Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Future Connector – Gisele Bundchen

May 11th, 2011

She's topped Forbes list as the highest paid model in the world. And it's certainly not hard to see why.

Born in Brazil, Gisele Bundchen is the most famous face of the supermodel world.

She was discovered at the age of 13 and went on to be a professional volleyball player before becoming a full-time model.

Soon after coming to the states, she became the most recognized Victoria's Secret Model and went on to earn deals with numerous other brands.

Her romantic life also became the topic of much gossip when she dated actorLeonardo Dicaprio for five years. Today she is married to American Football legend Tom Brady.

Today Gisele is tackling a new frontier. She's a United Nations Environmental Ambassador and has recently set up the WED challenge to encourage someone to plant the next forest.

This is your time to send in your questions for Gisele Bundchen. Ask what you want and don't forget to tell us where you're writing from!

1. Shawn

Hi Gisele,

Would you be interested in partnering us on our fashion line, Couture Active Wear, launched in 2000...and which has been doing tremendously well?

Shawn

May 11, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  2. Taila (Trinidad and Tobago)

Gisele,

What was your unhappiest experience in life, and how did you deal with it?

May 11, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  3. Milton Silvio pimenta Ribeiro

Do you consider yourself a fully brazilian and are you still proud of it?

May 11, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Reply
  4. Ricardo Felix

Hi Gisele,
    I'm writing from Salvador, Bahia, Brazil.
    I've idealized a Global Plants Re-growing Project. Something that I really consider effective, specially having you "crowning" it.
    If you would become interested in talking about this project of mine, please e-mail me.
    I, definitely, totally wish to hear from you over this.

Regards.

May 12, 2011 at 2:26 am | Reply
  5. STEVEN

Gisele,

As a supermodel and environmentalist, I expect you travel a lot. What are you doing to save on the carbon emissions in the planes, boats, cars, etc. that you take everywhere?

Also, what ONE thing can I do to help the environment the most?
    Best of luck and congratulations on your work with the environment.
    Steven

May 12, 2011 at 4:35 am | Reply
  6. José Coelho

Did you ever thought about create an agency for aspiring models in Brazil?

José Coelho
    São Paulo – Brazil

May 12, 2011 at 5:28 am | Reply
  7. Rose

What do you consider to be your biggest achievement so far and what do you dream of accomplishing that you still haven't?

May 12, 2011 at 8:04 am | Reply
  8. Diala El-Khazen

What's the best diet to stay in a very good shape? thank u

May 12, 2011 at 8:10 am | Reply
  9. Isabel

I'm a fellow compatriot living in South Africa. I have a beautiful 12 year old daughter who is often approached by "model hunters". She truly admires Gisele and dreams being in her shoes one day!
    My question to Gisele is: "Is worth letting a child get into the modeling industry at such a young age? Did you ever regret missing out on living a normal life during your adolescence?"
    Um abraco from sunny South Africa

May 12, 2011 at 9:01 am | Reply
  10. Cecilia

Ola Gisele, I'm writing from Switzerland where I live, but Im from Brazil as well. Firstly, well done! Its nice to see brazilians doing well and being role models for good causes.

My question is what kind of message or what do you think you – as a very successful woman and a mother – could do raise more awareness on women issues? What I mean is that even in wealthy countries women’s pay lag significantly behind, they are still under-represented in most decision making positions, and account for only less then 4% of senior management in the business world. All of these in supposedly highly developed countries. Not to mention the situation of women in poverty stricken countries where the they dont have access to education, health-care, are subject to violence, etc

May 12, 2011 at 9:04 am | Reply
  11. Paulo Bacaltchuck

Gisele,

I would like to hear your opinion about Brasil:

Would you prefer to live in Brazil with all its problems including crime and violence, traffic, etc or abroad on a foreign environment away from the 'Brazilian warmth'? If you wanted could you back to your 'old life'?

Obrigado,

Paulo.

May 12, 2011 at 9:28 am | Reply
  12. Tom

Gisele,

My 11-year-old son is nice-looking, is smart, athletic, says he wants to be a doctor, but also has a talent for singing and playing the guitar.

I'm a little bit worried about the latter if he should go into that and do well. So many become egocentric, get into alcohol and drugs. Their "success" ruins their life!

I don't want this to happen to my son.

You are certainly beautiful, talented, athletic, and probably very smart, cheerful, and fun to be with as well, but unlike so many, you seem to have remained level-headed, normal. To me, that's perhaps one's (your) greatest achievement.

I have a wonderful son. I don't want him to become spoiled by success. So my question to you is, "How does one (how do you) manage to remain normal, level-headed?" I think having a good set of values and maintaining a sense of humor (incl. about one's self ) are important, but what's your answer?

So many kids today are so superficial, lacking an interest in learning and education and serious things, some even angry and violent.

