Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Monday's Connector: Keith Richards

November 2nd, 2010

Rock musician Keith Richards is part of one of the most recognizable bands on the planet - "The Rolling Stones."

Keith Richards is your Connector of the Day.

Keith Richards is your Connector of the Day.

The English guitarist was one of the founding members of the band and went on to write and record hundreds of songs, many of which have gone on to become classics.

Born in 1943 in Dartford, Kent, Richards was influenced by the music of Billie Holiday and Duke Ellington as a child and quickly found himself learning to play the guitar.

Richards first met fellow "Rolling Stones" band mate Mick Jagger while attending the same primary school, but it wasn't until a chance encounter a few years later that the two started talking about music.

By 1962, Richards and Jagger had also met Brian Jones and Ian Stewart and it was in April of that year that the foursome became known as the "Rolling Stones."

Richards and Jagger played an instrumental role in the writing of countless songs and the pair soon took primary control of the group.

Richards has been writing, recording and performing with the "Rolling Stones" for nearly five decades and still isn't stopping.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by one of the most influential musicians of our generation.

Please leave your questions for Keith Richards below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

You can also send in your questions via our Facebook page at www.facebook.com/cnnconnect. Be a fan to see special behind the scenes shots of Keith from our interview.

1. Tom McDonnell

Hey Keith,
    What's your favorite Rolling Stones song?

November 2, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Reply
  2. kathy

how did your head injury and the illness of your wife affect you and your way of looking at things, writing, etc? btw, i love you!!! i may be old but i am not dead yet!

November 2, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  3. Nate

Do you think there is a diminishing amount of talent in Rock 'N Roll music these days?

Nate
    Boston, MA

November 2, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  4. Alex

Talk is cheap stands the test of time! Any chance you'll reunite with the likes of Steve Jordan & Sarah Dash? If so can u send a ticket!?

November 2, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  5. D, UK

Why are you still alive after all these years of drugs, alcohol and partying?

November 2, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Reply
  6. Pedro Maia

what's your favorite car?

Pedro
    Portugal

(but working and living in Lybia)

November 2, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Reply
  7. Roy Reed

Keith who are your favourite U.K bands of the 60s and whyare they your favourite bands.

November 2, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  8. Jonathan

Hi Keith,

What is the rationale behind the 5 string Telecaster?

All the best and much respect for an amazing journey!!

J.

November 2, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Reply
  9. Jonas V. Kirkegaard

Is being a living legend overrated or really cool?

Jonas, Copenhagen, Denmark

November 2, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Reply
  10. PH

What are your top 3 favorite bands from the current period?

November 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  11. David

OK Keith – I know you have done this before and I know you don't want to answer; but tell us the truth – how many? (girls that is)

November 2, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  12. Rasa Mockutė

Hi Keith,
    Any advice for the younger people like me who still like Rock and Roll and play guitar?

Rasa
    Lithuania

November 2, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  13. Kat

Hi Keith,
    Do you believe that if you could spend lots of time together with Mick like
    you did in the 60's, the outcome would be better Stones songs?

November 2, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Reply
  14. Hoagmeister

Hi Keith, I'm a fan from Vancouver, Canada. As interesting as your music is, I'm curious about your hobby: library sciences. Have you ever considered doing a degree in it? Or have you already done so?

November 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Reply
  15. bobdrob

Whatever happened to the Gram Parsons tapes? Would you consider doing a C&W project either around the GP material, or just a plain ol' honky-tonk collection? PS, I hereby volunteer to curate the collective Stones tapes archive...

bobdrob
    melrose, MA

November 2, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Reply
  16. Dan

Hello Keith,
    Do you think that the group will ever go back to the simple rock and roll that brought you to the dance. So much is over produced and polished these days. It would be refreshing to hear some pure backbeat , two guitars, bass and drums rock and roll. AC/DC is about as close as we get to the roots these days. Stay healthy. We need you.
    Dan

November 2, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  17. Mark

Hello Keith.

I was wondering if you'd briefly share your thoughts on the music of Neil Young. Especially when he plays with Crazy Horse.

I've always seen certain parallels between your music (both with and without the Stones) and his music ( both with and without Crazy Horse).

Speaking of his music without Crazy Horse, did you ever see his performance of "Rockin' In The Free World" on "Saturday Night Live" when he was playing with certain Wino friends of yours? It was a quite a number to say the least.

Hope to see the Stones back on the road some time soon. Regards, Mark. NYC.

