Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Monday's Connector: Footballer Lionel Messi

March 8th, 2011

Lionel Messi is one of the most talented and talked about footballers of this generation.

The 23-year-old Argentinian played his first league match for FC Barcelona in 2005, when he became the youngest player ever to score a league goal for the team.

Messi has since gone on to break multiple records and win numerous awards.

He won FIFA’s World Player of the Year award in 2009 and the FIFA Ballon d’Or in 2010, and had a record-breaking 2009-2010 season, scoring 47 goals across all competitions.

The famous footballer is also well-known for his charity work. He started the Leo Messi Foundation in 2007, working to improve access to education and health care for children.

He will also soon join the likes of Orlando Bloom and Ricky Martin as one of UNICEF’s goodwill ambassadors.

Have you got anything you want to ask Lionel Messi?

Leave your questions below, and remember to tell us where you’re writing in from.

1. Argha banerjee

hiii leo..... bst of luk for d arsenal match......em one of ur biggest fans!!!

March 8, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  2. Surhaj

How many time that fifa give u awad or world foot baller

March 8, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Reply
  3. John layza

Im one of the biggest fans and my daughter that is 3 wants to meet you 2 in the U.S.A and FC Barcelona I want to go to Spain to meet him one day he truly is a legend of Futbol and the best player of this time Here from North Carolina

March 8, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  4. Brandon

Messi keep scoring! Oklahoma, USA!

March 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  5. Brian

Hope you crashed Arsenal again tonight !!!

March 8, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Reply
  6. Name*francisvo

Hey messi,
    Bring better soccer programs to the united states. USA needs better soccer programs. Please help

March 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  7. anish

keep it up lio

March 8, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  8. Lawal Qudus

My name is lawal qudus,Am from nigeria,lagos state. am 15 yrs of age, am one of ur greatest fan my future dream is 2 be a professional footbal but due 2 maybe am short or i look old in face makes people think am useless,my parents most especially my dad who is a lecture in university of lagos does not like seeing me play ball cuz in my heart i wish 2 change my family name into a great one like u've done even though in my street am always called different kind of nickname most especially 'little messi' cuz when eva am chanced 2 watch ball & i see u play am always happy cuz wat eva way of play u do i put it into practice & am always happy, senior bro i need ur help if is dat u will be giving me tips of advice or if u can help tell d barÇa board 2 open a football academy here in nigeria & if its ur own foundation pls help us cuz many are out there who are looking 4 a way 2 make it through football dat is why am always saving my money to join academy after my waec cuz when eva i play ball i always feel dspirit.

March 8, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  9. Taimoor

Messi, You rule the world! And i hope barcelona beat arsenal today!

March 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  10. Shubhi Kaushik

Hey,
    You are probably the best player out there but if not you, who according to you is the best player?

Delhi, India

March 8, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Reply
  11. Argha banerjee

great goals leo!!!!! d first one waZ a stunner & d second clinical ..... vamos leo!!!

March 8, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Reply
  12. Jane

Messi,
    I cant wait till you guys play U.S.A. on March 26th. Please score a goal for us. From New York, USA.

March 9, 2011 at 3:00 am | Reply
  13. Az

Hi, Messi
    I understand that you have achieved everything that one soccer player could possibly achieve. What motivates you now? New York, USA

March 9, 2011 at 3:18 am | Reply
  14. Az

Hi, Messi
    Thank you for trashing Arsenal again.You are the best!

March 9, 2011 at 3:45 am | Reply
  15. Justin

Hi Leo,

I thank you for your hard effort last night, and thanks to your team mates who contributed immensely to the victory... Please leo, am a footballer and also a live fan of FC BARCELONA, i want you to help me come to come over to Spain and play in Barcelona feeder's team. I love Barcelona and would love to play with their feeder team please i beg of you..

March 9, 2011 at 8:11 am | Reply
  16. Karilyn Velez

Im a huge Leo Messi fan from Puerto Rico. I would like to ask him if he plans to open an official tweeter account to be connected with his fans like his teammates Pique, Iniesta and Puyol do. (Messi si tienes la oportunidad de leer esto: Gracias por existir, que Dios te bendiga, campeón)

March 9, 2011 at 10:09 am | Reply
  17. Chris Robinson

Messi, I'm amazed at your skill! One question: when you point to the sky, what are you pointing to?

