Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Thursday's Connector: Elizabeth Hurley

September 28th, 2010

Elizabeth Hurley is recognized for being a model, actress, television presenter, fashion designer and now even an organic farmer.

Elizabeth Hurley is your Connector of the Day

Elizabeth Hurley is your Connector of the Day

Well known for her role in films such as "Austin Powers," today, Hurley seems to be turning the majority of her attention to being a fashion designer and farmer.

She launched her successful fashion-orientated signature line of beachwear in 2005.

Taking on the role of designer and businesswoman, she chose the position as it allowed her to juggle the competing interests of business and parenting – a task she was not prepared to let fall by the wayside in the name of commerce.

Residing on a 400-acre organic farm in Gloucestershire, England, she's heavily committed to a sustainable way of life, and with her family, rears pigs, sheep and cattle for sale at their local market.

As the face of Estee Lauder she has also been a strong advocate in their Breast Cancer awareness program. This week she is New York to help get the message across.

She's also a renown presence on the social scene in England and across the Atlantic, and has been belittled and criticised for being just that.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by Elizabeth Hurley.

Please leave your questions below and be sure to include where you're writing from. You can also tweet CNN anchor Becky Anderson your questions @beckyCNN.

1. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Elizabeth Jane Hurley and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Elizabeth Jane Hurley on the following questions:

– What is your opinion on Lady ga-GA’s Meat dress, which she wore on the recent The MTV Video Music Awards?

– How will you Improve organic farming worldwide?

– What can we expect from you in 2010?

I am awaiting Elizabeth Jane Hurley’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

September 28, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  2. Tom McDonnell

Hello Elizabeth,

What made you get into Organic farming?

Tom McDonnell
    Pennsylvania
    USA

September 28, 2010 at 10:41 pm | Reply
  3. Dr G

Dear Elizabeth Hurley,

I have been a big fan for years. Can we expect new movies from you in the near future? And my second question would be: have you read "Eating Animals", and what is your opinion?

Dr G
    Germany

September 29, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Reply
  4. Rainder Goyal

Hello Liz!

How is your marriage to a fellow Indian coming along? Are you enjoying your life to him? If so, how have you found your marriage to him? Is it fulfilling and better than you expected? Your views on this topic would be welcome.

September 29, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Reply
  5. Martin B.

¿would you marry me?

September 29, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Reply
  6. Edith Acosta

Hello Elizabeth –

Why are you being criticized for your presence on the social scene in
    England, etc. I can't imagine why you would be – I sit you in the same
    class as Sandra Bulloch, a lady who acts like a lady.

I wish to congratulate you on your lifestyle – I'm sure you derive
    a lot of happiness from it and you deserve it.

Edith Acosta
    Guaynabo, Puerto Rico

September 29, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  7. David Brown

Fond, lengthy and sincere greetings 'Liz...

did you know that you are one day older than me?

Lemmi know if you need a chauffeur, chef or just some company next time you are in Blighty ❤

September 29, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  8. Joe Cimino

Hi Liz,

September 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Reply
  9. Joe Cimino

Hi Liz,
    I have adored you for decades. I'm 50 (2days ago but look 40)
    I teach about money and I have an organic garden.
    My question is would you ever like to visit the big game parks in South africa? I would love to be your host and then make you dinner (won 2 awards) and have a nice evening watching mel Miller S.A's top comedian.
    If ever you are in the neighboorhood let me know.
    Joe

September 29, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  10. Andrew

Hi Liz

My Question is:

When will you give your life over to Jesus Christ – you have a major influence on all peoples with your Beauty and Fame – announce to the world that your life is in Christs hands and save your soul and influence millions.

Or have you been fooled by all the quibbling fools that surround you by telling you how great you are, and have you been sucked into the new age movement that announces that all roads lead to heaven?

If the latter is true, the least you could do is check that you are on the right road and ask Jesus for His omnipotent advice.

Jesus is the way the truth and the life – no one comes to the Father but through Him.

September 29, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  11. Aliyu Yahya

My Question is Hey Liz what's Your motivation? Have u ever trying championing campaign on children and or plannet? Thank u

September 29, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  12. Agu Rich

Hi Elizabeth, I would like u answer this question.
    -What are your plans on improving organic farming, and where do u want to start.
    Greetings.
    -Agu Rich
    Home Town-Abuja
    Country-Nigeria

September 29, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Reply
  13. Aliyu Yahya

Let me rephrase my question.. Hey Liz! What's ur motivation? And heve u ever try championing any campaign agaist child abuse or the plannet? Aliyu yahya Abuja Nigeria

September 29, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Reply
  14. Lea

Hi!

It says here that comments are viewed and then posted based on appropriateness...so why is Andrew preaching to Liz Hurley?

Liz...I'm a UCLA student...4th year but would rather model, act, write...how did you start? Did you enjoy it? I also think the kind of success you and others like yourself have achieved...allows you to be a role model for important things...such as a self-sustained lifestyle and many others. Do you think you will stand up and be an activist for certain issues? If so, which ones? I would love to be successful and known enough to reach out and give back.

September 29, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  15. Dan Bertrand

I would like to ask Elizabeth if she uses solar/wind/water or is planning to ....

Cheers,

Dan

September 29, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  16. Mike

Hey Liz,
    You are a gorgeous woman and i love you, please let me know when you get divorced next time.

