Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Bollywood's Hrithik Roshan takes your questions

January 19th, 2011

Born into a Bollywood dynasty, it's perhaps a bit unsurprising that Hrithik Roshan first appeared on film as a child.

Hrithik Roshan is your Connector of the Day.

Hrithik Roshan is your Connector of the Day.

After a short stint as an assistant director on films directed by his father, Roshan began to star in a spate of big banner movies.

Roshan even brought India its first celluloid superhero in the movie "Krrish".

Performances in other movies like "Jodhaa Akbar" won Roshan critical acclaim and numerous accolades at film festivals in India and across the world.

In 2010, Roshan starred in the film "Kites" - there was even an English version of the movie entitled "Kites: The Remix" which was edited by Hollywood producer, Brett Ratner.

Today Roshan will soon become a splitting image of himself - at least in wax.

He is the latest celebrity that will be immortalised at world famous wax museum Madame Tussaud's.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by this Bollywood superstar.

Please leave your questions below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Roshan Deshmukh

what is your wish,which hasn't been achieved yet, regarding films ?

January 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  2. Hari Kaur Khalsa

Hrithik, do you think that you are overworking yourself?. I know it is challenging to make it in Bollywood and you have had to play every-role possible, not only because you love it, but because you had to make it against the four big Khans who were well established. Just relax brother all things will come to you.

January 19, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Reply
    • jeet

He is just relaxed as ever.. cool dude...

January 20, 2011 at 5:46 am | Reply
  3. priya

hey hi hrithik!!!

Am a big fan of urs since Kaho na Pyaar hai...
    I want to watch more movies of urs...may 5 -6 movies per year...hehe..
    on a serious note..we would like to really see more of hrithik....atleast 3 movies...please..
    and was all that just for movie barbara mori and u...!!
    we all love u nd suzanne 🙂
    priya,NYC

January 19, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  4. Zoey

Hey Hrithik, you were great in Guzaarish & Kites!

Would love to see you more in movies like Guzaarish! Please consider making medium budget movies on the side! You have proven that you can do any role possible! So why not just have fun and make lots of movies.. big and small ! 🙂

January 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  5. Amira

Hi Hrithik,

I met you twice while you were in NY promoting Kites (I asked about your tattoos). I also met your dad, and told him that one day I'd work with the two of you as a filmmaker. For someone not from the industry, what advice can you give me in terms of getting my big break? Hope to get an answer from you soon. Love you! 🙂

January 19, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Reply
  6. Mayra

How far are you willing to go to fight poverty in India and what benefits can your stardom/fame bring along with the battle?

Mayra
    The Netherlands

January 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Reply
  7. Max

Hello Hrithik
    iam the biggest fan of you and totally admir you as an actor and as aperson .I wana ask you if you want to do afilm with an actor you never worked with , who you will choose ? why you didnt do entertaining films and you know that in bollywood they only love these kind of films ?many question in mu mind but i will stop right now and really wish you all the best and i love to see more than one film everyyear and please dont fear to do what you really want and i love to see you in Rajkumar Hirani film and to do aremake for tamil films like Magadheera .God bless you and your family

January 19, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Reply
  8. Timoon from France

Hi Hrithik!
    My name is Sarah, I'm 33 years. I'm french. I would know if it has been difficult to go out of Ethan's character after filming ?
    Your performance is so incredible, magic. I'm really so impressed. For me, you win all awards : the big awards of heart!
    Thank you very very much to give so a so beautiful hope!
    Sarah
    (sorry for my english)
    Love from France

January 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Reply
  9. khan

hrithk bhayya
    u done a great job in kites & guzaarish.
    Hrithik realy u win our heart.
    Pls do like this a different movies.
    Take ur good care.
    Waiting 4 ZMND.
    Best of luck.

January 19, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Reply
  10. Azeem Shaikh

Hi Hrithik,
    What is your take on Indian actors like Irrfan Khan & Anil Kapoor making it big in Hollywood?
    Also, have you given a thought to look out for meaty roles in Hollywood films? You would look absolutely fabulous playing James Bond!
    Cheers,
    Azeem(Mumbai)

January 19, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Reply
  11. Veronica

Hi Hrithik! Believe it or not, one of the first Bollywood movies ever I saw was Jodhaa Akbar last Dec 26.

