Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Future Connector – Tim Gunn

January 12th, 2011

Tim Gunn is one of the fashion world's most distinct voices.

As consultant and co-host of the popular show Project Runway, Gunn quickly rose to fame with his outspoken comments and colorful demeanor. His popularity on the show led to his own spin-off entitled "Tim Gunn's Guide to Style."

He's also written his own book entiteld "Gunn's Golden Rules," which was on the New York Times bestseller list.

Love him or hate him, you can't help but notice him. This is your chance to ask Tim your questions.

Send them in and don't forget to tell us where you're writing from.

1. lori hale

I wish I could have afforded to go to college. why not a reality show which gives (me) contestants an opportunity to take a course at Parsons and if they pass..... I would have loved to have gone to school.

Lori Hale.England.

January 13, 2011 at 1:03 am | Reply
  2. marie

Tim,
    I am turning 50 this year. I find myself playing it safe and buying more tailored clothes and being conservative in dress.

I love fashion and style. How can I incorporate the latest trends and be age appropriate?

Tokyo.Japan

January 13, 2011 at 2:57 am | Reply
  3. Ms. H

Dear Sir,
    I am 5' 2" tall, 120 lbs, but my waist line seems to be expanding. Can you suggest styles that I should be wearing to camouflage my waist line?

I constantly watch your show!

I live in Barbados, why not come and visit our lovely island!

January 13, 2011 at 3:08 am | Reply
  4. SmarterthanU

Models have crossed over to Entertainment, but don't you think that celebrities have taken over the face of fashion? Where are the next super models that are known for 'the look'?

January 13, 2011 at 3:27 am | Reply
  5. Diane Wiley

Greetings Mr. Gunn - I'm writing from Long Beach, CA. I'm 57 years old, have gained weight in the last few years (go figure), now a size 16, and I am having trouble finding jackets, pants, and tops that are not boring and don't cost a fortune. It seems that clothing manufacturers/ designers are unable/unwilling to translate the smaller cute designs into larger sizes. And, it also seems that when you get into larger sizes, polyester is the fabric of choice and elastic waists are de rigeur. Can you PLEASE tell the fashion industry that they are missing out on a large (pun intended) segment of the market by creating horribly designed, cheap garments? I am so desperate that, at this moment, I am actually considering designing and sewing my own clothes with some interesting fabrics and trendy details. Any thoughts or hints?

January 13, 2011 at 4:14 am | Reply
  6. Brenda

On those days where you have NOTHING to wear in wardrobe full of clothes but still want to look chic, what is something simple that you suggest?

January 13, 2011 at 4:18 am | Reply
  7. Deena

Hi Tim, I just love you and your personality. With you fashion seems so reachable for everyone. You don't have the Diva attitude we're used with (especially here in paris). So Tim i'd like to know what kind of pants would you recommend to a "round" and short woman in her 30s'?
    And what kind of coat ?
    I thank you in advance and wish you the best in everything especially in health. Best wishes Deena in Paris, France

January 13, 2011 at 10:29 am | Reply
  8. Patrick

Tim – any news to share about Season 9 of Project Runway? Also, what advice do you have for designers hoping to audition?

Patrick
    Plymouth, MI

January 13, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Reply
  9. Carrie White

Hey- I'm Carrie White from London (Kent)
    i was wondering what kind of clothes did you wear in high school?

January 13, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  10. Adam

Tim – do you have any styling tips for someone who has plaque psoriasis?

January 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm | Reply
  11. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Tim Gunn and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Tim Gunn on the following questions:

– How are the "Gunn's Golden Rules going to Improve our World?

– How will the latest Project Runway Improve Lady GaGA’s Meat Dress ?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Tim Gunn’s replies.

Greetings,