Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Tuesday's Connector: Harrison Ford

October 25th, 2010

He's saved presidents, been a president, saved the universe from a dark lord and has even been a top-secret spy - all roles that Harrison Ford can say he has taken on.

Harrison Ford is your Connector of the Day.

Harrison Ford is your Connector of the Day.

Pegged to blockbuster action movies like "Clear and Present Danger," "Indiana Jones," "Star Wars" and "Air Force One", Ford has played roles that many people would die for.

Born in July 1942, Ford may have been destined to act since birth - both his parents were former actors.

Ford dabbled in a variety of activities growing up - from the Boy Scouts to trying to make it as a voice-over actor. But, it wasn't until he landed the starring role in George Lucas' 1977 "Star Wars" that he became a household name.

Ford would go on to play Han Solo in the three additional "Star Wars" sequels.

The other leading role that cemented Ford's status as one of Hollywood's leading men was the "Indiana Jones" franchise.

Throughout the 90s, Ford went on to have a hugely successful film career with leading roles in the Tom Clancy spy series, Sydney Pollack's Sabrina and presidential thriller, "Air Force One."

Ford has also been a very strong environmentalist and is the Vice Chairman of Conservation International. Today he is in Japan talking to leaders from around the world about the importance of preserving biodiversity and curbing environmental damage.

Here's your chance to quiz Harrison Ford.

Please leave your questions for him below and be sure to tell us where you're writing from.

1. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Harrison Ford and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Harrison Ford on the following questions:

– How will you as a member of the board of directors of Conservation International and as a member of the Governing Board of the Archaeological Institute of America (AIA) Improve Clean and Safe Water worldwide, while the World War II Archaeological North German Lloyd (Hapag-Lloyd AG) Cargo Ship “the Goslar” is Still Polluting our Waters in Suriname, Atlantic Ocean and Beyond for Decades?

– How will you as the narrator of the documentary Dalai Lama Renaissance Improve the relationship with Dalai Lama and the rest of our world?
    – How are you going to Improve California and the rest of our world to be Gun Violent Free?
    – What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Harrison Ford’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

October 25, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  2. Charles Bacon

Mr. Ford,

Have you considered running for POTUS in 2012?

Sincerely,

Charles Bacon

October 25, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Reply
  3. Jan Joubert

Dear Mr. Ford,

Thank you for taking the time to respond to our questions.

If offered the chance, would you ever do something like 'Blade Runner' again? (long night shoot in the rain, a dystopian sci fi that is challenging to create due to budget / time / its scale).

What kind of role would you love to play?

If you had memory loss and tried to piece who you are together from random events, sights and sounds throughout your life, whom would you be?

I am humbled by your taking the time to write a response to any of this.

Yours Sincerely,
    Jan Joubert
    Cape Town, South Africa

October 25, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Reply
  4. Elise D. Garcia

Hello Mr. Ford,

What is your opinion on U.S. military bases existing on and being relocated around the Okinawan Islands in Japan? Besides social and political problems, this issue negatively impacts the marine environment in this area. As a member of American University's upcoming trip to Okinawa to learn about this issue, I've become frustrated with the complexity of the matter. What do you think is good solution that benefits all (especially marine life and preservation)?

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,

Elise D. Garcia
    Student
    American University,
    Washington, DC

October 25, 2010 at 7:37 pm | Reply
  5. Paul Mercieca

Hi, have you ever been to Malta, if not I think you should :-), its a tiny place but quite different from other countries.

Paul, Marsascala, Malta

PS, If you're in the area and want to pass by I'll offer you tea & biscuits whilst my wife faints. My son will probably ask you to play ball or something 🙂

October 25, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  6. Terry Henson

form Bloomington IL
    FIirst movie I remember was Americn graffiti
    You seemed to be born into the movie seen with a lot of talent
    and good looks. What is the hardest thing about acting to you??

October 25, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Reply
  7. Rebecca Harvey

Mr. Ford,

I have followed your interested in general aviation in recent years (I am also a pilot). Can you tell me what aviation related experiences have been the most memorable for you?

Thanks,
    Rebecca

October 25, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Reply
  8. Eduard Valor

Hey Mr. Ford,

If you had a time machine and were able to go back in time just once where would your stop be?

cheers,

Ed
    Belgium

October 25, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Reply
  9. Dan Reed

I second that question... 'Would you consider running for President in 2012?' You would have my vote... and not because I have admired your acting, but because of your work outside of the film industry, and you would command the attention of many of the other world leaders if for no other reason than of you great body of work that everyone has come to know and respect.

October 25, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Reply
  10. Liana

What new piece of technology has been the hardest for you to adapt to?

and...

can you think of any technology you would choose NOT to learn?

October 25, 2010 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  11. Ben Hildebrand

Mr. Ford do you like bacon?

October 25, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  12. Mariann Steffen

If you are interested in producing a screenplay, please contact me. It is copyrighted with the Library of Congress. Will contact your agent if you so desire. Want to follow proper procedure. Thank you for your attention.

October 25, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Reply
  13. Dan Talboy

Hey Harrison, do you remember a very good friend of mine over in Hawaii, name Eddy Abubo, he was the tennis pro at the Princeville Resort, a few years ago. Eddy showed me a picture of you and him together?

October 25, 2010 at 9:29 pm | Reply
  14. Mikail Alci

I wonder if any of mr. Harrison Ford's sons will continue the family tradition of acting.

And can I as a huge fan expect more adventure / sci-fi films?

I also would like to thank mr. Harrison Ford for his extra ordinary works that made huge impacts on the movie history. I enjoy and appreciate every second of his acting.

(Belgium)

October 25, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Reply
  15. Scott Fagan

Mr. Ford,

What in your eyes is our largest environmental challenges in the U.S. and what can we do working with Congress and our elected officials to help address it? Which NGOs or organizations can be most helpful and could use the most support? With times tougher for most folks, where do you think we should focus?

Thank you for the work you do, both in the causes you support and the characters you have brought to life for all of us, each usually bringing to the forefront traits that we strive for in regular circumstances.

October 25, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Reply
  16. bittramp

Mr. Ford,

What do you have against snakes?

October 25, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  17. Foo foo

Who shot first? You or Greedo?

October 25, 2010 at 10:36 pm | Reply
  18. ter mckeegan

Mr. Ford

Will the film on Fred Cuny ever be released?