I was pleasently surprised to discover the caliber of a super star you are. Since then I've watched Akbar like 3 more times, Kites (3 times), Guzaarish, Koi... Mil Gaya, Dhoom 2, Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham... and I'm so frustrated I can't find more of your movies on this side of the world! BTW, Kites might have not worked that well in India, but it definetely was a winning formula for Western minds. I absolutely loved it!

My question for you is: Do you have any plans to penetrate deeper in the Hollywood arena?

I wish you greater success, congrats on your wax statue at Maddam Tussauds in London and many, many blessings for you, Suzanne and your 2 beautiful kids.

Love from SC (USA)
    Veronica

January 19, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Reply
  12. Sara Al-Sabah

Would you follow ur Father's footsteps and end up being a director and producer in the future?

January 19, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Reply
  13. Louise Green

you and Aishwarya Rai are known as the golden couple in India, you've worked on three incredible movies so far can we expect to see you both together again soon?

January 19, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Reply
  14. jay from London

my all-time favourite Bollywood couple is you and Aishwarya Rai, you both won the official Star Screen Jodi No. 1 award so when will we be able to see you paired together again ?

January 19, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Reply
  15. Sara Ali

hi Hrithik i'm a huge fan from Kuwait
    i just wanted to ask u have u ever considered doing a reality show about ur life Ex: Keeping up with the Roshans?

January 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Reply
  16. Nadia from Kent

Will you be working with Bollywood actress Aishwarya Rai in the future year? Because i think you both are incredible 🙂
    Nadia (Kent)

January 19, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Reply
  17. AkashRuhela

hey hrithik. i've been your fan nd a fan of bwood for a very long time. i have been living in canada for about 11 years now nd i would really like to come nd be a part of bwood, although it would be hard as i am in toronto but would be willing to go to mumbai if given the chance. i am 16 years old and would like your tips on what i should do. i also really love pc so give my love to her. please get back to me if you can so we can talk more about acting together.

January 19, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Reply
  18. Mark

Hey hrithik,

If this message ever does see the likes of your eyes that in itself would mean a lot to me haha. Hrithik I've been watching your creations ever since Raj to Ethan where you have grown from an adolescent to an avatar of entertainment. Praise you i can forever, but I'm sure you are drenched with that regularly by fans. I simply ask...what is one motive that keeps you going in life? If one is to pursue a life of entertaining people, as you have, what should be his universal purpose of doing so? What has been yours? Clearly not money making as the bulk of bollywood actors seem to be doing for.

Your Disciple

Mark

January 19, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Reply
  19. Mark

O and I'm from new York

January 19, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Reply
  20. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Hrithik Roshan and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Hrithik Roshan on the following questions:

– When are you and your father going to create a Historical movie about the people of India, who were shipped off to Suriname and other parts of the world in order to Improve the Current Global Connections between India and the rest of the world?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Hrithik Roshan’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

January 19, 2011 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  21. Sayooj Dev

Hello duggu, sir........!! M like ur biggest fan of u in the world....... I hav been ur fan from ur first movie kaho na pyaar hai to guzzaarish.......... I have loved all ur movies...... I jus hav one request that u satleast act for 2 movies in a year... A humble request..... I hope to c u in lots of action movies.......... My one question is there any thing that u feel u wan to do in movie wise...... U kno some dream director or dream movie project or dream star cast.......??

January 20, 2011 at 4:25 am | Reply
  22. Dhiraj Kalia

Hey bro!!!!!!! I am also a huge fan of you since your debut in Bollywood. Every film that you have acted in I have probably watched each one so many times. My dancing skills have sparked ever since I have seen you in Kaho Na Pyaar Hai. I anticpate all your films eagerly one after the other. How is Agneepath coming along? Hows the diet going? When is Agneepath releasing? Krrish 2!, I am excited, when will it release? Sorry bro please dont be overwhelmed, you can answer any question that I have asked. I see tons of success coming your way. Take care bro and wish you and your family happiness!

