Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Sigourney Weaver answers your questions

December 20th, 2010

She's been the leading lady in such iconic films as "Ghostbusters," "Alien" and "Avatar" and her career spans more than three decades.

Sigourney Weaver was born in New York City in 1949 and had an early leg up in the acting world. Her father was an NBC television executive and her mother was a well-known English actress.

One of Weaver's first roles was in Woody Allen's 1977 comedy "Annie Hall," but it was two years later in 1979 that she gained international fame for role in the successful "Alien" move franchise.

Other well-known films include "Gorilla's in the Mist" and "Working Girl."

In 2009, Weaver starred in the acclaimed television movie "Prayers for Bobby" which was also nominated for numerous prestigious awards.

The film is based on the true life story of Bobby Griffith who killed himself due to his mother's religious intolerance towards his sexuality.

Weaver has long been an advocate for gay rights and is out promoting the release to DVD of the 2009 film.

Here's your chance to quiz Sigourney Weaver.

Please leave your questions for Weaver below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Davide Passaia

Mrs. Weaver, what can you tell us about Ghostbusters III?

December 20, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Reply
  2. Rev. Linda Calkins

You play a mother of a gay boy; can you tell me how to connect with older adults who come out in middle age (and later) who are rejected by family?

December 20, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Reply
  3. Timothy

What religion do you profess to follow, or if not "religious" per se, do you consider yourself spiritual or believe in God in some way?

December 20, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Reply
  4. Schlomo du Boeuf

Is it true you were once lovers with Warren Beatty? Why did you break up?

December 20, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  5. Garrett

Will you ever do another Alien or Ghostbusters movie if one is made?

December 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Reply
  6. luis russi

Mrs. Weaver,

I am writing from Santiago, Chile, S.A.

Just grabbed the occasion to say how much i enjoy your work, and how i look forward to seeing more of it.

I believe we have Sigourney Weaver for quite a while.

b.rgds,

Luis Russi

December 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Reply
  7. John Buckingham

I really enjoyed your interview this morning. I sing with the Boston Gay Men's Chorus and at the end of March our concert will be Our True Colors and the featured work will be Jay Kawarsky’s Prayers for Bobby based on the book and TV movie. The recent “It Gets Better” campaign has shined a spotlight on the dangers faced by GLBT youth. The members of the Boston Gay Men’s Chorus have committed to making it better through this concert to support our teens and everyone who has been affected by bullying and intolerance. Thank you for all the work you do in creating a more tolerant society.

December 20, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Reply
  8. Samantha Rajapakse

I wanted to know how do you avoid the Hollywood drama? It seems that everyone lands on front page of the news with their personal life for the pubic to see. yet, you have managed to stay out of the headlines only when it is positive. How did you do it? ( ps) I hope I am not jinxing you after I answer this question

December 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  9. Dale Duncan

I saw your interview on CNN this AM. All I can say is Thank You. Your powerful work as a straight ally is inspirational.

Bobby would be my age had he lived. We came out at the same time, and I, too, faced family rejection that my family based on their religious beliefs.

I often wonder why my family and families of so many gays and lesbians aren't fighting hard against the discrimination we face. However, today, I am grateful because my heart was warmed and my faith renewed when I saw you using her fame in such a positive and moving way. We cannot do it alone. There simply aren't enough of us.

Thank you so much for doing this work.

December 20, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  10. Audrey

Ms Weaver, I'm a huge fan from the south of France,

I wanted to know, which are your new projects and if you're going to return to Drama/thriller genre, that suits you so well, you're a terrific actress I loved you especially in A map of the World, Copycat, Gorillas in the mist, Death and The Maiden and so many others..

Thanks for the answer ! 😉
    Hugs and Love,

Audrey

December 20, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  11. FlexSF

Hello Mrs. Weaver, you seem wise. I would like to know if you believe life gets easier as an individual gets older?

Sincerely, Flex.

December 20, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  12. Derrick

First, congratulations on having one of the more successful careers of any actor. It has been a privilege to watch you perform on screen.

How do you prepare for acting? Do you rehearse in front of a mirror to watch your facial expressions?

Do you think Hollywood studios pressure too many actors into being too slim in order to appear beautiful on-screen?

December 20, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  13. Christopher Benoist

With your talent and tenure in the industry, do you still have to audition for parts? Living in NY, do you ever feel pulled to do (more) theater?

December 20, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Reply
  14. Jan

Hello!