March 9, 2011 at 10:12 am | Reply
  18. Name*Byron

Leo are you human ???

March 9, 2011 at 10:14 am | Reply
  19. Wilfred Oluoch

Hi Messi, Would you consider coming to Kenya, East Africa to play a charity game with young kids and maybe help build a home for some of the kids with no place to sleep and nothing to eat. Besides, all the Barca fans in Nairobi would simply be blown. And bring all the other 'boys' along as well.

March 9, 2011 at 11:06 am | Reply
  20. Nike

Messi, I consider you greatest footballer of the present day football. Would really love to meet you in person.
    How do you manage football and your private life and still remain a simple player with all your great skills?

March 9, 2011 at 11:19 am | Reply
  21. Sima Safieddine

Go Messi! My son 6 is a HUGE fan!!!! You practically live with us!!! Keep it up.....

March 9, 2011 at 11:37 am | Reply
  22. John Mwangi Osido

Hey Messi,
    What is your feelings about sports? Can you train a country like Kenya where I come from. Thanks for your charity work, Thank you for giving kids a chance in education.

March 9, 2011 at 11:41 am | Reply
  23. Stephen Mayers

Lionel,

You are very humble and a great example to many kids.

What are the main influences on your life in how you chose to behave?

What advice would you give young kids in dealing with the stress and pressures of being a professional footballer?

When the game was played it was 9/3 in Australia – my birthday. Thanks for a great birthday present.

Stephen, 50 +
    Sydney, Australia
    Lifelong Barca fan

March 9, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Reply
  24. Rahul

Hi, I believe you are one of the most talented footballer of our times. Irrespective of awards, money and fan following (which by the way includes my sister who is in love with you), feel Leo Messi Foundation will help chidren in far flng areas which UNICEF is not able to cover. There are still million of children in India, bangladesh, burma and so on who might not have even heard about you. Forget UNICEF and any founation, how about you show yourself in such countries, without banners, unsponsered, nothing planned, just show up and play wth kids in slummy streets..i think world will see a different and personal side of Lionnel Messi, which isnt prompted under name of charity...why not leo messi spread smiles on such faces just because of his own sudden presence and smile himself as well – Turkey

March 9, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Reply
  25. happymonday

Who are you?

March 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Reply
  26. Alexis

Lionel: cual es el mayor riesgo para este equipo no siga triunfando y jugando de la forma que lo hace? Desde Singapur.

March 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Reply
  27. Jeffrey

What are the most important soccer skills to teach young children? My daughter (9) and son (7) are on teams and I am one of the coaches. Hoping Barca win the treble this year!

March 9, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Reply
  28. Jeffrey

Your comment is awaiting moderation.

Baltimore, USA

March 9, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  29. Amin

What motivates you to work hard at every training session you attend? What goes through your head, what music do you listen to, prayers you say, things you talk about?...things of that sort

Washington DC!

March 9, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Reply
  30. Arno Pareja

– Would you ever leave Barcelona FC ? (not that we want you to !)

– Were you sincerely surprised when you won your second Ballon D'Or ?

– You're still very young but have won every major competition with FC Barcelona, what still motivates you ? Winning the World Cup with Argentina ?

Arno Pareja – Paris, France

March 9, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  31. Sean

Leo, I've been following you quite a while. I am always amazed by what you can do on and off the pitch. Your life story is also quite amazing. You are a true class act!

Do you have any books out or anything? I would really enjoy reading something about your life from your point of view.

Good luck this year and hopefully one day I can meet you.
    BARCA, BARCA, BAARRRRCCAA!!!

March 9, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  32. Sean

From Dallas, Tx

March 9, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  33. Adnan Nour

March 9, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Reply
  34. Adnan Nour

I always thirsty to watch Barcelona's match and I wish you and Barcelona to be the winner for the champions league title this year. Baravo Messi Bravo Barcelona......from Adnan, North Sumatra, Indonesia

March 9, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Reply
  35. frank

Hola guapo,
    you will remain the best as far as football is concern. please bring your football academic in Nigeria because i am one of your fans in malaga, Spain.

