you were lucky to be IN the business (which helped you branch out in the end)??

Gracias,

Keira
    NY

August 17, 2010 at 3:13 am | Reply
  10. Joni

Good for Mandy Moore she for young girls out there. I hope Lindsey Lohan learn to like Mandy Moore.

August 24, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Reply