Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

What would you ask Arianna Huffington?

September 11th, 2009

LONDON, England - As every year passes traditional media outlets appear to come under ever increasing pressure from a variety of sources - but primarily the Web.[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/images/09/11/art.huffington.afp.gi.jpg caption="Send your questions for Arianna Huffington."]

With radio, TV and newspapers continuing to feel the heat from new media companies Monday's Connector of the Day is Arianna Huffington, founder of left-leaning news Web site The Huffington Post.

We would love to hear what you think about new media as opposed to traditional news outlets and would be fascinated to discover where you turn to first when you want to find out who and what is in the news.

Let us know if you trust Web sites or, indeed, whether you trust us!

We would like to know if there's anything you would like to ask Arianna. We'll be putting your questions to her on the show Monday.

Considered to be one of the most influential woman working in the media, Huffington also stood as an independent candidate in the race to be the Governor of California.

Posted by
Filed under:  General
  1. Muthyavan.

First choice is always web to watch and latter TV if you want to watch the news with more pictures,if you are on travelling,then on radio and if you have time to relax read it in the newspapers also. But on World wide web you have many choice to choose from the reliable trustworthy corners. You have different web on different subjects to choose from and it is cheaper also only with a net access computer. But you must always take things with a pinch of salt and you can't depend on one sauce only. Ancent prehistoric days news and orders of kings were spread through drummers,when paper was invented newspapers took over. After industrial revolution Radio and TV took over finnaly the electronic inventions has created free world wide web for responsible independent journalism.

September 12, 2009 at 12:54 am | Reply
  2. Ken Rigsby

After the alarmist view yesterday of the Coast Guard exercise in DC, what little respect I had for CNN's continually degrading quality of journalism has all but evaporated.

September 12, 2009 at 2:57 pm | Reply
  3. Melinda Jones

I watch CNN most of the time I am at home. I get some news from the CNN web site. I used to buy newspapers when my kids played sports and were in the paper for different school events so I could clip the article. I like the idea of newspapers, being around for so long and it's kind of sad that the newspaper era is fading but I don't like the texture of newspapers on my hands. That sounds a bit strange but I like the slick texture of magazines.

September 12, 2009 at 3:08 pm | Reply
  4. Rich

I get it all from online from CNN and Fox, for a couple of reasons. Although some of the talking heads are certainly more than attractive, their spoken words are ephemeral, whereas the written word on the website can be studied and disected at leisure. "Trust" enters into it in the un-named sites/networks that I do not bother with.
    As far as Huffington, well I sure don't like her politics, but I just wonder if she has to practice to maintain that delightful accent? 😉

September 12, 2009 at 3:14 pm | Reply
  5. Jim Polonkey

I get 80% of my news from Fox News 10% from CNN 10% from Huffington Post and Yahoo News

September 12, 2009 at 3:18 pm | Reply
  6. Laura

I still prefer traditional newspapers and networks. I often turn to CNN, the ny times or the guardian. I just trust the quality of their reporting and the quality of their articles. Why go to news blogs when you can go straight to a trusted, valued source of news?

September 12, 2009 at 3:23 pm | Reply
  7. George E Burrows

Living here in Thailand, I get more than 95% of my news from the web. I do purchase newspapers but mostly a local endlish language publication so as to know something of what is happening around town. But I use CNN for most of my world news and ESPN and Sports Illustrated for sports information. My only complaints about CNN is the news is often old; stories remaining as supposedly current for several days and the same story being listed under 2 or 3 listings, ie Entertainment and World, or Sports and Europe. George

September 12, 2009 at 3:30 pm | Reply
  8. Brian L. Nolen

I work overseas so I get it from the Internet. MSNBC, CNNI, ABCNEWS, CBSNEWS but not Fox Noise!

September 12, 2009 at 3:32 pm | Reply
  9. Lois Stromme

I am a teacher at Ramstein Airbase. I get my news from the local US paper, The Stars and Stripes, and from a wide selection of web sites. First is The Huffington Post, then CNN International, NPR, MSNBC, The Daily Kos, The Daily Beast and the International Herald Tribune. I try and look at the other side, but cannot even stomach the noise on FOX. I read all of these and cross-reference their coverage and love the editorials. I look forward to the podcasts of Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me on NPR.

