Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

The World Wide Web-Tutorial

August 10th, 2009

Lauren Luke is a 27-year-old single mother from South Shields near Newcastle in England. She's also an internet superstar.

Her self-help beauty and make-up tutorials have been viewed more than 50 million times online; her YouTube channel has 250,000 subscribers in 70 countries.

It's a testament to what people can learn online these days.

So what have you learned on the web? Playing the guitar? Baking a cake? Write in and let us know - below, or on ConnectTheWorld@CNN.com.

We'll read the best responses on air when we interview Lauren Luke and take a look at other online tutorial megahits. Tune in 9pm London time.

Filed under:  General
  1. alice

I've learned to bake brownies, bread and pies from various websites. Also learned to do cross stitch, already finished a few projects. My friends were surprised that i did all these because i'm not the typical feminine type. Sorry to say this, but those recipes books, stitching or beading or any other handicraft making books in the bookstores can kiss their backcovers goodbye!

alice, kedah, malaysia

August 10, 2009 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  2. David

I learned how to remove the dashboard console from my 98 Chrysler Sebring and re-solder the the contacts behind the dash to repair it.. I found a how-to pictorial apparently had been posted by another who had the same issue. This saved me the cost of replacement from the dealership.

I

August 10, 2009 at 6:35 pm | Reply
  3. David

August 10, 2009 at 6:36 pm | Reply
  4. Helen

I haven't learned it yet, but I try to learn Korean by using different websites. There aren't any schools teaching Korean where I live so I have to find another way. The Internet is good in combination with a textbook and Korean friends. I plan to go back to Korea next year and I want to be able to communicate better with those of my Korean friends who aren't fluent in English. Some websites are more useful than others so it's good to be critical and check different sites.

August 10, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Reply
  5. Wesley F

When I was 14 I purchased a very good guitar and amplifier intending to learn to play it. I was intimidated by the 6 strings and 24 frets, a total of 150 notes located on the fretboard. That and all the combinations of chords was overwhelming for me. I have kept the guitar and amp throughout the years still desiring to learn how to play it.

Even though I had 12 years of formal instruction on the trumpet and played in many bands and even a symphony through the years, it wasn't much help with the guitar.

Now, 45 years later after studying a few tutorials on the Internet I have discovered the patterns of the note locations and chords and am finally playing songs on my guitar. It's finally my friend instead of a confusing adversary.

I'm only sorry I didn't accomplish this 45 years ago. I've lost out on a lot of fun and pleasant memories. I'll do my best to make up for lost time though.

August 10, 2009 at 6:39 pm | Reply
  6. Lisbeth

I have learned how to paint the MONA LISA at

Really great!

August 10, 2009 at 8:32 pm | Reply
  7. David Marpaung

I learned to design the cover of my PhD thesis using a vector graphics editor. I learn how to create an embossed text effect and to create a leather texture effect on the cover.

David, Enschede, the Netherlands

August 10, 2009 at 10:40 pm | Reply
  8. Ian

I learned how to get more use from my iPodTouch by jailbreaking it. 😉

August 10, 2009 at 10:53 pm | Reply
  9. Van

I learned how to make balloon animals which has made me very popular at the childrens parties I've attended lately. I also learned the proper way to oil a bicycle chain.

August 10, 2009 at 11:32 pm | Reply
  10. Sara`

I learn exercise like stretching in the internet. The newsletter from the cafe in the internet will be sent to my e-mail account, and i follow the movements of the internet offers me. And I learn Spanish.

August 11, 2009 at 1:49 am | Reply
  11. carlos florentino

first i wish to thank you Mam for opening this page ' i want to learn the KOREAN language can u help me pls

August 11, 2009 at 2:27 am | Reply
  12. carlos florentino

thank you very much Mam for having this page open , i'm eager to learn the KOREAN language pls help me

August 11, 2009 at 2:30 am | Reply
  13. May

i learned how to speak English fluently by using different wibsites.
    My students won many prizes in numerous competitions under my
    insruction, some of the contests, conclude: English story telling, English spelling and English oratory.

i try to build up my self-learn center, and it really works.
    The web-tutorial is my best teacher.i really appreicate all the tutorials
    i have ever met and thank everything i have learned from them.
    Hope you also enjoy learning!

August 11, 2009 at 2:37 am | Reply
  14. Debasish sen

Hi friend i lurned about Podcast. I am realy very happy to use it. I am using from my own Mobile phone.

August 11, 2009 at 3:01 am | Reply
  15. Steve @ Blu Electronic Cigarettes

Very well done. Would you ever consider guest posting on one of my blogs? Nicely done, Steven.

November 16, 2009 at 7:40 pm | Reply