Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Here's your chance to quiz Duran Duran

December 13th, 2010

With their signature style and unforgettable sound, Duran Duran left an indelible imprint on the world of pop music.

Songs such as "Notorious" and "When you're hungry" topped the UK charts and turned the group in an international icon of the 1980s.

But their story didn't stop there.

In the last three decades, the group has sold more than 80 million albums, collaborating with some of the inudstry's biggest names and performing mammoth shows around the world for enduring fans.

This month, Duran Duran is joining forces with legendary music producer Mark Ronson.

In their 13th album entitled "All you need is now"

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by Duran Duran.

Please leave your questions for them below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. ron

hi
    i`m from israel.

first the tunes i hear on the net are great and after i heard "the man who stole a leopard" i felt exactly like i felt after "the chauffeur" – totally under a spell.

i have 2 questions:

1- one of the things i always took proud with duran duran is that you are never looking back. and when i heard it will be a new "rio" i was afraid (i am glad to see that my fears are gone now). how do you understand yourself as a band that is around for so long? in regards for sustainability while changing?

2- i think simon is a great lyricist (up there with paul simon , morissy and leonard chohen) , almost an impressionistic painter but with words. can you elaborate about the writing proccess on this album? cause it goes (textually) to the early days, especially the arcadia days.

i will own a copy of the new album as soon as possible.

thanks for keeping soundtracking my life.

December 13, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Reply
  2. Tad

'When you're hungry'?!? A swing, and a miss.

December 14, 2010 at 12:04 am | Reply
  3. Mr

Just one simple question.
    If you could go back and do It all again, what would you change and what would you enjoy doing twice.

Many thanks for the tunes, the style and the vision.

December 14, 2010 at 4:19 am | Reply
  4. Eugene Morin

There is no such song by Duran Duran as 'When Your Hungry"

December 14, 2010 at 4:50 am | Reply
  5. Jennifer

There is a typo in your story. There is no such song "When you're hungry". I am assuming the writer meant "Hungry like the wolf". Just thought I would pass that along.

December 14, 2010 at 4:52 am | Reply
  6. Kristin Widing

Greetings from Aurora, OR. I CANNOT wait for 12/21. The samples of the album I have heard are unbelievable.

Question 1: You were instrumental in the early success of MTV, showing what the medium of music video could do to promote/sell/expose people to your music. If "All You Need Is Now" was your debut, and you had to compete with shows like "Jersey Shore" and "16 and Pregnant" to get eyeballs, what would your strategy be? Are music videos still relevant?

Question 2: What track/album of yours has time/distance made even better for you? Any songs you have taken a listen to recently, only to say, "Wow...I had forgotten how good that is?" (And, I suppose, conversely, any songs that are now too dated for consideration in a tour lineup?) (Not that that is possible.)

So excited for the new album and all the promotion you are doing around it!

December 14, 2010 at 5:00 am | Reply
  7. katie

hi, i'm from new zealand.

duran duran have easily been my favourite band since i first really became aware of you guys, back in 1996. i've travelled to several other cities (i'm from america originally) over the years to see you guys live and i never regret it, you always put on such an amazing show.

and then the album! i managed to sneak a peek at the album (don't worry, i'll be buying it off itunes and at least one physical copy in february) and it's amazing, it truly does manage to be a follow-up to rio without sounding like it's copying it or sounding dated.

aaaaanyway, my question is about concerts. how do you decide where to play? and how do you manage to make even your oldest songs sound fresh and new rather than old and tired?

December 14, 2010 at 5:06 am | Reply
  8. April

I'm writing in from Atlanta, GA.

It's my understanding that Mark Ronson encouraged the use of "vintage" instrumentation for the recording of AYNIN. Did any of you find this at all daunting or was it a welcomed point of navigation for the direction of this record?

Thanks!

December 14, 2010 at 6:13 am | Reply
  9. Duranmajo

Hi, I have a question about I-Tunes. Boys, do you know that in East Europe we cant use I-Tunes for mp3 downloading? We are totally mad that we cant support band. We cant listen your new songs legal way. Its shame! We feel like second class Eauropean. We love your new album, but we cant buy it. Its crazy situation. We cant wait physical CD!

December 14, 2010 at 6:43 am | Reply
  10. Neilio

Hi,
    With the release of physical singles next year, would the band consider including tracks from Medazzaland and Pop Trash as b-sides, perhaps as a taster before reissues on CD and vinyl? I'm thinging particularly of "Mars Meets Venus"and "Big bang generation"?
    Cheers.

December 14, 2010 at 6:52 am | Reply
  11. Joao Paulo

Hello.