September 12, 2009 at 3:45 pm | Reply
  10. Robert Ledbetter

THE NEWS, hmmm.
    Well when I was younger I watched the Walter Cronkite on CBS with my parents and grandparents. Later in college I started watching CNN at the dorms between classes. When I graduated I met a friend at work who turned me on to Rush Limbaugh. I enjoyed it because I would yell at my radio in my work truck and then I started to pay attention to what he was saying. He talked about many of the same values that both my Grandpa’s believed and lived. I turned my parents and my grandparents on to Rush. It was logical, thoughtful, and many times very funny.
    About that time we got a new TV station in our area called FOX – which up to that point I only associated with the movie Star Wars.
    I know, tragic huh.
    That turned me back on to cable news where I started watching CNN again and of course FOX news. Go figure.
    At 30 years old I really began to see something that I didn't want to believe happening in America. It wasn't that the news landscape had changed in America. No. It was that I had become old enough and cognizant enough to realize it was there. There were agendas being taught, methodically on both CNN and FOX and everywhere else for that matter.
    As I watched the evening news with my children I began to narrate the news to help them understand something my grandparents tried to teach me. There really are such things as right and wrong and in the end you have to make a choice between which agendas are being taught.
    Disillusioned I turned to the internet to try to get a feel for the world from the voices of the masses. The medium seemed open enough to permit it. Discovered the Drudge Report. Loved it. Actually it's my homepage to keep up with the obscure as well as the hottest most important news. Matt Drudge keeps his page lively and interesting. To be honest, I don't know how he does it.
    Yahoo doesn't do near the job that Matt does. MSNBC I stopped frequenting long ago. FOX news is my second tab, and CNN is my third. I like to see what both sides are saying you understand. No body has a monopoly on what's really happening. Those three are a great combination for me. I check up on Rush and I check up at Huff Po from time to time. But my mind is my own.
    Granted the net is becoming a new world full of trolls: teenagers with no concept of real life flaming other thoughtful commentators; activists pushing an agenda; ideologues spouting the latest talking points.
    But there are some thinkers out there reflecting on world events and trying to give their honest opinions about what they see and hear.
    I wish that finding the truth about current events and worldview was as easy as a choice between the red pill and the blue pill. But it's not.
    A wise man once told me, guard your heart and mind above all things, because a man reasons, speaks, and acts out of the abundance of the things he treasures in his heart and mind. That man was my grandfather – and now I know that he himself lifted that bit of wisdom from someone far wiser than himself. And it's been passed down for generations.
    Soon I'll be having grandchildren. I'll have to pass on that wisdom. I hope I have the courage to teach what's right and wrong and to give them space to open their own eyes to reality. No one has a corner on the truth, except maybe one or two, and they died last year. I hope I live long enough to see with their eyes, hear with their ears, and earn the right to speak the truth forthrightly the way they did.
    Times are changing, I guess they always have. Now I'm going to check out the most important news there is... the other two tabs on my web browser. Facebook and Twitter. I need to see what's the latest news with the most important people in the world – my family.
    Arianna and Rush, thanks for the laughs. You are thoughtful people.

September 12, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Reply
  11. John

edition.cnn.com
    money.cnn.com
    marketwatch.com

and two morning local newspapers.

The three websites are on all day.

September 12, 2009 at 3:52 pm | Reply
  12. andrew

I get my news from a variety of sources. I read newspapers and watch CNN on TV occaisionally, but I also get news from sites like prisonplanet.com to get the information which wouldn't be allowed by the corporations and special interests which increasingly control the mainstream media. A decade ago I valued the New York Times or CNN more, but I now sense always a great deal of spin in much of the reportage. Hyping vaccinations to please the phamaceutical industry. Distorting incidents like the recent war in Georgia. Using pentagon planted "experts". Not enough investigative journalism. Not enough real excitement from real issues, and too much fakery. I don't completely trust CNN anymore. Wolf Blitzer is a perfect example of the special interest spin doctor. Good luck in improving what once was and yet could still be a vital souce of news.

September 12, 2009 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  13. Pat M

I listen to a lot of NPR because are about the only ones doing real news anymore. CNN is too full of entertainment and hype. The Coast Guard story should have been checked out first before blasting it out. I read the paper for local news.

September 12, 2009 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  14. Greg Smith

I use OfficialWire – go figure.

September 12, 2009 at 4:26 pm | Reply
  15. Mike

I am overseas so I get the new mainly from the internet. Mainly from Foxnews because CNN is very biased and does not report the news correctly.

September 12, 2009 at 4:40 pm | Reply
  16. Jake Slatnesky

cnn.com: first
    Nytimes.com: second
    Washingtonpost.com: third
    foxnews: never. ever.

September 12, 2009 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  17. Tom Ross

reurters.com
    wsj.com

September 12, 2009 at 4:48 pm | Reply
  18. brandon

I dont get my News from CNN cause it is a biased crap of a news station if that is the only station you watch you will have no Idea whats going on around you.
    Fox is the only TRUE news station left!
    CNN today...........Not 1 word about tea parties.

September 12, 2009 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  19. Navid Firouz

Hi

I only get news online.
    Reuters and New York Times for credible news and actually CNN.com for sensational news to have a laugh.

Navid

September 12, 2009 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  20. Walter

Having stopped watching television a few years ago, I've gotten most of my daily news from Public Radio, mostly NPR – where I've heard Arianna Huffington's comments regularly. This is actually the first time I've seen an image of her, even. The CNN website is a good source and supplement as well, as are some other big news sites, most notably for me the NY Times and Vesti.ru for the Russian take. Far more convenient than being glued to a fixed seat, victim to a constant barrage of advertisements and drivel.

September 12, 2009 at 5:02 pm | Reply
  21. von Kamp

Here in GermanyI I get the news from The Jerusalem Post, CNN, BBC,
    and in german the NZZ and Handelsblatt

September 12, 2009 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  22. Larry Cisar

From Newspapers. I also get some from the web but that is mainly follow up.

September 12, 2009 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  23. Mike

I visit CNN, BBC, and Slashdot (technical news site) about 40-50 times a day. From the minute I wake up, to right now by my bedside at 2:27AM, I'm checking those three websites and trying to stay up to date.

When I'm away from the computer, the TV is generally on in the background showing either CNN International or BBC.

September 12, 2009 at 5:28 pm | Reply
  24. Anders Lundgren

Besides Swedish news on the web I read on and off the following:
    CNN
    Wired.com
    Wall Street Journal
    New York Times

September 12, 2009 at 5:31 pm | Reply
  25. K B

Real News Never comes from main Stream , They dont report the news they make the news they want to report.. Only place I see real "NEWS " Infowars.com and the A P

September 12, 2009 at 5:34 pm | Reply
  26. Iris Hill

I live in Portugal and because my husband and I have a very quiet life, meaning we DON'T have a TV or a radio, we rely on the news from the Internet.