I wonder if you agree with the Queer reading of your character in "Alien" franchise. As it is one of the few really strong female characters that displays a lot of personal courage and character, it is often seen as a great inspiration for the Queer community. Was it an intention from your side to create such an icon?

December 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Reply
  15. Laurent

We (me and many of my friends) miss Ellen Ripley! Will she come back?

December 20, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  16. sergio

Would you donate money to my family and I to make this a merry Christmas?

December 20, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Reply
  17. Ledia

Hello Ms. Weaver from Tirana, Albania,

How is it for an actor to shift from characters of young, energetic people into wiser but also older ones?
    I am in middle life myself and am curiously discovering my own path towards older age and have always wondered if it isn't more difficult for artists, whose radiant youth and beauty become iconic for entire generations.
    I have imagined that once one establishes image standards, having the image corroborated by wirinkles of age may be heavier than for another one that has not this relationship with his/her own image.
    Sincere thanks,
    Ledia

December 20, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  18. Gleek

Dear Ms. Weaver –

Do you have a nickname, like "Sig" or "Siggy", or does everyone call you by your full name?

Thank you.

Gleeky

December 20, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  19. David Lauren Steinhardt

Ms. Weaver–
    What were the circumstances of your appearing in your very early film Madman? I looped an unaccented voice over that of an Israeli supply sergeant for that movie, but it has long since disappeared, and I've long been curious.
    Thanks!
    DLS

December 20, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  20. Thomas

Hello Ms. Weaver –

I understand that you were made fun of your height all the time when you were in school. How did that feel, and how did it influence your future career choices?

Thanks.

Thomas from Indianapolis

December 20, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Reply
  21. David Lauren Steinhardt

Writing from Vermont, forgot to mention!

December 20, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Reply
  22. jude butler

Out of all the great movies you've been in with many memorable scenes. Which scene was your favourite too film, albeit for the acting quality or just for the fun of it? Can you briefly describe why this was your favourite scene? Thanks.

Jude, London. UK

December 20, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Reply
  23. Robert Rasmussen

Dear Ms. Weaver,

I am just wondering what was your favorite film growing up?

What was your favorite roll you played?

Is there anyone book or movie you would want to do as an actress?

Loved you in all your films and my Czech Wife loved you in Working Girl and Avatar the most. Look forward to seeing your next film on the big screen.

Robert from New Jersey

December 20, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  24. Rodrigo(Peru)

You seem like mi wife. Just not as tall!
    Your roll in Alien was labbeled as feminist. Do you think that was accurate? is this tendency death in movies? Was it fought back by the patriarcal and censore-every-thing cinema industry?In which other movies it could be observed?
    Come to Machu Picchu!

December 20, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Reply
  25. Joanne

Hi Ms Weaver

I hope you are well. My best wishes to you and your family for the Christmas Season and New Year.

I wanted to be remembered to you after having met your family while as a nurse : taking care of your aged father in law and mother in law at a difficult time for all of you.

Having never met a Hollywood star before I was most taken with your delightful and humble approach. A sweet person you are and I hope your career continues as it has. Interesting and successful !

Kind regards

Joanne

December 20, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  26. David Grant

How has your view of Hollywood and it's changes through the years affected your choice of roles to accept and actors/actresses to work with?
    How is your acting experience influencing choices?

David
    Madison, Mississippi

December 20, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Reply
  27. Mariana

When you have free time, what kind of activities do you do ?
    And do you watch tv ? if yes, which type of tv shows ? Thank you!

Lisbon, Portugal

December 20, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  28. Joanne

Hi Ms Weaver

PS to my note : I am an RN in New Zealand now. If you ever come down here I would very much like to see you again , maybe have some delicious NZ coffee!

Kind regards

Joanne

December 20, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Reply
  29. Ashley

Hi Ms. Weaver,

I am curious of your thoughts of Dian Fossey. Do you consider her a hero? A racist? Someone whose passion took over? As an anthropology major and animal lover, I find her to be a combination of the three, but would be very interested in what you discovered her to be when you unearthed her character.

Many thanks,

Ashley, UK

December 20, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Reply
  30. James Tjan

Who would you like to act with in a movie which you have not done yet and why?

James, Amsterdam, the Netherlands

December 20, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  31. PLANETCOP

PEACE
    IN THY LIFE HAS ANYONE EVER SAID TO THEE, TO BECOME A MISS AMERICA OR MISS WORLD?.

