Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Monday's Connector: Robert Plant

September 3rd, 2010

When you think of the seminal artists of the last fifty years, one name more than any other would spring to mind – Robert Plant.

Robert Plant is your Connector of the Day.

Robert Plant is your Connector of the Day.

The Led Zeppelin front man defined the rock music genre with hits like “Stairway to Heaven” and “Whole lotta Love”.

The band split in 1980, but since then Robert went on to have a successful solo career and reunited with Jimmy Page in 1994 for the television special “No Quarter: Jimmy Page and Robert Plant Unledded”.

In 2008, his solo work was rewarded with a Grammy he shared with Alison Krauss for “Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)”.

Do you have any questions for Robert? Do you want to know what rocking out in front of thousands of people feels like? Do you want to know Robert’s favorite song?

Please leave your questions for Robert Plant below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Matthew from Wading River, NY

Robert, why are you so adamantly stubborn when it comes to touring with Led Zeppelin again? Do you realize you're alienating a lot of young fans who grew up after the band broke up? You played for good old England but the rest of the world doesn't deserve one last hurrah? You've been quite selfish when it comes to your solo material taking center stage, something you've done for 30 odd years now. And to be honest it doesn't appeal to a lot of young people.

September 3, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Reply
  2. Justin Mitchell

What was the most memorable concert that he performed and why?

September 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Reply
  3. kevin

I've never seen Led Zeppelin live but have been a fan since i was born practically. I would love to see Jimmy Page and Robert plant just one time before you retire from music forever. You've been an inspiration in the way i've sang for years.So if i never see you in a live concert, thank you for the inspiration and the music Led Zeppelin has given us.

September 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Reply
  4. Jonny Plant

What is your fav led zepplin song?
    do you wish the band was still together?
    what are you working on now?

September 3, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Reply
  5. Safiye

I agree with Matthew from Wading,
    is it really so hard to start a tour with Led Zepplin? We love you guys so much. it is not fair for you to avoid us to watch you on stage together.

still when are you coming to Istanbul again? we missed you already 🙂

September 3, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Reply
  6. John Savage

Matthew from Wading River, NY–watch your mouth, and have a little respect for your elders.

September 3, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  7. Mark Whobrey

Robert,

I can understand not wanting to revisit Zep. What can possibly be offered than a nostalgia trip that you have moved on from. As a fellow musician I can understand that and wish you the best of luck in what ever you decide to pursue.

My question is about vocals. As a vocalist myself I have had my range slip a bit in the last few years (38 years old). I have been told that that voice changes many times on ones life. I am sure this has happened to you as you voice at 18 on Zep one was in the stratasphere for a lot of the album in contrast to PIctures At 11. How did you deal with the transitions and have they had any effect on your decision to follow more earthy music that doesnt need or require such histronics while singing ?

Love your work all phases however the late 80's early 90's recording styles and production really harmed a lot of good music including yours. Fav song of yours is probably BIg Log and Slow Dancer.

September 3, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  8. Terri

Robert, I've been a huge fan since "Dazed and Confused" in 1969! Do you ever plan to visit Key West?

September 3, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Reply
  9. Denis Dufresne

Hello Robert,

I was always subjugated by the almost supernatural power of your voice. I'd like to know what brought you into singing and how you came to rock music?

Denis, Sherbrooke
    Québec, Canada

September 3, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Reply
  10. Simon Ward, Manila, Philippines

Back in the day, did you ever get together with Roger Daltry and joke about how you both fitted the same Adonis-like, blonde curly bombshell niche??? Did you consider yourselves doppelgangers, or was that just me? Thanks! (I'd have loved to see Led Zep do a cover of Won't Get Fooled Again!)

September 3, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  11. Robert R

Will you ever go on tour in America with Jimmy. I would like to have the oppurtunity to see you guys. Your music was awesom when I was growing up in the late 70's early 80's. You guys inspired me.

Peace Out
    Rob

September 3, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Reply
  12. Mark Whobrey

I am from Louisville Ky. Ooops. Comment resubmitted.