I am from Portugal.

I have a simple question:

I loved the 12" extended mixes of the eighties.. it is my opinion that this album deserve mixes like those instead of remixes ( that never liked ).

Is there a possibility that could happen again?

Duran Duran are in my life since I was 12yo.. and I am not the only one to think that their music are important to our lifes.. much more than the success or not.. we don't care of that.. offcourse we would be proud and in extase, to see our favorite band in the charts, but much more important is feel that theri music is made to whom that stayed all the time with Duran Duran: to us.

Joao

December 14, 2010 at 8:31 am | Reply
  12. Kirsten

I'm originally from Maryland; but live in North Carolina now and a Duran Duran fan since seeing Hungry like the Wolf on a non cable TV show (I was a bit later than some of my NYC friends).

First off, thank you all for the magic you have brought into so many lives; but I was wondering what or who do you see as the future of music?

Also, Simon described his duet with the late great Luciano Pavarotti as "a Mega Moment", for John, Nick and Roger please describe your moment.

December 14, 2010 at 11:41 am | Reply
  13. inxs

Hi all

I am from Madrid, Spain

What is the origin of the song "the man who stole a leopard"?

I love your music, i'm wating to buy the cd, release it soooner!!

December 14, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Reply
  14. supervixenJTfan

Have you ever considered a fan-made video contest for one of your upcoming singles? You have inspired so many artists, I'm sure you have plenty of professional-level talent in your Duranie ranks.

And no, I'm not one of the talented ones...so I'm not gunning for a gig. 😉

December 14, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Reply
  15. supervixenJTfan

Oh, I'm from Chicago...sorry!

December 14, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  16. Norville Rodgers

When will we see "Beautiful Colours" released for purchase in the US? It isnt on any album, but it is one your best songs ever. It was used for World Cup Soccer, I believe.

Whoosh!

– Shaggy

December 14, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Reply
  17. Daria

Greetings from Russia!
    For the first I want to thank you for the great work! I listen to your single already 1000 times! It's great!!! And "The Man who Stole a Leopard" I heard on the East Village Radio was amazing!

I have 2 questions:
    1) Do you like St.-Petersburg last year?
    I don't ask about weather. I know it was really bad.

2) Do you love football? I know about Roger. He's fan of Aston Villa (am I right?). And what about Simon, Nick, John , Dom?

Thanks for your attention!

December 14, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Reply
  18. Neilio

Hi – again – sorry for this wanton greed...
    Do you ever take astrology into consideration when choosing release dates?
    Thanks.

December 14, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Reply
  19. Jesper Agrelius

Hello! Ny name is Jesper, soon-to-be 19 years old and I write from a very snowy Sweden!

My questions are: What is your favorite litterature and what are your favorite books? What inspires you to write new songs and is there something that have had a big impact on Duran Duran lyrics?

December 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  20. Noona

DUDES! Haven't seen you live since 1984 in Sydney, when I was but a teen, so I am VERY excited that you are touring in 2011 and I will be able to appreciate the wonder of Duran Duran as an adult.

My question is...will this be your last tour, or do you anticipate going on and on [purely for the benefit of me of course LOL, who missed out on seeing you live in the 90's and 2000's due to life/illness/family etc.
    I CANNOT WAIT for the tour, and hope to be able to meet you to say thank you in person.

Thanks
    Noona

December 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  21. ROGER BELTRAN

Why you guys never do promotion in Mexico, this country love Duran duran.. You guys are welcome here always... From Mexico!!

December 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Reply
  22. Melanie

Shalom from the USA

I was excited to see you were working with Nick Hodgson out of Kaiser Chiefs.
    Did any of the songs with Nick end up on the album?

December 14, 2010 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  23. Kristy

Are you planning on collaborating with Mark Ronson again in the future? Love the new songs (and the beard, Simon!) . 🙂

December 14, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  24. Lindsey

warm greetings from Southern California ...

Simon I need a good book ... what was your favourite this year?

December 14, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Reply
  25. Sandra

Hi,
    I'm from Seattle, WA.
    I want to know if Mediterranea will be in the cd.

Thanks!!

December 14, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  26. Xtina

Will you be touring in the U.S. anywhere near the north west?

December 14, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Reply
  27. Fabiana

Hi there!

This is Fabiana I´m from Buenos Aires, Argentina. First of all, thanks for taking our questions, and most of all, thank you for your music. It has made me happy through most of my life, since I was10.

As many people from countries outside Europe and the US, I could not get your new single through iTunes, since the Argentine iTunes doesn´t have music for download. I was wondering, for future downloads of your music, if you would consider adding to your web site -www.duranduran.com – a direct way to make this downloads possible, as well as your whole discography.

