Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Future Connector: Jesse McCartney

October 17th, 2010

Singer, songwriter, actor and teen heartthrob - all titles that twenty-three year old Jesse McCartney is happy to have.

Jesse McCartney is your Connector of the Day.
Jesse McCartney is your Connector of the Day.

Born in New York in 1987, McCartney first rose to fame in the U.S. as a singer for the boy band "Dream Street." The band was extremely popular among young teenage fans and their debut album was certified gold and peaked at number one on the Billboard's Independent Albums chart.

Unfortunately for the band though, the group split up because of legal battles between the parents of the singers and management.

Despite this, Jesse McCartney soldiered on and recorded a solo album called "Beautiful Soul" in 2004.

The album was a massive hit and was quickly certified platinum.

At the 2005 Teen Choice Awards, McCartney came up a big winner and won multiple awards including choice male act and breakthrough artist of the year.

McCartney's second album was called "Right Where You Want Me" and was generally seen as being a more mature collection of songs than his first.

In addition to his musical career, McCartney has also branched out into acting and held a regular role on the U.S. television drama "Summerland."

He also had a recurring role on the show "Greek."

Today, McCartney is working on his fourth album which is due out for release later this month.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by Jesse McCartney. Please leave your questions below and be sure to tell us where you're writing from.

You can also leave your comments on our brand new Facebook fan page - just visit www.facebook.com/CNNconnect .

1. Lori (JMacRocks04) From Twitter

Who are Your Musical Influences?
    Do You Take Anything Special With You On Tour?

October 17, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  2. Hossam (Egypt)

Hay jesse,

Which artists did you collaborate with on the new album !?

I think you mentioned working with TYGA on the record for a song called " I don't normally do this" 🙂 sure gonna check that

one more thing, when are you gonna follow your fans back on twitter ?!?? @JMacTeam 🙂

October 17, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Reply
  3. Danya

Jesse can u please say my name! my question is can jesse come to England for a tour?

October 17, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Reply
  4. sam_norris2010

Are you going to be going on tour with your new album?
    Who is the person that influences you the most, and who inspires you?
    What is your favorite song that you've ever done?

So proud of you Jesse 🙂

October 17, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  5. rana

hey jesse 🙂
    i just wanna know if u can come 2 egypt sherry told me before that maybe u'll but i wanna from u lol and i wanna get alil hey from u 😀 on twitter her or anythin just hey 🙂 ❤ keep it up and SHAKE is freakin awesome 😀

October 17, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  6. rana

and yeah dun u must let us know the album title or just say hey 2 me lol 🙂

October 17, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  7. rana

and plz follow us on twitter 🙂 and tweet more i know i wrote 3 comments and that's alot but hello it's jesse mccartney ppl 🙂
    @roro_heartjmcc

October 17, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Reply
  8. theodore williams

Jesse i am your biggest uk fan but all i want to know is that when you will ever have the chance to do a european tour or just a tour in the uk?

October 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  9. Allison (Philadelphia)

1. What is your favorite city to travel to, or tour stop?
    2. Is there anything that you NEED to have with you out on the road
    3. If you could change places with anyone in the world for one day, who would it be?
    4. If you had one day off to do whatever you wanted, what would you want to do?
    5. Any plans to tour in 2011 after the cd release?
    6. How do you stay so grounded? After all of the hits and success it is amazing that you are so sweet and so down to earth.
    7.If you could change one thing about yourself what would you change?
    8. What is one cause, or charity that you are really dedicated to or that you would like to help out more?

October 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  10. DanielaDeca

Hey jesse just say hi to me ? Daniela Deca Please!
    so i have a question *apart from italy what is ur favourite place? thanks you!

October 17, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  11. DanielaDeca

hi my name is daniela deca and i from italy! from milano and i bigghest fans so just says hi to the video?? Please thanks you!
    i have a question apart from italy what is ur favourite country? much love from italy

October 17, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Reply
  12. pam (Cheerbabygirl13)

Where do all ur ideas and inspirations come from when writing a new song?

October 17, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Reply
  13. Miriam

Hi jesse.
    I just wanted to ask u to describe ur new album. what influenced you in the songwriting (for the album)?
    Last i'd like to ask if u are making plans about a tour (maybe in Europe ^_^)
    You rock man.
    Ciao from italy.