October 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  19. Damon Lindelof

Mr. Ford,

Would you like to be in the Alien prequel?

ps: Your performance in Cowboys & Aliens was.. you know.. awesome. I'm sure the fans will dig it.

October 25, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  20. Marina V. Thobias

Will you marry me?

October 25, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Reply
  21. Brittany Wildgoose

If you had to choose between the wonder of bacon, and the greatness of the Millennium Falcon, which would you choose?

October 25, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  22. Kalle Söderberg

Dear Mr. Ford. I have always been a huge fan, throughout your career. My question is, if you were allowed to make a sequel to one of your pictures/series which one would it be?

October 25, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  23. Rita Jean

Hello Mr. Ford.

What contributions/collaborations can you dream of that your good friend, Sydney Pollack, could have made in today's cinema?

Peace.

October 25, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Reply
  24. Clint D

Mr Ford,
    Was the character you played, Rick Deckard, in the movie Blade Runner a replicant?

October 25, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Reply
  25. Ryan Pominville

If Indiana Jones and Han Solo got into a fight, who would win?

October 25, 2010 at 10:52 pm | Reply
  26. Marco

Mr. Ford,

Is it true that the camera adds 5 pounds, and can you detail how this affected the film crew concerning Carrie Fisher in that very conservative metal bikini?

Starwars fans worldwide would like an honest answer to this very serious question. Thank you.

October 25, 2010 at 10:54 pm | Reply
  27. Andrew McKinley

Harrison,

I've always wondered this, but what is your personal belief in regards to religion.

Also, I know this is not a question, but I am an aspiring archeologist. And you are one of my main inspiration (well at least your character Indiana Jones). I just want to say thank you for giving me my idea for my future and I can easily say that part of any success I have is credited to you.

Sincerely,
    Andrew McKinley

October 25, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Reply
  28. Bam Oliveira

Mr Ford, do you have a good relationship with the people who worked with you in Star Wars?

October 25, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Reply
  29. Taylor Feyereisen

Well I'm not going to start off with a Dear Mr. Ford or Hello Harrison, all I want to know is who you think would win in a fight, Han Solo or Indiana Jones? No help from Short Round or Chewbacca or any other companions, just Han and Henry. Thanks for the time and remember the longer you're gone the more people get delusions of grandeur.

You call him Dr. Jones doll!
    Taylor F.

October 25, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Reply
  30. marksimon

do you ever travel by train? if you don't, you should!

October 25, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Reply
  31. todd wiggin

You recently reprised your Indy role and it sounds like you'll be doing another. With rumors always circulating about another Star Wars trilogy would you ever consider playing Han Solo again if GL asked you?

October 25, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Reply
  32. Paul Villaverde

What do you hope to leave behind as your legacy?

October 25, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Reply
  33. Matthew Henry

Hey Harrison, just 2 quick questions..
    1. Who is your favourite actor?
    2. Can you visit Brisbane, Australia sometime?

Cheers,
    Matt (Brisbane, Australia)

October 25, 2010 at 11:07 pm | Reply
  34. nick d

Why was the last Indiana Jones so bad? Will the new one be better?

October 25, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Reply
  35. wat

" three additional "Star Wars" sequels."

wat

October 25, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Reply
  36. Celeste

Dear Mr. Ford,

As someone who works for preserving the environment, can we assume that you prefer to spend most of your time in Wyoming (and not LA!)?

How do you stand on Wyoming's (and Montana, Idaho and Alaska) policies concerning the wolf with so few left in the wild? Or you do concentrate your efforts on the environment in general terms more than wildlife specifically?

Also, it was *wonderful* to see you in person at Comic Con this year. I'm glad Jon Favreau was able to kidnap you 🙂

October 25, 2010 at 11:11 pm | Reply
  37. Twister Murchison

How do you retain perspective on what makes up a normal life after 30 years in the spotlight?

October 25, 2010 at 11:12 pm | Reply
  38. Joe Vanella

Mr. Ford,

Since I was a kid I knew I wanted a tattoo honoring my childhood hero, Indiana Jones. Ideas for the tat have come and gone and I've thought up just about every possible way to honor Indy on my body: The hat and the whip, the ark, the fertility idol of the Hovitos, etc... Anyway, since this is going to be on me PERMANENTLY I'd like to get a take on it from Indy himself. What do you think would be the best way to honor Indiana Jones via tattoo?

Thanks so much for your time,

Joe Vanella, West Hempstead, NY

October 25, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Reply
  39. Jeremy

Why do you believe that Indiana Jones was a better character than Han Solo? Was it because Indiana was the leading character?

October 25, 2010 at 11:15 pm | Reply
  40. Ryan Gutierrez

Mr. Ford

You've played many roles from a space cowboy to the President of the United States. What is your favorite character that you have portrayed?

October 25, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Reply
  41. ben r.

Mr. Ford, How much practice time did you get before your singing scene in American Grafitti?

October 25, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Reply
  42. Benjamin Everingham

As a job/craft what gives/gave the most satisfaction? Carpentry or acting?

October 25, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Reply
  43. Benjamin Everingham

Mr Ford, over the years you have spent a long time in the UK shooting films. What was your one favourite thing about living in the UK?

October 25, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Reply
  44. Myra E Lowe

Thank you, Mr. Ford, for sharing your talent with us for all these many years.

If George Lucas were so inclined to do the last third of the nine story Star Wars arc – or if anyone else worth Mr. Lucas' salt – would you consider returning to the role of Han Solo? Have you read any of the many books that continued the Star Wars experience, and if so, what do you think of them?

Additionally, are there any roles that you wish you'd not taken?

Do you still work in caprentry? Is any of your work in capentry available for purchase?

Thank you again for your answers. I do look forward to hearin' the answers, and to seein' your next movie, "Morning Glory."

A fan since American Graffitti.

October 25, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  45. Dave

What would you say was the most difficult or awkward scene to shoot from your entire career?
    Do you ever wish you'd lived a quiet life as a carpenter?
    What's the one role you missed out on that you really wish you landed?

Melbourne, Australia

October 25, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  46. Katie Stiles

Hi Mr. Ford,

I was just wondering what your favorite place to film was. I really enjoy your work in and out of the film industry.