Can´t wait for the tour dates!

Thanks very much.
    XXOOXX

Faby.

December 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  28. Daniel

You guys have worked with many artists/producers exploring many styles to great success. Have you considered trying to infuse some Brazilian music such as bossa nova or modern Brazilian pop?

December 14, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  29. Karen Wilson

I've been a fan since Planet Earth but in 1982 my parents wouldn't let me go see you at the Sydney Entertainment Centre and again on your return to Australia I was in London and then when you were in London twice I was in Sydney (I keep missing you) I really hope to see my first live DD show in 2011! I tried to get tickets to your Odeon gig in Leicester Square and then the theatre it was moved to but it sold out before I could get tickets. I really really really want to come and see you, its just been a case of logistics and then not being quick off the mark to get tickets.

December 14, 2010 at 7:35 pm | Reply
  30. Victoria

Hi, I'm from Argentina so naturally my question is: When does the All you need is now Tour begins? What countries will you be visiting? Are you coming to Argentina.?

I would also like them to tell us the stories behind "The man who stole a leopard" and "Blame the machines."

Thank you for the opportunity!

December 14, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  31. jasen ildefonzo

Your fans need more up to date pictuers and day to day videos of your daly life. I've seen what's out there and I know I can do a better job as a big fan and treat ur fans with the respect u deserve. We need more backstage videos. I want to work for you and devote my time to your craft and music. Please eamil me back.

December 14, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Reply
  32. JK

Writing from Chicago, been a fan since the beginning and very much looking forward to the new release.

Simon, please explain the nuances behind an Ian Fleming martini.

December 14, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Reply
  33. NoonerVox

Guys,
    Can't wait for the drive home for the holidays to rock the new CD! Mark Ronson is looking to prove his hype and that is super exciting! I wish I were so honored.
    Question: The album deep fans wanna hear next is the scrapped, "Reportage". We hear it's on the rock n roll side of your spectrum. You guys do alt, pop, rock, funk, dance, and arena with the best of them. Will that rock get released soon or ever?

Follow Up: Was the timing of Andy's departure, in any way, tied to the scrapping of "Reportage", to then work with Timberlake/Timbaland on "RCM"? (which I seriously dig, btw!)

December 14, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Reply
  34. Jennifer

Simon, I thoroughly enjoyed your India LeBlog. Even in your everyday blogging, you are a great writer. Your descriptions of your surroundings touch all the senses, I just loved it. Please keep sharing your exciting travels. Have you ever thought of writing a book, outside of song writing?

From,
    Jennifer in California

December 14, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  35. Simon Young Roth

are they gonna go back to Asunción 'someday'? got a project, that band is perfect for it, so I keep waiting they will come again...

December 14, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Reply
  36. Alex from Brooklyn, NY

So excited to get the new LP Dec. 21st; from what I've heard I feel like a kid again. Thank you. My question is will we ever see the light of Reportage? Now that you are releasing your material on your own label will this be a possibility?

December 14, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Reply
  37. mario (durancroatia)

Hi
    I am from Croatia.

Any plans of releasing some of your tour documentaries?. What happend to "Drama Americana" ?

December 14, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Reply
  38. iris

Why haven't you choose "night runner " as a single on the red carpet massacre album, if working with Timbaland was obliged to you ? It should be a commercial hit !

December 14, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Reply
  39. Jamie Roberts

Hi Guys,
    Was wondering if you'll be doing some videos for the new CD, in exotic locations, much like the Rio and Seven era.
    Thanks

December 14, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  40. Angela

Hi from Las Vegas, NV (but originally from Birmingham, England ... Sutton Coldfield. Mum used to work down the street from the Rum Runner).

I wanted to ask if any of the songs, over the years of Duran Duran, have been about one of you and/or your situation at that moment?

I also wanted to express to you my appreciation for all that you do! You have to leave your families and your home to come out and tour for us. I know that must be hard at times and I thank you for your sacrifices.You all do marvelous work and I've enjoyed every minute of it. I've been following you ever since you started this wonderful ride back in the day and it never gets old. You all are quite amazing and oh so talented. Duran Duran will ALWAYS be my #1 band and I will follow you always. Please don't ever give it up.