October 17, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Reply
  14. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney on the following questions:

– Why do you want to the voice of Huxley in your upcoming film “The Clockwork Girl” and the voice of Terrence in your upcoming film “Tinker Bell and the Mysterious Winter Woods” ?

– How do you Improve the careers of young actors who are working worldwide?

– What can we expect from you in 2010 and 2011?

I am awaiting Jesse Abraham Arthur McCartney’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

October 17, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Reply
  15. Aidyn (From Venezuela)

Hey Jesse How are you?
    Questions for Jesse:
    – When your new album come out its in your plans make a world tour or an South American tour?
    -Hey Jesse could u say HI to AIDYN from Venezuela (South America) Love you

October 17, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Reply
  16. Hannah

1. Will you ever consider film writing?
    2. Do you still play saxophone?
    3. Is there gonna be another single before the album drops?
    4. All work aside, where do you prefer to live, LA or NY?
    5. How do you feel when you hear or see comments from your fans that they miss the old Jesse, you know with sweet songs and blonde hair?

– Hannah from Philippines 🙂
    p.s. Give a shout out to your Filipino fans!

October 17, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Reply
  17. Kimberly

From Boston

1) What is the best gift a fan could give you?
    2) Who's new music have you been listening to lately?
    3) Why did you name your new album what you did?
    4) Do you see yourself ever getting married, having kids, and a family?
    5) Where do you hope your career takes you?
    6) What is a goal you are currently working towards? In your career, or private life?
    7) Is there something thats happening in the world that is bothering you that you'd like to change? i.e. Don't ask, Don't tell?

October 18, 2010 at 12:11 am | Reply
  18. Ashleigh

MY QUESTIONS:
    What TV show would he like to appear on?
    What is his favorite dish to cook?

Thanks!
    -Ashleigh from California

October 18, 2010 at 1:41 am | Reply
  19. Crystal

I'm from Cali! hey Jesse! what kinfd of Lexus do u have? what's ur favorite kind of meat to eat? what's ur favorite brand of shoes?

October 18, 2010 at 1:51 am | Reply
  20. Anna

What would you think if a fan ever did a 'tribute/concert' in your honnor where they played all your songs on piano for you?

October 18, 2010 at 1:53 am | Reply
  21. Kayla

Hey Jesse! Kayla here. My question is..

What album of yours is tour favorite?

What song do you love to perform? old or new?

What state would you love to visit again?

Favorite thing to do on your days off?

Since its October, are you into haunted houses?

October 18, 2010 at 1:53 am | Reply
  22. Kristina

Hi Jesse (:

My question is are you happy with your life? What do you love most about
    being famous?

Kristina from Pennsylvania

October 18, 2010 at 1:59 am | Reply
  23. Mary Abby

Hey Jesse! I was wondering, what's your favorite song to perform, and what's your favorite book series? 🙂 And can you please say a shoutout to mary abby from Rhode island? 😀 <33 rock on!! @DSDreamer1996

October 18, 2010 at 2:05 am | Reply
  24. Aidyn (From Venezuela)

– I really wanna know what is your favorite song between all the song you has recorded?

October 18, 2010 at 2:10 am | Reply
  25. Lyn Dee (@lyndeelim)

Hi Jesse! I'm a huge fan of you, from Malaysia, since your debut. Well, it has been six years already. So, just wondering, are you by any chance planning to perform here in Malaysia? We've been waiting since then! Thanks. Love ya'! 🙂

October 18, 2010 at 2:14 am | Reply
  26. Susie

How many facebook accounts you have?
    Will you be coming to Virginia on your next tour?
    How many myspace account you have?

October 18, 2010 at 2:15 am | Reply
  27. mariska

my question it is my 19th birthday 2day 17/10/2010 and i just wanted jesse to wish me a happy b-day then everything great it well best gift for now until maariska from (Trinidad and Tobago,west Indies) thank you

October 18, 2010 at 2:31 am | Reply
  28. Anna

Do you ever have time or have you ever had time to watch some of the videos on youtube that fans make for you?