September 29, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Reply
  17. Michael LeClair

Hello Liz:

I have traveled a good deal in Europe and my question is....why do you live where you do...when you can live anywhere you wish?

Thanks!

Mike
    US resident currently traveling in Sweden...and soon to be in the UK visiting my son.

September 29, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  18. shehu

i'll say: she's d best & i'll love for us 2 go out for launch.

September 29, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Reply
  19. ihls

Being married to an Indian, i think you got the right connection. You both make a wonderful couple!

September 29, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  20. Carafino

I would ask her if she enjoys anal sex and if Hugh gave it to her good that she regrets leaving him. Moreover, who is giving it to her now?

September 29, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Reply
  21. Bryan Harris

I knew a Liz in primary school. She was cute, with freckles and brown hair. She had brown eyes and her nose would crinkle up when she laughed.......

Oh right, sorry I drifted a bit.

What was your favourite role? And were there any roles you regretted playing?

September 29, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  22. Robert

I was just wondering when/if you will be acting again. My favorite movie was when you were trying to beat your husband to the divorce lawyer first. I loved you in the comedic role. You could give the current romantic comediens a run for the money. Miss you.:>( :>)

September 29, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Reply
  23. Alex

Did you date a Pakistani?

September 29, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Reply
  24. Mike

Liz my darling,
    I can't stop loving you and i'll always do

September 29, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  25. Debbie

I recently read an article in our local paper where Hugh Grant is questioning whether or not he'll ever find happiness. In that article, he commented on how close you two still remain. Is that true? Liz, you are terrific, especially in Austin Powers!!!! Sparkling wishes to you and yours.

September 29, 2010 at 6:00 pm | Reply
  26. Alex

Hello Liz,

I've always been utterly infatuated by you. Your hair, smile, and eyes make you, in my opinion, one of the top ten most beautiful women I've ever had the pleasure to lay my eyes on.

Are you single ? 😉

If so, please write me back. If not, wish you the best !

Born in Brazil, raised in the US, and writing from France

September 29, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  27. Mobin

Hello. I am from India and I want to know "what is the best thing that you like of India?"

September 29, 2010 at 6:54 pm | Reply
  28. Millinda Afriyie Dennis

I love their hair their music and dance
    from Ghana.

September 29, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Reply
  29. Millinda Afriyie Dennis

I am an educationist, a singer, fun of fashion yet to design my own clothes. Please how can I be a connector like Elizabeth Hurley?

September 29, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Reply
  30. Mansoor Daudpota

Hi there
    my name is mansoor daudpota

what you thing about it that if we spend some amount on poor's that who can not afford their school fees and about them who does not have schools their villages and provide them medicines and some stuff that they need.

thanks for pay me attention
    God Bless you

September 29, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  31. Duncan Kawuma

Hi Eliz, hop ur gr8t! Am a big fun of ur designs, & am a young Ugandan studying fashion designing. My qtn is, wat made u get interest in fashion & give me 5 key roles of hw 2 acquire success in the fashion industry....

September 30, 2010 at 6:06 am | Reply
  32. Anom Wiafe

Hi Lizy am so happy about your achievment keep it up.And please i want you to be my penpal.Thank you and God bless you.

September 30, 2010 at 8:28 am | Reply
  33. Raphael

Have you quit smoking?

September 30, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Reply
  34. Jeremy Andressen

Are you related to Reg Hurley?

September 30, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Reply
  35. Anirudha

Hi Elizabeth,
    what do you love most...
    The Sun, The Moon or the Stars..?

September 30, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Reply
  36. Claudia Vanousova

Dear Elizabeth,
    When did your interest of organic farm/food start?
    I think you are one of the most beautiful women in the artistic scenario, do you think eating organic has helped keeping you as healthy as good looking?
    Best wishes, Claudia Czech Rep.

September 30, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Reply
  37. Matt

Did you laugh as loudly as I did at Andrew's comments/questions above?

September 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  38. CF

My question would be:
    Why didn't you pay for your wedding in England when you promised the church officials you would make a monetary donation of 1000 pounds? If you can afford a 2 million pound wedding...

September 30, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  39. DOUG

will you marry me?

September 30, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Reply
  40. Lucy Stephens

would you say this campaign has been the most fulfilling moment of your career thus far?

September 30, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Reply
  41. Greg

Is it just me or do breast cancer rates seem to be decreasing rapidly around the world? I feel like we don’t hear about nearly as many widespread cases as we did before? Is this because of better treatments or better prevention?

September 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Reply
  42. Alex Buds

"Residing on a 400-acre organic farm in Gloucestershire, England, she's heavily committed to a sustainable way of life"

Sure... that's really sustainable now... let's all just get 400 acres of land each to support ourselves.

September 30, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Reply
  43. aatami

Smart, forward thinking, talented, beautiful. Will you marry me?

September 30, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Reply
  44. Nada Belejova

Liz allow me to say hello to you
    from Prague, Czech Republic.

I´ve always felt a great affection to you ... esp. since you became the public face for well known and my favorite cosmetic brand Estee Lauder. I think you´ve been unique in this special role ever after.

Being honest I´d like to take this advantage and to learn something about you.
    What would you like people imagine in connection with you in the future primarily ... when they think back on your work and than also remember you Liz – human being. / ... being recognized as successfull actress, model representing a brand, ... or it is all about a personality ?! /

Thanks for your response. Naďa