Your fellow Brummie... Angela

December 14, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Reply
  41. kevan Drinkwalter

hello from canada ... after hearing the full album (the interweb is a nasty thing these days when it comes to LAUNCHES / SPLASHES of new material...dont worry tho, i set up an itunes account specifically to purchase and support on the 21st) ...

my only question is ... do you own the rights to past material/cds such as Red Carpet Massacre ... theres a gem there boys ... just fell into the wrong hands ... MR. MARK "THURSTON" RONSON could probably do wonders with it ... you know, slap some guitars/bass and drums on it.

in my opinion he's the only producer of late who understands you. Long may the collaboration continue ... HAH ... i know, AYNIN hasnt officially launched and I'm looking for the next release.

ps ... electroset should be an extended ep one day ... brilliance... or a full cd ... duran duran covers duran duran ... for reals !

December 14, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Reply
  42. Liliam

Hi, I am Liliam from São Paulo, BR

What are the plan for a tour? Is there any chances of having Brazil included on that?

The songs are great – congrats!!!

Rgds, Liliam

December 14, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Reply
  43. Romanduran

Hello all boys from Duran Duran. New album has fantastic songs. My favourite song is "The Man Who Stole A Leopard".. this is song from another world... oh my God, it´s so beautiful... and my question? Will it next single? Best regards from Czech republic, from the heart of Europe.

December 14, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Reply
  44. Slavo

Hi Simon & Nick,
    My name is Slavo (37) and I am form Slovakia.
    I have been a DURAN DURAN fan since I was 10. Duran Duran and media. These two pehomena seem to be inseparable. I know it's a love and hate relationship sometimes and the band seems to reflect this relationship in a very obejective way in some of their songs.

I love Duran Duran's music. I love the way they blend art, style and fashion. I follow the philosophy of life they represent. CNN is my most favourite news channel. Now I welcome the oportunity to see CNN's rockers, as once some labelled the band, answering the fans questions.
    In the 80s before the Velvet Revolution in former Czecho-Slovakia we weren't allowed to watch CNN or MTV. Fortunately, we somehow managed to get Duran Duran's albums and videos. What is more we were lucky enough to see the band in Prague in 1988, which was a year before the fall of communism.
    Duran Duran's music spoke and still speaks louder than hundreds of politicians do. I think for many of us Duran Duran was and still is as influential in our ordinary world as CNN is for the millions of people all over the world.

QUESTION No1: Who is behind the brilliant idea to get Nina Hossain read a fake news story at the end of the song "The Man Who Stole a Leopard"? Did you also consider the idea of getting some of CNN's presneters and newscasters collaborate on the album? 🙂

QUESTION No2: I know it's been a long time but what was it like visiting a communist country (Czecho-Slovakia) for the first time in 1988 and then almost 20 years later in Prague (2005) and Bratislava (2006)?

QUESTION No3: Are you still being followed? :)))

QUESTION No4: What's your most favourite record in your RECORD COLLECTION at the moment? Mine is ALL YOU NEED IS NOW.

QUESTION No5: Do you have any plans to tour Slovakia and The Czech Republic next year? Please, make sure you do.

QUESTION No6: I've heard you are going to make videos for each song from your brand new album "ALL YOU NEED IS NOW". Can Nick reveal any ideas related to the video "SAFE" with Anna Matronic. What would the video be like if he was a video director? What film genre would Nick like to direct in the future?

QUESTION No7: I heard the song "Blame the Machines" was also inspired by real stories in media. Can you also reveal what was behind the lyrics?

Thanx a lot. Have a nice day!

December 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  45. Gene

Recently, Bob Geldoff had mentioned he was responsible for two of the worst songs ever, one being " Do They Know It's Christmas?" Do you as a band regret collaborating on this single?

December 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  46. Gene

P.S. I am from Florida.

December 14, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Reply
  47. Annette

I don't know if this has been asked and I hope it makes sense. 😉

RE: Rock Memorabilia

#1The white suite John Lennon wore on the cover of Abbey Road is expected to go on sale. Is their any Rock or movie memorabilia any member owns and, if yes, can you tell us a little about the story behind it?

#2 Is there a favorite of your own that you have kept like from a video or performance?

Thank you, CNN and Thanks guys!
    Annette, Washington state

December 14, 2010 at 9:14 pm | Reply
  48. Jenny from Texas

Other than your love of music, what is the glue that binds ya'll?

December 14, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Reply
  49. Giorgio

Hi Simon, the bridge in All you need is now you said: and you sway in the mood or in the moon? Thanks, you're always great for me.

December 14, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Reply
  50. Giorgio

from Italy

December 14, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Reply
  51. Slavo

Hi John and Roger,
    My name is Slavo (Slovakia).

I rember having a great conversation with all the members of the band in Prague in 2005. John, Roger and I were discussing political situation in the Ukraine. It was the time of so called Orange Revolution. Are all the members of the band interested in political and economic situation in a far away world?