October 18, 2010 at 3:54 am | Reply
  29. Crystal snow

What do you enjoy most when writing an albulm?(twitter)

October 18, 2010 at 3:55 am | Reply
  30. Rebecca

Hey Jesse! Thanks for saying hi to me on the z100 chat Friday! Its Rebecca from the Bronx =D That meant the world to me! <3333 That day I went to the z100 building & stood there for hours hoping to see you but I didn't <//3 But that hi from you so made up for it! <333 Thanks again! =]

October 18, 2010 at 4:03 am | Reply
  31. Rebecca

Is you're fan club still up for people to join? And is joining the best chance I have to meet you? Its my dream to meet you & take a picture with you! <333

October 18, 2010 at 4:06 am | Reply
  32. Laura

Jesse, The songs I like most are usually ones you have co-written. Really liking the new music, especially 'One Night'.

1. However, I'm not understanding one phrase – "What would you do if when I look at you it's someone else that makes my heart stop." In your interpretation, are you saying this as if it was said 'to you' by the female?

2. Will Dory Lobel be back in your band on any new tour? Really liking his guitar playing on your radio tour.

3. How do the little radio stations get your songs?
    We don't have a KISSFM station in n/west tenn. The station I listen to in Paducah (Electric 96.9) only played Leavin' from your last album. None of the rest of them made it to air. Also requested 'Shake', but they didn't have it a couple week's ago and I still haven't heard it.

October 18, 2010 at 4:25 am | Reply
  33. Pat

Hi ! Jesse

I'm Pat from Thailand. I found you on my friend's ipod ( you turn up there) ^^ the first song made i know you is "Just so you know" , at that time you already have third album. Ok I just wanna tell you ..you're my inspiration. You made me love to learn more english language because I try to understand when you have an interview. So, do you have any plan to promote your fourth album in Asia?

Anyway if you not come here I will go there!! ^^ I will always support you. I like you new song –shake–

Love you Jesse

October 18, 2010 at 4:48 am | Reply
  34. Crystal

hey Jesse! can u give me a cyber kiss!? haha I'm jk
    ^^^^ please ask him this, I wanna make him laugh

October 18, 2010 at 5:39 am | Reply
  35. Crystal

how many pounds do u weight, Jesse? (I love u just the way u r)

October 18, 2010 at 7:06 am | Reply
  36. Amerizza Amir (@issey0413)

1. what or who is your ideal girl? 2. what's your last dream? 3. do you lurk on twitter? 4. will you visit asia? philippines, perhaps? U have so many fans here. 5. do U have a bestfriend? who? #TeamJesse *hugs*

October 18, 2010 at 7:18 am | Reply
  37. xh

Why have you not done a world tour? Will we get to see you doing a world tour soon????

October 18, 2010 at 10:32 am | Reply
  38. Claudia

i'm your fan since 2004 but i've never met you.i live italy and i'm italian and really want to meet you and see you live in concert so When you come back to italy??And can you Please say Hi to Claudia(me) from Trani??
    Thanks 🙂

October 18, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Reply
  39. Ashley Kramer

Hey Jesse! Can you PLEASE come and play at STARLAND BALLROOOM in sayreville?! It wouldm ean the world to me if you did. Love you

October 18, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Reply
  40. rana... @roro_heartjmcc

hey jess i wanna ask u a very lil Q 🙂 did u ever notice me in twitter lol @roro_heartjmcc

October 18, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  41. rana... @roro_heartjmcc

hey jesse can u say hey 2 me 🙂 my name is rana and i'm ur biggest fan try 2 notice me on twitter @roro_heartjmcc and when u gonna follow ur fans u must follow me

October 18, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Reply
  42. leelee

do you still remember the lyrics or dance moves of the dream street songs? xD

have you ever thought about doing broadway again?

October 18, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  43. airos09

hi Jesse!I love you but this isn't a new!I've a question:in your songs you only deal with the lirycs or cooperate with the music,too?Thanks!!Sorry for my english!

