Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Shaquille o’Neal answers your questions

January 17th, 2011

He’s got a physique that’s as impressive as his resume and for Shaquille o’Neal there seems to be no end in sight.

The basketball legend has been playing in the NBA since 1992 and last year became the oldest active player in the league.

Starting off his professional career with the Orlando Magic, Shaq has gone onto lead teams such as the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat and he's just been signed the Boston Celtics.

The all-star has racked up more than 20 sporting awards throughout his career and tried his hand at everything from singing, acting, and most recently conducting.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by one of basketball's biggest stars.

Please leave your questions for Shaq below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Juri

Hello.

Do you remember Martin Muursepp?
    Hes the first player from Estonia to play in the NBA.
    He played for Dallas and Miami in 1996-1998.
    Thanks for your answere.

Jüri from Estonia.

January 17, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Reply
  2. celtics

shaq ur a beast

January 17, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  3. celtics

we need you healthy soo we can win another title.

January 17, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Reply
  4. Jüri

Have you ever made a three pointer during a 5 on 5 team scrimmage?
    Thanks for your answere!

Jüri from Estonia.

January 17, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Reply
  5. Joyce

How do you think Detroit trading Hamilton would change the Pistons' season?

January 17, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  6. Jüri

Can you still do a 360 degree dunk?Remember one during your time with the Lakers:)

Thanks!
    Jüri from Estonia.

January 17, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  7. Christina

Is this for real? Am i really going to be able to "talk" to Shaq? Hmm....I hope so. Anyways, in my opinion and all my friends and families opinions, they all believe I AM the biggest Shaq fan....Some people might say I have an obsession with him, but thats not at all what it is. I would say that I have a "healthy Admiration" for him. To describe to you in a short amount of words, how much I admire him, I will tell you that I just recently got his signature/autograph tattooed on my arm. Some people said I was crazy, but I say, absolutely not! So my question is....Ill be in Milwaukee at the game on your birthday, so I was wondering how could I meet you and take a picture with you? It would make my day/month/year.... Thanks

Christina from Appleton Wisconsin

January 17, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  8. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal on the following questions:

- How are you going to Improve the National Basketball Association (NBA) Championship Results for the Boston Celtics?

- How are you going to Improve the Safety and Well-being of the people, who are living under the poverty line, especially the citizens of Boston?

- What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Shaquille Rashaun O'Neal’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

January 17, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Reply
  9. mike

shaq

im from detroit. will u please kill dwight in the playoffs. hes a wanabee you

January 17, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  10. Mark

Hey Shaq, you've been my favorite player since I was 6 back in 1990. Not even Jordan was able to dominate opponents the way you have-you're the greatest center in NBA history. My question is, I've noticed that in Phoenix, Cleveland, in Boston, your teammates think too much of themselves and leave you out a lot-meaning they don't give you many shots, they tend to ball-hog, etc. Why do you let them do that? Can't you get the coaches to understand that you're the GREATEST field goal shooter and one of the greatest scorers in NBA history? I just don't get understand...You're better than how they've been treating you...P.S. Anyone who wants to argue about Hakeem-if they mention the 95 Finals when Shaq was barely in his 3rd year in the League and both their stats were virtually a tie in each category-I'm mentioning the 98 playoffs when Shaq and Hakeem were BOTH vets and at their best and went head-to-head for the next and last time during playoffs-Shaq averaged 29.5 ppg/10.25 rpg while Hakeem put in 8.75 ppg/4.75 rpg-thus the argument is over-Shaq wins by knockout! If there ever was a perfect dream team that could play together, here's the lineup: C-Shaquille O'Neal PF Wilt Chamberlain SF LeBron James SG Michael Jordan PG Earl Manigault

January 17, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Reply
  11. michael montoya

SHAQ your biggest fan here. im in los angeles and have been following your career since your draft in 1992. i have met you twice in person once in the great western forum and once at the key club in hollywood were i worked security. my question to you is do you remember i saved you from some people recording you when you didnt want to be recorded? well diesel i was able to take that recorded tape, but because i did so, i was fired from my job. my question is to you shaq will you give me a chance to work for you since i lost my job for you?