November 2, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  18. gh maasri

would you like to come to beirut, lebanon and play with some local musicians and hang out for a couple of days? and maybe get the rest of the band with you?

November 2, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  19. Jim Dakota

Germany here.
    Do you still do a blood wash once a year as reported by the media?

November 2, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Reply
  20. D Russia

I was at the Moscow Russia Show several years ago.
    What would be your biggest recommendation to a young group today where the music industry is so much different than before.

Now it seems like you needs a ton of money to start?
    In 62 what was the cost of studio time?

November 2, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Reply
  21. Francisco Misle

Keith , how can you explain your ability to teach the ancient form of wavin g to Brian , mick taylor and ronnie , getting great results with the three of them

November 2, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  22. Marcel Schmitt

If you were to be an animal, which one would you chose? :o))

November 2, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Reply
  23. Lisa

Keith,

Please end the mystery! On the 45 rpm "Child of the Moon", what does the (rmk) after it stand for?

Your book is fabulous.

Thank you for providing the soundtrack to my life with your music for all these years!

Lisa in Nashville

November 2, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  24. Phil Nola

I understand you have an extensive guitar collection. do you ever get the urge to "do an Elvis" and give some away(as he did with cars)??Hey can't hurt to ask!! keep rockin!!!

November 2, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Reply
  25. Ljubica

Keith,

when are u and the Rolling Stones coming to put on a best gig in ypur life in Skopje, Macedonia,? I have chosen the site (City Stadium , Skopje, sits 30000) now it's up to you to chose the date...It will be my Life's dream fulfilled....

Ljubica, Skopje, Macedonia

November 2, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Reply
  26. ash

hi am all the way in australia, youve had a good life, some ups and downs , the life of a pop star must be hard to do , somebody if your face every second , can even imagine how that would feel , your a bloke so i presume you wouldnt have minded women falling at your feet , anyhow thanks for entertaining me over the years we appreciate you and the other guys .. enjoy

November 2, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Reply
  27. Oleg

Good day, Keith!

Who's your favourite Beatles?

Best, Oleg

November 2, 2010 at 8:30 pm | Reply
  28. Keith

What open tunings do you use besides the key of G – and E.

November 2, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Reply
  29. Tony Only

Your music has defined rock and roll, spawned genres and yet still revolves around your rhythm and blues influences. For this influence, you has said you continue to go back to these musicians, Scotty Moore, The Coronets, Chuck Berry, The Heatbunnies, Big Bill Broonzy, etc. Do you still find this to be the case? Or are there more contemporary musicians that you listen to, in addition to these classics. If so, who?

November 2, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  30. David Clark

What do you think was your best concert?

November 2, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Reply
  31. Bob Runge

Hey Keith:

Remember Long Hill Farm in North Brookfield, MA in 1983? My sister's mother in law owned the package store you guys used to go to on Main Street.

November 2, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Reply
  32. Tiana

you are 67, lean and full of energy: touring, climbing trees...what's the secret?

November 2, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  33. James

I am an amateur photographer and occasionally I will go back and edit a photo because I now realize how I can make it better. No one knows my work so I can. If you could change any of your songs (lyrics or music), in your mind making it better, magically without anyone knowing, would you? If yes which one and how would you change it?

Come to the Philippines on your next world tour. Please!!!!!

Thanks
    Jim

November 2, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  34. Caroline

Hi Keith,

loved the Stones since I was a teen (am now 45). I want to know the secret of why you still enjoy what you do after so many years? And, I know you love "Exile" (so do I) , how do you feel about "Emotional Rescue" and "Some Girls"? Caroline

November 2, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Reply
  35. tom burton, london

Keith, thanks for the music.

We know you're indestructible so – apart from a sound constitution – you must be eating properly too.

What's your secret for making the best shepherd's pie?

November 2, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Reply
  36. Frankie Connolly

Hey Kieth, I remember when you guys played the Ulster Hall, here in my hometown of Belfast. Gig was abandoned after about ten minutes due to absolute pandemonium.
    Anyway, other than the Stones, whose records have turned you on the most; is there someone who stands out, to whom you will always listen, no matter what?
    Frankie Connolly,
    Belfast

November 2, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Reply
  37. Gin

Hello Keith,
    I saw my first show in Montreal in 1965.(i got a black-white picture of that night)
    Please come back on the road because I am gettin old now!!!
    Love your Life!!
    Love you
    Gin,
    from Val-David
    north-Québec

November 2, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Reply
  38. Yiannis

Hello, Keith

Can you name five great contemporary guitar players?