January 20, 2011 at 4:34 am | Reply
  23. Atif Arain from Pakistan

Hi Hrithik, i love Salman Khan very much, i m crazy for sallu bhai and i also like u very much. Salman also considers u as his younger brother and u know this. I know he got nothing bad for u in his heart but media is playing a very nasty role in spoiling ur relation. So my wish is that u and Salman Bhai both come on screen together. I am sure ur pairing will be a super duper hit. if this is not possible then plz call the press conference where u both hug each other and mention clearly that u r like brothers not enemies. this is my wish. Love u Hrithik, the handsome hunk. 🙂

January 20, 2011 at 4:38 am | Reply
  24. Dhiraj Kalia

Bro I have heard that your right knee is hurt, how are you feeling right now? Have you treated the knee yet?

January 20, 2011 at 4:48 am | Reply
  25. punam

hi hrithik i am a BIG FAN of yours and thats why i dont only do ah and oh at your pictures and your interviews to be honest i think you are lazy and hence do not do enough films and which ever you do you do not go all out to promote them, please put in a little more of yourself even out of reel for the sake of the films success, on reel NO ONE CAN BEAT YOU IN SHEER HARDWORK

January 20, 2011 at 5:08 am | Reply
  26. pervesh

hi hrithik,

Im your biggest fan from malaysia...My Q to you is:

1. Will you be doing Shekar Kapur`s Paani?
    2. What is the character you`ll be playing in Zindagi Naa Milegi Dobara(ZNMD)?
    3. Any latest films you have signed other than ZNMD,Agneepath remake and Krissh 2?
    4. And do you have any tips or advices for the the people whom will be joining the gym soon?

hope to hear from you soon,

Regards,
    Pervesh

January 20, 2011 at 5:28 am | Reply
  27. jeet

Hi hrithik, people want more shades of you in good scripts with good actress with good action and good dancing.... life is about creating a reason for your smiles....

January 20, 2011 at 5:42 am | Reply
  28. manal

hi how are you doing hrithik, YOU ARE OUR FAVOURITE ACTOR!

What we want to say is that you look too different now than we saw you in kaho naa pyaar hai, sorry to ask but, have you done any plastic surgery or you have grown? wish you all the best.

January 20, 2011 at 5:44 am | Reply
  29. MAJ

Your paraplegic role in Guzaarish is simply outstanding! Great job!Hopefully the World Movie Awards org. who just congratulate you on twitter will recognize your talent some day and reward you. Please slow down and don't put too much pressure on your knees as we want you around for a long time. I must convey this to you that Guzaarish has completely change my out look towards life. Thank you!

January 20, 2011 at 10:54 am | Reply
  30. Timoon from France

Hi Hrithik!
    My name is Sarah, I'm 33 years. I'm french. I love your last movie Guzaarish. I would know if it has been difficult to go out of Ethan's character after filming ?
    Thank you very very much to give a so beautiful hope!
    Sarah
    (sorry for my english)
    Love from France

January 20, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Reply
  31. Duggu

Hey krissh,

How are the workouts going for agneepath? And also make sure you keep running and swimming for your knee to get better.

Yours

January 20, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Reply
  32. Jerry

Hey hrithik,

If one is to become an avatar of entertainment like you in mind, body and spirit...what is he to do or live by everyday of his life?

Jerry from The Big Apple

January 20, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Reply
  33. Hari Kaur Khalsa

Hi Hrithik,
    I cannot wait to hear your reply to Mark's and Timoon from Francel concerns. Especially, Timoon from France since I have been concerned about your health. Please give all to God (WaheGuru), who and which is above and beyond all earthly personalities.

January 20, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  34. mashsitare from Mexico City

Dear Hrithik, last year I was very sick and had lost all desire to live. It was the dark night of the soul. By chance I saw Kabhi Khushi Kabhie gaam and it was another world. It is such a beautiful movie. I must tell you that I never ever watch movies. Most of the time they are so uninspiring. It´s all about violence, killing and so on. It was a very pleasant surprise to discover there is a country in this world there is still respect for old time values and that films are produced based on them.I loved everything about Kabhi Khushi: the music, the dancing, the costumes,the story itself and much more. It called my attention the dancing of this young actor and from then on I see all the films of Hrithik from Kaho na.. to Guzaarish. I enjoy so much his dancing,his acting because he gives his heart and soul always to everything he creates.