Tom in Germany

May 12, 2011 at 9:55 am | Reply
  13. Robert

Hi Gisele.
    You're a booming supermodel and you earn lots of money with that. But what do you plan to do when your modelling career comes to an end.
    Best regards
    Robert

May 12, 2011 at 10:11 am | Reply
  14. Ashok Sinha

What role (political/social/economic) does she play as the United Nations Environmental Ambassador and how does her career achievements as a supermodel help her with this task.

May 12, 2011 at 10:43 am | Reply
  15. Ashok Sinha

Frankfurt, Germany

May 12, 2011 at 10:45 am | Reply
  16. Peter Dornbach

Hi Gisele-
    Thanks so much for joining the movement to keep this planet green. I live here in Goiania in the Brasilian Highlands for 6 months and N. Calif 6 months-Sonoma County--I have been doing this with my wife,Celia, for 10 yrs.
    The natural forest here in the Cerrado is amazingly beautiful-however, the rapid growth of agriculture is overtaking the natural terrain at an alarming rate--the Chinese are investing heavily here --soy -corn-sugar cane predominate--it's wonderful to see the economy doing well here-but at what expense for the future ?
    I'm 68 yrs. old and work as a fitness trainer and try to teach humans the benefits of staying on a healthy path(Brasil like the US is getting to fat !) --but I feel a necessity to keep the environment healthy as well--–we have had to work to save the redwood trees of N.Calif. and now work to save the Cerrado of Brasil.

ThankYou for your work---Bj.---–Peter

May 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Reply
  17. Louis

Hello Gisele,
    I know a great place for you to start your new endeavor: Brazil, which is about to pass new environmental laws that will allow rampant deforestation in the largest tropical forest in this planet (Amazon). Make a difference and try to convince the politicians from your native country that that’s not the way to go. Thanks for opening your heart and trying to make this planet a better place for us all. Good luck!
    Cheers,
    LH

May 12, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Reply
  18. Nick

Why are people so much into walking bone structures?

May 12, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Reply
  19. Herbie Hancock

Other than looking good, what else do you do?

May 12, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Reply
  20. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Gisele Bundchen and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Gisele Bundchen on the following questions:

– How will you as a United Nations Environmental Ambassador Improve the environment of the USA against the Mississippi Water Flood?

– How will you as a United Nations Environmental Ambassador Protect the Amazon Rainforest in Latin America?

– What is your opinion on the 2011 American 3D computer-animated musical comedy film “Rio”, which refers to the Brazilian city of Rio de Janeiro?

– What can we expect from you in 2011?

I am awaiting Gisele Bundchen’s replies.
    Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Nativity country: Suriname

May 14, 2011 at 1:23 am | Reply
  21. ragdoll

With all the blessings you have, was it really necessary of you to refer to new mothers who don't lose the baby weight as fast as you did as "human garbage disposals"?

May 15, 2011 at 5:07 am | Reply
  22. faceitnow

Back in December, my one of my best friends got in engaged. We were having a girl's night out to celebrate. It must get tedious at times with people coming up to you when you're trying to spend time with friends and family, I get that. But what gave you the right to intrude on our night and ask my friend about the most important moment of her life? You certainly deserve your privacy. Don't you feel that others have the same right? Because of your insensitivity that evening, I will NEVER support anything you endorse and will urge others to do the same. Furthermore when I tried to post about your duplicity on your own very own blog, you would not allow my comment to be printed.

May 15, 2011 at 5:23 am | Reply
  23. faceitnow

I see the truth is not allowed on this blog.

May 15, 2011 at 7:17 am | Reply
  24. dana

I know quite a few "regular" tyoe folks who've had encounters with you. They all say you're not very gracious. Is this the kind of issue you would truthfully address? Or does your spin team has a pat answer in the ready?

May 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Reply
  25. Annette

What would you like to achieve as a United Nations Environmental Ambassador?

What activities would you like pledgers to undertake for the World Environment (WED) challenge?

What skills that you have obtained during your modeling and film work can you draw on in your charitable and humanitarian work?

May 16, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Reply
  26. Paulo

Hello Gisele,
    we are developing a project with a Brasilian company in the Amazon that combines sutainable forestry management (sfm) with REDD (reducing emissions from deforestation and degradation). Would you be interested in learning about this initiative and see how you may help draw support to help preserve the Amazon rainforest.

You are more than a pretty face, the Amazon is more than a rainforest.

May 16, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Reply
  27. Ikadavies

How does the effect of deforestation affect climate change and how does it affect our soil. Ikadavies from nigeria.

May 16, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Reply
  28. Name*Muno Okugberu

It's great to attain such hight, now, that comes with great responsibility. I have an important asignment for her in Nigeria that if she can live up to will not live her at being the highest paid, but the most famus ambasador ever.

May 16, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Reply
  29. udy

How much good can a tree possibly offer planet earth.

May 17, 2011 at 9:52 am | Reply