Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Ticket Anyone?

July 6th, 2009

Were you one of the 1.6 million fans randomly chosen for one of fewer than 9,000 pairs of tickets to Michael Jackson's memorial service? If not, will you be watching? And if so, HOW? More than 110,000 of you (80-odd percent) have responded to the CNN.com quick poll today suggesting you'll be watching on line – how times have changed.

Comments below – and do please tell us where you're from when you respond
or e-mail me at ConnectTheWorld@CNN.com

Becky

Posted by
Filed under:  General
  1. Beebee

I will be watching Michael Jackson Memorial online and I am from Kingston, Jamaica.

July 6, 2009 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  2. Nicky C

I'm from Kingston, Jamaica & I'll be watching the memorial.

July 6, 2009 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  3. Heather M Parr (uk)

I wasnt in a position to obtain the tickets all tho i wish I was, theres some lucky people out there. Id be at home all day and id be tuned into watching this online.

Rest in peace Michael Jackson 1958-2009

July 6, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  4. M

I didn't get it...so I will watch it..

July 6, 2009 at 7:53 pm | Reply
  5. Ewelina

On one side I'm happy that I don't live in the USA – I live in Lithuania – so I didn't have any chance to get a ticket to MJ's memorial.
    If I lived in USA, it would be a pitty for me, that I didn't get the ticket (let's admit, the chances were very small).
    Of course, I'll watch The Memorial on CNN.
    RIP MJ

July 6, 2009 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  6. sandra

i don't have a ticket but i'm looking on the television tomorow. ( netherlands)

r.i.p. dear michael... love you

July 6, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Reply
  7. Aleksandar

Seriously ... 🙁

July 6, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  8. Lucka

I will be watching from Czech Republic

July 6, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Reply
  9. Ojukwu.

July 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  10. Ademola

No i didnt get the tickets.
    but ill watch online,

July 6, 2009 at 8:55 pm | Reply
  11. Ojukwu.

Hello becky, i think i am lucky recipient of 17,500 tickets made available through email ballot. Plz plz plz i really want to be at the memorial holding at staples center. Oh my gosh im so excited. I am from detla state in the niger delta region in nigeria.

July 6, 2009 at 8:56 pm | Reply
  12. Tata, Budapest, Hungary

We are going to attend the Moonwalk flashmob at 19:00 CET on the Budapest Heros' sq to moonwalk in the memory of MJ.

July 6, 2009 at 8:59 pm | Reply
  13. Ojukwu.

Rest in peace micheal omasan jackson.. Your legacy lives on.

July 6, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  14. XIMENA GARCIA

I LOVE MICHAELLLL JACKSON
    THANKS CNN FOR THE BEST INFORMATION
    XIMENA GARCIA FROM COLOMBIA
    THE MONSTER, THE ONE!!!

July 6, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  15. Tchouanang

l'm in Cameroun, Central Africa, as you see l'm far away from USA and l didn't ask for the ticket. Anyway l'll watch the even on cable at home or in office. THE KING IS DEAD, LONG LIVE THE KING

July 6, 2009 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  16. John mayson

I couldnt get a ticket cuz i didn't hear bout 8 in my country(Liberia) n so i wil watch on television 2morrow.

July 6, 2009 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  17. Fajinmi Oludotun Anthony 4rm NIGERIA

It's a painful thing! But there's a time in ones life, a time 2 born and 2 die! Whereby everybody prays 2 have achieved his/her goals b4 then.
    Adeu, WACHO J. I ll get that online since I dont have grace 2 get the ticket!

July 6, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Reply
  18. John mayson

I wil miz u til d end of my time on earth, Micheal.

July 6, 2009 at 9:05 pm | Reply
  19. Fajinmi Oludotun Anthony 4rm NIGERIA

It's so painful to me! But there's a time in ones life, a time 2 born and 2 die! Whereby everybody prays 2 have achieved his/her goals b4 then.
    Adeu, WACHO J. I ll get that online since I dont have grace 2 get the ticket!

July 6, 2009 at 9:06 pm | Reply
  20. igoni ernest .i.

with or without C. ROLNADO, manchester united will still move ahead let me also use this medium to remind real that all their three big money buy so far are all forworders,defenders are also part of a term.BARCELONA is watching and waiting to do what they know how to do best.LONG LIVE,MANCHESTER UNITED. LONG LIVE AFRICAN.LONG LIVE,NIGERIA .

July 6, 2009 at 9:19 pm | Reply
  21. Israel Ezekiel

If only i had the ticket, I would have really love to be right there @ the late king of POP memorial service, but all the same, I intend to see it all right here on my computer.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Israel. (Nigeria)

July 6, 2009 at 9:21 pm | Reply
  22. TJ

No, I will not be watching. It is time to move on. Michael was a terrific entertainer, and his life was both brilliant and sad. But, he was but a man, deprived of a normal life. His memories will be good one, but we must move on. I believe CNN has not done Michael a service but the continuous repeat and "breaking news" surrounding his death and his family. We have turned his unfortunate death into a "side show" which he does not deserve.