Yiannis
    Athens, Southern Europe

November 2, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  39. Astrid ( from the Netherlands)

Hey Keith,

thank you and the other Stones for all the great music! My first question is: would you do it all over the same if you had the choice? My second question is: do you still have dreams and wishes?

Keep on rocking!
    Astrid.

November 2, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Reply
  40. Mary

Hi Keith

Your book was a great read, what's the best holiday you've had with the family in America, off the beaten path.

American expat in the Philippines

November 2, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Reply
  41. Thomas Morysoniuk

Dear Mr. Richards,

A big fan of the Rolling Stones since childhood, e,g, over 35+ years already. Thank you very much for such an amazing assortment of wonderful music all these years!

You've made it to Prague, Warsaw and Moscow, so please consider a Rolling Stones concert in Kiev, Ukraine! It would be an honor and a pleasure to see the Rolling Stones rock this ancient, Golden Domed City! And just like the Beatles once sang, those Ukraine Girls really can knock you out!

Thank you kindly for your attention and respectfully yours,

Thomas Morysoniuk
    Kiev, Ukraine

November 2, 2010 at 10:49 pm | Reply
  42. Sam

Greetings Mr. Richards,

As somebody initially influenced heavily by black American music (i.e. Robert Johnson, Muddy Waters, Howlin' Wolf, Chuck Berry, etc.), what are your thoughts concerning the continuing (over the past decades, really) of more and more African American musical artists abandoning their "blues" roots in favor of rap, hip-hop, etc.? I've read of Taj Mahal's disappointment that fewer African Americans embrace the beauty and power of the blues. Gregg Allman, in my opinion one of the greatest blues singers, has gone so far as to call "rap" a shortened form of a less-than-desirable word. What's your opinion?

Thanks and best regards from Frankfurt, Germany!

Sam C.

November 2, 2010 at 10:51 pm | Reply
  43. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Keith Richards and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Keith Richards on the following questions:

– How will you as Captain Teague, the father of Captain Jack Sparrow, Improve the latest Walt Disney Pictures film Pirates of the Caribbean?

– How will you as an English guitaris Improve the latest Guitar Hero Music Video Game for the Sony PlayStation, Microsoft Xbox, Nintendo Wii and Apple IPad?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Keith Richards’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

November 2, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Reply
  44. Fonzie

Keith, when can I get some guitarlessons from you? I live in the Netherlands.

November 2, 2010 at 10:55 pm | Reply
  45. Remy VIAL

Hi Keith
    Any chance for a new album and a new tour?
    Thks
    Remy

November 2, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  46. Anthony

Hey Keith – Will you ever get the X-Pensive Winos back together?

Look forward to reading the new book,
    Anthony

November 2, 2010 at 11:02 pm | Reply
  47. gloria

Hi Keith, remember you from 1964 with C'mon. Stood behind your band or group as it was known on Ready Steady Go August 1964. Had mick's Autograph on coat ticket but had to give it in to get my coat. I was also there at Hyde Park 1969.

November 2, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Reply
  48. ben tiernan

hi keith,
    what song or singer hit you like a bolt out of the blue as a kid, and made you want to go in to music.
    ben
    dublin

November 2, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  49. Joe - Toronto

We love you in Toronto, man. How did we become your "rehearsal" city where you kick off all your world tours?

November 2, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Reply
  50. Rick Tardif

Can I bring my guitar and hang out for a week at your place in Jamaca?
    That would be sooooooo cooooool!!!

November 3, 2010 at 12:26 am | Reply
  51. Sandra

Would you consider yourself a Buddhist – meant in an ideological non-religious way?

November 3, 2010 at 12:57 am | Reply
  52. Sandra

Would you consider yourself a Buddhist – meant in an ideological, non-religious way?
    Sandra (living in Providenciales,Turks & Caicos Islands)

(sorry for the repeat, I forgot to mention where I lived in my former posting)

November 3, 2010 at 1:09 am | Reply
  53. Raul Garcia

First of all, thanks. You played the best guitar riffs I´ve ever heard, played with the best band and have a great personallity. My question is : How do you want to be remembered by your fans?

PS You have a friend in Playa del Carmen, thanks again.

Raul

November 3, 2010 at 1:21 am | Reply
  54. Catherine

Keith,
    I was a shy, lonely kid in school in 1979 when the Stones blew my mind. The music gave me the lift I needed to hold my head up. Thanks for getting me through the roughest years of my life. Love you guys.