I mostly watch MSNBC starting with Morning Joe and followed by the evening line up. The 5 hour difference should be considered as sometimes I watch some programs the next morning.

My husband reads NYT in line and also gets some news from BBC and CNN. He is retired and I am not as I am "only" 52.

Hugs from Portugal,

Mrs. Iris Hill
    Bico-Amares

September 12, 2009 at 5:37 pm | Reply
  27. JB

Most newspapers these days, particularly the big-city rags, are only good for use as fish-wrappers and fire-starters. Most are left of center in editorializing and in the slant of political news. I don't watch ABC, NBC, or CBS because their programming is designed to entertain and placate the left. That leaves me with Fox News on TV, CNN and MarketWatch on line. I do read USA Today when traveling but just for the entertainment value and sports reporting. I should note that I have lived and worked internationally for many years. One doesn't realize the "slant" that most US media outlets put on our news when compared with how our news is viewed and reported overseas.

September 12, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  28. Lazarus

I only get my news from Internet now (no newspaper no tv)....I check these sites daily to get all the info for whats happening around globe!

CNN,WSJ,BBC,SKAI (greek),nautemporiki (greek)

🙂

September 12, 2009 at 6:05 pm | Reply
  29. Ramon F Herrera

Anything but Fox "News".

-Ramon

September 12, 2009 at 6:30 pm | Reply
  30. Alan Smithee

The web.
    I start with the news-aggregator Fark , and work my way from there.

September 12, 2009 at 6:33 pm | Reply
  31. steve

I primarily get my news from the web. I personally find the most thorough news coverage at FOX. Secondly I look at CNN and very occassionaly but i find FOX to be the most honest and enjoyable news source. I must admit I have been disappointed at the lack of coverage of news sources like CNN and MSNBC on some key issues like the Van Jones situation and ACORN.

September 12, 2009 at 6:34 pm | Reply
  32. Ricardo

Honestly, I get informed primarily by TV most of the time, and then Web. Sometimes this latter is not updated on time. Of course, Now on the news reliability depends also on the the journalist who is giving the info. CNN.com is good enough either way.

September 12, 2009 at 6:38 pm | Reply
  33. Maria

bbc
    jpost.com
    Newsweek magazine

September 12, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  34. Nick Heer

I'd get it from CNN/Fox/MSNBC, but you asked where I get my news, not my partisan hackery.

New York Times, the Economist, Fark, the Daily Show, Reddit and the BBC.

September 12, 2009 at 7:01 pm | Reply
  35. ron

I go first to Drudge Report. I hit lots of others, and when I came to CNN today, I was NOT surprised to see that the Tea Party movement is being ignored. ACORN news is being ignored. Here's a couple of big stories that CNN hopes you don't know about. This kind of biased news is why CNN ratings are in the ol' tanqu-a-roo.

September 12, 2009 at 7:03 pm | Reply
  36. barry

I live and work overseas so rely on the internet for much of my news. I like CNN and FOX on TV. I find FOX sometimes has interesting articles that aren't found elsewhere, although the political spin gets to be a bit much at times. I'd be perfectly happy if Ariana Huffington decided to retire to one of her many luxury yachts and was never heard from again. She strikes me as a hypocritical, liberal elitist.

September 12, 2009 at 7:07 pm | Reply
  37. Roger

I stopped buying newspapers and watching commercial TV news. PBS is the only semi-trustworthy TV news out there. Companies like CNN and Foxnews in my opinion are just corporate whores. They always lie to help big business and corrupt politicians. You can read CNN or Foxnews all day but will not find a shred of journalism on them :(.

September 12, 2009 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  38. Pedro

I get my news from http://orlingrabbe.com/ or Rense or sign of the times, I do not trust CNN at all.

September 12, 2009 at 7:11 pm | Reply
  39. Robert Gentel

I am moving away from CNN because of fluff pieces like your connect the world games. This isn't news, and CNN is selling out.

Thankfully folks like the NYT are still a bit more serious than what CNN has become.

September 12, 2009 at 7:26 pm | Reply
  40. gymgalca

CNN first, albeit they do lean to the left.
    Twitter next.
    Drudge next.
    MSNBC next.
    local newspaper website.

So...the web is first for news. One can put their own slant on things they read.

September 12, 2009 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  41. Phillip

First, New York Times, daily home delivery.
    Second, Denver Post, daily home delivery.
    Third, CNN international and national.

Even in comparison to the Denver Post, a poor third-rate paper with little indepth reporting, CNN is thin and basically pablum and provides headlines in a sensationalist tabloid style.

I've read much about Huffington's blog, and am impressed, but not impressed enough to log on.

September 12, 2009 at 7:29 pm | Reply
  42. Russell W. MacDonald

FOX NEWS. I cannot rely on CNN anymore. Your lacky in Madrid failed to report on demonstrators against Chavez of Venezula when he visited Spain. And now you have failed to report on the tens of thousand people who demonstrated in DC today against Obama. You need to get your act together and stop acting like GRAMMA.

September 12, 2009 at 7:34 pm | Reply
  43. Kathie

I get my news fix from Fox News! They cover the issues I want to hear about! How can CNN not cover the rally in DC today on line?

September 12, 2009 at 7:36 pm | Reply
  44. Russell W. MacDonald

To Lois Stromme of Ramstein AB, GE. I sure am happy/pleased you are not a DODDS Teacher teaching my children. If you rely only on the leftist CNN and knock Fox News you are not objective.

My children are graduates of Torrejon AB, School.