Katie Stiles
    Duluth, Minnesota

October 25, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  47. Danielle

Dear Mr Ford,

I applaud you for your work and involvement regarding the environment. I have been a volunteer in Africa many times and have seen and learned what dammage is done to our environment and how important it is to educate people so they understand and can do something about it. I'm greatly concerned about the current rate at which the rhino's are poached so the horns can be sold to Asian countries who still believe rhinohorns will make them stronger, more potent and heal diseases. Any chance this will also be a topic during the convention in Japan? I'll be sure to follow all the projects of Conservation International and i'm sure we can all make a difference in one way or another to preserve our beautiful planet and all the wonderfull creatures in it!

On a more personal note: is there any chance you'll be visiting Holland in the (near) future? If so, it would be dream come true to get a chance to meet you in person 😀

All the best and kind regards,
    Danielle

The Hague/Netherlands

October 25, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Reply
  48. Eric

Could you describe your character in Monsters Vs Aliens?

October 25, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  49. Diana

Serious question!

Harrison,

Have you ever wanted to slap a selfish, whiny actor before?

October 25, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  50. Eric Geller

"Ford would go on to play Han Solo in the three additional "Star Wars" sequels."

There were only two additional sequels, not three.

October 25, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  51. Maurizio Larranaga

How do we get from NGOs lobbying for the enviroment to Governments under mandate actually taking care of the ecosystems trusted to their administrations?

I believe we are primitive beings when greed and moral corruption dictates the future of our habitat with only a few labeled 'tree huggers' or 'enviromentalists' fight for what should be the unquestionable duty of all things alive, to protect and conserve. Development is Not Destruction. It becomes destruction only through greed and ignorance.

We will continue to lobby and work to protect nature against enviromental predation by lesser humans but truth be, our daily fight to protect and conserve nature is the shinning beacon of our failiure as society.

Let's label those who destroy by greed, be it regulators, CEOs, managers... Lets call them what they are... Ecolocos.

October 25, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Reply
  52. Josh

How do you feel about George Lucas' inability to leave Star Wars alone?

Josh
    Guam

October 25, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Reply
  53. Kcat10

Dear Harrison,

Thank you for all you give us. We are blessed to have you in the world. You gave me confidence as an artist when I did portraits of you, oil paintings, some years ago. You kindly responded to me each time, and God bless you for your generous spirit. You even liked my brownies!

What can we do as individuals to help you make the world a better place?

Love,

Kcat10

October 25, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Reply
  54. Kcat10

P.S., I'm writing from Los Angeles, California.

October 25, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Reply
  55. Keira

I'd like to ask Mr. Ford the following: what is his opinion about the statements made by the new BP exec regarding the extent of the damage that was supposedly blown out of proportion by the media & environmentalists?

Thanks,

Keira
    NY

October 25, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Reply
  56. Eric

Could you describe your character in Cowboys Vs Aliens?

October 25, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Reply
  57. Jordan Rendle

Hello Mr. Harrison Ford,
    My name is Jordan Rendle writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I'm actually a 16 year old Canadian living here... My question for you is: What was the hardest role for you to play in your vast movie repertoire? Thank you for making amazing contributions to the Cinematic World.

Jordan Rendle

October 26, 2010 at 12:00 am | Reply
  58. Wes Sutton

Hi Harrison,

What do like best about Wyoming besides the lack of paparazzi? Do you still do some wood working when you have time?

October 26, 2010 at 12:02 am | Reply
  59. Mike

What was the THIRD Star Wars SEQUEL in which you starred? Is there a lost film in the Lucas archives?!;)

"But, it wasn't until he landed the starring role in George Lucas' 1977 'Star Wars' that he became a household name.

Ford would go on to play Han Solo in the three additional 'Star Wars' sequels."

October 26, 2010 at 12:08 am | Reply
  60. Matt

Hi Harrison,

Congrats to you to your marriage to Calista Flockhart, I hope you two are truly happy, my question for you is do you two ever want to work together on a film project? Or would you consider guest staring on Brothers and Sisters if a suitable part was available?

October 26, 2010 at 12:11 am | Reply
  61. Jim

Hello Harrison, how did you get into acting, at what age and where?

Jim

October 26, 2010 at 12:19 am | Reply
  62. John Standing

Mr. Ford,

If George Lucas ever writes Episodes 7,8 and 9 of the Star Wars saga, do you have any interest in playing Han Solo again? If not are there any current actors that you think should take over the role.

October 26, 2010 at 12:19 am | Reply
  63. David Herrera

Hello Junior,

From all the movies you've been in, not necessarily the best, not necessarily the biggest, not necessarily your best performance, but which one is the one you have the fondest memories of, and why?

October 26, 2010 at 12:30 am | Reply
  64. david williams

Hi from Lehigh Acres Florida.

My question would be, after such a great career, do you have a any regrets on projects you have done or projects you would like to do?

October 26, 2010 at 12:33 am | Reply
  65. Campbell Evans

If Lucasfilm ever approached you with a project where they were creating a CGI version of one of your characters would you be interested in voicing it? As an actor who has played such iconic parts, how do you feel about the idea that one day someone might attempt to use your image to create a virtual Harrison Ford?

October 26, 2010 at 12:36 am | Reply
  66. Campbell Evans

How's married life treating you? -Campbell Evans, Orlando, FL

October 26, 2010 at 12:37 am | Reply
  67. Eric Sheagren

Mr. Ford "Insert Indy 5 question here". Seriously, what's with the recent media blackout on this? Couldja' get one of your hollywood heavyweight partners in this to give us something substantial to chew on? Like is it going to happen, or are they trying to get it happening? I know you're sick of fielding these questions, but the fans are anxious to see you in the hat again!

I am the admin for this Facebook page:

October 26, 2010 at 12:41 am | Reply
  68. Matt

I, like Terry Henson, remember you in American Graffiti, it was such a memorable role where your charisma and presence was apparent from your first frame.

I was wondering if you learned anything from that role or similar early roles that stood you in good stead for future roles, was that a good experience for you? What were your thoughts about that production?

Oh, and what're your thoughts on Cowboys and Aliens, so far? 🙂

Many thanks

M, UK

October 26, 2010 at 12:42 am | Reply
  69. Roy Christopher

I have read that you didn't really like the film, have you made peace with 'Blade Runner'?

October 26, 2010 at 12:44 am | Reply
  70. Roy Christopher

[Austin, Texas]

October 26, 2010 at 12:45 am | Reply
  71. 5t1v

When you were making BLADE RUNNER with Ridley Scott did you know at the time that your character was also a replicant? And, if there was a BLADE RUNNER sequel or prequel would you participate in it?

