Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Roseanne Barr answers your questions

January 19th, 2011

As an actress, Roseanne Barr became synonymous with one of television's biggest hits - a show in her very own name, "Roseanne."

The show which ran from 1989 to 1997 earned Barr several high-profile awards including an Emmy and Golden Globe.

In addition to her role in the television series, Barr has also appeared in a number of well-known films including "She-Devil." She was also the starring voice in other films liked "Look Who's Talking" and "Home on the Range."

Barr is currently out with a third book, "Roseannearchy: Dispatches from the Nut Farm," where the comedian candidly discusses everything from her half-Jewish, half-Mormon upbringing in Salt Lake City, to the sitcom that made her world-famous, to ex-husbands and owning her very own macadamia nut farm in Hawaii.

"Roseannearchy" certainly won't leave readers wondering how Barr, 58, really feels about the state of the world. "My writing just comes out, and then I try to edit it and try to goose it up or down," she told CNN.

Here's your chance to have your questions answered by Roseanne Barr.

Please leave your questions below and be sure to tell us where you're writing from.

1. Mark

Just finished reading Roseannearchy and was fascinated to learn Roseanne was raised in Salt Lake CIty. What was like to be Jewish in mostly Mormon community? Any thoughts on Mitt Romney?

January 19, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Reply
  2. Lorenza

Why not do another sitcom??? your super funny

January 19, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Reply
  3. Dennis from Canada

Really enjoyed your work and with the wasteland on TV now even more! Develop some more stuff please, it is getting desperate out here. Save us please!

January 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Reply
  4. Mikkel from Denmark

Just watched She-devil the other day. That and your other movies are hugely popular here in Denmark and Scandinavia alongside with the show "Roseanne" which is still being televised. Obviously, your career as actor has given you a lot, but would we have seen "Roseanne the author" if you'd remained a housewife? Would that have been "enough" material for to become author?

Best
    Mikkel from Copenhagen

January 19, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  5. joyce ann

How did you loose so much weight. I hardly recognize you. you really look good

January 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Reply
  6. Joseph K

You've always been a supporter of gay rights, do you think the issue is getting more normalized?

January 19, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  7. Consuelo

Are you just like the Rosanne that everyone knows from the sitcom?

January 19, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  8. Consuelo,

Are you just like the Rosanne that everyone knows from the sitcom?

From Houston, Texas

January 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  9. joe

can i have sarah chalkes phone number, please?

January 19, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Reply
  10. Keira

I'd like to know if she has received any offers to come back to TV worth considering or did she made a conscious decision to 'retire' from active Hollywood life? If so, what is the one project that would bring her back to television?

Thanks!

Keira
    NY

January 19, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Reply
  11. John G

I hope your book is funnier than your sitcom.

January 19, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Reply
  12. Abigail

As you are a talented individual and have broken in your writing skills to publish books, have you ever considered writing a fictional novel?

Best regard,

Abigail, Vancouver

January 19, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Reply
  13. Chana from Jerusalem

So fun to see you're still kickin and making us all laugh! Are you involved in charity work? Would love to know more, I'm sure it would inspire many more people. I also do comedy, but only "sit down comedy" – you think at my age I have the strength to STAND and tell jokes?! 🙂

January 19, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Reply
  14. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Roseanne Barr and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Roseanne Barr on the following questions:

– How are will “Roseannearchy” Improve our world?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Roseanne Barr’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

January 19, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Reply
  15. JP

WTF? Roseanne you are pretty hot now! What a beautiful and vibrant lady-you are one of the rare ones that gets better with age!!

January 20, 2011 at 12:03 am | Reply
  16. Mark

I really enjoyed the Roseanne show – particularly the Halloween episodes each year. I was wondering if you are into Halloween as much as your character and family was in the show? Also, what was your favorite Halloween episode? Thanks Roseanne!

January 20, 2011 at 12:51 am | Reply
  17. Thomas

Repent and come back to the LDS church, and see how you life changes.

January 20, 2011 at 1:09 am | Reply
  18. Michel

The series Roseanne pushed the envelope and defined a generation. How does it make you feel when you see how far the envelope is being pushed today and does it make you want to come back to see just how far you can go?

January 20, 2011 at 1:13 am | Reply
  19. Cecilia Ferrer

HUGE FAN!!! A woman with brains....yayyyyy. Thank you for being you, and for sharing! Keep it coming, please!