September 12, 2009 at 7:38 pm | Reply
  45. jennifer

Sadly, I get most of my news from The Colbert Report and The Daily Show... and sometimes The Onion ;). These are the only places to go if you want to put all the fuss in perspective. Then I’ll go to CNN.com to get the details and “real” news. But I would rather watch on TV if Ihad one. Sometimes I go to BBC.com to get world news because, let's face it CNN, the American media thinks that I should know more about the death of Michael Jackson than the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. MSNBC and Fox in any format are just too ridiculous to spend any time on. I find it hard to believe that Glenn Beck has higher ratings than anything on CNN. I guess(hope) most people watch to be entertained. I do like AC’s coverage of Afghanistan. Considering that our young people are still losing their lives at war, I’d like to see more stories about them and the work their doing. I don’t see why Ellen’s rise to ‘Idol’ and the Birther movement should garner more attention.

September 12, 2009 at 7:41 pm | Reply
  46. Bernie Skeen

First thing in the morning is CNN news, followed by Vancouver Sun, Maybe Canada.com, and if something is interesting, I check with google news, as at times they have more in depth coverage.
    I have no problems with any of the news publications, find them to be interesting, noteworthy, and of any news-worthiness?? usually includes photos or videos.
    Keep up the good work.

September 12, 2009 at 7:55 pm | Reply
  47. jim Blevins

Several years ago, I decided that there is no really reliable source for news. While BBC World News is best, even they have bias. The bias in CNN is much larger. I get daily e-mails from BBC, CNN, DWTV, Australia Broadcasting Corporation, New York Times and Huffington Post. Daily (when available) I watch BBC, CNN, CCTV, Link TV's Mosaic and at least one American Network news on TV. Daily, when available, I watch BBC, Al-Jazeera, France 24, Russia Today and Australia Network News live via computer. This is the only way I have found to get an unbiased view of what is happening. In case you think I do nothing but watch news, I have found that electronics repair and background news timeshare very easily.

September 12, 2009 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  48. Zac I.

30% Sky News
    30% CNN
    30% The Daily Show with Jon Stewert
    10% The Colbert Report
    0% Fox News – It's racist trash.

September 12, 2009 at 8:01 pm | Reply
  49. MrJersey

Daily Kos

September 12, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  50. Brian Bachman

Major sources are radio (BBC, NPR), followed by on-line sources: CNN (when it doesn't sensationalise), Charlotte Observer, Washington Times, Chicago Trib....

September 12, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  51. BRM

cnn.com, latimes.com, nytimes.com, washingtonpost.com, cbsnews.com, msnbc.com, thedailyshow.com

September 12, 2009 at 8:05 pm | Reply
  52. Dorothy

Fox News then CNN. I also read the newspaper and surf the other sites such as 1010wins. Thanks.

September 12, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Reply
  53. Jack Houston

Having been a print journalist for nearly 30 years before retiring in 1998, I still would rely on major metropolitan newspapers, if I could. But I moved out of the U.S. in 2001 and now must rely on cable TV and the internet–as well as local Spanish-language papers. More and more, I find myself searching the internet for real news, since the only network news I get is CBS Evening [health] News. I also try CNN International [Asian] News and HLN [Old Breaking Sky-Is-Falling] News, Fox [GOP Party] Views and, best of all, BBC News. On the internet, I've bookmarked BBC, Reuters, CNN, MSNBC, Intl Herald Tribune (NYTimes) and Google News to round things off.. I wonder if television news organizations realize how close to the edge they are these days with losing viewers, like the newspapers have lost readers. Too much attention is paid today, and catered to, by the news media of the fluff most people want instead of giving them what they need to know to survive. If I was left with one choice of newspaper, it would be the Intl Herald Tribune (NYTimes); one TV news outlet, the BBC; one radio outlet, the BBC; one wire service, Reuters. I don't read blogs for the same reason I don't listen to talk radio or talk TV; Despite my bias for print journalism, I believe the internet is the wave of the future. We just need to make certain that we can find good journalism there.

September 12, 2009 at 8:11 pm | Reply
  54. Elise

I go to CNN.com, both International and US, then local TV web newsites. I would love to see well thought-out Conservative points of view, but living in Washington I know that Fox gives information that is simply not true. The rest of the so called conservative, but really "right-wing" points of view these days are so vitriolic that they turn my stomach.

I also check BBC news, Slate, and occasionally ABCNEWs.com

We have really changed in our household and watch MSNBC in the evenings. We know it is a liberal point of view. But after 8 years of the media Bush "lovefest" we needed something more than going to the Daily Show for our daily dose of sanity.

September 12, 2009 at 8:15 pm | Reply
  55. Elise

Sorry, I forgot that we do read newspapers and magazines. The Washington Post (print) once or twice a week. The New York Times, Fortune and Money magazine on line. I go to the Wall Street Journal when I can.

September 12, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Reply
  56. Carlos

Where I live there are several local newspapers that have their own websites. I don't trust ANY of them to give me 100% objective news reporting. Therefore, I take the time to read all of them. It's curious how the same news can be reported by both newspapers but in very different ways and how you can come out with different opinions about the same event. When it comes to international news, I do the same. I read the BBC, CNN, Al Jazeera and Time. I read everything from the web. I noticed the same thing happens with international news. You don't get objective reporting from any of them. In CNN you might read the headline "Fallen Heroes in Iraq" whereas in Al Jazeera you might read about the 50 innocent civilians that died at the hand of US fire in the same event. I learned one thing for sure: NEVER trust one media outlet.

September 12, 2009 at 8:17 pm | Reply
  57. KC

Huff Post!