5t1v
    Brooklyn NY

October 26, 2010 at 12:46 am | Reply
  72. Amanda Miley

Mr. Ford, it is a pleasure to meet over the Internet. =)
    Will we be expecting any future movies from you? And if so, when?
    Also, do you plan on visiting Florida soon?

October 26, 2010 at 1:16 am | Reply
  73. Kaylin

Dear Mr. Ford,

Why did you decide to do another "Indiana Jones" movie?

What has been your favorite movie you have been in to date?

How would you sway someone decision on the environment? What is your pitch to them - in one sentence?

Thanks for your time. I'm a huge fan. 🙂

October 26, 2010 at 1:21 am | Reply
  74. Noah

Do you have any other information on Indiana Jones 5, other than what's been said so far?

I've heard that you kept a jacket from LC. Did you keep any other pieces of gear from the Indy movies?

October 26, 2010 at 1:22 am | Reply
  75. Christine Baker

How do you recommend we, as individuals in the developed world, help countries like Madagascar preserve their biodiversity and lift out of poverty. Trade? Direct aid? Ecotourism? How do they preserve their culture and their respect for the ways of the ancestors if those practices are detrimental to their long-term sustainability? How do we ask them to change without treading all over those sensibilities?

October 26, 2010 at 1:25 am | Reply
  76. Sud

Greetings Mr Ford,
    Growing up, who were your screen idols?
    And now that you know what it's like to be on the receiving end of a gushing fan's praise, how would YOU approach them?

October 26, 2010 at 1:47 am | Reply
  77. Marc

Good evening Mr. Ford,
    First off, congratulations to your recent marriage to Ms. Calista Flockhart. I truly wish both of you a life full of laughter, joy, peace, happiness and, most of all love.

Second, just wanted to thank you for everything you have done in the world of entertainment. Work that is second to none.

The only question I have is if you know a Todd Hayes? This person claims to know not only you but, George Lucas and Steven Spielberg. If you could verify this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and kind consideration.

October 26, 2010 at 1:52 am | Reply
  78. Sud

Addendum:
    I'm from Melbourne, Australia.
    Thanks!

October 26, 2010 at 2:01 am | Reply
  79. Mitch Hallock

Though no Indyfan would want to see you hang up tge fedora and whip- If you had to pick an actor to replace you in a reboot of the Indiana Jones films, who would it be?

October 26, 2010 at 2:05 am | Reply
  80. Carmen

Mr Ford,

What would happen to Pinocchio's nose if he said, "I am lying."?

Carmen, Singapore

October 26, 2010 at 2:22 am | Reply
  81. Carmen

Mr Ford,

Having been an actor for so many years, and having taken on all sorts of interesting roles, which has been your favourite role, and why?

Carmen, Singapore

October 26, 2010 at 2:23 am | Reply
  82. Dave Fisher

Mr. Harrison Ford

I am a big fan of yours, You are one of my favorite actors, and I have a few questions for you.

Which one of your characters do you like the most and which one of them did you enjoy playing the most, Han Solo or Indiana Jones?

Steven Spielberg cut your scene from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, the scene where you played the school principal and you talked with Henry Thomas as Elliott, are you still disappointed by that?

Which Actor do you like to work with the most?

Which Actress do you like to work with the most?

Which Director do you like to work with the most?

Which actor/director/celebrity do you have a good relationship with?

Which one of your movies was the hardest work for you?

What is it like, being a rich, famous, hardworking actor?

Is it true that you will be returning as Indiana Jones for the fifth time?

October 26, 2010 at 2:37 am | Reply
  83. Sean

Ive been a indy fan sent watching indy 1 when i was younger. I was curious to know, what the latest on indy 5?

October 26, 2010 at 2:41 am | Reply
  84. Liz

Dear Harrison Ford,
    I really just wanted to say that your acting is amazing, but what is really inspiring about you is the way you use your fame to take on current environmental problems rather than ending up in tabloids. One person can make a difference.
    What do you think is the most important factor that needs to be focused on first in the fight for a better planet for the future? How can people who may not be famous actors or politicians make a difference?
    Thank you for your time! (ps you should run for president, Regan did it and you're a way better actor.)
    My regards,
    Lizzy

October 26, 2010 at 2:42 am | Reply
  85. Dutch

I have enjoyed many of your movies and admire your flying abilities (there was GREAT excitement amongst the group when you flew your own plane into Spirit Airport, outside of St. Louis, MO to attend to some personal business). You seem to have everything in life. Why do you smile so infrequently? A pretty personal question, yes, but one that has nagged at me for a long time.

Best,

Dutch

October 26, 2010 at 2:43 am | Reply
  86. Maurice Tyson

I'm all for Hollywood saying STAND UP TO CANCER, however , I really have issues when celebrities talk about donating hard earned moolah while puffing on the cancer stick after the telethon is over. Wat's your opinion?

October 26, 2010 at 2:49 am | Reply
  87. Martin

Mr. Ford,

Do you still practice woodcraft, and if so, what is your favourite wood to work with?

October 26, 2010 at 2:52 am | Reply
  88. Linda Marcus

Hello Mr. Ford,
    Was there any particular event that started your involvement in conservation for the environment? Also, I want to say I think it is really wonderful that you volunteer your time with aviation for rescues, transporting children to the Special Olympics and help for the victims of the earthquake in Haiti. You are a very kind man.

October 26, 2010 at 2:57 am | Reply
  89. Grant Wooley

How is it going, Mr. Ford.
    (Man, that sounded cool.)

I just wanted to know why I don't see you on the big-screen much anymore, I want to see some real actors again.
    Just burnt out on it?

Keep up being cool,
    Wooley.

October 26, 2010 at 3:36 am | Reply
  90. Ana

Mr. Ford,

Growing up in Central America, Indy was my hero. Your character inspired me to dream of going off to distant lands with the promise of discovery and adventure. Going to the movies with my dad and little brother, your movies were such a treat to us all. I've now lived and worked on several continents and live in Tanzania.
    Of the Indy trilogy, which location and in which movie did you enjoy most? And do you have a favorite one? Muchas gracias!

October 26, 2010 at 3:58 am | Reply
  91. Reinhard Gmelin

As a airline pilot I have often wondered the thrill/enjoyment you get from flying? Is there any plane or helicopter you enjoy flying the most?
    I have also heard that you volunteer your time for search and rescue missions.