March 9, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Reply
  36. Myrna Gales Stierlin

i really love watching Messi's style, so humble and friendly person. but the most i llike him is he has a big heart with his Leo Messi foundation helping the less privilege for education and access to health care. May he will visit and extend help to our poor children in the Philippines.Also may your talent in soccer be an example to all specially to AZKAL team in the Philippines. BRAVO Messi. GOD BLESS...

March 9, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  37. Stephen

What do you think of the decision to award the next 2 World Cups to Russia and Qatar?

March 9, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  38. Edwin Medrano

Hey messi
    I hope i get to see you in the USA vs Argentina game it wont be the same with out you.

From New York!

March 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  39. Maria Belen

Leo eres Grande!!!, you inspire little boys all over the world to love "futbol", thanks to you my little nephew and his friends are soccer lovers, keeping them away from TV and Video Games!, So, can you share with them any thought that you had when you were 8?, Gracias!, A Southamerican in Phoenix!

March 9, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Reply
  40. Rwego Bob

I once told a couple of friends of mine that you will surpass Ronaldinho but they just laughed it off, matter of fact i'm wearing Dinho's jersey right now coz its not easy to find an a MESSI authentic jersey in Uganda but hey the sky is the limit and one thing i respect about you is you trust GOD in every move on the ball

March 9, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  41. Chukwunyerugo.

Messiless! I wish u all d best as you play on. Players like you light up the game!

March 9, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  42. Mark MacCuish

Leo, having overcome your hormone illness at such a young age, to go on to become the greatest football player on Earth, what advice do you give to young athlete of similar situations (who have a physical ailment) ?

March 9, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Reply
  43. randolph

messi u are the best hope u can stay healthy for many more years to come..from barbados

March 9, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Reply
  44. noel khan

Hi Messi,hope you are fine.im Noel writing to you from kuwait,im a big fan for FC barcelona and i was hoping in the near future to be a player of this club,i was inspired by the way you play football and its changed my views towards football,i used to dislike football but in this 2010 world cup,the games played inspired me and i got addicted to football very much, i hope you get this message and reply to me as soon as you can,from your friend Noel Khan

March 9, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Reply
  45. walex

i love messi

March 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Reply
  46. Roger NIH

Hey Messi
    are you still in Barcelona because of what they did to help you or you long to play else where but you're held back against your will to FC Barcelona?

March 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Reply
  47. James

Who in your opinion is the greatest sportsman ever?

March 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Reply
  48. Paul

Hola Messi, te admiro muchisimo y eres un orgullo para todos los latinos que seguimos muy de cerca este maravilloso deporte. Mi pregunta es la siguiente, tu crees que fue un error haber contratado a Diego para dirigir la seleccion nacional en el ultimo mundial? o se le debe de dar otra oportunidad? ya que nadie quiere hablar de Maradona.

un Saludo

March 9, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Reply
  49. Ajmal khan

I am a fans of FC barcelona, Just because they have players like Messi, Niesta, chave and others`who perform like super heros but are very humble and behave like common people. Wish them to be always in this beautiful game of football, setting examples for younger to follow

March 9, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Reply
  50. Jordan Rendle

Hola Leo! Greetings from a Canadian fan in Buenos Aires! I'm a sixteen year old who is constantly being told that I'll never make any professional football team. I'm not expecting to, but I was just wondering what advice you would give to an aspiring young athlete who wishes to one day make it in a great sport such as football... Thanks! Sos una inspiracion brillante!

March 9, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  51. Arun

How do you play so fearless ?

March 9, 2011 at 6:56 pm | Reply
  52. julius

not picking yourself, who is, in your opinion, the best striker and midfielder in the game right now? what do you do when you are not playing, practicing futbol?

March 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Reply
  53. Wa'el Al Rawashdeh

Leo: with all the talent and star-names within the Argentinian national team, how come you failed to reach your Barcelona-Level at the WC?
    and when you look back, what does the match against Germany mean to you?
    Best of luck,
    W.A

March 9, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Reply
  54. julius

from California

March 9, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Reply
  55. Safia

Are you ever amazed with your success?
    What is your crowning achievement?

All the best!