Some of the songs also reflect political and economic situations of the time and possibly the attitude of the band. Which of the songs appeal to that context most of all? Could you retell any stories behind the lyrics and music of Election Day, Meet el Presidente, Skin Trade, What Happens Tomorrow, Finest Hour, Point Of No Return etc?

Could you describe the process of writing, composing and possibly adding of final touches to your most favourite track on the album "ALL YOU NEED IS NOW?"

Thanks a lot,

Greetings from Slavo & Radka 🙂

December 14, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  52. Starr

Hello boys,

I am from Somerset, NJ and I just gotta say that I love "All You Need is Now" and I am looking forward to the new album when it's released. Was it hard coming up with a melody for the verses against the "interesting" clashing sound of the keyboards with that song? Just from listening, it sounded like it could have been a challenge. Great job, guys!

December 14, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  53. Andrew Di Pardo

I just have one question. Are you ever going to release "Reportage?"

Ps: I can't wait for your new album. From what I heard it sounds awesome.

December 14, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Reply
  54. chris

i am assuming simon and nick will be there so i ask a starstruck moment question: you both met Michael Jackson and Madonna in the heyday, what is your memory of those moments and what do you think of their latest records?

December 14, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Reply
  55. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Duran Duran and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Duran Duran on the following questions:

– What do the words Duran Duran mean?

– How will your new album compete with the other albums such as the famous The Fame Monster album of Lady Ga GA?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Duran Duran’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

December 14, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Reply
  56. Heidi

Hello from Maine!!

I was just currious if there are any plans for a us tour? I would Love to be able to see you guys back In Maine,...my mother wouldn't let me go when you did the Arena tour,....well,im all grown up now,at 37 i don't think she would care.. how about it boys? for me?

I'm so excited about the new album and can't wait to add it to my collection! Keep it up!
    I love you all,
    Heidi

December 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Reply
  57. Anthony

G'Day from Sydney chaps,

Can't wait for the 21st December.

Bravo on the new single and working with Mark Ronson, stunning collaboration.

Who are you working with on the video for All You Need Is Now? When is it released?

Thank you for a lifetime of joy, inspiration and reinvention.

December 14, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  58. andy

hello friends

I think this new album will be very good.
    I suppose that in 2011 began a tour.
    when they came to south america?
    Argentina loves remember DURAN DURAN

see you soon guys

I'm Andy from Buenos Aires

December 14, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Reply
  59. Vanessa Solis

Hi guys!
    My name is Vanessa Solis and I live in the San Francisco Bay Area. I've been a Duranie for about 15 1/2 years. On Thursday, December 16 is my 27th birthday. I am so excited that you guys are releasing a new album in time for my birthday and Christmas! So my question is, what Duran Duran album cover is each member's favorite? And Simon, will you sing "happy birthday" to me? 😉 Thank you!!!

December 15, 2010 at 12:03 am | Reply
  60. candice

Hi, I am 13 years old I liked you sence I was 7 and I am the only one in my school that actually knows and loves you to death. I have a question, I have been wondering on "All You Need is Now" album tour are you coming to Oklahoma City. In December 08, you guy's cancelled because of Nick's ear infection. Can't wait for "All You Need is Now." Love "The Man Who Stole a Leopard." Candice.

December 15, 2010 at 12:09 am | Reply
  61. Saraphina Cisneros

Hi! I'm from Muskegon,MI. I've been a fan for a long time. My question is. As you all are parents, what will you or have you said to your kids about everything you've gone through over the years,good or bad. Say if they approached you and said that they want too do everything you have done. What do you say to them?

December 15, 2010 at 12:56 am | Reply
  62. Michelle

Hello from Biloxi, MS,

I just wanted to say how much I love the music I have heard so far from "All You Need is Now". I think this is, by far, the best Duran Duran album yet. I recently watched the Behind the Music on VH1 of the band and saw how although your album sales have fallen in recent years, the tours still sell out wherever you go (including here!). Do you think that the technology of today has a lot to do with that or is it that many consider the band to be too dated for today's listeners?

I have been a loyal fan of the band since 1983 when I heard "Union of the Snake" and have followed you throughout all the bumps in the road. It's great to see the bond was able to be mended and the work you create can still come to life. Thank you for the nearly 25 years of happiness you have put into my life.

December 15, 2010 at 1:18 am | Reply
  63. Cindi Moulton

Hey Guys
    I am from Colorado. I would like to thank you guys for being a bright light in my life. You have always been so positive. I know that you have touched my heart as well as many others. You guys showed everyone you could be different from all your friends & still be friends with them. I know there is a little of each of you in me. You always make us smile & that is truly a gift. You make people happy when maybe things are not so happy around them.