December 20, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Reply
  32. Benjamin

Hey Sigourney,

What's it like to not be 'that girl from alien' anymore, but to now be 'that girl from alien and avatar – that movie about aliens'?

Also, Which was your favourite Aliens universe film?

December 20, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  33. Phillip

All comments about your movie career (which is excellent) aside, I just wanted to say I think you're beautiful ;).

Phillip
    Florida

December 20, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Reply
  34. Gregory Sherwood

Do you think that Hurt Locker winning the Oscar over Avatar was as bogus and purely political as it smelled?

December 20, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  35. Jane Bakewell

I loved your performance in he film "The Year of Living Dangerously." The poignant question in that film was "How then shall we live?" In the movie it was in light of the political evil and corruption at the time. I want to ask if you believe if it is possible to hold to a spiritual/moral standard and not be considered intolerant? Can you love the GLBT community as individuals, yet not agree in their "lifestyle choice?" Jesus walked the earth as the embodiment of Love Incarnate yet he was a Torah observant Jew. Would you consider him intolerant?

December 20, 2010 at 7:42 pm | Reply
  36. Michael

Dear Ms. Weaver.

I've been a fan since I was about 13 yrs old, which is now some 25 yrs ago!
    Your portrayal of Ripley left a lasting impression and got me hooked on that genre.
    it's always a pleasure to see you on the big screen again.

Apart from CGI, where do you see the differences in acting in a movie like Avatar, as opposed to your first Alien movie?

Thank you for giving us many hours of shuddering 🙂

Michael
    from Zurich, Switzerland

December 20, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Reply
  37. Andrew

Hi Sigourney

My queation is – do you think the old analogue type films give a film a longevity giving the movie more atmosphere? And even though the graphics are a lot better now, there is just something about the old type movies that just makes those movies extra special ,like putting on an Lp and hearing the needle hit the vinal, and enjoying it scratches and all. Or do you think the movies that are rolled out now like clockwork give that same special quality? Do you prefer to see yourself in the the old or new.
    Andrew – South Africa

December 20, 2010 at 8:14 pm | Reply
  38. Guest

I watched the Aliens movies back in the 80s. Now, I still watch the Aliens movies.

December 20, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Reply
  39. Allison

Thank you for what you do! You have always used your craft to professionally and respectfully help those less fortunate. From my family who has several gay members who grew up in a very conservative section of the midwest- thank you for helping those who have opposing views religiously open themselves to acceptance of thier family members and friends.

December 20, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Reply
  40. Mario

Hi, Sigurney,
    having dealt with several strange characters in some films, what would you be your advice to anyone who could meet one of them in real life ?
    Rio de Janeiro, BRAZIL

December 20, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  41. River

Hello Ms. Weaver,

Greetings from Reggio Calabria on the toe of Italy! I was wondering who your favourite actress is and also what your favourite film might be.?

Happy Holidays,
    River

December 20, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Reply
  42. Karen

Dear Ms. Weaver

First of all, I would like to thank you for "Prayers for Bobby". It is an important film and if there's anyone reading this who hasn't watched it, do it now!
    You've portrayed strong female characters.
    What makes you choose one role over another? Is there any character from real life or from a novel you would like to portray?

Karen from Israel.

December 20, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Reply
  43. Peter

I remember reading that Ridley Scott said there was only one way to make Alien; to take it seriously and play it straight. You brought that same realistic, toned down approach to the sequel Aliens with tremendous success. Do you think the emotional resonance in other science fiction movies would benefit if the acting was a bit less over the top than what is standard today?

December 20, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Reply
  44. Lloyd Constable

Hi Sigourney, I have been a massive fan of yours for over 20 years. I was lucky enough to ask you a question at the Edinburgh film festival about Gorillas in the Mist: Revisited and here I am asking you another. Many of us know you as a bit of an eco-warrior. Gorillas, PH levels of the sea, dam protests in South America but what I want to know is, how does SIgourney Weaver treat herself? I remember reading you always fly first class but do you indulge in chocolate, or war a special perfume or under a blanket watching an old movie with your husband? What is it that you think 'ooohh I am really spoiling myself'?

Looking forward to all your future projects and jsut keep being you.
    Love Lloyd x x x

December 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Reply
  45. Lloyd Constable

London, UK

December 20, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Reply
  46. Peter

The question submitted about the acting in Alien was from Peter, Stockholm, Sweden. I forgot to mention my location.