July 6, 2009 at 9:32 pm | Reply
  23. Nathaniel

I am from Liberia and would have love to be at Michael's berial. I can't because I can not be there. I hope to wash it online with CNN

July 6, 2009 at 9:41 pm | Reply
  24. Karla

Will you buy one of this tickets for 15.000 dollars?

If so...why?

July 6, 2009 at 9:56 pm | Reply
  25. Letty

I try to get a ticket but it was not possible because I am living in the Netherlands.
    Now we will watch the memorial on the tv.
    Playing his songs...........watching his clips.
    Thank you Michael you did touch my heart when I was little and you still touch it now when I am 50.
    You are not only American you are a child of the world!
    See you in heaven!

July 6, 2009 at 10:08 pm | Reply
  26. cal carter

i iwll be watiching it here at work online

July 6, 2009 at 11:16 pm | Reply
  27. Rebecca Pierre

Sadly, I'll be watching on TV at home. I think this is gonna very emotional for everyone.

I really liked Michael J. he will be missed.

July 7, 2009 at 1:36 am | Reply
  28. Donna

I'm from Jakarta, Indonesia.
    I will surely watch this memorable event since I love MJ, and I am a huge fan.
    RIP MJ. God Bless U all the time all the way...

July 7, 2009 at 3:22 am | Reply
  29. Claire Marie

Although i would have loved to have been one of the lucky few,that isnt the case as i live in Portugal,but i will definitely be watching The Memorial.As to were,probabley CNN,if not,online for sure. 🙂

<3 R.I.P. Michael.....u will always be in our hearts. <3

July 7, 2009 at 4:20 am | Reply
  30. Irene

I’m from Athens, GREECE and unfortunately didn't get a ticket.
    Of course I'll watch it on CNN.
    R.I.P. Jacko..

July 7, 2009 at 4:49 am | Reply
  31. Laura Ghet

If I were in Los Angeles, I would be around Staples Center for sure, but I live in Iasi, Romania, so I will watch the memorial service on CNN live of course. It's a real "joy" that we can see the show live.
    Michael Jackson is a blessing for all of us. We all love him very very much.
    Long live The King of Pop and of the World!!!

All my love to their sweet children and family!

Love,
    Laura

July 7, 2009 at 5:35 am | Reply
  32. Mahbubur Rahman

Hi, this is Mahbubur Rahman from Bangladesh. I will be watching it in your news channel CNN but if there any problem in my TV then i'll watch it in CNN.com. Advance thanks to broadcast it LIVE.
    R.I.P King of POP Michael Jackson.

July 7, 2009 at 5:38 am | Reply
  33. zenaida cristina bautista

I am presently working in Saudi Arabia so I am hoping and looking forward for your consideration to please .feature the burial ceremonies of my idol MJ. Videos or pictures will be alright. It is his final memories for me as a fan to see him for the last time. I have been following all news about him and up to his final resting place I still wish to see him.Thank you and more power to your column.

July 7, 2009 at 6:07 am | Reply
  34. jim

i wasnt opportuned to get the ticket but i ll try as much as possible to watch it online

July 7, 2009 at 6:18 am | Reply
  35. Vivienne Bezuidenhout

Greeetings from Johannesburg, South Africa
    Friends and I will be paying our respects and watch the memorial service to celebrate MJ life.
    May his family find some peace and quiet during this time of upheaval

July 7, 2009 at 6:30 am | Reply
  36. maria d gonzalez

I definitely will watch the coverage via internet and TV . I hope there will be replays so that I dont miss anything. (UAE)

July 7, 2009 at 7:55 am | Reply
  37. Pauline

Am 4rm Nigeria, and i wil be watching it on tv set. R.I.P ma great legend.

July 7, 2009 at 8:00 am | Reply
  38. Anna

I didn't get the tickets but I really want to be there. I'm from Ukraine, Kiev and I don't have possibility to go to LA, but I'll be watching MJ's Memorial online.

Rest in peace Michael..

July 7, 2009 at 8:16 am | Reply
  39. tram luong

i will be watching the memorial online this evening. i am from vietnam

July 7, 2009 at 8:29 am | Reply
  40. Chinogirl

No tickets but I'll be watching, for sure...either on CNN or on a local channel (i'm french)

July 7, 2009 at 8:30 am | Reply
  41. Justyna

I'm from Poland and I also didn't have any chance to get a ticket but I shall be with you in spirit ( my soul will be there). Michael Jackson and His music will be forever live but I want to let go His material part of man.
    Give Him a rest like he never have in this life before.... because sametimes too much love can kill you....
    I want to see MJ's memorial in CNN.
    'You give us all your talent and now you came back to God we want to say goodbay.'
    You're always in my heart.