I do hope I get the pleasure of meeting you same day.

Sincerely
    R. Gmelin

October 26, 2010 at 4:11 am | Reply
  92. Auriette Lindsey

Which of your films or roles are you most proud of?

Is there a type of role or a kind of film that you would particularly like to work on at this point in your career? Maybe a genre you haven't tried yet or lately? Or someone you'd like to work with in particular?

Finally, have you ever been to Pensacola, Florida? We're known as the "Cradle of Naval Aviation," you know, and the National Museum of Naval Aviation is here, too. You'd probably enjoy it. 🙂

October 26, 2010 at 4:17 am | Reply
  93. Mary

Harrison,

As a young girl, you were my first love as Han Solo. I realize this isn't really a question, but I thought you should know.

Yours,

Mary

October 26, 2010 at 4:26 am | Reply
  94. Megaen Kelly

Dear Mr Ford,

How did you get into the conservation effort? What areas of enviromentalism/conservationism are the most important for you? What measures do you think the US government should be taking in the area?

Thank you.

Megaen Kelly
    Hong Kong

October 26, 2010 at 5:06 am | Reply
  95. Johan Hedlund

Mr. Ford,

What is your message to all the people attending the Biodiversity Summit (COP 10) in Nagoya, not to mention to all the stakeholders throughout the world, all of whom rely so heavily on biodiversity for their livelihoods?

Thank you very much for your personal efforts in bringing this to people's attention.

October 26, 2010 at 5:14 am | Reply
  96. Stefan Simonsen

Dear Mr. Ford,
    Thank you so much for being the good guy during my upbringing since 1977 Star Wars. I now however represent the Finnish Red Cross, Åland district and we would like to ask you to join our National Society. Our humanitarian work both here and out in the field would would really be so much easier and more fun with you on board in our organisation.

Please feel free to contact me,
    best regards,
    Stefan Simonsen
    Åland, Finland

October 26, 2010 at 5:28 am | Reply
  97. Krishna Desiraju, Bangalore India

Mr. Ford, have loved you forever, whatever, wherever! Will you don the fedora again?

October 26, 2010 at 5:37 am | Reply
  98. A Bailey

Mr Ford,
    What is your favorite role in your great career?

October 26, 2010 at 5:45 am | Reply
  99. sylvia Flefel

i was fan of your films nd performance until your description so badly about the aras.i am so sorry to hear such comments from a person like you.shame on you.

October 26, 2010 at 5:45 am | Reply
  100. Natalie Montanaro

Hello Mr. Ford,

My question to you is:

Have you ever considered joining the Peace Corps?

I am a 52 year old volunteer now in Romania from Charleston, SC, and with the 50th Anniversary of the US Peace Corps, I'd like to have your thoughts.

And "O zi buna" to you and yours across the pond!

October 26, 2010 at 5:52 am | Reply
  101. Monica Penders

Greetings from Down Under, Mr Ford.

During the making of Star Wars did you have any idea of what an impact it was going to have on the world? I would like to point out that I saw it 11 times at the movies in 1977!

Same with Blade Runner. I believe that was a harrowing shoot but the result – well it speaks for itself.

And Witness – another great film! By a great Aussie director. Have spent some time driving around Amish Country and can't help hear the Witness soundtrack playing in my head. Did you realize you were making an amazing film when you were in PA?

So many questions, Mr Ford. And so little time.

You number one fan from Down Under.

Monica

October 26, 2010 at 6:11 am | Reply
  102. Tariq

Dear sir, I am a big fan of you and Indiana Jones character.

In your opinion, do you think after you retire from the Indiana Jones role there should be a reboot and a search for a new actor to play the role of Indy with new stories?

All the best,
    Tariq
    from Beirut

October 26, 2010 at 6:30 am | Reply
  103. Vicki Moran-Talwar

Hello, Mr. Ford-

Over the years you have acted in a number of diverse and impressive projects. My question: What role haven't you played which you would still like to take on today?

You have also survived the pitfalls of life in the spotlight and remain a respected, successful, and grounded actor. My question: What is your advice to younger actors who have problems with industry-related issues like drug and alcohol abuse and excess?

Vicki Moran-Talwar
    Manila, Philippines

October 26, 2010 at 6:38 am | Reply
  104. Manuel Mungenast

– What do you think are the most important things in life?

– You worked four times with Steven Spielberg. What's your favourite film he's done (except for the Indy movies, of course)?

– You have played in so many great movies. Indy, Frantic, Mosquito Coast, Presumed Innocent, to name just a few... What movies you played in are you most proud of?

– How was it to work with Daniel Craig in "Cowboys and Aliens"?

– Will there be another "Indy" movie? 🙂

Greetings from Germany. By the way, you are the best! 🙂

October 26, 2010 at 6:45 am | Reply
  105. Harsha

Mr Ford,
    I am writing from India.
    I have been a great admirer of your "Indiana Jones" movies. Are there anymore such movies planned for the future ? Also tell us which are your favorite movies apart from the ones you have acted in.
    I am from India and therefore would like to know if there is any chance of you acting in Indian movies :).

Regards,
    Harsha

October 26, 2010 at 6:45 am | Reply
  106. Giovanni

Ciao Harrison,
    I have written a movie script and you would be perfect for the part of a retired archaeologist (professsor). The part would not be like Dr. Jones in the Indiana series, but a mild adventure/science fiction theme. It is not a large part, but if the movie is to be made you would you consider a part like this?
    Giovanni (Italy)

October 26, 2010 at 7:05 am | Reply
  107. Martin Straka

Hello Mr.Ford! As you are very active in environmental movement, I want to ask you: what is your opinion on ideal "energy mix" for developed areas like US, Europe etc.? Do you prefer one of the possible energy sources to be major (nuclear, fossils, biomass, solar, etc.)? If so, why? And why not the others? Thanks a lot and I look forward to your next movie!

Martin Straka
    Prague, Czech Republic

October 26, 2010 at 7:07 am | Reply
  108. Lalit Rao

Mr.Ford,

Why do we need film stars to talk about environmental issues ?

Don't you think that this is something for environmentalists to do ?

October 26, 2010 at 7:18 am | Reply
  109. Raitis Misa

Dear Mr Ford,

Is there any planned activitie ragarding environmental changes and pollution on global scale? Like touring the world with educational lectures. I think it could make the diffrence as You are the person many will listen to!