March 9, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Reply
  56. Apurva Amin

SPeaking strictly from a futbol perspective, u have made the game an enjoyment for me to watch. The competetiveness alnog with the creativity and passion Messi brings to the field is something that other sports figures throughout the world lack. It brightens my day when I have a chance to watch FC BArca, as I am in Queens, NY, in the afternoons. A total team oriented game lead by the greatest playa, or soon to be, who stepped foot on a futbol field.

March 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Reply
  57. Amin

Many athletes have pre game routines, I was wondering if you had one before facing an opponent, or a certain team/rival?

March 9, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Reply
  58. Jorge

Lio, you are a very fine example for today youth. Congratulations and simple put: Best player of the World!

March 9, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Reply
  59. Mina

Hi Leo,

You do the Sign of the Cross to celebrate every goal. How important is your faith to your successes?

March 9, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  60. Connie

Senor Messi, I love to watch you play because you are clever and creative about making opportunities to score where other players might not see them. Do you think that is something you would be able to teach others if you ever become a coach?

By the way, I also appreciate the fact that you are a very clean player. It is much more fun to watch a game that is won or lost on skill and heart rather than intimidation.

March 9, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Reply
  61. shafi

hey come to st. louis, mo usa to see me!!! u rock

March 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Reply
  62. Mike Stewart

What are you doing to help kids in your native Rosario?

March 9, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Reply
  63. ADRIAN

Hi, Leo,
    I have 3 questions for you:
    1. During last year World Cup there were a couple of major referee errors. Do you see any solutions to correct these mistakes in the future? Could these obviously bad decisions be avoided through the use of technology?
    2. We know about the fabulous amount of money involved in soccer. Isn't too much money? Hadn't the soccer lost its beauty because of this huge amount of money?
    3. Can you name the first 3 soccer players of all times (in your opinion) and the reason for your choice?

Thanks for taking time to talk to us.
    Best.
    Adrian (Romania)

March 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Reply
  64. Sarah

Hi Messi, I'm a major fan of yours from Singapore.
    I was wondering about your opinion on whether or not Guardiola should prioritize promoting youth team players or buying players from other clubs.

March 9, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Reply
  65. James

Who do you look up to?
    James from London

March 9, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Reply
  66. Andrew

Hi! Thanks for taking our questions! 😀

What do you think of Cristiano Ronaldo as a person (on and off the field) and as a player?

Andrew
    Taipei, Taiwan

March 9, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  67. Jussi Eerikainen

Leo: Felicitaciones por todos los exitos de tu carrera. Entiendo la manera de tocar la pelota del Barca y me gusta mucho, pero no se le podria anadir los tiros de media distancia de Adriano, Iniesta, Xavi un poco mas? El unico que veo hacerlo es a Dani Alves, Pedro y muy de vez en cuando Mascherano. A veces veo que ellos son timoratos para patear a la puerta. De todas formas: Sigue con tu buen trabajo. Todos en casa te queremos. Visca el Barca!!!

March 9, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Reply
  68. JC_Chicago

Lio, after the bitter loses of worldcup 2006 and 2010, will anything but a championship on home soil be considered success for Copa America?

also, if you had to choose, would you pick winning champion's league and la liga with barcelona or copa america with argentina?

March 10, 2011 at 12:15 am | Reply
  69. Jurgen Brul

Hello Lionel Messi and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Lionel Messi on the following questions:

– How will FC Barcelona Improve our world?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Lionel Messi’s replies.
    Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

March 10, 2011 at 12:20 am | Reply
  70. William

While you are still young, only 23, what is the proudest moment of your life so far? Indiana, United States.

March 10, 2011 at 12:56 am | Reply
  71. West

Hola Messi,

Gracias for your brilliant performance against Arsenal last night!

1. What are your views on the Messi-Villa-Pedro trident? Do you think David Villa has fully adapted yet?

2. Do you do anything special in practice to make you such a special player?

3. Who curses most or uses the most bad words during games?

Good luck with Barca & Argentina!!! Hope to see you in the U.S. this summer!

March 10, 2011 at 1:24 am | Reply
  72. West

Hola Messi,

Gracias for your brilliant performance against Arsenal last night!

2. Do you do anything special in practice to make you such a special player?

3. Who curses most or uses the most bad words during games?

Good luck with Barca & Argentina!!! Hope to see you in the U.S. this summer!