October 18, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Reply
  44. JesseMacJunkie

Hi Jesse! I love hearing what you are up to thru Twitter & THX 4 snapping all the pics for us (#TeamJesse)! ♥ My questions are:
    1. Are you annoyed by the paparazzi?
    2. If you found the right girl, would you give it all up for one night (lol JK!) I meant... would you give it all up to be happy with her for the rest of your life?
    I LOVE the new song "One Night" the best of all I've heard thus far. Keep up the good work Jesse!
    With love from Debby in Ohio ♥

October 18, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Reply
  45. Jmacs_angel

hi Jesse, my qurstion to you is what is one of your fave gifts a fan has given you over the years?

October 18, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Reply
  46. Anna Lazar

Heyy Jesse!

If you could change only one thing on you what would it be?

October 18, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  47. Backstreetsmac

Hello Jesse, my question for you is what is one of your fave childhood memoires? Love ya 🙂

October 18, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Reply
  48. Jimena

Why did you decide to put just 11 songs on the album???
    Are you coming to Mexico City any time soon???? Please come!!!!!!!:)
    When is the album coming out????
    When is "Wanted" coming out????

I´m from Mexico

October 18, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  49. Amelia

Hey Jesse...My name is Amelia and im from Argentina, Buenos Aires. My question is the next: Do you think do a tour with this new album? We wait you since long time ago in Latin America!! And we would like so much that you come here. You have big fans here! Well, Thanks very much for all your love! Y congratulation...I think you are doing very good work!! You are very talented! A big kiss, I love you so much!

October 18, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Reply
  50. Clara

Hey Arthur Mc. .... I Love you
    Please say Hi for me Jesse!!! say Clara Bibbó I love you.. You Change muy life Jesse, REALLY
    Ok, questions:
    First:
    You went to Europa, Japan, countries like French, España, Italy and all the world but... South America?? What??
    PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE come here!! We love you!! And I think you and all of us would enjoy a concert yours

Second: if you were not singing.. What would you have liked to work??

And... What's the thing you enjoy most about being famous?

finally: if you make a tour of south america... Would you like to surprise your fans as you did in your promo-tour?
    You should stop by my house 😀

I love you Jesse McCartney... The first day I saw you I felt I fly away. I thought the world had stopped
    So that I could just see you
    Since that day... I knew there's no one like you. I won't listen to another voice

¡Adios Jesse!
    !Te amo muchísimo!

October 19, 2010 at 12:45 am | Reply
  51. Clara

Oh Jesse.!
    I'm Clara, again...
    I almost forgot to tell you one important thing
    I'M FROM MONTEVIDEO, URUGUAY
    will be necessary for you to when you come to visit me
    Bye!
    I love you so much!
    Besos 🙂

October 19, 2010 at 1:04 am | Reply
  52. Christina Longo

Jesse who do you want to colaborate with... that you haven't with yet? Also what shows do you like to watch for example do you like jersey shore ?

October 19, 2010 at 2:45 am | Reply
  53. jessaddict

Hey Jess! its Jo from FRANCE!!

Did you taste French food in LA? Wha'ts your fav?
    We're waiting for you in France at my cousine's restaurant!!!come please:) you'll be not disappointed!!:)much love<3

October 19, 2010 at 11:57 am | Reply
  54. Janis (Canada)

If singing hadn't worked out for you, what do you think you'd be doing with your life? Or what would you like to be doing?

p.s. COME TO CANADA! 🙂

October 19, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Reply
  55. rana... @roro_heartjmcc

hey jesse did u ever think 2 come 2 egypt ? 🙂 and plz say hey 2 me
    rana from twitter @roro_heartjmcc

October 20, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Reply
  56. rana... @roro_heartjmcc

hey jesse can u plz come 2 egypt we love u here ❤
    @roro_heartjmcc

October 20, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Reply
  57. elizabeth fuerte

Hi Jesse im a huge my qestion is if i ever became famous one day would like to be my mentor or soming like and im writing from enid,ok love u

October 22, 2010 at 3:40 am | Reply
  58. Hannah

I want to know if he's going on tour in 2011 to promote his new album?

November 8, 2010 at 2:48 am | Reply
  59. rhine christian etac agac-ac

hey!!! good day!!! i have a question is tinkerbell and the mysterious woods will be also released on asian (philippines) hope itll come here!

December 29, 2010 at 11:00 pm | Reply