January 20, 2011 at 2:56 am | Reply
  20. sally cortez walstrom from Excelsior, MN

I just saw Roseanne on the Lawrence O'Donnell show and she was great!
    My real comment is a sincere thank you to her for her kindness and caring attitude toward my brother, Jim, in Mission, SD, as he struggles in his mission to improve the lives of the native Americans who reside there. Thank you so very much for all you do for his cause, Sally

January 20, 2011 at 3:52 am | Reply
  21. kerrin martin

Hi from australia! Just been watching reruns of roseanne so funny! Have introduced my kids to one of my favourite shows when I was younger. Certainly beats the rubbish on now. Will you ever consider doing another sitcom? By the way you look fabulous!

January 20, 2011 at 5:12 am | Reply
  22. Jennifer

How many plastic surgeries have you had? You look amazing!

January 20, 2011 at 6:06 am | Reply
  23. Carl from Florida

OMG...we love you so much! Where have you been? We need you back on T.V. ASAP!

January 20, 2011 at 7:35 am | Reply
  24. Jim

Why do you think you are still relevant?

January 20, 2011 at 7:39 am | Reply
  25. Andrew from San Diego

Any plans to sing the national anthem at another Padres game?

January 20, 2011 at 9:40 am | Reply
  26. Caitlin Cameron

Roseanne, you are my favorite actress of all time. You are an inspiration. I can watch your series all day long and never be tired of it. I want to know what the dynamic was like between all the cast members. Did sara gilbert think of you as a second mom? Are you very close to John Goodman?

January 20, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Reply
  27. terry

How the hell do you look so great?!

I am your age and aside from good skin, I have never see hair, with gray,
    that was this terrific. Damn!!!

Love Roseanne Connor , better than any show I've seen. I secretly wish
    it was my family.

January 21, 2011 at 2:36 am | Reply
  28. Mark Bass

can you give me 1 million dollars? all i need is 1.

January 24, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Reply
  29. Mary

Having just gotten back from 2 weeks in Hawaii, I was wondering on what island your farm is located?

February 14, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Reply
  30. Mary

How come I see my email prominently displayed, when it was not suppose to be?

February 14, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Reply
  31. Sandra

Hi! I admire you SO much and I just watched Oprah and you have NEVER been so beautiful. I will be 60 this year and wish I looked as good as you do. I am so proud of you and happy you have moved forward, found 'contentment' and have a great man to share your contentment with. You deserve every second! Your home in Hawaii is a piece of heaven! I would like to know more about the meditation you do, I really could use something that works to find my inner peace. Thanks for all the laughs over the years. You are my hero. With warm hugs,
    Sandra, Arizona

February 14, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Reply
  32. Lorrie

Sandra – she can afford all the plastic surgery; you'll look as good as he does if you had that kind of money too. What the Oprah show didn't tell you is the harassment SHE does to HER neighbors – although she claims the opposite. She also claims her neighbors killed her goats, yeah right – you and your hillbilly family ATE THEM.
    Roseanne has been cited by her county for failing to hire licensed contractors apparently she thinks she's above the law.
    She's an 'actress' and can play the part of the victim really well. BUT those of us who see right through her remember her antics like her version of the national Anthem anything she's got to say doesn't hold any credibility.

March 5, 2011 at 7:58 am | Reply
  33. Lori Baumgartner

I honestly think ur the shit..so with that said..i only have one question for u.will u please accept my friend request on Facebook?thanku,and keep makin us crazy bitches laugh!

March 6, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Reply
  34. Donna Naugle

Roseanne , my two daughters , son and I love to this day your TV show. The Halloween episodes were our favorites. I related because I struggled financially to raise my children , just like the Connor family. You were so funny, dry and the rest of the cast were great. Do you and your kids and grandkids still watch the episodes? Hope you are enjoying your life with your family , I think the world of you. Look me up if you ever come to Nova Scotia. ....Donna

March 29, 2011 at 11:49 am | Reply
  35. Jackie Kalani

Looking forward to more information re Mary Daly... (my hero)
    You are writting a forward to her bio?... Where can I find this?

P.S. It was fun watching you out at the Blue Dolphin!

June 22, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Reply
  36. Sandy Arens

Roseanne.. I don't really have a question. Just a comment. Thank you for bringing the reality of Real family such as the sitcom Roseanne.. My own kids say they feel like they know how it feels to be raised by Roseanne Connor.. In my eyes.. you are Roseanne Connor or vice versa.. she is you. You are real and I appriciate you.. Maybe a talk show or something on just plain life would be good..

June 25, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Reply