September 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Reply
  58. Bradley

cnn.com for a good portion of it, bearing in mind that the news tends to stop at the US/Canada border.

cbc.ca and winnipegfreepress.com (for Canadian and local news – Winnipeg, Manitoba – and for anyone who hasn't a clue where that is, find Fargo, ND on a map and drive 4 hours north! And if you don't know where Fargo is, look for Minneapolis and follow I-29 west to I-94...)

bbc.co.uk – for a more balanced and alternate world news view.

And local print newspaper. I still enjoy reading a newspaper, despite the fact that the news is already dated by the time it reaches the doorstep. It never used to be "old", but since "www" there is a questionable need for instant news and endless updates, isn't there?

September 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Reply
  59. ohhhdear

FOX News and I read the St Petersburg Times.

I watch Fox because the newspaper, St Pete Times, REFUSES to give you certain news (e.g. ACORN firings, Tea Parties., Van Jones, etc.) and because their PoliticoFact is whatever they want THEIR facts to be.

REPORT THE NEWS! You might just gain some popularity in the ratings.

September 12, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Reply
  60. Bradley

OOPS – please use this one instead!!!! I got the Interstate numbers mixed up. Not bad for a Canuck, eh?
    September 12th, 2009 2024 GMT
    Your comment is awaiting moderation.

cbc.ca and winnipegfreepress.com (for Canadian and local news – Winnipeg, Manitoba – and for anyone who hasn’t a clue where that is, find Fargo, ND on a map and drive 4 hours north! And if you don’t know where Fargo is, look for Minneapolis and follow I-94 west to I-29…)

bbc.co.uk – for a more balanced and alternate world news view.

And local print newspaper. I still enjoy reading a newspaper, despite the fact that the news is already dated by the time it reaches the doorstep. It never used to be “old”, but since “www” there is a questionable need for instant news and endless updates, isn’t there?

September 12, 2009 at 8:26 pm | Reply
  61. Jer

Drudgereport.com, Foxnews.com, CNN.com & I only go to MSNBC if I've been drinking. (For comic relief.)

September 12, 2009 at 8:30 pm | Reply
  62. Michael

Isn't it a little biased asking readers what news sources they use on a news website? Your research methodology gets a Epic Fail!

September 12, 2009 at 8:50 pm | Reply
  63. Dwaine

I am an American working in Moscow, Russia. I trust FoxNews more than any news source on TV and the Web. CNN is my second choice and the BBC the third. Between those, I get a balance look at what's happening in the World. I find MSNBC and NPR to be nauseating and insulting. It's quite evident why FoxNews is ahead in the ratings, as it more closely reflects the political view of the majority of America.

September 12, 2009 at 8:51 pm | Reply
  64. Richard

I always without exception get my news from the web. Priamrily from google news 2ndly from Cnn

September 12, 2009 at 8:54 pm | Reply
  65. dobes

I get my news from the web because I can't stand all the corporate hype that passes for news on TV. Like many here, CNN used to be a source, but it's degraded lately and now is partially corporate mouthpiece and partially lazy iNews. I really don't care if my sources are FIRST with the news so long as they are insightful and credible. I read the New York Times online and use the BBC and Reuters websites. Wouldn't go near Fox with a 10-foot pole, and CNN is mostly for entertainment or light news now. Too bad.

September 12, 2009 at 9:09 pm | Reply
  66. George

CNN and BBC never FOX. TV when I am around one but I do not own one, No international news papers here on Dominica where I live so its the net.

September 12, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  67. Valdez K. Russell

My first choice for news, is "the most trusted source for news...CNN." My homepage is CNN.com, my television buzzes with Headlines News and I always feel the connection of knowing that my news is accurate.

September 12, 2009 at 10:01 pm | Reply
  68. lee

I generally turn to relatively small "alternative" blog based news sources for news information. (for example, Blogs from Wired magazine, and Democracy Now! and also blogs kept by journalists working for major publications) .

The reason is because most of these sources tend to offer far in-depth coverage to stories than mainstream media like CNN. They offer good citations for their stories, and they generally include links to a lot of their "background research" materials. (for instance full copies of their FOIA reports, links to detailed introduction on some expert topic etc. )

CNN, on the other hand, tend to be VERY sloppy on balance & accuracy. If a noteworthy person makes well-reason, but unpopular or unconventional remark, i can pretty much count on you folks to misrepresent him or her by NOT offering a long & detailed explanation of his or her reasonings. And if a person is in some way "favored", it is very likely that CNN would exclude information that goes against the popular perception. (For instance in news stories about Iranian election, CNN generally neglects to mention that many members of the Iranian pro-democratic opposition are also anti-liberal, anti-western figures who were key figures in the Islamic Revolution, in Iran, pro-democracy does not necessarily mean pro-liberal democracy or pro-west, but if CNN stories tend paint a very different picture )

Sometimes the inaccuracies can be this can be quite funny, For example, a while ago you had a story that says a single cluster bombs can cover up to 18 square miles. (http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/05/30/cluster.treaty/index.html) If this is true, it would mean that a single cluster bomb can cover an area larger than a small tactical nuclear weapon...

But despite the shortcomings, i think CNN will remain a major news source for me for now and the foreseeable future, I browse through CNN every days to check out the headlines, and google the news that i'm interested in.

September 12, 2009 at 10:04 pm | Reply
  69. Gavin

For both local news here in Arctic Norway and World News, the internet is my first and best source. If there is news that interests me, I watch the news on TV. CNN website and BBC World are both good sources for world news.

September 12, 2009 at 10:10 pm | Reply
  70. Scott

Living in Australia, we rely on a bit of "home cooking" to keep us in touch. So in addition to the Australian Broadcast Network, we check-in daily with CNN International, the New York Times and add podcasts from NPR, MSNBC and weekly news magazine shows like 60 Minutes and Newsweek Online.

