Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Future Connector – Maria Sharapova

March 4th, 2011

Maria Sharapova knows how to win grand slams and win over her fans. She’s won Wimbledon, the Australian Open and U.S. Open and spent several weeks at number 1.

The 23-year-old has  worked her way back up the rankings to number 18 after being sidelined by a shoulder injury.  Sharapova’s photos can be found on the covers of many women’s fashion magazines.

In 2008, the tennis star was named the world’s highest paid female athlete by Forbes. Sharapova is the most followed female athlete on Facebook, where she has 3.85 million fans.

The tennis champion is a fan of social media and likes the ability to interact with her fans.

Now is your chance to ask the Russian superstar your questions. Please list them below and don’t forget to tell us where you are from.

1. Anna Spaña

hello...i ask maria sharapova....

Maria your a famous tennis player in the world...hows your health and your happy now. Where you back in court with a good health and win another title or grandslam

March 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  2. Oscar

Maria no won French Open, it was Australia Open. Maria do u believe that can win other Grand Slam?

March 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Reply
  3. Sheryar Shah

Hey! iam your biggest fan......seriously iam as big as big can get.The qustion, is it furustrating for you when you loose a match from a player who is not as good rather brilliant as you?

March 4, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Reply
  4. Nella

Hi Maria,

Question 1;
    Can you step by step describe a normal day ( not during a tournament ) ?
    Question 2;
    Will you continue playing tennis after the Olympics 2012 ?
    Question 3;
    Are you able to balance your private- and tennis life ?
    Question;
    How does it feel, being such a private person, to be so well known in the world. Everybody is watching you when you leave the front door . Is this putting pressure on you ?

In the hope Maria is able to answer my questions.
    Nella
    the Netherlands

March 4, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Reply
  5. silenceoutspoken

Q. Have you ever regretted a moment in your life up from the first day you entered into the tennis world?

– Humza Mehbub (Lahore, Pakistan)

March 4, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Reply
  6. Clifford ireland sexton

1.maria,i want 2 ask u who is ur role model?
    2.how many grand slam titles have u occupied?

March 4, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Reply
  7. kingsley

How do you manager your celebrity status and your sport.

March 4, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  8. Hbkbisi

You are the world best

March 4, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  9. RMac

Will she marry me?

March 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Reply
  10. Kumar Natarajan

I am avid follower of tennis, and I especially like watching matches in the Grand Slam events. My question to Maria Sharapova is:
    You started your career by winning Wimbledon at an early age, and made a significant mark in women's tennis early in your career. Since then your game has tapered off a bit. Over the past few years, you have been in the news more for your involvement in the fashion industry, than for your success on the tennis courts. Has your work in the fashion industry affected your tennis, and the ability to win big matches? If so, are you planning to focus more on your tennis skills in the near future?

March 4, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Reply
  11. Cyrel Paul Matiom

Hey Maria , how's the illness? i hope your doing good, i mean really good, cause i miss you playing in the court, those TIGER LOOKS and LION FIERCENESS , i love it Maria :)) how i miss those days when you win your MAJORS, i hope you could do it AGAIN , maybe a FRENCH TROPHY will do :)) hehehehehe . HOPE your going to play at INDIAN WELLS and MIAMI and play awesome tennis , won the BACK-to-BACK TOURNAMENTS. And i wish that you will do GREAT in the CLAY SEASON :))

March 4, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Reply
  12. Tor Erik Tobiassen

Hi, I'm Tor from Norway. How is your French?

March 4, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Reply
  13. Luis

Hello, Maria! Do you think your looks and your life as a model has allowed a public perception to take hold that you are more of a public image than an athlete?

March 4, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  14. Björn Svenhard

Dear Ms Shaparova,

I've read about your upraisal and started to wonder: in what country would you prefer to live – in the US or in the Russia?

Kind regards, Björn Svenhard

March 4, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Reply
  15. Mohamed ElSawy, from Cairo Egypt

As long as I remember, I alway hope to have a big hug with a long liss with Maria Sharapova

March 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  16. faheem qureshi

i just wanna to ask about her plans of mingling fashion into tennis if there is any?

March 4, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  17. Michael Scott

Dear Maria,
    Why do all the tennis announcers, except Bud Collins, pronounce your last name wrong?
    MS

PS I'm a fan in Carmel California.

March 4, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Reply
  18. TOMI

i jst wnt 2 ask dat in every she does she pray 2 god

March 4, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Reply
  19. eyal

In my opnion' when u view, women tennis in open era, Steffi Graf is 2 level above of all current stars such as sharapova' williams, henin and the russian and surbian crew. and her records prove it !!!!

March 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Reply
  20. Russ Korte

Hi;
    You were great. I watched your determined and winning attitude as much as I could.
    My feeling is you played better with your Father present.
    Your clothing/jewelry/perfume business sidelines are nice.
    I think you won't be winning majors anymore due to injury, loss of Father coach, and marriage. Just my 2 cents.
    Seems you've met your match with even younger and more pretty payers. Though, they don't have the money you've acquired, YET...

