Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connector: Seal

October 26th, 2010

With a name like Seal, it's hard to forget who the English born musician is.

Seal is your Connector of the Day.
Seal is your Connector of the Day.

Born in London, England to Nigerian and Brazilian parents, Seal's legal name is Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel. Olusegun means "God is victorious."

Seal began singing during the 1980s and had the odd job in places like Thailand and Japan before returning to London.

His big break came when he met a music producer named Adamski, who gave him the lyrics to a song called "Killer" which was a huge hit in 1991.

Seal's second album was released in 1994 and it included the huge hit single "Kiss from a Rose."

Seal has won a variety of music awards including the BRIT, MTV and Grammy award.

The singer is now out with his seventh album called "Commitment."

Here's your chance to send in your questions to Seal.

Please leave your questions for Seal below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Jan

When are you next in the UK?
    London???

Have to say, loving the tracks

Jan x

October 26, 2010 at 9:41 pm | Reply
  2. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Seal Henry Olusegun Olumide Adeola Samuel and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Seal on the following questions:

– How has your wife Decision for Not being a Victoria's Secret Angel anymore Improve your Music Career?

– How do you and your European, Latin- America and African family Connect and Improve Our World?
    – What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Seal ’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

October 26, 2010 at 9:59 pm | Reply
  3. Jean

Love you, Love your music, admire your wife. Your music is loved by me, my son/wfe and his daughter. It is the only music that plays in the car that we all will agree

Thanks

October 26, 2010 at 11:51 pm | Reply
  4. Todd

Hola from your neighbor in Mexico!

I have a friend of mine who has a place in Las Alamandas near where you and your wife live. She told us a story once about you walking down the beach in Costa Careyes and seeing a wedding going on. To hear her tell it, you asked the wedding party if you could sing a song and then stayed around and joined the party. True?

Also, we just finished building a sustainable home in Puerto Vallarta, is your home in Careyes green? Are you?

October 27, 2010 at 12:04 am | Reply
  5. Amahah Justice

Hello Seal , i am a huge, huge fan. I love your songs and admire you personally. I currently live in Beijing ,China.
    When would you perform in China? You have a huge fan base out here. Please let me know if you have any plans of performing here.

October 27, 2010 at 1:06 am | Reply
  6. Habs

ask a question to Seal, why? who is he? the new Google search engine? .... Kidding... come back to South London mate. All the best

October 27, 2010 at 1:30 am | Reply
  7. Jessica T.

Hi Seal,

I've loved your music for years. I used to be part of the usenet group alt.music.seal and someone who claimed to be you made an appearance occasionally...was that really you? And do you have any plans to work with Trevor Horn again? The music that comes from the two of you together is wonderful...I'd love to hear more!

October 27, 2010 at 2:25 am | Reply
  8. Jessica T.

Hi Seal,

Much love,
    Jessica T.
    San Carlos, California

October 27, 2010 at 2:26 am | Reply
  9. Nan

You and your wife are role models for a healthy intercultural and interracial union. What advice do you have for those of us who are in such relationships...
    Best wishes,
    Nan from Canada

October 27, 2010 at 2:49 am | Reply
  10. Seun

Hello Seal, pls i will like 2 know when u'll come 2 Nigeria? What does it take 2 remain relevant in this highly competitive industry? I like 2 read d reply from u. Seun frm Nigeria odusdegreat35@yahoo.com

October 27, 2010 at 3:05 am | Reply
  11. Nicolai Boyde

You have done one reggae track that I know of: "Where there's Gold" and it was a real awesome authentic reggae song. You have many reggae fans because of that song and I am one.

My question is:

What motivated you to do this 'wicked' reggae tune and do you plan on doing more reggae tracks in future?

Please come to the Air Jamaica Jazz and Blues concert in Jamaica one year. WE LOVE YOU IN JAMAICA.

October 27, 2010 at 3:41 am | Reply
  12. Dharmesh

Hello Seal,

Which is your next upcoming album and your plans for 2011? I must say your OS of Batman Returns still remains a top chart in my list.

Greetings,
    Dharmesh M. Sheth
    Hometown: Mumbai
    Country: India

October 27, 2010 at 5:12 am | Reply
  13. Deniz

HI SEAL! Congrats on your new album. I absolutyely love SECRET.

Do you have any plans to include Turkey in your concert tour?