January 21, 2011 at 12:01 am | Reply
  35. Ravi Shankar

Hey big bro..........Congratulations for the superb act carried out by u as Ethan.....m really dissapointed that u dint get as many awards as xpected... i thought this will be a year like 2003 and 2006 , where u will sweep away all d awards...never mind we indians dont have taste.. we give awards to craps like OSO and MNIK...so win it or not u really ROCK......please do reply to this... u r d best..waiting 4 ur reply and movies......All d best... God Bless.....and please do take care of the knee.... and prove Ahmed Khan wrong,...that Shahid and ranbir are better dancers than u.... i hate them.... my big bro Duggu Rocks.........and yes... belated Happy birthday... congrats for tussauds... and Thanks CNN a lot ....CHEERS

January 21, 2011 at 8:39 am | Reply
  36. Ravi Shankar

and i am from HYDERABAD

January 21, 2011 at 8:47 am | Reply
  37. Faizan Uddin

how difficult was it to become a super star, when the industry was already dominated the Big three Kahn's?

January 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  38. Faizan Uddin

what is the role, which you have not done yet, but want to do?

January 21, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  39. Faizan Uddin

Karachi Pakistan

January 21, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Reply
  40. Faizan Uddin

what is the role, which you have not done yet, but want to do?
    Karachi, Pakistan

January 21, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Reply
  41. Faizan Uddin

do you wish to work in any Hollywood movie?

Karachi, Pakistan

January 21, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Reply
  42. Faizan Uddin

do you have any future plans to become a movie director?

Karachi, Pakistan

January 21, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  43. Faizan Uddin

Rate yourself from out of 10?

Karachi, Pakistan

January 21, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  44. T. Stephanie

How was it working with actress Barbara Mori in Kites and do you have any plans to participate in Hollywood films soon?

January 25, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Reply
  45. myraid

Hi hrithrik, I'm ur no1 n biggest Nigerian fan. First of all, congratulations on ur success n awards. Ur performance in kite was da boom.still hopin 2see guzarrish.I lyk ur look nau cos u look all grown up bt I luvd it in krrish. U ROCK n I luv u. Pls follow me on twitter n u'll mk 1girl really happy. All da best.

January 25, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Reply
  46. Vishal

Hi, i am big fan of yours, please tell what´s the diffrence between Politics and Religion and please describe it in your way and how do you think about it!

Vishal from Sweden 🙂

January 25, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  47. myraid ubi

Hi hrithrik, I'm ur no1 n biggest Nigerian fan. First of all, congratulations on ur success n awards. Ur performance in kite was da boom.still hopin 2see guzarrish.I lyk ur look nau cos u look all grown up bt I luvd it in krrish. U ROCK n I luv u. Pls follow me on twitter @cutiemimz n u'll mk 1girl really happy. All da best.

January 25, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  48. ahmed

I,Always find it hard  get your movie in my country why? From Nigeria lol.

January 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Reply
  49. Roma

hey hrithik!! you are one of d most purest souls in b'wood.Luvd u in guzaarish....looking forward to ZNMD. been your ardent admirer since KNPH....hrithik you r d most talented superstar India ever had!!! Wishing u loads n loads of happiness,success n luv in life!!! Love you Dugguuu!!!!! you rock!!!! Would love 2 c u in more action films.....looking forward to meeting you someday :)))
    Your biggest fan :))
    Roma (from India)

January 26, 2011 at 6:43 am | Reply
  50. Trisha

You're quite the artist, but loosen up, love. Just watched your Koffee with Karan episode, and Sussanne seems so much more herself than you. You're beautiful, as a person and in what you do. There isn't anyone left to impress, so don't try so hard. Your passion is evident, and you know what, it's such a rare thing to have in this day and age, so just simply cherish your passion for what you do and you'll find yourself becoming comfortable with who you are. It's not about the film, the names and associations that go with it, the character you're playing, or how the audience receives it. It's about honesty and commitment to self, and enjoying it. I love you. I have loved you for as long as I have loved films. I'm proud of what you've achieved, in life and career-wise. Now find your inner confidence and peace, and learn to give yourself the deserved credit. Humility is overrated, as is altruism. Your fans will never, NEVER, leave your side. So, don't worry.

-Trish from California

January 26, 2011 at 6:47 am | Reply
  51. ithrie roshan

Hai hrithik, i m big fan of you from indonesia,so many people from indonesia know about you,we have Hrithik Roshan Fans Club Indonesia on Facebook.