December 20, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Reply
  47. Peg Shriner

Hello Ms Weaver,
    I am an animal lover from way back and I am wondering how you are feeling about the recent sanctuary opened for Gorillas in Africa. Between Animal Planet's programs on the Orangutans and the Chimps in Chimp Eden, how can we help save these wonderful creatures.
    Thank you for all your wonderful work
    Peg

December 20, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  48. Nate

Good afternoon Ms. Weaver!

Growing up, the kids in our neighborhood would come over to our house to enjoy your movies. The parents would let us watch Ghostbusters but we had to sneak Alien and Aliens into the VCR when they were distracted. It gave us all nightmares but we all loved your roles and looked forward to movie previews with your name in it!!

So my question is this: Of all the movies you've done, what cast had the best chemistry through shooting and what was your favorite memory on that set?

*too awed by her presence to come up with a more elaborate question...*

"Game over, man. Game over!"

Nate
    North Bend, WA

December 20, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Reply
  49. Sateesh Maharaj (Trinidad and Tobago, West Indies)

Good day,

Was the first Alien script something you immediately jumped at? Do you ever fear being typecast as a Sci-Fi girl even though you've done other genres of film? What genre of film are you most comfortable with?

December 20, 2010 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  50. Tonia

How did you get on with Ziz, the big silverback who was in charge of group 5 , when you were filming Gorillas in the Mist?

December 20, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  51. Tuca

Unfortunately I don’t know you personally but you are magnificent as a professional; very beautiful work indeed. Thank you for making a difference in the lives of so many and congratulations for all of your accomplishments.
    Question(s).... What are your professional highs and lows moments? Who are your favourite actor and actress?
    Best of luck and keep on shinning
    From frozen London
    Tuca

December 20, 2010 at 10:19 pm | Reply
  52. Dave Fisher

Mrs. Weaver, what can you tell us about Ghostbusters III, and the prequel to Alien?

December 20, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Reply
  53. Marco

Maybe a day I'll try again to talk with my mother. I hope i can buy Prayers for Bobby on DVD, if I'll find it in Italy. It could be a good "tool", I hope.

Now... just really thanks for this work. Really.

If i can let a question for you... is Roz Carr ok ? I really admire this woman...

Thanxs, again...

Marco, from Rome, Italy

December 20, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Reply
  54. Edgardo Vazquez

Hello Ms. Weaver,

How important for your career was the Alien franchise? Thank you.

Edgardo, Puerto Rico USA

December 20, 2010 at 11:01 pm | Reply
  55. Cameron

Dear Ms. Weaver: what was it like working with Alan Rickman, first on Galaxy Quest, then the much different but more affecting film Snowcake? Will you work together again?

December 20, 2010 at 11:13 pm | Reply
  56. Cameron

to moderator: reposting to include location, sorry.

Cameron in Arizona

December 20, 2010 at 11:16 pm | Reply
  57. David

Hello Ms. Weaver, did you ever listen to your fully synchronized voice in your great movies? In which language, besides english, do you like your synchronized voice most?

Greets, David
    Cologne, Germany

December 20, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Reply
  58. robert lotierzo

Just a thank you for all your wonderful work. Life long Fan...........

Pahrump, NV

December 20, 2010 at 11:29 pm | Reply
  59. Esther K. Salis

Dear Ms. Weaver,

Hello, I hope this finds you and your dear ones well and in fine spirits.

Originally from Brazil, I now reside in New York City. I am a fan – I think you are a fantastic and professional actress that knows how to evolve with time, you have always been elegant and poised.
    Which of all the movies you have made – is your favourite?
    Thank you in advance for your kind attention.
    Happy Holidays filled with a Multitude of Blessings to you and to your dear ones!

Esther from New York

December 20, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Reply
  60. Mike from Nova Scotia, Canada

Hi Sigourney,

How do you keep looking so HOT!?

December 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  61. Tina

Do you plan on starring in more comedies? You have great comedic skills! Tina, South Korea

December 20, 2010 at 11:45 pm | Reply
  62. Scott Simon

You have a lot of fans in Israel. Have you ever been there?
    Merry Christmas!

December 20, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Reply
  63. Michael Knight

Hi, Sigourney :

You are one of my all-time favorite actresses. Have you ever considered directing, and if so, any idea when we can expect you to branch out into this area?

Thank you, and much success in the future as a director?