I’m not asking You to come over to Latvia to visit me as there are probbaly six more billion of persons like me, willing to meet You and ask for the autograph 🙂

October 26, 2010 at 7:28 am | Reply
  110. Jason

I read that you were once a carpenter. Do you still enjoy wood working and are you a do it yourself kind of person around you home?

October 26, 2010 at 7:42 am | Reply
  111. alexjliu

Since you have already donned the fedora to revisit the character of Indiana Jones, would you ever consider returning to that galaxy far, far away to play a wiser Han Solo (not necessarily in a movie)?

Alexander J. Liu, writing from Singapore, Singapore.

October 26, 2010 at 7:43 am | Reply
  112. Michelle Snow

Dear Mr. Ford,

Thank you so much for all the entertainment you've given me over the years. =)

What I'd like to know is what role have you found the most challenging to play?

Also, is there any role you've turned down that you wish you'd said yes to?

Best wishes for your future endeavours!

Michelle Snow
    Orlando, FL

October 26, 2010 at 7:48 am | Reply
  113. Niina Pekkarinen

Mr Ford,

What do you consider to be your biggest achievement?

October 26, 2010 at 8:01 am | Reply
  114. Franca O

Indiana jones really show cased ur talent, i thank God 4 u. But pls what has b'n ur challenge so far?

October 26, 2010 at 8:07 am | Reply
  115. Little Stevie

Which is better, a two inch thick slab of black walnut in your hands or appearing in a movie?

Stevie Barfield
    Hamburg, Germany

October 26, 2010 at 8:17 am | Reply
  116. Becky

Hi!

Do you remember what happened to all the snakes in Raiders of the Lost Ark after filming finished? I heard they were all burned in a backlot at Elstree Studios in order to cover-up evidence of their mistreatment and poor storage conditions.

October 26, 2010 at 8:27 am | Reply
  117. Santanu Ganguly

First time I saw you on silver screen was when I was very young and went to watch "Force 10 From Navarone" with my father in a 200 year old colonial built bioscope turned movie theatre in Calcutta. After that I saw you in "Apocalypse Now". The rest, as of Star Wars, is history. The other stars of Star Wars did not really make it as big as you did. What made you stand out from others there and rise to the pinnacle as you did, so very quickly, besides landing the Indaina Jones role in ROLA? Most stars in Star Wars were also good looking with extraordinary acting skills. What made you the special pick of the crop on the success ladder?

BTW, I am probably off next weekend to Wested leather in Kent, UK and grab an "authentic" Indiana Jones ROLA jacket 🙂

Thank you for taking the time out to do this, being as busy as you are and being as big a star as you are.

October 26, 2010 at 9:01 am | Reply
  118. Kyle Cockeran

Hi, Harrison,

I'd like to know if you can still fly the Millennium Falcon? And, do you still pop in to Mos Eisley for a drink from time to time – if so, may I please come with you? Drinks are on me.

Kyle
    Cape Town, South Africa

October 26, 2010 at 9:10 am | Reply
  119. alice lynch

Hello

I love you movies! Do you have any Irish connections?

October 26, 2010 at 9:14 am | Reply
  120. Jacob Green-Smith

Do you believe that everyone has a moral duty to respect and care for the enviroment in there own way, Companies do what they can for the enviroment and the general public do what they can.

October 26, 2010 at 9:28 am | Reply
  121. PFC Sanchez

Who shot first you or Greedo?
    Camp Hovey- South Korea

October 26, 2010 at 9:48 am | Reply
  122. MAIDUKA INNOCENT

Ford, how manage you guys entered that great river with your car without any bridge? Amazing. please, clarify.

October 26, 2010 at 9:59 am | Reply
  123. Jon Miller

Mr. Ford,

I actually don't have any questions for you. Just wanted to relay my appreciation of your achievements on and off the screen. Take care and be well.

October 26, 2010 at 10:13 am | Reply
  124. MAIDUKA INNOCENT

For, in the Adventure, 'INDIANA JONES AND THE KINGDOM OF THE CRYSTAL SKULL', how manage you guys entered that great river on your last jump to the kingdom with your car without any bridge? Amazing. Please clarify.

October 26, 2010 at 10:29 am | Reply
  125. Brian P

When will we finally see a feature film about the wacky adventures of Colonel Lucas?

October 26, 2010 at 10:33 am | Reply
  126. Yossef Meir

Hi, Mr. Ford!

I am a great fan of you since Blade Runner. I've watched that movie several times. You have done dozens of memorable films since then, but this one stands out from the crowd.

Sincerely,
    Yossef
    Belo Horizonte, Brazil

PS. I always wanted to know where did you get that famous scar on your chin.

October 26, 2010 at 10:37 am | Reply
  127. Brian McMullan

From Glasgow, Scotland!

Harrison, if you could live the life of any of the characters you've ever played, who would you be and why?

October 26, 2010 at 11:05 am | Reply
  128. sofianeomari

Hi Harrison I am a big fan of you and everyone else besides lol

Are you thinking that one day you will participate in the event of dedications photo shoot and more with a fan because I would love to meet you!

From France with Love ; )

Sofiane

October 26, 2010 at 11:10 am | Reply
  129. Diana Hansen

Finally a chance to ask you if in 1945 you and your mother were living in San Francisco? A little boy from Chicago knicknamed "Tyke" whose Dad was fighting in the Pacific was my best friend at Golden Gate nursery school and he looks just like you. I still have the snaps of us together. The first time I saw you on screen in Star Wars ,I said "but that's "Tyke". My husband and I are big fans.and you share the same birthday . If your ever in Rome for work I'll lend you my lake house in Castelgandolfo which is just a 15 min drive from all the major studios. Diana Hansen Frascati, Italy

October 26, 2010 at 11:11 am | Reply
  130. JK

Hello Mr Ford.

I'm looking forward to Cowboys and Aliens. Did you enjoy your experiences on set in New Mexico and what was it like to work with Daniel Craig.

jk in the UK

October 26, 2010 at 11:41 am | Reply
  131. Mark Cross

Good morning! I, too, would be most intrested in how you see the Indiana Jones franchise will continue after you end your connection with the films....of course after you've finished Indy V, VI, VII, VIII..... (grins)

Regards! Mark

member of Club Obi Wan, Indiana Jones gear website.

