Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Your chance to quiz Susan Sarandon

January 10th, 2011

Susan Sarandon is one of the most celebrated actresses in Hollywood today - having an Academy award and Screen Actors Guild to her name.

Her first big break out role was in the 1974 comedy "The Front Page" where she co-starred with funny man duo  Jack Lemmon and Walter Matthau. The following year, Sarandon appeared in the cult classic "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."

Her career was set and the next decade or so would be a good for Sarandon's career as she went on to star in critically acclaimed movies such as "Atlantic City," "Thelma and Louise," "Lorenzo's Oil," and "The Client."

Other films that Sarandon has recently starred in include "Enchanted," "Elizabethtown" and "Alfie."

Today, Sarandon has just been named the face for the new "Got Milk?" campaign in the United States.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by this celebrated actress.

Please leave your questions below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Saadiqa Khan

How has your stance on controversial political issues (such as the war in Iraq and Afghanistan) affected your career and your relationship with Hollywood?
    Trinidad, West Indies.

January 10, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  2. Mike

Susan,

I'm a big fan, but I've always wondered why your bio's never include your role in "The Hunger." Is it one you don't like very much?

January 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Reply
  3. Keira

Hello,

Would love to ask her opinion on the First Lady's effort to curb childhood obesity & promoting healthier eating habits and the criticism that has come from those on the opposite side of the political spectrum. What does she have to say to people who think government should stay out of this issue altogether?

Thanks!

Keira
    NY

January 10, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Reply
  4. Diane Bradley

Raleigh,NC what is your take on Sarah Palin?

January 10, 2011 at 8:53 pm | Reply
  5. PJB

Which was the greater impediment to the significance of your acting career, age or being considered "cerebral"?

January 10, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Reply
  6. Viva Ann Guerrero

Hi Susan,

You are undoubtably one of my favorite actresses because of your strong feminine demeanor and choice of roles (esp. the Client and Thelma &Louise). As an actress, do you choose roles knowing that your performance has the potential to empower other people to see your example and learn from it even though the charactor might be fictional?

Thanks,

Viva

January 10, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Reply
  7. Phiona Nalwadda

Actually your one of the celebrities who wasn't involved in so much scandals like other . How did you manage to do that.
    I watched most of your movies since when i was a child and your one of my best artists ever.

From Krefeld Germany

January 10, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Reply
  8. Kevin M

Hey good lucking woman

Nice films you made, great presence.....and Romance and Cigarettes (2005) a classic.

Hope you live forever.

Very nice person....:D

thnx

😀 xx

January 10, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Reply
  9. john

Hi Susan,
    I'm curious to know if you support Greenpeace,and do you take an interest in the abhorrent actions of the Japanese whale-poachers in the Whale Sanctuary in the Great Southern Ocean?
    Have you ever been to New Zealand?I know you have a huge fan base of supporters down here.
    Best Wishes for your film career in 2011.
    John.New Zealand.

January 10, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Reply
  10. Jovan Spahic from Montenegro

How did you get over a split with your partner, after such a long and committed relationship and how is your relationship with him now?

January 10, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Reply
  11. Movie Fan 546

Dear Ms Sarandon,

Was Thelma and Louise a blast for you?

Have a great 2011

January 10, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Reply
  12. maritza wynter

What is your favorite film? Why?

January 10, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Reply
  13. Annette

What advice would you give to aspiring actresses who would like to be female role models as yourself?

What beliefs motivate your political activism?

Please could you describe a movie in which you have appeared that has had a message that you have identified with and explain why you have been able to identy with that movie's message.

January 10, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  14. Jennifer Donaghy

I have never owned or carried a gun and am adamant that I never will. I am an immigrant but have been an American citizen for 20 years or so. But I will never, ever get this gun thing. Americans seem so inherently violent when compared with citizens of some other first world nations. Just wanted to express the fact that if folks feel the need to kill me, then they better go ahead. I am an American with no use for those horrible, frightening weapons . . cause of a lot of problems (Thelma and Louise?) warm regards, love your work.
    Jennifer

January 10, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Reply
  15. Leonardo

Hi Susan,
    I am a big fan of yours, here in Brazil. Have you been to any place down here?
    By the way, loved your movie with Pierce Brosnan!
    Warm Regards,
    Leo

January 11, 2011 at 12:44 am | Reply
  16. Hans Peter Zollikofer

Ms. Sarandon,

I live in Dubai since 2001. I was born in the US in 1960, Russian wife, 2 girls, 5 & 16. I am an Oil executive and am just off to Milan on biz for 2 days, its 5AM here. My question to you – What is our biggest "world citizen" issue for 2011?

Thx. Peter

January 11, 2011 at 1:20 am | Reply
  17. zargos

The Rocky Horror Film Was A great hit .... It was Strange Though . What Did You Think When You Saw The Screenplay & Script ?

January 11, 2011 at 2:00 am | Reply
  18. AFD

I think of wonder actors and role models such as you and Glen Close, among others, and I wonder what up-and-coming female stars will fill your shoes. Can you name a few younger female actors you think have the opportunity to leave the kind of lasting impression you and others of your generation have?