My questions are what was it like the first time you went to a different country & had the fans sing your songs back to you even though they don't speak or even understand english? You once said the strangest gift you ever got from a fan was a box of sand. Did you ever find out what that was supposed to be & is it still the strangest thing you have ever gotten?
    Again thanks for being you. You are the best & I am proud to be Duranie!!!!

December 15, 2010 at 1:33 am | Reply
  64. Miznalf

"When you're hungry" is not a Duran Duran song title. And since when are song titles in lower caps?

Duran's story sure as hell didn't stop "there" but perhaps the author of this post should stop here!

Poorly written post for a CNN contributor.

December 15, 2010 at 1:38 am | Reply
  65. Miznalf

To the band:
    I've been a Duran Duran fan for the last 17 of my 33 years. I've seen you live 3 times (which it had been more!) and each time you've blown me away. I admire your passion, dedication and perfection after all these years of being in the business.

My questions are:
    1) How are you able to sound so damn good after all the years, going through members coming and going as well as taking breaks from another? There are many bands that span 3 eras of music that can match you!

2) How did you deal with the disappointing sales of some of your records (Medazzaland, Liberty, Pop Trash)?

You guys are the best! Hope to see you on the next tour in Minneapolis, Minnesota!

December 15, 2010 at 1:45 am | Reply
  66. Diego

I would like to ask the band if they plan to release shows on DVD because they are really amazing live and unfortunately not so many live shows were released. Also a collection of every released video clip will be very welcomed by the fans. Any plans to release more songs to the musical video gaming platform? I really love to play DD songs with friends!!!. Can't wait to have the new album!! Come back to Argentina on next tour!! Cheers!!.

December 15, 2010 at 2:10 am | Reply
  67. LauraSTF

Hi there!
    I'm from Wisconsin, but lived in New Zealand for a bit and have been a Durannie since you first started and we were all younger!

Your music has always been fantastic and defined a whole generation, and I must admit, that I'm carrying it on to another generation as my 5 year old loves your songs.

Firstly, I would like to ask what other performers do you (hope) plan on asking to join in with you in future albums?

Finally, aside from a platinum album, what you want for Christmas ?

I'm looking forward to the new album more rabidly than a vampire/werewolf fan!

Thanks for all the great music. It has always meant a lot to me.

December 15, 2010 at 2:34 am | Reply
  68. Liz

Simon, lately you and John have both been tweeting and John's supposedly now on Facebook. What role do you see these sites playing in the promotion of your new music – possibly as a means of influencing US radio to give your singles more airplay? (Which, by the way, is long overdue and well deserved.) AYNIN is fresh and fab! Can't wait for the tour!

December 15, 2010 at 3:01 am | Reply
    • Liz

Sorry forgot to say I am from York, PA.

December 15, 2010 at 3:04 am | Reply
  69. Fabiana

Can´t wait for the tour dates!

Thanks very much.
    XXOOXX

Faby.

December 15, 2010 at 4:00 am | Reply
  70. Georgia

Hi, from Deep in the heart of Texas. I just have to say firstly that I truly love you guys since I was a teen and now 38 years old, I still love you guys the same. I think many people can relate to your music and Ordinary World one of my favorites, is so beautifully written. Your songs throughout the years go beyond just lyrics. I guess my question is what are your inspirations in writing lyrics? What gets your words flowing into lyrics?

Love you guys
    Georgia

December 15, 2010 at 4:15 am | Reply
  71. Yara in AZ

Holiday Greetings!!!

I'm so thrilled to have new Duran Duran music to listen to! "All You Need Is Now" is such a great teaser to the new album release. Music keeps us all young and energized! Thank you for sharing your amazing musical talents for so many years :0)

The BIG question: When will USA tour dates be announced???
    Regards,
    Yara

December 15, 2010 at 5:13 am | Reply
  72. Oscar

Hello Simon, John, Nick, Roger, and Dom.

I'm writing from Houston, Texas. Have you guys booked any late night show appearances, yet? Leno, Kimmel, Ferguson, Fallon?...what about day time shows like, Ellen, again? Thanks again for the free download of, "All You Need Is Now". Great song. You guys have certainly provided the soundtrack to my life. I look forward to buying the new album download on the 21st and cd in Feb. Take care and best of luck with the new album.

December 15, 2010 at 6:41 am | Reply
  73. Patrick McAree

Hi.

Long time fan from Ireland.

