Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Quiz actress Emmy Rossum

March 23rd, 2011

Actress and singer Emmy Rossum has already impressed audiences for captivating performances in films such as "The Phantom of the Opera" and "The Day After Tomorrow" - all at the young age of only twenty-three.

Rossum is currently the star of the new Showtime series called "Shameless" alongside well-known acting veteran William H Macy.

Before that, she had her big break in a leading role in the film-based musical "The Phantom of the Opera" where she earned a Golden Globe nomination for her role.

Rossum is also an accomplished singer, recording her first album in 2007 for Geffen records called "Inside Out".

Here's your chance to quiz Emmy Rossum so please leave your questions below and be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. glamazon

how long does it take you to get ready for a red carpet event?
    any style tips?

March 23, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Reply
  2. Michael

do you prefer singing or acting more?

March 23, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Reply
  3. jumper

what's it like working on shameless? i love that show! enjoy working with william h macy>?

March 23, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Reply
  4. Kathrine

Hi Emmy! You seem to be travelling a lot! Do you have any tips for dealing with jet-lag and/or getting some sleep on planes?

March 23, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Reply
  5. ariana

Hi Emmy, I'm a big fan. Here are my questions:

Do you read fanfiction about you?

You've mentioned a second untitled album. Is this still in the works? If so, when and what type of music will it be this time?

Do you have any plans to return to the stage like Romeo and Juliet?

Do you have any upcoming movies?

Who's a better kisser- Patrick Wilson or Gerard Butler?

-Ariana, in Paris

March 23, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  6. Linda

Why is Max hosting Connect the world, where's Becky?

March 23, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  7. Jacquie

What sort of preparation or research do you do before playing a character in film or on stage?

March 26, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Reply
  8. Johnkelly Shelburne

I know that you're shooting SHAMELESS in July this year. If you are free to do so, would you be interested in attending the Savannah Film Festival again this year from Oct. 29- Nov. 5, 2011? BTW, I'm a resident of Mississippi who is currently attend SCAD as a Master of Arts in Cinema Studies student.

March 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  9. Johnkelly Shelburne

Emmy, I've been a long-time supporter and fan ever since 2004. My other two questions are: are Cinnamon and Fiona getting along any better? Also, what happened to Sugar?- my apologies if this is a painful subject.

March 31, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Reply
  10. Samantha

Hi! I've been a fan of yours since I saw you in "phantom". You are so beautiful and so talented and I can't wait to see more of your work in the future!
    1. Can you see yourself acting in comedies besides "Shameless"? Like rom-coms and such?

2. Like you, I have very big, brown eyes. Do you have any make-up tips for playing them up? Because yours always look amazing. I'm also really fair and have dark hair and eyebrows too, so make-up tips in general are greatly appreciated! 🙂

Sam, from Arkansas

March 31, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Reply
  11. Sydney

Hi,

I am a huge fan of your work! Anyway, here is my question: If the "Glee" tv show makes a guest role for you, would you do it?

April 1, 2011 at 4:15 am | Reply
  12. Jenny

Hi Emmy,

I'm from the Netherlands and your cd was never sold here. Do you have any say in this? If so, can you maybe make sure they will sell the second album in Europe or the Netherlands (or both).

Are you still nervous when you have an audition? Do you have any tips for auditions?

The background music in several songs of your cd, your voice as the music, is different from other artists. Why did you decide to do that? It sounds amazing so it was a very good idea.

April 1, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Reply
  13. Micheal

I hear you like to travel. What places have you visited?

April 1, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Reply
  14. Johnkelly Shelburne

Emmy, you performed an audiobook called "Our Only May Amelia"- with which you did a very good job. How did that project come to you and are you interested in doing another audiobook soon?

April 2, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  15. Johnkelly Shelburne

Final Post: Emmy, according ot the director Dan Ireland's commentary, your mom was a walk-on extra in the film PASSIONADA- my favorite movie of yours, BTW. Would you ever try to get her another small part in one of your projects, maybe with some lines?

April 3, 2011 at 12:32 am | Reply
  16. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Emmy Rossum and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Emmy Rossum on the following questions:

– How will you Improve our World?

– What can we expect from you in 2011 and beyond?

I am awaiting Emmy Rossum’s replies.
    Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

April 3, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  17. Mike

Hi Emmy. I hear you like to travel often. Where have you been and what is your favorite place?

April 5, 2011 at 12:12 am | Reply
  18. Keira

Hi,

I'd like to ask Emmy the following, would she be interested in reprising the role of "Christine" on the Broadway stage? Would she be interested in doing more stage work or does she prefer to stick with TV/movies?

Thanks!

Keira
    NY

April 5, 2011 at 3:57 am | Reply
  19. Patricia

What are your absolute favorite pieces in your closet? (your style is amazing)

April 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  20. Abigail

Celebrities must be very financially astute these days. What is the level of education and will you attend university?

April 25, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  21. Johnkelly Shelburne

Where do you keep your Young Hollywood award from SCAD?

May 10, 2011 at 2:50 am | Reply