September 12, 2009 at 10:18 pm | Reply
  71. Ken Massey

It is easy to get online news from newspapers throughout the world. CNN is a quick source for highlights but they have become superficial and slow. For news in Afghanistan and Pakistan I get the news from 1 to 3 days quicker by visiting http://www.dawn.com.pk and http://www.thenews.com.pk The latter gives very quaint accounts with lots of detail and first and last names and it reveals the increasing local and tribal reactions against Al Qaeda. For news from Mexico, there are any number of online sources. It's unfortunate that one has to go to other national sources to get the news that CNN should be posting. I pick up two different local newspapers on the weekend, but for foreign news I check about 6 different national sources a day and that gives me a better feel for what is going on in the world.

September 12, 2009 at 10:36 pm | Reply
  72. Saiki

I live in Japan, so most of my news comes from the internet. I usually check Yahoo first since they seem to get the stories faster than CNN. A little while later I check CNN and read their take on it. When I'm home, though, I usually wait for the local news and the traditional network news since they seem to have less of a bias than most cable news networks. Perhaps it's that they only have a set time to fit it all into rather than 24 hours of continuous news. They just seem to report the stories of the day rather than try to over dramatize things too much. Unfortunately, cable news has turned into a business venture that caters to one crowd or another and tries to sensationalize things that are really unimportant because they're hoping to hold onto people's attention for longer periods of time. I understand that that's business, but that's not journalism.

I watch the Daily Show and Colbert Report every day because they tend to have the best interviews and though they are biased, they seemed to lean toward the average Joe's point of view rather than a political party or corporate sponsor. They're not afraid to call a spade just a spade.

September 12, 2009 at 10:59 pm | Reply
  73. Peggy

First is BBC, Cnn, Fox I like the different view points. Then the daily FTW Star Telegram and Dallas Morning News.

September 12, 2009 at 11:03 pm | Reply
  74. Roger

I am a military service member and most of us watch FOX. It is where we get it, or through our own web sites IE: Army Home Page or Army Times.
    In Iraq during chow, it's funny how far "off" BBC and CNN and MSNBC report. We do hundreds of good things every day in the combat zones, but it seems all the main stream liberal media want to AIR is the "1" bad thing they can scrounge up on us.

When a story breaks I do go to CNN, MSNBC and BBC and at times HLN to see what that source comes up with or even if they report ...... look at the ACORN issue, MSNBC has only done one reprint or a Associated Press story on it ...... but I wonder how many drug dealers have ties to ACORN, I am in Law Enforcement in the military and if "Army One Source” or "AER"was exposed like this I would want to see their books.

September 12, 2009 at 11:12 pm | Reply
  75. Olly

I used to watch CNN, but not any more. It seems that in the world of politics, CNN just does "he said/she said" discussions, and don't actually go away and check the truth of what is said. Wolf Blitzer is one of the worst for this.

The most I ever see is a comment such as "we checked with factchecker.org" and they said "mostly true" or whatever. But even that is rarely done.

This is not journalism in my opinion.

For example, look at the Swift boat campaigns, or the recent Joe Wilson embarrassment. With the Joe Wilson "You lie" story, there were lots of discussions (not interviews) with Democrats and Republicans asking their views. But almost nothing which stated whether Wilson was correct or not, and almost never are the people in the discussions challenged on their statements.

ps – CNN is not the only one that I no longer trust. Very few 'news' organizations are trustworthy in my opinion.

September 12, 2009 at 11:17 pm | Reply
  76. Alan Angeron

I watch CNN once in a while but not often as you only report things in favor of Obama and I do not feel you give far news at all. I watch fox and why are you not reporting on acorn and the other persons getting tax dollars and be fair and balanced about washington.

September 12, 2009 at 11:30 pm | Reply
  77. Fernando

It is un-ethical but news.google.com

The fact that they have so much power on the net has the traditional media companies fighting as to who will get the google traffic whilst though google is exploiting them.

news.google.com is like going on Piratebay. I know it is wrong but is it convenient.

Well in fairness t you can justify using Piratebay more than news.google.com as often you just can't buy the stuff you down load.

September 12, 2009 at 11:33 pm | Reply
  78. Rick Williamson

I never buy a newspaper anymore.
    I hardly watch the tv news unless there is something specific I want to see.
    All of my daily news is derived from RSS feeds from multiple sites – international, local & hyper-local. That gives me the ability to quickly scan what is happening..and of course it updates frequently.
    And I'll check the CNN homepage just for a snapshot of what is happening as well.

September 12, 2009 at 11:37 pm | Reply
  79. Gerry O'Donnell

For news : FOX, WSJ, HOT AIR et al

For laughs: NYT, NBC et al

September 12, 2009 at 11:38 pm | Reply
  80. Mike

I get 95 percent of my news from blogs and from the links off of those blogs. The websites that I read multiple times a day are Talking Points Memo, Huffington Post, Crooks and Liars, and Daily Kos. The other 5 percent of my news comes from local newspapers and websites such as CNN.

September 12, 2009 at 11:40 pm | Reply
  81. Elaine Albertson

First thing in the morning I visit CNN's international website. Second is the AP's site...they often carry the less-glamorous stories with a more basic (traditional) approach. Third I visit my own home's newspaper web page.

CNN is still the "most fair" of the news engines, but it seems to be getting a bit of "do what sells-itis" lately. I really don't care if the anchor is cutesie. I want to hear the news, not some self-absorbed nimrod's interpretation of it. That's why I avoid Fox (in addition to the extreme right slant of it...and I'm an independent), the "network" news, etc. CNN is heading that way big time, and I don't like it.