July 7, 2009 at 9:32 am | Reply
  42. OB

I'll be watching on TV. (Paris, France)

July 7, 2009 at 9:33 am | Reply
  43. Krishna

Hi Becky,

I will be watching from Bangalore, India...hoping the memorial will be another step towards healing the world. Rest in peace, Michael.

July 7, 2009 at 9:42 am | Reply
  44. Laure

I did not try to win a ticket and will be watching online from Brussels, Belgium

July 7, 2009 at 11:35 am | Reply
  45. Orsi

Applied for the ticket but did not get it... So I will be watching the ceremony from Hungary (TV, internet)...

Michael, it hurts so much, I miss you dearly...

Love you forever and ever

July 7, 2009 at 1:08 pm | Reply
  46. Anam Hakim Ali

Micheal Jackson was"A GREAT MAN" and no one can forget him.He was "A NICE MAN".Pray for him"MAY GOD REST HIS SOUL IN HEAVEN".I love u "MICHEAL JACKSON"......................

July 7, 2009 at 1:27 pm | Reply
  47. Karol

I write from Mexico City. My name is Karol and I am very sad about the death of Michael, but what saddens me most is the way the world continually tried and making this event a sad circus. Michael was a great man and a wonderful artist. And yet still can not believe this news, I was more difficult to accept that human beings can be so unfair and hurtful to someone who just went to create and give the best of it. The media still profiting with an act that deserves respect, not mockery, not entertainment. I appeal to all media, the music world is mourning the entertainment world lost one of its great. To be filled with a love that was not understood to have given their lives to entertain us, let him rest in peace. A family early resignation and wish him great inner peace to deal with who really has the power to judge when the time comes. I hope that Michael will soon be able to rest in peace, while both continue to live in our hearts forever.

July 7, 2009 at 2:11 pm | Reply
  48. Gloria

MJ's death is one death never to be forgotten. It is indeed sad that he has to die at this age. God knows best. Adieu MJ!

July 7, 2009 at 2:12 pm | Reply
  49. Gloria

I will be watching MJ memorial on CNN. Wacko Jacko cannot be forgotten because he is a star that cross the silver lining of the firmament. Everywhere you go is MJ just like MTN. Adieu Michael! I am from Warri, Nigeria.

July 7, 2009 at 2:30 pm | Reply
  50. Mariyum Samar Qureshi

Definatly!!!! In-fact im watching MJz Memorial on CNN.
    I have been listening to MJ since i wz 5 and now im 22.
    With his death It seems as if i've lost someone who was a part of our family!!!
    im just not ready to say goodbye to u!!!!
    I love u MJ!!!...
    May Allah Bless U!!!......
    With Love and Blessings!

Pakistan, Peshawar.

July 7, 2009 at 4:43 pm | Reply
  51. AROMIRE OLUWASEUN

I don't know why I wept,I just know I wept more when PARIS JACKSON made her speech..MJ I love you.May be that's the only way to say am sorry for not been there to fight death on your side..may be you are caught away at the time you are about to come back on your footh..But I surely believe those that felt you've offended them will forgive you now....I believe now THEY will allow YOU to REST IN PEACE. M.J.J sleep well..sleep on,we will meet at the other side of the river.
    WITH LOVE FROM NIGERIA

July 8, 2009 at 11:41 am | Reply
  52. smallarea

Oh ! I missed it . I didn't wacth the real time 's funeral .
    RIP. Mr. Micheal Jackson. Sleep well
    Goodbye The king of pop music

July 17, 2009 at 1:43 am | Reply
  53. christian Lugo

I am an American living in the dominican Republic. I and My wife, who is dominican, both watched the complete event. I began at 7 easter time, which was 5 in California and CNN was already broadcasting.

Cheers to Michael and his family.

Christian Lugo

July 17, 2009 at 9:13 pm | Reply
  54. Jack Wood

Enough of Michael Jackson. At the same time he died there were some important people that died,Ed Mcmahon Karl Mauldin and six or seven others. Why was all the news about Michael (Chester the molester-drug addict) Jackson and almost nothing about Farrah Fawcett. Larry King even changed a piece that he was going to do on Farrah to do a segment on Michael which he is still doing. I haven't seen any of the segments that he is doing and I don't plan to. In fact, I may never watch him again.

July 18, 2009 at 9:39 pm | Reply
  55. tshepo

Becky u look smashing

July 20, 2009 at 9:16 pm | Reply
  56. Rupert Erskine

nice u are back on duty, it's lovely to have a rest, we all need a holiday!

July 21, 2009 at 7:31 am | Reply