– from San Francisco, California

March 10, 2011 at 1:25 am | Reply
  73. Mlayashangei Mhela

Messi sounds like messy. but this guy is super-clean – both in his goals and character. Messi, who is your hero, who is your mentor?
    Mlayashabangei, Tanzania

March 10, 2011 at 1:29 am | Reply
  74. Lukas

Hey there Messi, do you ever plan anything? or is everything you do spontaneous?

Also what keeps your spirits up for you to produce such brilliant performances every time?

Vancouver, CA.

March 10, 2011 at 1:33 am | Reply
  75. Luke Hagel

Would you ever consider playing for an Argentine team? Have you ever talked with other futbol stars from Argentina about playing for a club here? The atmosphere here is the best in the world, but the quality of the game is lacking at times. Buenos Aires, Argentina

March 10, 2011 at 1:49 am | Reply
  76. Rishi Singh

Hi,
    I am from Trinidad and Tobago and I just wanted to find out if Lionel Messi ever gets tired of playing football. It seems to me that you play every minute of every game which is played by Barcelona.Congrats to the most talented footballer in the world.

Thanks.

March 10, 2011 at 2:06 am | Reply
  77. Luis Carlos Gonzalez

Leo, Saludos desde Costa Rica! Tenés la expectativa de hacer toda tu carrera en el F.C.B? De ser así, creés que logrés romper el record de goles en Liga de Cesar? Espero que podás jugar el amistoso de la Albicesete contra Costa Rica! Un abrazo...

Leo, Best regards from Costa Rica! Do you expect to play your whole career for F.C.B? If so, do believe you will beat Cesar Rodriguez's record as F.C.B.'s all time top scorer in La Liga?

March 10, 2011 at 2:09 am | Reply
  78. George Thomas

At Barcelona, you have a mobile set of defensive backs that support the team's attack and still play effective defense. Argentina has, for the most part, been missing players for these two key positions, so much so that central defenders and midfielders were used in the World Cup in these positions.

How will Argentina adjust it's offense to help make sure you get enough movement with and around you in the upcoming Copa America?

Good luck in the Copa America.

March 10, 2011 at 2:34 am | Reply
  79. Marianne

You've recently played better with Barça than with Argentina's national team. Ever considered applying for the Spanish nationality and playing with Spain in the future?

March 10, 2011 at 2:52 am | Reply
  80. Clark Woodard

What, if anything (besides uniforms), will change with July 1, 2001 when Qatar Foundation becomes co-sponsor with UNICEF? What will the new funds be allocated for? What is your opinion?

-Clark Woodard
    Barcelona, Spain by way of Chapel Hill, NC

March 10, 2011 at 3:00 am | Reply
  81. Pablo

He is a great player, my question is why he scores all the time with Barca but not when he plays for his national team: Argentina ?

Thanks, Pablo

March 10, 2011 at 3:00 am | Reply
  82. Jorge

Lio: First of all, congratulations on your incredible playing form.

Question: Do you have a workout routine apart from the soccer excercises and trainings?

Greetings from Guatemala!

Lio Messi! The Best of the World

March 10, 2011 at 3:13 am | Reply
  83. Mario M. Ebanks

How about coming to the Cayman Islands to take part if a fundraising match for a non-profit organization?

March 10, 2011 at 3:22 am | Reply
  84. Amory Brandon

Honorable Messi,

I'm writing from Buenos Aires, Argentina, and want to know how you think the national team will fare in the next World Cup under a new coach and with a younger squad? Keep making our nation proud!

Respectfully,
    Amory Brandon

March 10, 2011 at 5:00 am | Reply
  85. Otu Kebá, from Berlin

I just wanted to emphasize the human qualities of Leonel who make him very different and much superior to Beckham, Cristiano Ronaldo or many other very well known world players. May be Zenedine Zidane approaches a little such quality, nonobstant he was not able ignore the provocation he was victim at 2006 final, in Germany. Good luck Messy.

March 10, 2011 at 5:32 am | Reply
  86. Chew

What would you have been, if you weren't a footballer?

What is your favourite food?

March 10, 2011 at 5:52 am | Reply
  87. Darko, Macedonia

Leo, going into next season, what do you think are the positions of the Barca squad that need strenghtening? Also, what is your favorite moment in your career so far?