There are no more Walter Cronkites, or Ed Murrows. Wolf Blitzer was close...but the network didn't develop his position as it should have.

September 12, 2009 at 11:47 pm | Reply
  82. Rory

Internet. But for indepth coverage i read newspaper site. Drudge is good since he has many links so I can navigate from there. CNN video links are so lame. YouTue loads so quick CNN's videos take forever so never watch. I love the hardcopy of The Economist Its well written. I tend to stay away from UK site since they dont use pronouns much. For financial news WSJ/Reuters/IFR. I use to watch the net show TheRealStory.com but the announcer they have is so bad. He tries to be funny, when he's not, and he is way too Jewish. Maybe give him a snare drum and let him do "one liners" on the economy might be better. Kramer is an Ivy League whore. Ratigan is great. He's a lunch bucket guy and has had some good moments. Amanda Drury...well I could watch allllll day. She's HOT!

September 13, 2009 at 12:15 am | Reply
  83. Lancelot of the Lake

Just when I had about give up on humanity as a whole, along comes Robert Ledbetter, thank God for him and 1000 kudos is not enough. Robert you are definitely a person with a mind.
    As you can see I check out CNN, also Fox News, the New York Times which is only a supplement in a German newspaper which comes on Monday A.M., and many Web sites. I live and work overseas so I have to rely on many different sources for my News. The best is probably the comments from ordinary people, whether it be CNN, Fox News, etc. What I do not like is the censorship of these various news outlets. I know you must censor language and hate themes, but it is the normal comments from ordinary people, that don't to fit a news media's agenda,o that seem to often to get censored. Therefore, I have to take all of what I read and see and hear with a large grain of salt. My nickle's-worth of free advice is to allow all comments from all sides of the spectrum. My Grandpappy gave me words of advice also, "Question everything and trust no one."

September 13, 2009 at 12:18 am | Reply
  84. David

BBC, 120%. I have been endlessly frustrated with the low quality writing, grammatical errors, blatant bias, and patronizing sensationalism (everything I need to know about speeches and scandals without a single piece of original reporting on policy or real news) that you all pawn as news. It BBC covered the US with the same quality that they cover everything else, I'd happily consign your news agency to the National Enquirer and other tabloids.

September 13, 2009 at 12:20 am | Reply
  85. Elijah

Internet and some newspapers. I don't like Fox or CNN or a lot fo the rest because they don't talk about a lot of inportant stuff.

I get my stuff from JonesReport.com and Infowars.com

CYA

September 13, 2009 at 12:31 am | Reply
  86. Richard

I always go to the web first. It is instant, has the same things as print media, I can run a window alongside my work and I don't need to find a TV or news stand to consume it.

For the "uninformed U.S. perspective", I read drudgereport.com.

For an intelligent angle it is nytimes.com. I normally read this on my way to work via my iPhone.

Sadly, for entertainment news or pop news I read CNN.

For technology news I go for Google News.

Business news is Google News or Bloomberg.

For everything else, I sync interesting sites into Google Reader and pick it up whenever I have the time.

I avoid all print media because it is too old and kills trees. It will be a dead industry in my lifetime.

September 13, 2009 at 12:37 am | Reply
  87. Lisa

I read most of the news on the web. I sure wish the fonts were bigger.

September 13, 2009 at 12:44 am | Reply
  88. Pete

Fox news on the web.

All of the other alphabet media outlets slant way to the left to the point of being a Liberal agenda machine rather than a news organization. Seeing CNN (the teachers pet) get slapped with the whole Coast Guard thing was special this past week. Any news organization that actually could cover and broadcast the news unbiasly would make a fortune.

Could you imagine how many more papers the NY Times would sell if they reported down the middle?

September 13, 2009 at 12:54 am | Reply
  89. cliffalarcon

Not from CNN–you guys cycle your info every 20 minutes sometimes for days. on CNN.com the politics page is full of old junk. Kennedy died what 3 weeks ago? you stlll have stories about him on your front page. Ever hear of the term "Archive"?

I go all around the internet–Mostly PBS and NPR. I like the Guardian UK, and CSN as well. sometimes yahoo, a few times fox, a few times msnbc, sometimes even HuffPost. I watch most of the political sunday shows, except for fox news sunday because its bias is so extreme and it isnt really news anyway (not that Countdown is news either...) i pay ALOT of attention on who originates the story. if its AP or Reuters, i tend to believe it more. if it says Fox News, i get very skeptical.

September 13, 2009 at 1:35 am | Reply
  90. royce

I have noticed a degradation in the quality of the CNN reporting in the time since the last election. So, now I am back to NPR with a quick run through the major internet news services.

September 13, 2009 at 1:37 am | Reply
  91. MikePost

I always check out Google news first... it gathers from many sources; then I go to NewYorkTimes, check financial news, headlines, and then I go to trusty CNN. I also usually look at MSNBC since it is on my way to my hotmail and I also read LATIMES and NYPost and Huffington and Daily Beast... sometimes WashingtonPost.
    Yes, I'm a news junky.

September 13, 2009 at 1:47 am | Reply
  92. Tom

Lately it has been mostly the BBC. I find that the North American News Services(including CNN) tend to be too shallow, and thus I take everything I see with a very large spoon (not grain) of salt. Statements made by politicians tend to be taken at face value, especially when they have anything to do with "terrorism"(the McCarthyism of our time). If NA media would look at the "terrorism" question objectively I think there would be much less sensless sensationalism, but then that would not sell as much add space would it.