Robert,

I can understand not wanting to revisit Zep. What can possibly be offered other than a nostalgia trip that you have moved on from. Without Bonzo it just doesnt feel the same. Jason is good but his father was special with that pocket that NO ONE can replicate. You know what I mean of course. As a fellow musician I can understand that you have been tjhere, done that and wish you the best of luck in what ever you decide to pursue.

My question is about vocals. As a drummer/vocalist I have had my range slip a bit in the last few years (38 years old). I have been told that that voice changes many times in ones life. I am sure this has happened to you as your voice at 18 on Zep one was in the stratussphere for a lot of the album in contrast to PIctures At 11. How did you deal with the transitions and have they had any effect on your decision to follow more earthy music that doesnt need or require such histronics while singing ?

Love your work all phases however the late 80's early 90's recording styles and production really harmed a lot of good music Would love to hear some of your music from that era with warm sounding instrumentation. Fav song of yours is probably BIg Log and Slow Dancer.

Hope life is treating you well. Thanks for all the years of great entertainment and funny stories via your interviews.

September 3, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Reply
  13. Eric da Fish

I admire your integrity in sticking to what you believe in and what interests you. While I would have loved to see Zeppelin in their heyday. I think a new tour would only be warranted if there was a new album of all new material that was deserving of a tour.

My (silly) question is: do you still have the same jeans you wore in Song Remains the Same and could you still fit them?

September 3, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Reply
  14. Eric da Fish

Another question: Have you listened to the famous Mike the Mike bootleg tapes (e.g. Listen to the Eddie)? What is your opinion of them and have any moves been made to get control of them somehow?

September 3, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  15. Rod From Malta Europe

Seeing you in Malta with the strange sensations was the best experience I ever had.Hopefully I will be able to attend to your 2010 tour.Will there be another album like the Mighty Rearranger in the future? Thank you for a lifetime of great music.

September 3, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  16. georgia

how does this new album rank compared to your albums of the past?

September 3, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Reply
  17. Friso Halbertsma

The works of Tolkien figured largely in some of your earlier lyrics. What did you think of the 'Lord of the Rings' film trilogy?

September 3, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Reply
  18. Geoff Johnston

I know you are a huge football fan, what did you think of this year's World Cup? And more importanly, do your Wolves have a better chance of moving up a division than your fans seeing you play again with Jimmy Page and John Paul Jones?

September 3, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Reply
  19. L.H. Victoria, BC, Canada

Thanks for showing us how to do the greatest covers...for acknowledging the world of blues and for the teamwork it takes to keep an entity like Led Zeppelin on top.

Did you ever see yourself as you are now? Smarter, older, wiser and still alive? (I still can't believe who it is i see in the mirror every day!)

September 3, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  20. Greg the Leviathan

I just wonder if anyone has ever noticed your name and the names of your bandmates are famous American Revolution sailors? Is this because of WW2 and your collective parnents really liked America or some other reason?

If Hot Tuna can still make others look bland, so can you and your former bandmates. Maybe you could sing for them.

September 3, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  21. Rob

Thanks for all the years of awesome music man, best wishes

September 3, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Reply
  22. Greg the Leviathan

Have you ever thought of performing with Hank Williams Jr? His father's music with each of your influences would be interesting from a psychadelic point of view not to mention the range of voices.

September 3, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  23. Morad

Robert, Led Zeppelin is arguably the best band that ever existed in my book. Why do you think the music standards have fallen so low that people are content with the junk playing in the radios? why aren't there bands that produce quality well though through music like you guys did? is Music dead? is it all about entertainment now?

September 3, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Reply
  24. Daninfidel

Thanks for all the fantastic music with Led Zeppelin and a long a varied collection of music since. Your music has meant a lot to me over the years. Kudos to you for continuing to try new things and always giving us something to look forward to.

Which leads to the best question I could think of to ask: "What's next for Robert Plant?" Because the answer to that is always interesting.

September 3, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  25. Dave Winningham

Robert,

I really like alot of your solo stuff, but one thing I've always wondered about...when you did "Big Log" off "Principle of Moments", where did that title come from? It just seems to be so random in comparison to the other songs on there!

September 3, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Reply
  26. Peter Elezovic

Why break up such a great band like Led Zeppelin?