November 3, 2010 at 1:23 am | Reply
  55. Andy

Hello Mr Richards,
    ....."Stray Cat Blues" ... uhmm – just wondering!

November 3, 2010 at 1:46 am | Reply
  56. Moe C.

Hello Keith, Thank you for all the years of some of the best guitar licks you created, and also for keeping the Stones Rolling. You are The reason I picked up a guitar, and I now have a Telecaster tuned in open G and have learned some of your Licks, Also thanks to you and the Stones, I have learned about the blues (Thank You!) – On that note, my question is, out of all of the Blues greats you have met and/or played with over the years, Is there on in particular who affected you the most, especially after meeting them in person?
    Thank You Keith.

Moe
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada.

November 3, 2010 at 1:52 am | Reply
  57. aatami

Was there conflict with Brian that led to his seeming marginalization in the band previous to his ouster?

November 3, 2010 at 2:52 am | Reply
  58. Frank Perry (Melbourne Australia)

Keith,

Did the Rolling Stones ever record at the following studios:
    Chess
    Sun
    Muscle Shoals

If so which songs?

Regards,

Frank

November 3, 2010 at 2:58 am | Reply
  59. Cian

Hi Keith,

I read in the book "Cork Rock: From Rory Gallagher To The Sultans of Ping" that you nearly recruited Rory Gallagher for the Rolling Stones.

Do you wish that Rory Gallagher had joined the band?

Thanks!
    Cian
    Ireland

November 3, 2010 at 3:00 am | Reply
  60. Luke

Hey Keith, the second side of between the buttons is to me in and of itself one of the best sets of recordings ever. Something I've always wanted to know is "Something happened" about any particular event and if so what the hell is it? thanks

Hawaii

November 3, 2010 at 3:58 am | Reply
  61. Raúl Zorrilla Ovalle

In your collaboration with Mick I have always thought of him as mainly the lyric writer and you as the music composer, ¿is that right, at least in the 60´s? For example, in three of my favorite songs: “Under my Thumb”; “Paint it Black” and “Gimme Shelter” ¿who did what? Thanks Keith and I hope you come again to South America soon (I´ve seen you three times already).

November 3, 2010 at 4:02 am | Reply
  62. Jeffrey NYC

First of all, thanks for your generosity in sharing so much amazing history with all of us (yes – you are a piece of living history mate!)

Where does your drive to still perform come from? Is it still inspiring? What do you yearn for from the smoky club days of yore (when you could still f'ing smoke in a club!)?

How are you different as a musician today than ten, twenty, thirty years, forty years ago?

Lastly, what new (or old) music are you tapped into these days and would you consider mentoring me?

Thanks Keith!

November 3, 2010 at 4:21 am | Reply
  63. mildred

DO U MIND GIVING ME A COPY OF UR BOOK?! PLEASE GIVE ME ONE .. THANKS!!!

November 3, 2010 at 4:33 am | Reply
  64. Frank

Hi Man, what's the size of your CD and vinyl collection these days? Could be in the thousands?
    It's great to ask you this now; great to ask you this any time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha! ha!

November 3, 2010 at 4:33 am | Reply
  65. joe

Hey Keith,

will the queen ever 'knight you' like Paul Mccartney..

November 3, 2010 at 4:48 am | Reply
  66. Randy

Hi,

How many times do you think you've played 'satisfaction'?

Michigan USA

November 3, 2010 at 4:49 am | Reply
  67. Gary

Keith,

I learned of the Itals from you. I can't get enough of them. What was your first exposure to Reggae?
    Cheers,

Gary

November 3, 2010 at 4:53 am | Reply
  68. Alastair

iHi Keith
    Really appreciated you music.

In your years of music, what is the best trend in music today and what has been los since you started?
    cheers
    Alastair
    PS: if you are ever on Vancouver Island BC Canada, please stop by
    250 748 3274

November 3, 2010 at 5:31 am | Reply
  69. ybico

Keith,
    When will you come to Peru with your band?
    Besides playing your music, you could visit Machu Picchu and Mick could be your tour guide in our forest. He already was around here in 1982 trying to get his part done in the movie "Fitzcarraldo"
    By the way, I heard "you don't move me" and is...muy bueno!!!

November 3, 2010 at 5:43 am | Reply
  70. Bruce Joyce

I use to think it was so funny when you visited Australia you always
    wanted to see a "Map of Tassie" !!!!! Have a beer ready on your next tour "Downunder".