January 17, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Reply
  12. Jenna

You are the coolest man I have ever heard of. I love you so much. Who is Your favorite team? Mine is the celtics. LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Jenna from Maine <3

January 17, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Reply
  13. Keira

I'd like to ask Shaq, what's his favorite arena to play in as a visitor? Also, if he could go one-on-one w/ Wilt Chamberlain (both in their prime), who would win that game?

Thanks!

Keira
    NY

January 18, 2011 at 1:46 am | Reply
  14. Bruce

Hey Shaq daddy,

What in the single moment best defines your illustruous career?

You are such a media darling, any more future movie cameos or shaq vs seasons?

If you could pick any basketball player past or present to play along with, who would it be?

January 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Reply
  15. Faizan Uddin

After retiring from professional NBA, do you still play basketball off the court?

Karachi, Pakistan

January 18, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Reply
  16. Jim

Who?

January 18, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Reply
  17. Jeff, Dublin Ireland

Shaq, do you think you could make the PGA tour?

January 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  18. Neal

Hi Shaq,

Thanks for all the great B-ball memories...keep it up. What was it like working on the movie Blue Chips? Always liked that movie and you and Penny's performance.

Thanks!
    Neal

January 18, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Reply
  19. Iheanyi

Hi Shaq!! Im writing from Nigeria and i guess im your biggest fan in all of Africa beginning from your Magic days till now. It was always enthralling watching you and Hakeem (who is of Nigerian descent) slug it out on court. My question is this, what is the NBA of which you are a big part of doing to develop the game in Africa with focus on Nigeria. There are 140 million of us in Nigeria which presents a huge market for the NBA. Hope you come to Nigeria one of these days so we can shoot some hoops together

January 18, 2011 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  20. Kimmy Chen

Hello Shaq,

What would be your most embarrassing moment on court?

Kimmy
    Malaysia

January 18, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Reply
  21. Carlo Biedenharn

Hey Shaq, wanna party with MIT this weekend?

Boston Mass

January 18, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Reply
  22. Brandon Vice

Yo Shaq,

When is your stand up comedy going to be released, I know you got something hidden in your journals!

January 18, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Reply
  23. Billy Bueno

Hello your Shaqness!!!!

So What do you think about playing with the Celtics and the fact that they are the best TEAM.... by which I mean when the Celts win it is always a team effort and they are selfless and completely committed to each other.
    There is a work ethic they have always had which seems that what is best for the team is more important than personal stats. Do ya feel it Big Shamrock???

Thanks
    Billy B

January 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  24. Billy Bueno

Sorry...forgot to say I am writing from Buenos Aires, ARG.

January 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  25. Marina

Shaq–

Saw you play against the Kings last Wednesday evening, awesome game...can you speak to the differences in playing for the Celtics as opposed to the Lakers? You seem to have a close relationship with Paul Pierce.

We hope you're having as much fun playing here in Boston as we are watching you?

Marina

January 18, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  26. Monette

Mr. O'Neal whay are your career plans after you decide to retire from the NBA?

Monette
    Nashville Tennessee

January 18, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Reply
  27. Elkin Sutherland Jr.

1.)How did you balance family life and basketball over the years and
    were your strategies successful?
    2.)Did the divorce affect your performance on the court at all, or was it a
    motivator to add to your legacy?
    3.)What were your biggest mistakes and your biggest regret in life?
    4.)If you were waived or traded by the Celtics what’s your desired
    destination?
    5.)What advice can you share with the business community
    (entrepreneurs) based on your sporting experience?

January 18, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Reply
  28. Pedro Oliveira

Hi Shaq. I`m a physicall education teacher in Portugal.
    1st question is related to your diet: what do you eat for breakfast for example.
    2nd question: after all these years in the active as a pro athlete, how do you find your motivation? And what`s your secret to maintain your fitness. 3rd and final question: how much can you bench? ;)
    Greetings from Portugal

January 18, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Reply
  29. Jefry Muliawan

For Shaq :
    Hi Shaq,

How do you feel play with the Boston Celtics? How's in it?
    How do the other players treat you as team?
    I think it's nice to make a history with Boston Celtics, and your dunks, its' all amazing. Maybe you can make a historic dunk.
    Can you make it? Hopefully..
    And I want to say "Hello from Indonesia." to KG, I'm one of his biggest fan.