March 10, 2011 at 6:03 am | Reply
  88. Darko, Macedonia

Would you ever play for another club other than Barca?

March 10, 2011 at 6:17 am | Reply
  89. Mike

Leo,

What is your favorite goal/play/player from history?

From Chicago

March 10, 2011 at 6:22 am | Reply
  90. Fahim Ahmed

All the Personal & League Titles are Noting against Winning the Football World Cup.
    Can You inspire Your Argentian Team in 2014 World Cup in Brazil
    Like Maradona did in 1986 World Cup in Mexico?.
    Tough You have amazing ability to score goals.
    Best Of Luck...

March 10, 2011 at 6:42 am | Reply
  91. Williams Emeka Orjiakor

Dear Mecci,

Thank God for making you the best footballer in your generation, i also appreciate your charity initiative for the less previleged, i use this medium to plead that extend you hand of charity to Africa especially war torn countries where social ammenities is highly needed though those could be ssen as Governmental issues.But i plead with those who are opportuned and has the fear of God to expend your love for helping the less previlleged down to Africa, i am an African a Nigerian nationality resident in South Africa.
    May the good Lord we serve continue to use you as a blessing to others and continue to polish your leathal boot for more goals and victories.
    He will continue to guard and protect you in Jesus Mighthy name, Amen.

March 10, 2011 at 7:03 am | Reply
  92. Alex

Hi Messi! Who is the toughest goalkeeper you've ever gone up against? From Cerdanyola, Spain!

March 10, 2011 at 7:20 am | Reply
  93. Val

How would you describe and rate the teenage football training programme at Barcalona and what makes it special and unique to other training programmes around the world.

March 10, 2011 at 7:59 am | Reply
  94. Udi

Hello Leo,
    I am a big fan of Barca, for many years now, and visited the Camp Nou some years ago. Unfortunately, during my 2 weeks stay in Barcelona there was no game played.
    I want to invite you to visit Israel (The Holy Land). I am sure it will be a great experience for you. You are the best player in the best team and I wish you many more years of success, enjoyment and important charity work.
    Viscu Barca!

March 10, 2011 at 8:12 am | Reply
  95. Olofinjana Ayodeji

Thanks for crushing arsenal....GREAT GOAL!!!
    Please don't stop scoring.........
    NIGERIA

March 10, 2011 at 8:29 am | Reply
  96. Ziad

Messi, Are you planning to stay with Barcelona?

March 10, 2011 at 8:54 am | Reply
  97. Edwin Adiyia

Messi, how do you survive tackles from other players who are bigger in structure than you? and it seems you dont get tired on the field what keeps you moving on and on and on ? EDWIN ADIYIA- GHANA

March 10, 2011 at 9:12 am | Reply
  98. Nzube Iwugo-Godwin

March 10, 2011 at 9:19 am | Reply
  99. Ben

Hey Leo

You always seem so composed on the pitch, does the pressure of big match situations get to you at all? How do you manage to be the best player in the world in every game you play when all eyes are on you?!

Your the best player ever! Looking forward to seeing you get better and better!

All the best from Wellington, NZ

March 10, 2011 at 9:20 am | Reply
  100. Nzube Iwugo-Godwin

U are just too hot to handle..I love ur humility above all..Keep makin people happy.My son jeffry(4yrs) adores you.From Nigeria.

March 10, 2011 at 9:20 am | Reply
  101. fernando Otero

Messi eres un grande! No solamente por lo bien que juegas, pero por tu forma de ser. Los grandes de verdad se manejan con humildad y con sencillez tal como tu. Esto es lo que te hace un fenomeno. No cambies. Que dios te bendiga, te de salud para que puedas seguir jugando para que el mundo vea a un grande en accion por muchos años.
    saludos desde Republica Dominicana.

March 10, 2011 at 10:16 am | Reply
  102. Ern

Hi Messi. What motivates you to do well in football and what do you see yourself doing after your football career has ended? Singapore!

March 10, 2011 at 10:36 am | Reply
  103. Latif

Missi really you are a best and best player of the world and no body will become like you and i love you and god bless you .
    I request a one thing from you brother , please become a Muslim
    that mean come in Islam Please

Your Muslim Brother
    A.A.Saudagar

March 10, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Reply
  104. Lee

If you had to pick another club to play later during your career, would it be going back to Newell's Old Boys, going to another club, or staying in Barcelona? Explain why.