September 3, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Reply
  27. Carolyn

Robert will you be my boyfriend? 🙂

September 3, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Reply
  28. Mike Moore

Hi Robert, I hope you are well. Thank you for all the years of enjoyment you have provided me. Did you ever consider working with John Paul Jones in any capasity again? He seems to be able to adapt to any musical style or feel. I can easily imagine him being an asset to your current work. Is it a personal thing? I'm am a huge fan of Led Zeppelin as well as your solo work. When are you coming to the east coast of the U.S.?

September 3, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  29. Will

Mr. Plant, i want to compliment you for your excellent work through out the years of your career especially with your excellent band Led Zeppelin! You are definitely a true artist!

I have some questions for you.

1) Is there any plans for you, Robert Blunt, and Phil Collins to do any new material in the future?

2) Is it true that you had a throat operation back in 1973 or 74?

3) How come Led Zeppelin never appeared at Woodstock '69?

4) How do you feel when people keep asking you about reuniting with Led Zeppelin?

September 3, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Reply
  30. Art

Hi Robert, thanks for still being creative.

My question is will we at any point see a release of an official DVD from your Fate of Nations tour?

Thank you a million.

A

September 3, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  31. Will

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

I have some questions for you.

2) Is it true that you had a throat operation back in 1973 or 74?

3) How come Led Zeppelin never appeared at Woodstock '69?

Atlanta, Georgia, USA

September 3, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  32. Mark

Heres a non zep question. Any chance you and Bobby zimmerman aka Mr Dylan well ever hookup and collb even on just one song , you all good do it for charity even...would be very interesting to see what you'd create lyrically and musically with him since you both have a deep apperication and sense of the roots of it all.

Saw the band of joy Clearwater Gig, nice set, bonus the sound in the hall for your set was a great match to the style you all played even with the disappearing bass early in the your set and most of Bettyes set. cool your secure enough to allow your band mates to have a go at the center stage spot light. and thank you so very much for exposing all of UsTo Bettye LaVette wow what a voice and can that lady can work a house loved the senior moment when she sat and song from the floor, shame the poltics of music and fortune have waited this long to shine favor on her..... Let the music be your master always heed that masters call...ok so I mangled it a bit but still the point is ture.

September 3, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  33. Ava

Robert – when you wrote Wreckless Love, how in the world did you come up with the idea to begin the song with flamenco-sounding guitars, transcending into middle eastern guitars and finally full-out Argentine Tango instrumentation. The first time I heard it, I was in ecstacy. LOVE that song. Maybe some day we can Argentine Tango together?

Also, can you possibly bring Justin Adams and Juldeh to open the Philly and Atlantic City shows?

I just want EVERYTHING. LOVE the BOJ!!!!!
    Can't wait to see you.

September 3, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Reply
  34. Steve

Hey Robert, any chance you guys can have that O2 DVD ready in time for Christmas?

Thanks man!

September 3, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Reply
  35. Ryan

Greetings. I have been a Led Zeppelin fan since I was 12 years old when I pulled out Led Zeppelin 1 from my father's record collection and listened to the album in its entirety. Zeppelin is something so special and I have carried you all with me through out my life. Even though I am a mere 25, watching concert footage from Unearthed and Song Remains the Same really connected me with the times and feel that you brought to so many people. My only comment is that I ask for a tour of the great band to show again the world what music is truly about. I regret not being born earlier to experience the rise and youth of the band. However, if you would tour again you would give a generation something that they have never had before, a live memory of the greatest band of all time. So the question, and song remains the same...to rock, or not too rock? I know Bonzo is watching somewhere, and I'm sure he has already started beating Moby Dick willing you all to tour again. "California sunlight...sweet Calcutta rain...Honolulu star bright...the song remains the same!!!'

September 3, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Reply
  36. cragkeeper

Robert, Robert, Robert..... why in God's name don't you do one little reunion tour as Zeppelin, hit the big cities, and call it a day. Poor Jason wants to do it so badly. Would it take that much out of you for just one tour – a half year? We are already used to the fact that there would have to be at least one opening act, and a setlist that wouldn't go past 90 minutes, so, you don't have to worry about exhaustion.
    Thanks on behalf of people who still like rock music.