Best regards,
    Jefry Muliawan,
    Jakarta, Indonesia

January 18, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  30. Andrew Barto

Shaq, you played with some of the best guys who ever played like Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade and Lebron James and your career is incredible. Do you think you are the most dominant center in the history of basketball? There have been others, but could you be the best?

January 18, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Reply
  31. Chadd Giallias

Shaq,

I was 9 years old when I read your bio, I have used you in my elementary school projects and even college. I have always admired your passion for charity off the court. One story that touched me is the one where you took a boy who is disabled and made him apart of your staff. You even brought him to LA after leaving Orlando. Where is he now?

Now I am 25, and hope one day I can inspire at least one person before I leave this earth. Inspire them to always help others like you did.

When you leave the NBA which charities will you support or create? If you need a volunteer I would love to help.

January 18, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Reply
  32. Roberto Santiago

Wats good big Deez I've been one of ur biggest fans since 93-94 ur 2nd year in the A. I remember being 13 years old an cryin when you lost to the Rockets, and than crying in 2000 when u won ur first chip(and I've only cried 5 times in my life). Anyway my question is. You've gotten to play with tremendous players during your 19 year career whether it be on all star teams or your own. Now straight up who is or was your favorite player to watch and who was your favorite to play with. (I really hope you answer this cuz I've been hoping to talk to you for almost 20 years).

January 18, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Reply
  33. Roberto Santiago

By the way best team ever
    C. Shaq
    PF. Duncan
    SF. Lebron
    SG. Mike
    PG. Pistol peete or Oscar Robertson

Your opinion on all time starting 5?

January 18, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  34. Roberto Santiago

By the way best line up ever

C. Shaq
    PF. Duncan
    SF. Lebron
    SG. Mike
    PG. Pistol Pete or Big O

Your opinion on all time starting 5

January 18, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  35. Roberto Santiago

P.S. I'm from Brooklyn

January 19, 2011 at 3:39 am | Reply
  36. Tomas Vinevičius

Hi Shaq! You are my favorite player ever. I have a few questions for You:
    1. What is Your favorite NBA team (if You would not be in Celtics)?
    2. Is Dr. J. really Your favorite player?
    3. What is Your best friend in NBA?
    4. Are these two years in Boston are Your last years in a league?
    5. Have You got YouTube's account? If yes, tell me it's name (it's very important for me).
    6. Have You got a website?
    Thanks! If You will answer to me, i will be deadly happy. In 100 Best NBA Players Ever (Official List) You are #4!!! When did i saw that, i was amazingly happy. I believe, to You will be 5 or even 6 time NBA champion and You will score 30,000 points during Your career. It is a big honor for me to talk with You.

Tomas from Lithuania

January 19, 2011 at 10:55 am | Reply
  37. my name is chuks nwofor from nigeria

Hi shaq! I want to know if their is any connect between your basketball life and your rap life!tanx.

January 19, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Reply
  38. Marchita Masters

Shaq, my friends call me a team hopper because my "team" is which ever team you are on. You are the reason I watch basketball and I don't know what I'll do when you retire. I'm a psychologist with the County of San Diego and I work in Juvenile Hall. I was able to pull some strings and get one of my clients accepted to Langston University, in Oklahoma. It's my alma mater. This 18 year old young man is a former foster youth; he has no parents and no home. Do you know of anyone that would consider being a mentor to him and assisting him with being successful in college. You would be my first choice, but I'll accept who ever you suggest. Thanks very much.

January 20, 2011 at 5:02 am | Reply
  39. Angela Huffman

SHAQ,YOU HAVE VENTURED OUT INTO SO MANY DIFFERENT BUSINESSES, WHAT MADE YOU PRODUCE YOUR COMEDY SHOW?

January 21, 2011 at 4:49 am | Reply
  40. Mark Bass

Can you give me 1 million dollars? All I need is 1.

January 24, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  41. Tomas Vinevičius

Hello again. As we all know, Your favourite number is 33. In Magic, Heat, Suns it was taken. In Lakers and Celtics – retired. Only in Cavs You weared jerseys with number 33. My question is:
    Why number 33 is favourite for You?
    Thank You very much! Your fan forever – Tomas from Lithuania.

March 21, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Reply