October 26, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  132. Veronica

Hi Harrison! I wanted to know... If you could change something in your life, what would it be? How do you think your life would be without Star Wars?
    I want also to say thank you because you're really one of the greatest actors ever, I've always loved your films. And I don't have any doubt: YOU shot first!
    Your Veronica Lovato, Italy

October 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  133. H.-G. Jongebloed

Dear Mr. Ford,

is it allowed to you, to do an advertisement clip for Conservation International in the role of Indiana Jones who would avow for protecting the jungle areas/rain forests (not only for things that belongs into a museum, but also for the mankind of the future)?

Who owns the rights of Indiana Jones? Do they belong only to Lucasfilm, or also to the creators of Indy like Steven Spielberg an you?

Best regards from germany,
    Hanselation

October 26, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  134. sandra carrillo

Dear Mr. Ford
    If you ever leave Calista will you come down to texas and marry me?
    love..sandra c.

October 26, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Reply
  135. Alex

Hello Mr. Ford,

is an fifth Indiana Jones movie coming, or has it all been only romors?

Thanks and best wishes from germany

October 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  136. Jay Sparks

Hello Mr Ford,

Long time fan of your work, both on and off screen.

A personal favorite, The Mosquito Coast, failed to connect with audiences back in the 80's, I've always considered it to be amongst your best work and a great film with rich, absorbing themes and a wonderfully complex character in Allie Fox.

Had this adaptation been made a decade earlier or perhaps even today, do you think it would have found it's mark to resonate with the public?

October 26, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Reply
  137. Joe Harig

Mr. Ford

I'm from Michigan and in recent years we've had legislation passed to give tax breaks to movie studios in order to lure them to the state and get them to film their productions in towns across Michigan. The hope is to bring in jobs and money to help revitalize our limping economy. Would you ever consider coming here (more specifically my hometown of Grand Rapids) for a project? For your convenience, you may land your sweet plane at our Gerald R. Ford International Airport.

Continue with your Good work Sir.

October 26, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  138. Axel Wellner

Dear Mr. Ford.

will you play Indiana Jones in the age of 70 again?

Best wishes from Germany

Your biggest fan,

Axel

October 26, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  139. Bulus

Hi, Mr. Ford,
    have you ever been to Africa, if not when are you coming? Pls. come to Nigeria before the general election in 2011. We love you.

October 26, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  140. Kevin Paris

Dear Mr. Indiana Jones,

2008: the best year of my life! Indiana Jones returns to cinema screens after 18 years! I Couldn't Be Happier. Now 2010, a lot of rumors that a new indy movie is in the works, it seems that you, Steven & George are up for it.

So will there be an Indiana Jones 5? Are do we have to wait another 18 years 🙂

Regards from Amsterdam,

Kevin

October 26, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Reply
  141. DEMEHIN BENJAMIN A

what does the future hold for star wars nd will u still play a role in them?

October 26, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Reply
  142. DEMEHIN BENJAMIN A

did u star in d pupported new star war sequels

October 26, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Reply
  143. Andrew Rhodes

Harrison:

One of the reasons Indy is so loved is the fact that he is so human. So my question is:

Because of this, do you feel there is no age limit to playing the character since he is so human and therefore able to age before us on screen? And if so, how would you like to see the character's age handled in Indy 5?

By the way, Indy 4 had its issues, but you were GREAT as always.

October 26, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  144. ScottGH

Hello Harrison!

I've always been a big Raiders fan. It is still my favorite movie. Was Raiders as much fun to make as it was to watch?

There was about a 20 year gap in Indy films (1989-2008). If you had to do it over again, would you have done more Indy films in that time period?

What kind of legacy do you hope to leave behind?

You have had a wonderful career in films and I wish you all the best!

October 26, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Reply
  145. keith hogg

hey there, will there be another indiana jones movie with mr. ford playing indiana jones again? thank you for being such a great actor. clyde north carolina

October 26, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  146. Geoffrey

Good afternoon,

Is there any role other than Indiana Jones that you would ever like to reprise? Thank you,

Geoff

October 26, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Reply
  147. william grieve

Hi Harrison

I would like some fashion advice. As a slightly older but still very cool and very masculine man, what do you wear in the weekends? Just when you go down to the shops with your wife? There comes a time when hoodies and T-shirts don't quite do it. What feels good for you?

Cheers

William

October 26, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  148. Canyon

Dear Harrison

Firstly, I would like to introduce myself. My name is Stella and I am know by the name of Canyon in the Indyfan community.

I would just like to thank you for being my favourite actor and for bringing the character of Indiana Jones to life. Your portrayal of the archaeological adventure was nothing short of magnificent.

My question is, when you first played Indy at the very beginning, did you have any idea just how popular the character would become?

Love
    Stella a.k.a. Canyon

October 26, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  149. Scott

Hello Harrison!

I've always been a big Raiders of the Lost Ark fan and just wondered if it was as much fun to make as it was to watch?

There was about a 20 year span between Indy films (1989-2008). If you had to do it over, would you have filmed more sequels during that time?

What gives you the greatest amount of joy outside of your work?

What kind of legacy do you wish to leave behind?

You have had a great career in film! Much happiness in the future!

October 26, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  150. Jim Cherico

Hi Harrison, Just wondering how your son Chris is doing, Is he still a chef. I went to school with your son at the California Culinary Academy and I was one of your waiters at Chris's Graduation at the Academy.Jim(Kids English teacher in Japan)

October 26, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Reply
  151. Marcel Galcek

Hi mr.Harrison Ford my name is Marcel Galcek and i am from Slovakia in Central Europe.I have 27 years.One question:I know will Indiana Jones 5 in 2012 or later.On my profile in Facebook is my collection of Indiana Jones my profile name is Marcel indiana Galcek.bye and good health please write me.

October 26, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Reply
  152. Marcel Galcek

Mr.Harrison i am great fan indiana jones and i have toys,posters,t-shirts,dvd,hats,whips,You can see on my profile in facebook.please looking for this thank you bye

October 26, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Reply
  153. Steve

Hello Mr. Ford,
    Do you collect or recieve any of the licenced merchandise from your Indiana Jones or Star Wars films?

Steve from Calgary, Alberta Canada

October 26, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Reply
  154. Jeff M.

There are a lot of people that love the jacket from Raiders of the Lost Ark and the subsequent films. Many companies make and sell copies of this jacket, from Wested Leather in England to US Wings in the USA to many others, and there is some debate as to the maker of the jacket you wore in Raiders.