November 3, 2010 at 5:43 am | Reply
  71. M.C

Hey Keith,

If you had 3 people to invite over for dinner who would you invite (living or dead) and why?

November 3, 2010 at 6:37 am | Reply
  72. Enrique Morera

Good day Keith,
    Which music you listen when you are relaxed at home?

November 3, 2010 at 7:54 am | Reply
  73. Ken

Keith: Been a fan from the beginning. Which song of yours that you had thought was a "dog" but was accepted as a public fave? And has this reaction changed your mind about it? Keep at it, bro!

November 3, 2010 at 8:34 am | Reply
  74. jamal al-husseini

hi Keith

Of the super groups how would you rank the following:

-Cream
    -the Rolling Stones
    -the Beatles
    -Led Zepplin
    -the Yardbirds

and by the way, You are one of the best guitarists ever

November 3, 2010 at 9:01 am | Reply
  75. Fred

Please, please, tell us that at least once, you lost your head and just flat out kicked Jagger's ass.

November 3, 2010 at 9:03 am | Reply
  76. Eric

How do you feel about Justin Bieber becoming more famous than the Rolling Stones and the Beatles?

November 3, 2010 at 9:15 am | Reply
  77. justin sears

What was ever your worst moment with Sir Mick, and what did you learn from it?

November 3, 2010 at 9:22 am | Reply
  78. justin sears

and a quick ps to my last question: would have nutting him have helped?

November 3, 2010 at 9:25 am | Reply
  79. Gilles

Hello from Barcelona!! Keith, congratulations on your new book. In your view what makes a song a great song? Is it the riff pattern, the melody, the lyrics...?

November 3, 2010 at 9:25 am | Reply
  80. glenn

My vote for best Stones album ever is Exile on Main Street, followed by Get Your YaYas Out. Whis was your favorite?

Glenn in Trinidad and Tobago

November 3, 2010 at 10:21 am | Reply
  81. William Zies

Hello Keith,

You and the STONES put on an awesome performance in Japan a few years back. Do you and the band have plans to return to Nagoya, Tokyo and Osaka? Looking forward to your next World Tour!

William
    Nagoya, Japan

November 3, 2010 at 10:27 am | Reply
  82. Jennifer Hottarek

From Wuerzburg, Germany:
    Why has anyone under 40 seemingly lost touch with the kind of music played by real people with real instruments?

November 3, 2010 at 11:04 am | Reply
  83. Mark Boesten

Hello Keith,

Is there any chance we get "Run Rudolph Run" and "The Harder They Come" on an official CD from you in the near future? I've got an official download of "Run Rudolph Run" from a few years ago, but "The Harder They Come" is only available on vinyl.
    Perhaps you can make these songs available on a special CD-single through KeithRichards.com around Christmas this year!

Mark
    Holland

November 3, 2010 at 11:44 am | Reply
  84. David Soares

Best guitarist to play with the Stones: Brian, Mick, The Horror, or you?

November 3, 2010 at 11:52 am | Reply
  85. David Gilbert

Hey Keith...I first saw stones in Ft Collins Colo in 1969. You guys played with BB King. Also saw you in Ft Collins in 1975, with Rufus, and Charlie Daniels. Then saw you in Boulder, 1986 , I think. Then I saw Voodoo Lounge in Denver, 1994, then in 1999, at McNichols arena, Denver, then in 2006, in Denver at Pepsi Center, then at River Plate , Buenos Aires, 2006. My favorite was Hughes stadium, when you played with Rufus. Billy Preston was dancing with Mick on the stage, and Mick sprayed everyone with water from a gian hose. It was really hot, July. I want to know this...if you could exchange your licks with any blues guitarist...who would it be???

November 3, 2010 at 11:55 am | Reply
  86. vincent

Keith:

Now that you have done the Exile re-release project, when will you and the Stones be opening the vaults of unreleased material, as Bob Dylan and Neil Young have been doing in recent years?

November 3, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  87. Johnny Homer

Hi Keith,

Is it true that Wendy Richards was your Sister? I used to love her on 'Are you being Served'.

If its true I'm sorry for your loss... if its not I'm sorry for the question.

JH

November 3, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Reply
  88. Jesus Gilberto - Brazil

Do you play guitar with the same pleasure the beginning? Thanks, []s

November 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Reply
  89. LizO

Keith – love you.
    I heard that one of your favorite reads was Will and Ariel Durant's 'Civilization'. Any other history-related books you particularly enjoyed/ could recommend?

