Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Tuesday's Connector – James Blunt

January 9th, 2011

Few singers have as recognizable a voice as James Blunt. His crooning melodies have made him a vocal sensation around the world with a total of more than 18 million albums sold worldwide.

Born in Tidworth, England, Blunt spent much of his youth traveling around Europe because his father was in the British army.

After graduating from University, Blunt spent six years in the British army, often performing for troops and local civilians while on duty. He left in  2002 with the intention of pursuing his music career.

Blunt’s first album, “Back to Bedlam,” made him an instant household name with international hits such as  “You’re Beautiful,” “High” and “Goodbye My Lover.”

His second album, 2007’s “All the Lost Souls,” debuted at No. 1 in numerous countries, selling nearly 5 million copies globally and featuring such hits as “1973,” ”Same Mistake” and “Carry You Home.”

And today the 5-time grammy nominee is coming out with his third album entitled "Some Kind of Trouble."

This is your chance to ask James Blunt your questions. What's his personal favorite song?

Send in your questions and don't forget to tell us where you're writing from.

1. ademar roberto ferreira lopes

oieee

January 10, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Reply
  2. Robert Horwath

Good day James,

Tell me, would you ever consider writing lyrics to a song that someone else wrote? Just in case let me know I own a vacation home next to Verbier and have a few things up my sleeve that I'm sure you would enjoy.

Happy New Year to you and your loved ones !!
    Robert

p.s. I emailed you myspace

January 10, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Reply
  3. David

James, did you really disobey an order while in Kosava regarding the Russians entering an airport, with the intention of overting world war 3, backed up by General Sir Mike Jackson?

Great CD, thanks

January 10, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Reply
  4. Marlene

Are you working on another album? If yes, what was the greatest inspiration for it and what can we look forward to?

January 10, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  5. emre

How do you manage the responsibility (should you feel it) and your limited time in life to use your position of inspiration and influence through your music on the global stage, to commit yourself to improve the current state of the human civilisation to your maximum potential?

January 10, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  6. Swapna

How would you describe your musical journey so far through the three albums? What sort of music can we expect from you in future? And who is/are your inspirations, musically and otherwise?

January 10, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Reply
  7. Sarah

What songs means most to you and can you tell us why?

Which artist out there excites you most right now?

How do you feel about the current pre-emptive warfare major militaries engage in these days, as opposed to 'liberation operations' or rescue ops?

Sarah – New York!

January 10, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  8. Daniel Halefom

I have nothing to ask James Blunt right now but I want him to know how much I love him. All his music are food of my soul. I listen to his music often to refresh my spirit. I want him to keep on singing in such style.
    God bless him.
    Daniel, Ethiopia

January 10, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Reply
  9. Nick Iacovou

Hi James

Keep up the brilliant music, will you be coming out Cyprus in the near future? Take care & all the best for 2011 & may the years continue to be good to you.

Nick, Cyprus.

January 10, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  10. Dalin

Bonjour James,

First Happy new year to you, I am from Gabon, and I live in South Africa. Us African we do love your songs, are you planning to organise a concert in 2 or 3 African countries?

Cheers

January 10, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Reply
  11. louise

James, I am in Kosovo. What a messed up placed. Do you think NATO left this god-forsaken place in better conditions or worse?

January 10, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Reply
  12. Teena

Hi James,

Have you ever been downhill skiing in Canada yet? If so... where? Alberta, British Columbia, ... If given an opportunity while touring (country & season) would you venture out & explore/ski different rocky mountain challenges in different countries?

January 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Reply
  13. Teena

Teena says:
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.
    January 10, 2011 at 6:14 pm
    Hi James,

Have you ever been downhill skiing in Canada yet? If so… where? Alberta, British Columbia, … If given an opportunity while touring (country & season) would you venture out & explore/ski different rocky mountain challenges in different countries?

Teena, Canada

January 10, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Reply
  14. Ryan

What was it like hooking up with Petra? you lucky SOB.

January 10, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  15. vana lavidas

Hi James.
    It was so nice to meet you in N.Y,
    The girls have been excited, we wish you all the best for your new album
    and i hope that you ll come back to Greece for another concert
    Happy New Year again

January 10, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Reply
  16. Glocal

Hi James - I'm a Kosovan, and I would just like to extend my deepest gratitude for what you and all the other NATO servicemen and women did for Kosovo. Your music is also great. Keep up the good work!

My question - I know you come to Kosovo a few years ago and performed for the soldiers, and also made a documentary of your experience after the war. Any chance you will put Prishtina as a stop in your future tours?

Thanks,
    Artani, Peja, Kosovo

January 10, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Reply
  17. Alice from France

Dear James,

I am a 9-years-old girl from France and I love your songs. I have got all your albums, and I find the last one very beautiful.
    Thanks to your songs, I learn english easily.

Keep on writing and singing so wonderfully.

I hope that your next album will come very soon.

Do you plan to come and sing in France?
    I hope to see you one day.

Goodbye James !

Alice Mannu

January 10, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Reply
  18. Ambre

Dear James,

I am Alice Mannu's twin sister, I am 9 years old and I live in France.

I love your albums and I am very happy that you managed to make a third album ! In this album, my favourite songs are "Stay the night", "Dangerous" "best laid plans" and "Superstar".

Could be please explain me why the twelfth song (which appears in the album) seems to be a silence, as if there was no song ?

I would love to meet you one day.

All the best for you new album,

Ambre Mannu

January 10, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Reply
  19. Iris X

Dear James, could u plz tell some stories behind ur new album? such as " what was it that inspired u of writing a specific song?" or " what feeling do u have while playing a specific song in the new album live? "

Happy New Year & Everyday~ lol

January 11, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  20. Iris X

Dear James, I'm a fan from China.

Happy New Year & Enjoy everyday~ lol

January 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  21. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello James Blunt and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from James Blunt on the following questions:

– When will we see your life story in the movie theaters?

– How will your music improve our world?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting James Blunt’s replies.

Greetings,