Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Future Connector – Mozhdah Jamalzadah

January 12th, 2011

Mozhdah Jamalzadah.
Mozhdah Jamalzadah.

Mozhdah Jamalzadah is often referred to as the “Oprah of Afghanistan.”Her talk show called “MOZHDAH” has an enormous following amongst millions of Afghan women, and has made Mozhdah one of the most high profile individuals in the country.

Fluent in both English and Pashto, Mozhdah moved to Vancouver from Kabul at the age of 5.

After studying journalism, she considered it her obligation to return to Afghanistan where she resides now full time.

Also a singer, she  was recently  invited to the White House where she performed one of her newest songs for President Obama.

This is your chance to ask Mozdah your questions. Why did she choose to move back to Afghanistan? Is she optimistic about the country's future?

Send in your questions and don't forget to tell us where you're writing from.

1. MOHDWASIM

I am from afghanistan
    I am writing this from
    I want to mentioned that the dress Mozhdah Jamalzadah wear does
    not represent the woman of afghanistan only it represent westren
    culture my question is that can she wear tradition afghan dress

January 12, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Reply
    • Ajmal from London

Come on, leave her along. Let's not talk about her dresses, let's focus how to rebuild our country. At least she is try to help her afghan people.

May 3, 2011 at 8:51 am | Reply
  2. ALI SALMAN

salam......i want to ask that given Afghanistan has a history of rich music....where do u see Afghanistan music industry going in the next 5 to 10 year given the freedom afghans have at present?

January 12, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Reply
  3. MS

Your courage is an inspiration? What is it like living under the constant threat of attack, being a woman with an opinion and not choosing to live by the rules?

January 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  4. Janelle V

"Send in your questions and don't forget to tell us where you're writing from.

Awesome; but send in my question to where? E-mail? In the comments? Where?

January 12, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Reply
  5. Wahdat

I praise your courage, dedication and sense of responsibility. Can you please tell us if you have been ever threatened by government authorities when, and if, your work and the views of your program runs against the system? How do you see media censorship in Afghanistan?

From Budapest, Hungary

January 12, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Reply
  6. Jac

Due to your very high birth rate, what can be done do to teach Afghan women how to roll a condom on their men?

January 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  7. PJ van der Walt

Hi there.
    I just wan't to ask Mozdah why did she feel that after growing up in a safe and free society like Canada for most of her life that she had to get involved in Afganistan , in the process taking huge risks-it must be dangerous to speak your mind as a woman in Afganistan.
    Lastly I must just say that I think she is so courageous and a true hero for the best qualities of humans.
    Halala( as we say in South Africa-meaning I saluut you ) Mozdah !!!

January 12, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Reply
  8. Natalie

Ms. Jamalzadah, This article mentions you felt it an obligation to return to Afghanistan. Please explain that obligation. What specific goals do you hope to reach with the current popularity of your talk show and your access (through it) to the homes of many Afghan women?

Thank you.

Natalie
    Raleigh, North Carolina

January 12, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Reply
  9. Joseph

Im writing from Columbia South Carolina in the United States of America

Why did you go back to Afghanistan from Canada, and why do you desire to help those people who dont have a voice in Afghanistan. What inspires you?

January 12, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  10. Barbara

How would you as an Afghan women define gender equality – specifically.

January 12, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  11. Anthony Fuludu

Hello Mozhdah Jamalzadah, thank God you still believe in the future of your country, thanks for moving there, I don't want to question why, because I know your believes are stronger, I just want the so called Afghans Talibans to have the same fate and also know that the United State is a trusted friend that can help them build a better life for them and their generation, war will not help them, because if they continue on this part, one day another country will invade them again, they just has to let peace rain now, this the best time, there will never come another chance. I hope they will be sense-full enough to see what am seeing.

January 12, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Reply
  12. Maryam

Why does she claim she has a degree from UBC on her official website when she only went there for one year and never graduated?

January 16, 2011 at 4:16 am | Reply
  13. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Mozhdah Jamalzadah and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Mozhdah Jamalzadah on the following questions:

– How are you going to Improve Afghanistan?

– When will continue Richard Holbrooke’s work of Peace in Afghanistan ?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Mozhdah Jamalzadah’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

January 17, 2011 at 12:30 am | Reply
  14. Sarah

Salaam Mozhdah jan,
    I am writing/asking this from Oregon, Usa. I have a few questions that i would like answers to...
    1) When are you going to have a concert in Oregon?
    2) How come you are in all of the Azizi Bank commercials??? Ive heard rumors that you married the son of the of owner of Azizi Bank? Is that true?
    3) If you were to choose one singer that you really like, who would it be?
    4) If you had a choice to where in the world you would like to live, then where would it be?

February 2, 2011 at 12:08 am | Reply
  15. Keira

Hi,

I'd like to ask the following...what's one piece of advice western women can pass along to Afghan women & vice versa? What can women in these two cultures learn from each other?

Gracias!

Keira
    NY

February 8, 2011 at 1:58 am | Reply
  16. victorya ramey

Well done mozjdah !

( For your kind of information guys she is not in politics she is a singer ! )

So please stop your stupid questions...

February 12, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  17. maiwand

HI DEAR M
    I love u

February 27, 2011 at 7:54 am | Reply
  18. bhzad

i love you m

April 11, 2011 at 5:06 am | Reply
  19. Aabish

thats nice post. i really enjoyed it. was looking for information. thanks for posting.

June 6, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Reply
  20. K

I live in New Mexico, US and we are the same age. I am so proud of your courage and inspiration! I read about you in a magazine and am so thankful for you. Your country needs your boldness. I was so happy to see that some fathers have stopped abusing their families after watching your show. You are making a difference!

June 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  21. obat tbc

Great beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your web site, how can i subscribe for a blog web site? The account helped me a appropriate deal. I have been tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast provided vibrant clear concept

December 10, 2012 at 1:18 am | Reply