September 3, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  37. Robbie

As a veteran of the entertainment industry, what advice would you give to younger musicians pursuing a career in the arts?

Robbie,
    Ft. Worth TX

September 3, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Reply
  38. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Robert Anthony Plant and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Robert Anthony Plant on the following questions:

– What is your opinion on the way the World Health Organization, is Improving the Knowing What You Eat Awareness under Children, especially the ones who are living under poverty line?

– What is your opinion on the way Music Entertainment employers are Helping their Artists to manage their Personal Life with their Music and Entertainment work?

– What can we expect from you in 2010?

I am awaiting Robert Anthony Plant’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

September 3, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  39. Shannon C.

Would he ever consider wrighting a book? Not a personal one, but perhaps his point of view on travel. From one who has been to so many places, I am sure the stories would be fascinating.

September 4, 2010 at 3:27 am | Reply
  40. Halei Daria

Why did it take so very long for you to du et with females??? & I'm GLAD you did...now just come sing with me!! (I'll be with ur buddy Sjoerd/Sjoko in 'Cito) http://mozearteffect.tripod.com

You use to sing in my head over and over when I was 9 years old–trying to sleep at night-couldn't get it out of my head–mom goes 'just change the song"

Halei
    Hip Hoppin Hiker
    santa barbara

September 4, 2010 at 6:24 am | Reply
  41. Stephanie S.

"The band split in 1980."

True. Is it the full story? Nope. The band split because of Bonham's death.

When kids are saying, 'why split the band up' or things to that effect the writer of this posting needs to be a little more detailed exactly why the band split up. Plant didn't say one day 'we're disbanding.' The soul and engine of the band died. No engine = no band.

To my question:

Robert: You've done bluegrass, you've done 80's pop, you've done heavy rock – how about Musicals?

Thanks.

September 4, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Reply
  42. Geoff C

Hi Robert,
    Would you consider writing a book, presenting a radio show or collaborate on a TV documentary with someone such as Andy Kershaw or Julian Cope (!) on a project about traditional English music?
    Thanks for the music and good humour
    Geoff.

September 4, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Reply
  43. Mike Bas

Question for Robert:
    After the 2007 One off reunion I read you drank abottle of vodka and later stated you dont want to do a zep reunion because you need to have relationships with whom your playing with. Do you think you have a problem with alcohol? And what kind of relationship do you have with Allison Krause? Mr Plant your selfishness has hurt a lot of people.

September 5, 2010 at 1:34 am | Reply
  44. Ms. Kaye

Hi, Robert! I think your absolutely fabulous! (zep or solo.) Anyway, my question is was there a song or a particular moment that made you want to become a singer? And back in the day was that all you in those jeans? Or did you stuff it with a sock?

September 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Reply
  45. sue van

Hey Robert, My husband and I are big fans of yours and followed your career and tours since 1983. We never miss a show when you are in town. In fact, we have seen you perform every time you come to the NYC area. We live in New Jersey and see the shows here and NY. Why is it so difficult to get tickets for the Band Of Joy? Prices were outrageous for the bowerey show, $600.-$1,100. per ticket. We love you Robert, but can't afford that. We have taken our kids to your shows and never miss you when you are in town. Hope you do more shows soon, very disappointed in Jersey.

September 5, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  46. Keira

I'd like to ask Mr. Plant, if he had his druthers, what musical act (past/present, ANY music genre) would he like to tour with and why?

Thanks,

Keira
    NY

September 6, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Reply
  47. Sarah

What is your favorite Taliesin poem?

September 6, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Reply
  48. Terri

Hi Robert,

Thank you for all the years of wonderful music, and taking us on a journey with you of the different genre's. I have seen you with, Led Zeppelin, Page and Plant, The strange Sensations, and with Allison Krause. I've enjoyed them all!

