Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Monday's Connector: P.J. O'Rourke

November 25th, 2010

American P.J. O'Rourke may have one of the most entertaining jobs in the United States - he gets to poke fun at politicians.

O'Rourke is a well-known satirist, journalist, writer, and author of 16 books. He is also well a well-known contributor to publications such as "Atlantic Monthly" and the "Weekly Standard."

The 63-year-old writer is out with a new book called "Don't Vote It Just Encourages the Bastards" which takes aim at the current state of American politics.

O'Rourke analyzes and takes a fresh look through humor some of the most important political debates in American history - everything from health care, bipartisanship to even the subject of democracy itself.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by P.J. O'Rourke.

Do you want to know how he thinks President Obama is doing? Maybe if he were in charge he would run things differently? Are you curious who he thinks will win in 2012?

Please leave your questions for P.J. O'Rourke below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

You can also leave questions via our Facebook page which is www.facebook.com/CNNconnect or by tweeting Becky Anderson at www.twitter.com/BeckyCNN.

1. john

his is right, things need to be done and that does not include the massive spending repulicans. they are the reason for our problems

November 25, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  2. Tad Pole

What I don't understand is why we blame the politicians when in fact WE elect them. Mr. Rourke, my question: Do you think that the intelligence of the average voter could reach a level that is so low that it would forever bar the political system from producing a viable candidate "for the people"?

November 25, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  3. chris mclean

It appears that the political process in america has become an anachronism. There seems to be no new truths and no one courageous enough to tell it like it is............and ironically few who want to hear it. Have we begun the long slide to oblivion as a culture and state that has no answers to the questions posed by the realities of the current world. The king has no clothes..........there is a 7 billion pound elephant in the dinning room and he is awfully hungry.......can population be managed? can government connect to the issues that will decide whether or not we as a species will survive? What do you envision.........a catastrophic collapse........or just a slow slide into oblivian?............and hey i love your stuff........your visit to Jim and Tammy Bakers bible land remains an all time classic ....Keep up the good work

November 25, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Reply
  4. Eric

I'm writing from Morocco where I'm currently a Peace Corps Volunteer.

Hello, I'm in my early twenties and have only been politically aware through the presidencies of Bush and Obama. I volunteered for the Obama campaign and was ecstatic when he was elected. However, now I'm completely disillusioned with politics. I don't feel either side (Dems or Reps) does anything useful and even more troubling, the American public is apathetic. I agree with the title of your new book (although of course I haven't read it) but I want to be more optimistic about the future. Currently, I'm doubting my faith in democracy and the American public. Please give me some hope for the future – that politics will change for the better.

November 25, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Reply
  5. Lance

"Can American politics be saved?" No.

November 25, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Reply
  6. Jeff Nathan

what do you blame most for the current state of american politics? Is it the fact that we are all just a bunch of spoiled brats and don't know how to compromise?

November 26, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Reply
  7. Luis

Why is it in the UK that they are able to form a coaliton out of libdem and conservative, and in the US the two parties won't even speak to eachother. What is the big difference?

November 26, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Reply
  8. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello P.J. O'Rourke and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from P.J. O'Rourke on the following questions:

– How will you Improve fair sports games so that we will Not end up with lip stitches just like Barack Hussein Obama’s lips at Fort McNair?

– How will you Improve STOP SUICIDAL BULLING so that there will be No More Tyler Clementi Suicides worldwide?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting P.J. O'Rourke’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

November 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Reply
  9. Keira

I'd like to ask PJ the following: should Obama be more progressive and leave bipartisanship behind? It's clear Republicans aren't willing to compromise on ANYTHING, so should Obama cater to his more progressive base or continue aiming towards collaboration? Which would benefit him & the Democrats more?

Thanks much!

Keira
    NY

November 29, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  10. FAzil Aboobacker

how is Obama new strategies to make strengthen his policatical forefront Economic Downturn still taking too much time to recover????

December 13, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Reply