January 26, 2011 at 8:06 am | Reply
  52. Zeeela

Hi Hrithik i m a very big fan of urs from the past ten years. Very very happy about ur wax figure. i absolutely loved ur performance in both Kites and Guzaarish. For me u are the best actor of 2010. My humble request to u is plz do more films cant wait for u too long!!!! u are a very young rght now plz do more films u ROCK. Love

January 26, 2011 at 10:45 am | Reply
  53. Prerna jain

Hi hrithik biiiggg fan of urs. I realy luv u as a fan for as an actor u r n the person tht u r no 1 like u. Wud luv 2 c u in a hollywood movie n luv 2 c u in a psyche or an obessive lover or a casanova role i was blown away by ur guzaarish performance do more films plz. Luv u always muaaaah. M also on twitter.
    Prerna jain
    mumbai

January 26, 2011 at 11:04 am | Reply
  54. Raja

How handsome u r ?
    U r my role model smart.

January 26, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Reply
  55. suzzane

People often say that they have a hidden dreams that they dare not tell, afraid if doesn't come true? Tell us what yours are? And if so why?

January 26, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  56. Lamia K.

Hi Hrithik... Loves from Turkey.. Its perfect to see you on different project. And I wish we'll see you more.. Have u ever been in Istanbul? And if not, do you want it? Finally congratulations for your good family life.. I hope I can see you once a time 🙂 Loves to you..

January 27, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Reply
  57. ruby

i am big of fan of u .from UK.i been madame Tussuad 2 see u r wax.it is very nice. u r films r so real.is any chance 2 meet u in UK? good luck
    ruby

January 29, 2011 at 6:40 pm | Reply
  58. sushrut

Hey Hrithik.................... u r ideal person 4 me. I have seen ur all films.My brother also likes u................................................................................................................Its my dream 2 see u.

January 31, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Reply
  59. ilikemovies

The filmfare award was not just at all. Shahrukh's performance was nothing compared to Hrittik or Pepli Live's performer Omkara Das Manikpuri. Its sad when some people try to reign the throne by force, not by talent.

January 31, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Reply
  60. Rohit

Hey Hrithik, you were great in Kaho Naa.. Pyar Hai & Kites!
    Will you be working with Bollywood beauty actress AMEESHA PATEL in the future year? Because i think you both are incredible
    !! A lot of ppl dying to see both of u again onscreen :((

February 3, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Reply
  61. Gaurav

Hv a story 4 krishhh-3 . . . . . . . . . Interested??

February 3, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  62. md zaki

hey dude as u know u having a big fans platform so i would like to suggest about your hairstyle in kites nd guzaarish.that was outstanding it realy suts u
    so plz keep it for every movie specialy in action mov india

February 3, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Reply
  63. shafiya

hrithik OMG i donno whether ur gonna read this msg or not but i love u soooooooooooooooooo much, u r just awesome no one can match up to u, ur a champ, i had a huge crush on u when i was just 9 and i dint know
    it then but u will be all time only favourite

February 4, 2011 at 5:54 am | Reply
  64. Barack Obama

Message from the president

Coming soon...
    We are watching the new Middle East changing
    The National Security of the United States maybe is on the line
    We have gathered with the NATO allies and we have decided the Following:
    Green light for our Allied Turkey has been given to be involved in the Middle East
    From our watching in the crises we believe that cause will not result in peaceful way.
    It's been so long since the French revolution we are in the 21century for crying out load

We will continue to support Israel in its rights to exist in the Middle East

Jordanian democracy can be taken as an example
    Democracy need to read history and observe the past and learned from
    Democracy need to be taken care seriously and to be protected
    And for all those people who are short minded we all saw the policemen offering water for the peaceful protests in Jordan

That kind of democracy that had developed in its own way representing dignity and freedom
    With all its near by rich oily states given them scratches they managed to survive to their bride

I've been told that confederation between Israel and Jordan is on the process
    And we welcome that and it shall be granted and rewarded as the new map of the new Middle East to give an example for all others in the region

Yes Chaos can produce democracy and we will work and help all those who need to enter the free world

Barack Obama
    President of the United States

February 6, 2011 at 11:13 am | Reply
  65. Deepak Shrivastav

Hello,
    I am big fan of Hritik roshan , crazy about his dance , I am intrested in making flash games, can create good games on koi mill gaya & krrish.

April 8, 2011 at 7:43 am | Reply