"M"

December 21, 2010 at 12:27 am | Reply
  64. Alexander Brau

Wow!!

Hello Ms. Weaver, i am sure you are just an excellent human being as you are an actress it is an honor if you get to read my words, my respect and eternal admiration, you rock!!, now a short question, i saw endless interviews, but, your time with the gorillas, how amazingly deep was that, how deep did you feel those wonderful creatures?i'm sure it was lifechanging, i am a photographer and nature lover myself, i plan to fight for the wildlife as soon as i can, my best wishes and my respect to you!!!!.

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 am | Reply
  65. Alexander Brau

Wow!!

Neukolln, Berlin, Germany.

December 21, 2010 at 12:42 am | Reply
  66. Shannon Ferguson

Ms. Weaver,

You are without a doubt one of my favorite actresses and I think that you're a great role model for women. I'm a fan of all of your work, although I wish that you would do more comedy.. I think you have great comedic timing and you seem to have a great sense of humor (The Jimmy Kimmel interview you did a few months ago was funny.. I actually laughed out loud). I love all different types of comedy and I'm an aspiring comedy writer, so my question for you is:

What makes you laugh?

A little fun fact: My Dad took my Mom to see Aliens when she was pregnant with me, hoping that it would scare her into labor....It didn't work.

Wishing you all the best,

Shannon Ferguson
    Ann Arbor, MI

December 21, 2010 at 12:52 am | Reply
  67. Claire

You have kept in amazing shape throughout your film career. What is in your exercise regime and what is the most important exercise that you do? Best wishes! Claire – Western Australia

December 21, 2010 at 2:03 am | Reply
  68. Carlos Arroyo

Do you have any idea or have you thought about where you were before being here? Do you have formed thoughts about where you are going when you leave your body and do you care?

December 21, 2010 at 2:12 am | Reply
  69. Leia

I like the strong women you portray in your movies. What has been one of your favorite roles?

December 21, 2010 at 2:15 am | Reply
  70. Ronaldo

Hola, Mrs. Weaver
    I live in Madrid and saw you filming a movie by the Italian embassy. I wanted to say hello but I didn't want to bother you. Also, where was Mr. Willis, he wasn't there that day. I hope the film does well and you were happy with the shoot. It was interesting to see you at work in person.
    Madrid Spain

December 21, 2010 at 3:15 am | Reply
  71. Dan Jenkins

Dear Sigourney Weaver:

What do you do to create satisfaction for yourself in your life?

Dan Jenkins, Beijing, China

December 21, 2010 at 3:20 am | Reply
  72. Carlos

Greetings Sigourney, this is Carlos an American who resides in San Fabian, Pangasinan, Philippines. I had a crush on you for a number of years when I was in my 20's; you are a very beautiful woman with classic features and a great sense of style. You have incredibly lovely eyes and a wonderful smile. I just love your performance in the movie "Year of living dangerously", a film which successfully exudes the adventurous spirit of Southeast Asia. What did you enjoy most in the making of that film? Thank you and Merry Christmas!

December 21, 2010 at 4:38 am | Reply
  73. Jason Lawton

Hello Sigourney,

I've always enjoyed watching you onscreen and only wish that you'd appeared in more features. Is there a film that you wish you had appeared in or that you strongly felt would have been perfect for you as an actress?

Regards - Jason (Philippines)

December 21, 2010 at 4:44 am | Reply
  74. Andrew W

You have a captivating and outstanding voice, which has made watching the Planet Earth series even more of a pleasure for our family. Did you realize your voice work potential first or did someone "discover" the talent? Did you ever imagine that your voice was "bankable"? Would you ever choose to do narration over other jobs? Are you able to enjoy watching Planet Earth yourself, or are you like a lot of people who are uneasy listening to their own voice?

December 21, 2010 at 6:14 am | Reply
  75. Luke

how do you feel about gay marriage?

December 21, 2010 at 7:28 am | Reply
  76. Bruce Toh

Hi Ms. Weaver, I'm a fan from South East Asia, and I want to thank you for being a wonderful example for women all over the world on what it means to be strong, confident and self reliant. Your acting and movies leaves such a powerful impact on the audience that most times a lot of us wonder if we could ever achieve your stature.

I don't really have a question for you, just a note to let you know you have a huge fan base in our little corner of the world. Keep up the good work, and we are looking forward to seeing you again in Avatar's sequel.