So a couple of questions:

1. Will you ever reunite with The Strange Sensations?

2. What do you do with all the gifts you receive from fans?

3. Will the Band of Joy be coming to the U.S?

Thanks again,

Terri
    California

September 7, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  49. Michael Leigh

Hi Robert,
    You have been my musical hero since Led Zep of course, but I have followed your solo career from the very start.
    I used to be a member of Julie Welch's Feathers In The Wind Fan CLub in the 80's. I have always wanted to meet you, but I am not connected to any music industry people or anything like that. How can a regular shlub like me get the chance to meet you, and just say thanks in person for all that you have done?
    I also understand that the 3 of you tried to put Zep back together after the Live Aid Reunion with the late Tony Thompson on drums. What happened to the reunion and did you all ever record anything or was it just rehearsals?
    Thanks Robert!!

September 7, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  50. Zeppland

Dear Mr. Plant,
    I've always wondered what became of your stage clothes and kick ass jewelry from the past? I heard that you are quite a pack rat and would love to get invited to your attic to try on your burgandy shirt from the 77 tour!
    Love to you and yours,
    Patti

September 8, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Reply
  51. CJ

Robert, Love all your music. Can't wait to see what the next twist and turn will be! I married into the western branch of the Plant family some years ago. I'm always teasing my husband that you must be distant cousins because you share some facial mannerisms. However this would be the sealer for me; when you sneeze, is it once or multiple times? A personal reply would be acceptable, if you don't want to share this information! Thanks Robert

September 8, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Reply
  52. zosorus

Dear Mr. Plant,
    I've seen you probably a dozen times. With Jimmy and Solo. Strange Sensation was a phenomenal band and your joy just gushed through. Throughout the years with the diversity you and your family have been through I want to know where you dig deep to keep such a joyful persona. You are all about the joy. Not the money, not the fanfare, not the awards, just the joy. Band of Joy is so appropriate. Let me know because I want some of that. Will see you soon.
    Thanks and all the best to you and yours.
    Bonnie

September 8, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  53. zosorus

Mr. Plant, One more thing. Would love to see you pay tribute to Fats Domino in Cleveland in November. He is being honored with the American Music Masters Award in conjunction with the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Case Western Reserve. We saw you at the Lead Belly Tribute. Is that the first time you met Allison Krause? That was a good time.
    Hope to see you there.
    Bonnie

September 8, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Reply
  54. Philipe Godsell

Hi Robert,

You're always listening to new music. What's caught your ear of late?

Philipe Godsell

September 9, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  55. Holly Hope

Robert –
    I admire your ability to transform your musical personality and provide beautiful tunes in all genres. It has brought a variety of types to many people who would not normally give certain music a chance. That makes you an educator as well!
    I am aware of your interest in the musical heritage of the Delta region of Arkansas and wonder if you have any thoughts on boosting tourism to this impoverished and largely tourist-ignored area? The National Park Service has started a pilot program of the Rural Heritage Initiative in the state and the director has been tireless in her efforts to bring attention to the Delta, but it is an uphill battle. The Helena Blues Festival helps but once it's over, it's over. Do you have any suggestions – the Department of Arkansas Heritage would welcome them.

Thanks.

September 10, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  56. Karen

When are you coming back to Denver?
    hehehe
    How about when are you going to do the LED ZEPPELIN reunion U.S.A.?
    :o)
    I'll wait / but not too much longer / but i understand you gotta lotta good other music in those bones too so keep up the good work!!!

New c.d. like all your music is timeless!!!
    :o)

September 11, 2010 at 5:49 am | Reply
  57. Jason Borden

Hello Mr. Plant,

How do you go about coming up with the type music (making an album) amongst all the different type music that is in the world?

Will the Band of Joy be coming to North Carolina? If Band of Joy does, I hope it is at the Asheville Civic Center.

September 11, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  58. Paul Borra

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE MUSICAL PLEASURE (OLD AND NEW) YOU HAVE GIVEN MY LIFE.

September 13, 2010 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  59. Margaret

Hello Robert,

When I saw you on the Grammy's with Alison Krauss I was impressed. So impressed that the next day I went and bought the CD. Raising Sand is one of my all time favorites. I am soo glad that you recorded that CD with Alison. I was never a Led Zepplin fan. The only song that I drew to was Hot Dog. I am so happy that you venutred out to other areas of music. I really do enjoy your stage persona....you do have a talent for it. Do you plan on making music with other artist? Anymore work with Alison?