November 3, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Reply
  90. Alexis

Love your music, love it, love it. Is there a song you personally wish you'd never ever have to play again on stage? And is there a song you wish YOU'D written, that's by someone else?

November 3, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Reply
  91. Andrew - Perth, Australia

Keith, mate, your music is sublime, and will be a legacy for many generations into the future. One thing I love about you is your humour, you are one funny mother. I am sure you have put Mick in his place 100's of times, what...and I know there are plenty, is the best "Earth to Mick" line, joke or incident you have said. I love Mick too, but now and again Princess Mick comes out to play I am sure...how have you best stopped him in a funny way.
    Man, if you even read this I will die a happy man...also, are you going to donate your body to science. Be sure get that wierd German doctor who does autopsies on TV to do a special on you...can imagine him looking at your liver and going..."it is made of pig iron, no wonder". (Say in a German accent). Love your work....Cheers Andrew

November 3, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Reply
  92. Paul R

Keith-enjoying "Life" so far....great stuff!
    What is liklihood the Stones will record and tour in 2011/2012 considering you are coming up to 50 years as a band?
    Paul, Boston, MA

November 3, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  93. Diego Gonzalez

Dear Keith,

What is the most expensive [recreational] drug that you ever enjoyed? and the least expensive?

Any tips for hangovers? Soup or gatorade?

Cheers from Maracaibo, Zulia

November 3, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  94. Ron

Do you ever feel it would have been better musically speaking to keep Mick Taylor in the Stones?

November 3, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  95. ellen conserva

When are you coming to Thailand? Your niece, Nikole, wants to fly out here and take me to one of your concerts. We need to make plans!!!
    Ellen, Thailand

November 3, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  96. Rick Pulliam

Keith,

With the evolution in music, will you still be played another 50, 75 years from now, your thoughts?

November 3, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Reply
  97. Gretel

...no question from Germany. Would just like to applaud your, Mick's, and Charly's rinkles. Keep them and please do never hand them out to a skin-cutter :-).

November 3, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Reply
  98. Antonio

Hi Keith,
    Greetings from Portugal,
    Is time still on your side?
    Antonio L

November 3, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Reply
  99. Spiros Zarkalis

The quality of music being produced now can't really be compared to the music that the Stones make, but are there any newer bands you're a fan of?

Spiros Zarkalis,
    Greece

November 3, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Reply
  100. Yolanda Drakapoulos

What did you tell Peter Tosh on the phone from Montego Bay that got him to move out of your house in Ocho Rios so quickly after he swore he wasn't going to come out?

Kingston, Jamaica

November 3, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  101. SusanA

You're a man who has seen everything and can buy anything. What makes you happy?

p.s. I have a friend who worked with you on Talk is Cheap. He has good memories of those sessions. Thanks.

Susan in Memphis.

November 3, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Reply
  102. Hollie Campbell

Over the span of your musical career, who have you enjoyed jamming with the most, outside of the Rolling Stones.

November 3, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Reply
  103. Mark-USA

What is it like to be dead?

Is God really white?

In my mind I've always pictured him as a Portuguese fisherman.

November 3, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Reply
  104. Pat Jackson

Just want to say THANKS for the music! And that Let It Bleed is my favorite go to: album, cassette or cd 🙂

November 3, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  105. Massimo Bonanno

Congs for your book, a truly great reading!
    Any chance to hear another raw, basic sounding killer album, like you did later in the 60's/early in the 70's? Thanks and cheers!

November 3, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Reply
  106. Raul Zorrilla Ovalle

SANTIAGO-CHILE

November 3, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Reply
  107. Moe C.

Keith,

Is there any particular song from another artist that made you say to yourself " I wish I wrote that, that should be a Stones Song", or do you have an actual favorite song, whether it is one of your creations or not?

Another question I have, If I may – Are you still friends with the Great Chuck Berry?. Good to see he is still out doing his thing at 84, I hope you are still out doing your thing at 84 as well!!

Moe C,
    Calgary, Alberta, Canada

November 4, 2010 at 3:25 am | Reply
  108. Magda

Keith, do you have pain in your fingers? I have the same problem.

November 4, 2010 at 10:16 am | Reply
  109. Tim

I do hope they get back together. I was in the studio during this 1966 Ed Sullivan Show performance – http://goo.gl/68jVP

November 4, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Reply
  110. Claudia

Dr Mr Richards,
    is it really true to say: The trick is not to live for ever – the trick is to live with yourself forever? Is it this the truth, music/composing brought to you?
    Claudia / Berlin