Could you tell me the thinking behind the selection of your new album title – All You Need Is Now.

thanks,
    Patrick.

December 15, 2010 at 7:35 am | Reply
  74. Paula

Congratulations on the new work... the bits and pieces that have been out have been enough to make me extremely curious.

The chorus of All you need is now is by far one of the best you guys have done... but Itunes is not open in Brazil for music. I have managed to listen to the song, but could you please consider releasing the album in an alternative place with a more widespread for the (third) world?

JT: Welcome to the world of twitter! 🙂

Hope to see you soon in Rio!

December 15, 2010 at 9:28 am | Reply
  75. Isa

Hi from Valencia, Spain! I am realising that the guys are getting more active on internet because of the new album. John for example has started his Facebook adn twitter pages. How do you like this direct contact with the fans? I remember very fondly the TTP (John's site) time and the feeling of community that we had there. Thanks guys, hope that you come to Spain! 🙂

December 15, 2010 at 10:14 am | Reply
  76. jose alfredo

hi im alfed from mexico .... i can't wait for the ne album ,,,,please come to mexico city very soonnn

December 15, 2010 at 10:28 am | Reply
  77. Giuliana

Hi, I'm in France:
    was it easier to work with Mark Ronson than with any other producer, because he's a fan and perfectly knows who you are and what did you want to create as a new album?

December 15, 2010 at 10:30 am | Reply
  78. Sandra

I'm from New Zealand

first concert of DD was RCM at Vector Arena, in Auckland NZ.
    the show was brilliant, and the best i have seen out of the many i have seen for in 20 years.,
    My Question is are you coming back to do an All You Need is Now tour in Vector Arena????

December 15, 2010 at 11:22 am | Reply
  79. Andrew Di Pardo

Hi I'm from Toronto. I just have one question. Are you ever going to release "Reportage?"

Ps: I can't wait for your new album. From what I heard it sounds awesome.

December 15, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Reply
  80. Vivian

Hello, my name is Vivian and I'm from Puerto Rico. I've been a fan since I was 13 years old. Love all your songs and unique style. Was wondering if you are planning in the future to have another world tour and in that case, would you consider to come back to Puerto Rico again?? Hope you continue doing what you all do best, music. Love you Simon!!
    Duran Duran forever!!!!♥

December 15, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Reply
  81. Rosanna

Hello from Los Angeles. First of all I wanted to thank you for the new album. I wanted to know when will the tour start and if Mark Ronson will be touring with you guys. DD has made me who I am today with their music and my long devotion to them. I will love you forever.

December 15, 2010 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  82. Richard Edwards

Hi chaps.

I'm a lifelong fan since I saw your first appearance on Top of the Pops aged 11 and have seen you live about 30 times. My favourite gigs of yours were the Kentish Town Forum in 2003 and London Lovebox 2009.

What are your favourite gigs and why?

Cheers, love Rich. x

December 15, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Reply
  83. Giorgio

Hi, I'm Giorgio from Rome (ITALY), I heard some songs from the new album and i thiunk it's one of the best album of the band eve... really... and i would like to know if Mark Ronson suggested some musical directions from the Arcadia album 2So Red The Rose" especially on the song "Before The Rain" very dark song and remind me on "Lady Ice" a bit, what you think?

Any news for some shows in Italy?

Thanks guys for this amazing work!
    Giorgio

December 15, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  84. Sandra Ipsen

Hello my name is Sandra and I'm from Germany! I'm a big Fan of Duran Duran since 1984! I have seen you live in Hamburg 1989,1993 and 2005!And that was so brilliant!!! I miss you sooo here in Germany!!! So my question:When will you play live in Hamburg again????
    P.S. I love listening to your voice and I love you!!!!!! <3<3<3

December 15, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Reply
  85. Diana

Ok ummm ....When you're Hungry? never heard of it! ; O

MERRY CHRISTMAS SIMON/ROGER/NICK/JOHN! ; D

WHEN ARE YOU COMING BACK TO HOUSTON, TEXAS!!!!!!???????

DIANA

December 15, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Reply
  86. Fernando

Hi Duran Duran,

I was wondering why has the band in the past tried not to sound alternative rock when they were performing in that genre in the 90's. Having heard the 1997 demos of the album Medazzaland depicted a rawer side of the band that could've competed well on the Rock charts. and in 2004 in your live shows you had a rock song called "Beautiful Colours" , what led you to change your sound direction so drastically?

and Will you ever release the Album Reportage?

December 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm | Reply
  87. Cindi Moulton

Hello Simon,

I know your daughters are following in you & Yasmin's footsteps. Do you think it will be eaiser for them or do you think people will expect more from them given who their parents are?