March 4, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  21. Kinimi

At the end of the day when all is said and done...do you dream of spending the evening by the river with the cold breeze embracing your face and nothing but freedom everything that surrounds you...specially during your bad days...?

March 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Reply
  22. Kinimi

At the end of the day when all is said and done...do you dream of spending the evening by the river with the cold breeze embracing your face and nothing but freedom from everything that surrounds you...specially during your bad days...?

From Nagaland, India.

March 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Reply
  23. Jeff

As a professional and former number 1, have you ever had a day where you were not recognized, and actually felt like a normal everyday person out of the public limelight?

March 4, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Reply
  24. Mike

Maria do you really have to grunt so much! Can't help but wonder what sounds you produce during sex!

March 4, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Reply
  25. Santosh Krishnan

"If I told you I want your body now, would you hold it against me?"

March 4, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Reply
  26. doris

hi maria. love u not only 4 ur fashion but more 4 ur attitude n tennis its amazing how mentally strong u r. if u had the decision to make between the french open or the olympic gold which will it be n y? plz answer ur biggest fan. one more thing u r an amazing person. thanks for inspiring me. always b a fan

March 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  27. oladejo hakeem

Am yur through fan I luv d way play d game pls I will like 2 know when did u start playing dis tennis, and what was yur favourite sport when u are kid,thanks

March 4, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Reply
  28. James

It is awesome that you have so many abilities! You're a professional athelete and a professional model! And you're able to handle it with all the pressure placed on you by so many people in the media, sponsors, fans, significant other, etc. I wish people would stop harassing you so much! Your millions(or is it billions?) of fans hope you get healthy and get back out to do whatever YOU want to do!
    Oh, I forgot to mention – you're gorgeous too! (HOT!) How do you handle it?:-)
    Poka!!
    James
    Tampa, FL

March 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Reply
  29. Joana Cardoso

Hi Maria.
    I'm form Portugal.
    I have a Portuguese blog with a friend of mine to support you and give to the Portuguese's fans everything they need to know about you. I Love you and i had the amazing opportunity of interview the great Michael Joyce, your former coach and close friend. He is amazing just like you.
    I want to ask you if do you think that you will win a Grand Slam tittle this year and witch of them you will win it.
    Best of luck, love you, you are the best!
    sharapovaportugal.blogspot.com

March 4, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Reply
  30. Laura Davis

Hello, Maria. Over the past few years you have really struggled, do you think your struggles are mental, physical or both? Do you think you can get back to where you were and be an elite player again? Are you gonna play tennis after the 2012 Olympics? Will you retire if you don't win another grand slam soon? What do you think it will take to get back on top? More matches, more tournaments? I personally think that if you can get your serve to be a weapon again, your whole game is going to come together. Do you agree? How long do you think it will take before you are back to your best?

March 5, 2011 at 12:03 am | Reply
  31. Khan1934

1. Is she ready to work 100x harder to get back on top?
    2. Is she ready to accept the fact that she needs to revamp her tennis style and the thought/strategies.
    3. She must forget her past success, this is a new chapter , does she know or has it sunk in in her yet?

I'm expressed this way because I'm her fan and want to see her back on top for at least 3-4 more years.

March 5, 2011 at 4:25 am | Reply
  32. Jurgen Brul

Hello Maria Sharapova and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Maria Sharapova on the following questions:

– How will your tennis Improve our world?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Maria Sharapova’s replies.
    Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

March 6, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Reply
  33. Tsesarevich Vilhelm Ulfar Vilhelmsson Romanov

I feel very sad now and want to cry. I did not know that you had found your love! Early this morning I send my Imperial Egg around the world that I made for you in 2005 but Putin arrested me and everything went fucked up or until now. You can see your egg at http://www.1999-9991.com yeas shit happens. But I will always be there for you!

March 7, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Reply
  34. bill maxey

do you ever come to Portland Oregon ? would like to meet you someday, not only are you agreat tennis player but the way you conduct yourself with all with all the camras and people about make me want to meet you all the more...i have been a fan of yours every since the final moments of the 2004 quarters of wimbledon...and then on thru the finals....and if i ever get the oppurtunity i would like for you to whisper for my ears only the name of the person who inspired you to win 04 wimbledon...just between you and me...if not then who inspired you to win 2006 us open..or the 2008 aussie .....i wonder if it is the same person?....anyway hope you read this ....your mental preperation is beyond compare...and you represent the game of tennis very well....your parents must be trully proud ..hopfully i will see you sooner than later..respectfully ...bmaxey37@msn.com

March 7, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Reply
  35. Sanjib

Hi,

My first question is:

As an excellent tennis player, how do you rate Martina Navratilova and Steffi Graf....! I mean who is a better player in your opinion (though I agree that it all depends on many factors like which surface they are playing and other factors).

Second question is:

How do you rate your chance of winning another grand slam title considering other players still playing like Williams sisters, Russian players like Damienteva, Zvenarova etc. and other emerging young players, those you may face in the final.

Also: What are the reasons do you think the players like Ana Ivanisevic, Anna Kurnikova (some time back) and Zelena Zankovic suddenly lost their forms and out of even first 50 rankings (from top 3 spots) at such a young age (may be 22 years only).

Best wishes;