Margaret

September 13, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Reply
  60. Erik Miner

So everyone has asked, and I'll just add:

Why not a Zeppelin tour???

There are a few MILLION people that have always wanted to see Zep live that never got the chance, come on help us out.

There isn't a band (except the Beatles) that I would camp out to get tickets for, except for Zeppelin!

September 13, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Reply
  61. Elishua Reed

Good Day Robert, howzit going? very well i believe.
    well what can i say but a whole lot of thanks for the whole lot of great music that Led Zepplin gave us!!!!....
    i my self am a Professional Guitarist/Singer from Motown Mich .i grew up right down the road from Stevey Wonder,however i did'nt learn to play Guitar until 1970 when a friend of mine name Rodny said hey Richie i want you to come over and check out this music, its something different from the norm,as we being Afro-American, were more in tuned to listenig to R&B, not withstanding Rock & Roll was already a happening thing.
    well when i arrived at Rodny's place, he told me to come on down stairs. as i descened into the red glowing room i could small something nice,after having a few puffs, Rodny then put on Foxy Lady by Jimi Hendrix i said wow! what da??? is this guy playing? he then put on Heart Breaker. wow! i said again what da??? is this music? thus i desided right then & there i was going to play Guitar/Sing like that.
    Zepllin Music and the Jimi Hendrix Experinece are my formost Musical influience!
    Robert just wanted you to know how much you've ment to me musicly
    as well as the rest of Zep, you guys are simppy awsome! i play any style of music from A-Z and alway include a whole lotta Zep in my cover tune Bands.
    Robert one question i have to ask. how much influience did Tina Turner have on your Voice and style of singing? i know you liked Elvis, however when i hear you i also hear i little Tina!.. boy she is another great Artist who's had a great impact on a many of great rocker's like Steve Marriot of Humble Pie big time.
    well Robert may you keep on rollen along from the grace of the LORD above,thus the song remains the same.
    always your fan
    Elishua/Richie

September 13, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Reply
  62. Elishua Reed

Hope to one day see you in concert befor i die, not that im planing on dying soon.dahaha... however i will be returning to the USA sometimes next year.
    i forgot to say where i am writing from,which is from Pago Pago American Samoa/South Pacific
    many thanks Robert.
    best regards to the rest of the Mighty Zep
    Elishua.

September 13, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  63. Mirta

Mr.Plant, Please! come to Buenos Aires Argentina.

September 13, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Reply
  64. Frank

I still love L.Z. music ...just not as loud, and my kids love it also.
    Imagine some new material for the next generation, You guys can do it.

September 14, 2010 at 12:48 am | Reply
  65. Goldberry D. Bombadil

Hi Robert "Percival" Plant! I do have a few questions for you and can only pray that they will post them in hopes you will at least read them.

Question # 1: Would you ever consider attending a Native American Sweat Lodge ritual? I do and I find they are the most cleansing/purifying/healing rituals I have been to so far.

Question # 2: I am also into many Eastern beliefs, and am wondering if you have met your personal "Rama" yet? That is if you even believe there is a "Rama" incarnate on this planet for you at this time. Quite unfortunately, I DO finally believe there is a Krishna or a Rama for each of us. I simply haven't met my Krishna yet. ; )

Question # 3: If you could choose only 1 character in the Lord of the Rings to be, which one would it be? I know whom I would choose and am extremely disappointed that they left her out of the films! I would definitely choose to be Goldberry Bombadil, as she was unaffected by the power of the ring. Now if only my Tom would come and "capture" me.

And finally, Question # 4: Have you ever considered putting out a book of poetry? You are a great writer, as one can see in "Ship of Fools", and I'm quite positive there is a great poet in you as well.

May you and yours always be blessed.

October 7, 2010 at 5:43 am | Reply
  66. Goldberry D. Bombadil

PS: I just read that I was supposed to include where I am at in the world, so I am adding that I live in Tacoma, WA, and am a friend of one of your friends, Jerry Miller. Believe it or not, he still plays out, and I go to his gigs whenever possible. He can sure play the h*ll out of the blues! I am now realizing that when it comes to musicians, the DO get better with age, LOL!

October 7, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Reply