Ohio, USA

March 10, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Reply
  105. Jonny

Hey Messi i am a huge fan of yours. my one question is

-when you point to the heavens after a goal, what are you pointing to?

March 10, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Reply
  106. Juancito

Hola Messi.
    I have been watching football since the mid 1980s and watched Maradona play in the 1986 world cup in Mexico. I have read and listened to people comment that in the 1980s the football was much rougher or physical such as tackles from behind. Today the players are better protected and allow referees to penalise harsh tackles. However the pace of the game has quickened. Today people compare you to Maradona, that you are the next Maradona. Even Diego himself says you are like him. Since you are currently playing today, what would you say to the idea Maradona could have been even better playing today than back in the 80s? Juancito, Australia

March 10, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Reply
  107. Amzard Ali

hey leo!...congrts on your spectacular performance for barcalona!.....man i'm such a huge fan of your team and you......i would like to know if you're ever gonna be visiting our small island of trinidad and tobago?....and how do you do it man?.....when you play those matches....you're AMAZING

March 11, 2011 at 1:02 am | Reply
  108. HULK

Hi Dear LEO

You are such a DELIGHT TO WATCH but you should not be so MODEST celebrating your brilliant achievements, MIND YOU I LOVE YOU FOR IT!!!

You are SIMPLY THE BEST.

March 11, 2011 at 1:21 am | Reply
  109. Desmond Wyatt

Hey Leo Messi, I am huge fan and I wanted to know what drives you to be the player that you are today. Is there a particular person or persons that drives. Or do you simply do it for the love of the game?

March 11, 2011 at 1:26 am | Reply
  110. bob

how much did barca pay to get rvp sent off

March 11, 2011 at 3:23 am | Reply
  111. JOSEPH

Hi Messi.i`m one of your favourate & u`re playing fantastic football & i`m also a supporter of ur team Barcelona.i just want to know if u`re married or not & what do you think about standard of football in South africa compare to Spain or Europe

March 11, 2011 at 7:07 am | Reply
  112. ades

hi messi,
    i dont know what to say am really amaze of your wonderfull works in the team and all the player of the team.what i would like to tell you is that you most stay close to God,the one that gave you this talent,and also u need jesus in your life.If you already have jesus christ,the sky is not your limit.danke.writting you from germany.

March 11, 2011 at 7:19 am | Reply
  113. Elnatan

Stay how you are .. Keep your health points to leave Barcelona

Safed, Israel

March 11, 2011 at 7:39 am | Reply
  114. Seung-Hyon Lee

When you were young, who did you look up to in the world of soccer?

March 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Reply
  115. Andrew Mudibo

I would like to invite you to Kenya as a guest of a football tournament during your break in football matches. You are the greatest. Arsenal players and fans really need to bow to the King

March 11, 2011 at 11:12 am | Reply
  116. Francis

Hi Messi, i edge u to bring fatasticsoccer to Africa also so we can also benefit from it.U just too difficult to be handed with,the best player ever.Keep on doing the tremedeous magic for my team.Oseeeeeeeeeeey barca no size.Tanx for the great talent.

March 11, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Reply
  117. Francis

Charley Messi u are toooooooo much.From Ghana.

March 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Reply
  118. adjei-affum

hi leo,i know you are the best player in the world and barcelona is the greatest team on the planet.you have handled your self well regardless of your talents which i dare say is uncomparable.how do you handle the pressure and the attention?

March 11, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Reply
  119. vilhelm skarstedt

how long are you going to play fotr Barca and what team will you go to

April 17, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Reply
  120. Nita - Indonesia

Dear Messi,
    you are simply the best – like it! Real nice and calm when in action. How do u feel become that rich with everything around u? If I were u (only dreamt) I would like to help people suffered from hunger.. Will u?

Cheers

Nita

June 4, 2011 at 1:59 am | Reply
  121. Cristiano ronaldo injury

Loosing the particular Cristiano Ronaldo from your Premiership may alone increase the risk for income involving shirts decrease and since regarding the globe document price tag this individual quickly …Cristiano Ronaldo hot

February 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Reply