January 11, 2011 at 2:34 am | Reply
  19. camille cook

Hey Susan, this is camille from austin, texas (the only place to hail from in texas)
    In the next 10 years what sort of roles are you thinking about playing or do you wait to read the many scripts that are submitted to you.

p.s. we have ping pong table – come on down and play!

January 11, 2011 at 3:12 am | Reply
  20. Donah

Susie has always been onw of my solid favorites

GripeVine. & Donah..//

January 11, 2011 at 4:25 am | Reply
  21. John K.

As a mother, did you find any part of your daughter's role in the Showtime Series Californication difficult to watch?

January 11, 2011 at 6:38 am | Reply
  22. Alana Delia

What was it like working with Natalie Portman in the film Anywhere But Here? (This is one of my favorite movies)

January 11, 2011 at 7:44 am | Reply
  23. Björn Svenhard

Dear actor,

has anybody told you that you resemble Sigourney Weaver?

January 11, 2011 at 8:58 am | Reply
  24. Carol Hasidim

Miss Sarandon,
    I am a big fan of your professional career and of you personally.
    You are a wonderful role model for moms and women in general.

I am curious as to your beauty routine – you look GREAT and I am looking for tips (I am 50!). Any special products? diet? outlook on life?

Carol
    Tel Aviv, Israel

January 11, 2011 at 9:44 am | Reply
  25. Sonila Mehmeti

Hello! I am a journalist from Tirana, Albania. I am a mother of four, twin girls and twin boys. Since you're a mum, I would like to know, according to your experience what was the key to your success in film-making when you have to raise kids?

January 11, 2011 at 10:37 am | Reply
  26. Dr. Ron Wolfe

Big names in entertainment seem to be very involved in various charity schemes all over the world. But is it just"noise" or is there substance to it?
    I am a PhD educator who has turned 65, and find myself out in the cold. I spent the last 15 years in the Middle East, doing educational research, and now I'm home and jobless. I've been asked to come to China, where age is a benefit, not a handicap, but constantly wonder why there isn't anything I can do for my own country?
    You big names who sponsor so much..... How do you make sure that you have experienced folks on your team? I have another 15 years or so of great value to someone. How do I get past the closed doors with "<65" stamped all over them?

Oh, by the way, I drink a half gallon of milk a day! And all you guys look good with white upper lips!

January 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Reply
  27. vanessa

Hi,
    My name is Vanessa and I´m from Brazil.
    I´ve always seen you engaged to political issues and I´ve always admired that.
    My question is: Do you think that your influence as a talented and respected actress has helped you in your goals regarding helping those in need? If so , what are the main problems that need to be solved in your opinion and how they can be solved?
    Thanks

January 11, 2011 at 11:11 am | Reply
  28. Mohammed

When you look back at your extensive catalog of movies you've made, which movie do you consider the most important in your life and why?

January 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Reply
  29. Jim

Dammit, Janet! You are still so darned sexy!!! Please, don't stop!

January 11, 2011 at 11:52 am | Reply
  30. Julianne

Susan,

I'm one of your many fans. As your fan, I would like you to please have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. The world and all that is in it will end, but His soon coming Kingdom will be forever. I would love to meet you there!

From a country of a thousand hills, Rwanda.

January 11, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Reply
  31. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Susan Sarandon and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Susan Sarandon on the following questions:

– How are you going to Improve Breast Milk Feeding Worldwide?

– When will we see your life story in the movie theaters?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Susan Sarandon’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

January 11, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Reply
  32. Yvette

Ms. Sarandon,
    I've always admired you iconoclastic stance on issues, not afraid to criticize the right or the left. We need more of that please. I recently watched The Client. What are your fondest memories of the late Brad Renfro?

January 12, 2011 at 1:43 am | Reply
  33. nehemiah

i am a nigerian and my name is nehemiah.my question is what do you think about development in africa,nigeria in particular.

January 12, 2011 at 7:41 am | Reply
  34. Danny

Susan,
    I owe you a heartfelt "Im so very sorry"
    I am the alcohlic waiter from the coffee shop on 18th st & 8th Ave who worked there when you were about 9mos pregnant.

April 30, 2011 at 1:29 am | Reply
  35. Danny

Susan,
    Not sure if my other comment processed.
    When you were extremely pregnant, I was the drunken waiter in a coffee shop on 18th st & 8th ave who chatted with you almost daily.

April 30, 2011 at 1:36 am | Reply
  36. Danny

I am sober but have fat heavy fingers and dont know what happened to my last 2 messages.

As I said earlier I am the drunk waiter from 18th st 8th ave when u were extremely pregnant. We had several nice chats.
    The day you stopped in to say good bye I was horribly hung over and was terribly rude to you Tim.

I have been sober over 15 yrs and it is important that I tell you this. I really enjoyed when you came in every afternoon delighted that you stopped in to say good bye although I have no idea why u did.

Please understand you are one of the sweetest people I have ever met
    and I regret what happened.
    Danny