Bruce Toh, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

December 21, 2010 at 7:42 am | Reply
  77. Jack Rice

Hi, Sigourney. My dad met your dad, in the 60s, when they were pioneering what's become cable TV. After their efforts were stymied by the networks, my dad started a TV station, in Atlanta, that Ted Turner turned into the Super Station. I see your dad lived long enough to witness the triumph of cable TV, as well as the rise of personal computers and the Internet. As one who suffered at the hands of the network monopolies, was he gratified, in the end, to see these developments?

December 21, 2010 at 7:42 am | Reply
  78. Jack Rice

Oh yes, I'm writing from Long Beach, California.

December 21, 2010 at 7:44 am | Reply
  79. Sean Curry

Ms Weaver,

How does it feel to be forever known as Ripley? Do you enjoy the notoriety that came from playing that character or do you wish you could change that?

Thanks and happy holidays from Prague, Czech Republic!

December 21, 2010 at 8:30 am | Reply
  80. Vittor

Dear Ms.Weaver,

If you have a chance to change something at our planet?
    What will you do?

December 21, 2010 at 8:54 am | Reply
  81. Newt Lives!

I, like many others, hope to see you included in a third Ghostbuster outing! Also, you are still the definition of a badass with Ripley from Camerons' Aliens. Thanks for being Amazing!

Brian, Seattle

December 21, 2010 at 9:17 am | Reply
  82. Mariana

What's a day in your life, sigourney ?

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  83. Mariana

oh, and it's lisbon, portugal!

December 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Reply
  84. Mariana

What are you doing for christmas ? And new year ? If you could share with us!

Mariana, Lisbon, Portugal

December 21, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Reply
  85. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Sigourney Weaver and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Sigourney Weaver on the following questions:
    – How do you Improve the Gay Rights in the Army?

– How are you preventing Gay Bullying so that there will be No more Taylor Clementy Suicides?

– How do you stay young through all the years?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Sigourney Weaver’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

December 21, 2010 at 11:34 pm | Reply
  86. Kyle S.

Sigourney,

I know you're busy with multiple film projects, but are you going to be doing any plays in the near future? Any at the Flea Theater? You have been my favorite actress since I was 16 and I would die happy seeing you act in a play. How is Mr. Simpson and Charlotte?

Kyle S.
    Fargo, ND

December 21, 2010 at 11:50 pm | Reply
  87. Keira

Hello,

My question is: did making "Prayers for Bobby" gave you any additional insight about the coming out process or were you generally aware of the issues gay teens/people have to face?

Thanks!!!

Keira
    NY

December 25, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Reply
  88. Dave P.

Ms. Weaver ,
    You are one of my favorite actress' and I look forward to seeing You in "Prayers for Bobby". I love all of your movies but prefer seeing You in comedy roles more as I think those type roles personify your intellect and intelligence more clearly, but have to say also in action roles like "alien + " You are Hot !
    Will You be doing more comedy work in the future ? and do You have a preference for roles or what inspires You to take one on?
    Also I would like to say You are still attractive and sexy after having just turned 40... I think You will continue to be that way right through to 120

Keep up the Great Work,
    Dave P., Ontario, Canada

December 29, 2010 at 3:02 am | Reply
  89. David Patrick

I now realize that my faint attempt at combining humor and a compliment may have been in bad taste for this person. That said I apologize and pray that I may be forgiven. What I wrote was not intended as disrespect , but rather a compliment to someone whom I consider larger than Life.

Sincerely , Dave P.

P.S. My regards to CNN and Ms. Weaver and her family and thank -you for not publishing my comments/question which was late and also maybe in bad taste. As it becomes available to the public I hope to enjoy this aristocrats further contributions to humanity. God Bless. dp.

January 2, 2011 at 6:56 am | Reply
  90. Tonia

So where's the answers?

January 8, 2011 at 8:12 am | Reply
  91. Avatar Fan

Dear Ms Weaver,

Marry me! 🙂

XXX

January 9, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  92. shell

hello.i dont want to ask a question,but to thankyou for doing snowcake,I have autism

May 4, 2011 at 10:25 am | Reply
  93. RE: Prayers for Bobby

Dear Ms. Weaver.
    I am the composer of the musical work "Prayers for Bobby." It was just recently performed in both Boston and Philadelphia. I am trying to get out to California in June to see the Griffiths again. I would love to send you a copy of the recording from 1997 if you are so interested. Please let me know.

May 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Reply