LOVE FROM ISTANBUL, TURKEY

October 27, 2010 at 6:31 am | Reply
  14. Chris Young

What or who was your inspiration for the fantastic song "Kiss from a Rose?"

Chris Young, Tokyo, Japan

October 27, 2010 at 7:25 am | Reply
  15. Renee

When are you coming to perform in Nigeria????!!! I can't wait!

October 27, 2010 at 7:50 am | Reply
  16. Carlton Davis

Hello Seal,

I hope that you and your family are doing well. I amazed at how you and Heidi handle such a busy schedule with your careers and family. Both of you are quite amazing. Anyway, we have something in common. We are both married to a German woman. My wife and I have three kids.

Take care,
    Wishing you and Heidi continued success,
    Carlton

October 27, 2010 at 7:55 am | Reply
  17. Abimbola Alli

Hello Seal,
    I would like to know which Nigerian musician you would consider collaborating with on a song/album.

Abimbola Alli
    Lagos, Nigeria

October 27, 2010 at 8:10 am | Reply
  18. Björn Svenhard

Dear sir,

I liked your productions during the eighties; are You considering new releases of music anytime soon?

Björn Svenhard, Stockholm, Sweden

October 27, 2010 at 8:25 am | Reply
  19. Mia

Hi Seal

Will you be coming to South Africa anytime soon?
    We desperately want to see you perform!
    Love your music!

Mia
    South Africa

October 27, 2010 at 9:38 am | Reply
  20. Albion M. Butters, Transcendent Nation Foundation

Would you consider doing a video interview for our non-profit on the question of 'how to save the world'? A quick search of our name will show you what we're up to, trying to engage people like yourselves who have committed to the future to raise consciousness and effect some meaningful change.

And thank you for everything you have done, creatively and with all the other charities. Your music rocks and you are making a difference!

October 27, 2010 at 9:39 am | Reply
  21. Andrew Luck

Hi seal, hope you are having a good day.

My question is can you write some songs to make people realise to save this beautiful gaia we live on. Maybe people might think when they are hurting this living being and try to go back to being symbiotic and not the parasites we are becoming. This earth is surely alive and slowly fading. Maybe if you write some beautiful songs we might realise to save ourselves and this Earth. Time is short, i hope you can reach the masses and maybe we'll be alive in the next century.
    From a fellow musician on the road in Asia.

Peace and love bro, Andy x

October 27, 2010 at 10:07 am | Reply
  22. Alex Duru

I would like an answer to the following questions:

– Have you ever been to Nigeria?

– I sense that you dont like connecting to Nigeria.

October 27, 2010 at 11:05 am | Reply
  23. Other Dave

What's your favourite fish?

October 27, 2010 at 11:38 am | Reply
  24. George

G'day Seal,

I attended your last Sydney(Australia) tour last year and it was magic. I still have some video recordings of your magical show downunder. When are you touring downunder(Australia) again. I will ask the Girls not to pinch your butt this time....:-).

October 27, 2010 at 11:39 am | Reply
  25. ajayi olubunmi

Seal why have u not in lime light for a long time?

October 27, 2010 at 11:51 am | Reply
  26. Douglas Phelan

Seal,

You and your wife have gotten to travel the world. Do you see the effects of Peak oil on the world economies and how are you preparing for increasing energy wars now taking place?

October 27, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Reply
  27. Rasheed Mohammed

Hi Seal,
    I'v been very inspired by your work and i real admire that job but please would you kindly relate to us some of the challenges that you have encountered in this music industry?

Zanzibar, Tanzania.

October 28, 2010 at 4:37 am | Reply
  28. uzoma Nigeria

Hi there Segun,

Want to know when you will be coming to Nigeria to honor a show and how can you help the music industry in Nigeria, particularly popularizing it in Europe ?

Uzoma, Nigeria

November 2, 2010 at 6:34 am | Reply
  29. rita

i love ur music and i wish u the best

November 2, 2010 at 8:58 am | Reply
  30. Le Quy

Seal, what is the ideas of becoming an ideal husband?

Thanks,

Le Quy- London, UK

November 2, 2010 at 10:46 am | Reply
  31. annette

hi seal your songs are so inspiring, where do you get your inspiration from and do you have any thing against working with unknown singers and song writers, I am doing a music and singing course at uni, at the moment it is group work. But i do a little song writing and i would like to compose something i am working on which i would love to hear you singing. I live in london england uk

November 3, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Reply