Do you know who made the jacket that you wore in Raiders of the Lost Ark? Was it Leather Concessionaires, now Wested, or Neil Cooper? Also, what was your favorite jacket design out of all the films, as they are all a bit different from one another.

October 26, 2010 at 9:55 pm | Reply
  155. OGECHUKWU

Good Day! Mr Ford. You are a great man indeed. Please i would like to know how you where able to combine lecturing and acting.I enjoy your films especially 'INDIANA. I'm a Historian writing from Nigeria.

October 26, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  156. Trotski (UK)

Are 'Edge of Human'/' Night of the Replicant' on the cards? and if so, who would Vangelis create the soundscape?

October 26, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Reply
  157. Trotski (UK)

...oh and why did Carrie Fishers accent pitch change from rolling english (Star Wars; A New Hope/Empire Strikes Back) and fully fledged american by the time 'Return of The Jedi' hit the screens?

October 26, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Reply
  158. A.Wellner

Dear Mr. Ford,

would you do fight scenes again in a new Indiana Jones movie?

I love your performance and acting! You're the best actor and I'm a big fan of for life!!

Thank you for all you,ve given.

Best wishes from Germany.

October 27, 2010 at 1:02 am | Reply
  159. Cash M Ficke

Mr. Ford I am a big fan first of all have you been to Egypt. If you have what did you think and second will there be another Indiana Jones in the saga? Thanks

October 27, 2010 at 3:11 am | Reply
  160. Max

Tell us something pertaining to your life (personal or professional) that very few people know and/or would expect.

Thanks and looking forward to Morning Glory and Cowboys and Aliens!

October 27, 2010 at 3:49 am | Reply
  161. John Cruise

Hello Mr Ford, how would you feel if an unknown like myself had a solid script outline for Indy 5 and how could I get it to you the powers that be?
    Many thanks, John

October 27, 2010 at 3:56 am | Reply
  162. Brandon Lail

Mr. Ford.

I am a huge Indiana Jones fans. Because of my love of the series, I've written a screen play for I what I hope will be Indy 5. My question is – "How the devil do I get it to George Lucas, yourself or Steven Spielberg to review it?" I've written Skip Brittenham and both of yours sons to no avail, though Skip did reply – please ask them if they remember my letters. I have a legitimate screenplay I know you would enjoy.

Everyone needs a break and I'm hoping you read this and grant me an audience.

Thanks much,
    Brandon

October 27, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Reply
  163. Gieor El Galaxy

Call him Dr. Jones, dawg!!

October 28, 2010 at 4:56 am | Reply
  164. Ronald de Boer

Dear Mister Ford.
    I wrote a screenplay and I have a great part for you.
    Will you make this movie with me?

Greetings from the Netherlands.
    Ronald de Boer.

October 28, 2010 at 11:06 am | Reply
  165. Richard Jones

What do you do at home to help the environment?

October 28, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Reply
  166. Carolyn Meyer

Hi beautiful man!

Thank SO much for all you do to help protect the environment and for speaking at the UN Convention for Biological Diversity this week! Our planet is better off because of your efforts and the people on this planet are happier because of your movies!

Why is your greatest accomplishment "surviving"? Is it the fame that drags you down?

I worked on a biodiversity plan today for a mine site and am excited about healing such areas. But your efforts remind me I need to do more for biodiversity in areas of my life other than work, like write my congressmen to have the US ratify the convention. Thanks!

October 29, 2010 at 4:46 am | Reply
  167. Jason

Mr.Ford,
    My son is a member of Cub Scout Pack 358 in Midlothian, Illinois and a life-long friend is a pilot and flight instructor with the Young Eagles Program in nearby Gary, Indiana. I've brought up the idea of going out to the Gary Airport with my son's Scout Pack to attend a day of learning and fun with the Young Eagles where my friend sometimes takes the kids of flights. The boys could then earn an Aviation Badge, one which I'd imagine would be fairly rare among all Scouts. Another benefit is that original members of the Tuskegee Airmen are on hand to pass on their amazing historical experiences to the kids.

If your schedule permits it the kids would love for you to join us for a couple of hours in Gary learning about aviation, earning another badge for their efforts, and for some, taking their very first flights in the process. Your years of experience in and love of aviation would be welcome and the kids would get a real kick out of meeting a familiar film action hero who I'm sure would command their immediate attention.

I do understand you are no longer co-chair of the Young Eagles Program but your recent dediction to it and your obvious admiration for aviation had me thinking that perhaps it would be worth it just to try and write you and give it a shot for the kids.

If this is something you'd be interested in, please contact me at the e-mail address listed. This would be a small, private event with no media of any kind.

Thanks for your time in reading this,
    Jason N. , Posen, IL

October 30, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  168. Jason Lavallee

Hello Harrison!

I have a question and request for you. First, sorry for my bad English, I'm a French Canadian from Quebec.

Because you like fly with your helicopter and your are a pilot of the Millenium Falcon, my question is, would you try Space Ship One in the future or became a another Space Tourist same as Guy Laliberté. Thanks!

My request is, if you want a hat that you wore in Raiders in 1981, I create the ultime replica of this hat and my name on the web is Fedoraiders.

Thank you very much!

Jason Lavallee from Quebec Canada

November 2, 2010 at 10:36 am | Reply
  169. Trotski (UK)

have you ever watched a whole episode of Ally MacBeal without being tied to a chair and having your eyelids taped to your brows?

November 6, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  170. Indiana Jones

Dear Mr. Ford,
    is there going to be a 5th Indiana Jones film? I heard some rumors about it being about the Bermuda triangle is that true?

November 14, 2010 at 8:48 pm | Reply
  171. David Herrera

(I posted this question a while ago, but didn't let my current location)

Hello Junior!

From all the movies you've been in, not necessarily the best, not necessarily the biggest, not necessarily your best performance, but which one you have the fondest memories of, and why?

David Herrera, from Tucson, Arizona!

November 19, 2010 at 12:16 am | Reply
  172. connecttheworld.blogs.cnn.com

Future connector harrison ford.. Super 🙂

April 19, 2011 at 12:20 am | Reply
  173. Cisco Wireless

I feel this is one of the such a lot important info for me. And i am happy studying your article. But should remark on some basic things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is in point of fact great : D. Good job, cheers

July 31, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Reply