Cindi Moulton
    Colorado

December 15, 2010 at 11:24 pm | Reply
  88. rocio rio dd

Hello , my name is Rocio , from argentina but living in North carolina ,USA , i been duranie for almost 28 years and my favorites albums are Firts and Meddazaland . I want to ask if in this new tour we will be able to hear songs like midnight sun ( my favorite) , by my icon , so long suicide or to the shore in the set list.
    FOR EVER DURANIE !
    thanks !

December 15, 2010 at 11:48 pm | Reply
  89. Salvo

Hello there! This is Salvo from Italy.
    below my questions:

A) You did your first Bowie cover in 1981 ( 'Fame'), in 2010 you still enjoy covering his songs. This year indeed you recoreded a great cover version of 'Boys Keep Swinging'. You have to be huge Bowie fans! Did you get any feedback from David about the new cover?

B) What kind of music have you been listening to get inspriration during the recording sessions for this new album?

C) The new album artowrk is maybe the most unusual stuff the band has ever used to represent their music. Do you think there's a connection between the work done by Clunie Reid for All You Need Is Now and the new Duran Duran music?

D) Do you ever visit any of the many Duran Duran fansites? what do you think about them?

E) The band titled their upcoming Xmas EP 'From Mediterranea With Love', the pics on the cover of their upcoming album reminds of some mediterranean location ( the bed, the chandelier), wonder if they do feel a little bit mediterranean themselves?

F) Where would you like to play on the next DD tour besides the usual eurpean and american itinerary? is there a place that you still haven't toured that deserves a urgent Duran Duran show?

G) What's the status of Nick Rhodes's project to launch a website about Art to help young and talented artists?

H) I just want to say that I just LOVE your new music and I'm really enjoying every single moment of this new chapter of the Duran Duran history and ALL I NEED is "ALL YOU NEED IS NOW". Having said that there's a question that returns costantly among the fans, it's a question about the unfinished ghost album 'Reportage'. In july Andy Taylor said:
    "If it were possible I would like to finish that album – but I don't think there's currently much chance of that... But I guess its a step in the right direction... Question is, which freezer is it in???"
    So guys, this has been discussed a lot over the latest years, but in 2010, almost 2011, how do you feel about that album?

Thanks a lot for the great music guys!

December 16, 2010 at 12:15 am | Reply
  90. rocio rio dd

Hello , my name is Rocio , from argentina but living in North carolina ,USA , i been duranie for almost 28 years and my favorites albums are DURAN DURAN FIRST and MEDAZZALAND. I want to ask if in this new tour we will be able to hear songs like midnight sun ( my favorite) , by my icon , so long suicide or to the shore in the set list.
    FOR EVER DURANIE !
    thanks !

sorry IN MY first comment i was writing so fast that i did mistakes with the names of my fav albums !!! MEDAZZALAND and FIRST DURAN DURAN

December 16, 2010 at 12:22 am | Reply
  91. Ed Wilson

All You Need is Now -9/10
    Blame the Machines – 9/10
    Being Followed – 8/10
    Leave a Light On – 10/10
    Safe – 10/10
    Girl Panic – 10/10
    The Man Who Stole a Leopard – 10/10
    Runway Runaway – 9/10
    Before the Rain – 9/10
    Mediterranea – 10/10

It's the Fab Five back to the top!!!!

December 16, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  92. Ed Wilson

I'm from Rio (Brazil).

You must come back to Rio in your next tour!!! Don't forget, OK?

Congratulations for the new album!!! It's amazing...

December 16, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Reply
  93. Xtina

How do you decide who to work on an album?

December 16, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Reply
  94. Mr Bones

Writing from the UK.

With everything that every happens in 'Duranworld' now appearing on YouTube in (often) dreadful quality, was it slightly short sighted to target some of the key fan sites in early 2009 with the threat of legal action that were providing a far better service? – clearly limiting what other fan sites can now risk offering and meaning that us, as fans, miss out.

December 20, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Reply
  95. Claudia "Taylor" DC

Hello ... I love duranduran since I was twelve years old and my only question is ... when you return to Viña del Mar (Chile) again ... because last time we will not take all the surveys deserved because on that occasion the presenters(Antonio Vodanovic and Cecilia Bolocco) of the festival went to sleep and there was no one gives them prizes at the time. As Chilean me ashamed to admit it but it's true. Please come back ... we love you

December 20, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Reply
  96. dr ajay

Question for Mrs Weaver : While working in Science Fictions had you studied about reality ??

December 21, 2010 at 2:11 am | Reply