September 13, 2009 at 1:50 am | Reply
  93. Diana Pollard

First choice is CNN online then at night Cnn TV, then Fox TV. Newspapers are really good for lining the bottom of our bird cage.

September 13, 2009 at 1:54 am | Reply
  94. Jill

I always have cnn.com and my local newspaper's online edition up all day long. With Satellite TV I find the majority of news that we receive isn't our local news, isn't even often our National news (I'm Canadian) If I'm looking for more details, i'll go to cbc.ca

September 13, 2009 at 2:20 am | Reply
  95. regis

I read,watch,hear.all i can and do a judge of everything.thats all,thanks for opportunity.

September 13, 2009 at 2:32 am | Reply
  96. Lori

I used to read newspapers most, probably like a lot of people. In fact, I was a daily newspaper editor for five years. I remember my dad predicting, back in the early '90s, that news would one day come through computers and not papers....

Now I live in Thailand the majority of each year. I check in with cnn.com daily and occasionally I read the English language Bangkok Post. Occasionally I read other news sites (guardian, huffington post), but I never watch TV.

I do miss the routine of reading the paper, which I always considered relaxing, enjoyed taking along with me to the cafe or on the train, and I appreciated the greater depth of reporting. However, today it's impossible to compete with online news, which is up-to-the-minute and free....

September 13, 2009 at 2:32 am | Reply
  97. Jill

I read the news online everyday. In order, I read: CNN, Knoxville News Sentinel, New York Times, Los Angeles Times, Washington Post, Washington Times, and the BBC. I like reading regional news (seeing the different cultural aspects of various cities is neat...whether it be their food culture, environmental movements, or city planning) but I also like the world scope from the different coasts. BBC provides great international perspective and it is very interesting to see what they think of what is going on in the US.

September 13, 2009 at 2:36 am | Reply
  98. Tim Hawkins

edition.cnn.com for international and national.

money.cnn.com for financial.

122 RSS feeds on personal finance, taxes and real estate.

digg.com for a good sense of everything else...

Read in that order 2-3 times a day.

September 13, 2009 at 2:36 am | Reply
  99. regis

Here in Brazil most of time news are censored, a kind of it, cause the big web just broadcast what its they financial interess,so...well theres more credibility at the news abroad.

September 13, 2009 at 2:39 am | Reply
  100. Carlos Drummond

Always web. I haven't watched any news on TV for months...

September 13, 2009 at 2:53 am | Reply
  101. Tomas Rybar

CNN has sadly become political. This is your downfall. Please do not follow MSNBC to the gutter. CNN used to report facts, now you report more and more opinions! It's a shame.

to get news:

to solidify my opinions:

September 13, 2009 at 3:06 am | Reply
  102. jasper chong

get all my news from internet news portal, cause its the only place that you can get all the latest news whenever you want.

September 13, 2009 at 4:24 am | Reply
  103. Chris LA

Primary – abc.net.au (Australian)
    Secondary – bbc.co.uk (British)
    Others – cnn.com & NY Times (Broadsheet)

September 13, 2009 at 4:25 am | Reply
  104. Jennifer

http://www.cnn.com – World News
    http://www.nzherald.co.nz – National News
    http://www.waikatotimes.co.nz – Local News

I watch news on tv about once a week, if that; and don't buy papers. I tend to get everything I need from those three websites above – I tend to check the first two 2-4 times a day, and the local news once a day. The only downside with web news is sometimes an overeagerness to report the story before facts are known, and mistakes happen. But once you take this into account, it's not much of an issue to wait and see what pans out.

September 13, 2009 at 4:27 am | Reply
  105. Sonya

I get 80% of my news from the web.
    ABC
    CNN
    CBS
    MSNBC

15% from television and 5% from news papers
    Occasionally go to Foxnews.com but for entertainment purposes only.

September 13, 2009 at 4:36 am | Reply
  106. Jack Houston

Having been a print journalist at a major U.S. metropolitan daily for nearly 30 years before retirement, I still would prefer, if I could, to rely on newspapers. But I moved out of the U.S. in early 2001 and now rely heavily on proven internet news sources, such as Reuters, BBC, CNN, MSNBC and Int Herald Tribune/NYTimes. On cable TV, I prefer the BBC and CNN. On radio, it's the BBC again. I also subscribe to a Spanish-language daily.

September 13, 2009 at 4:41 am | Reply
  107. barry austin

Do you not believe that the training of Afghans for their police and army are in essence training new recruits for the Taliban and Al Quaeda forces free from any financial burdens?

September 13, 2009 at 3:47 pm | Reply
  108. Salihu Takko

I normally recieved my news via cnn, huffington, politico, ny times, washington post and aljazeera.

September 13, 2009 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  109. JaclynD

Question:

Is it harmful when TV News offers up an opposite view even if it is from a fringe group with no credibility? Are you always obligated to present a side if there is no good rational reason for the opposition or crusade? Many times you give credibility and weight to people who would otherwise just fade away because they have no legitimate logical point of view. By giving them a millions-of-viewers strong platform you create a debate that otherwise wouln't exist.

My personal opinion is that it hurts our country by creating a fake conflict. Zakaria has debates with people who have knowledge and authority about an issue. Most cable news stations have a stable of people they use as talking heads who are not involved in the issue but are paid to debate sides without any insight but with an eye to creating heated controversery where none might not even exist.

September 13, 2009 at 8:08 pm | Reply
  110. JaclynD

Same question above applies to web sites as well. Huffington Post uses extremely misleading and provocative headlines to draw in viewers.

September 13, 2009 at 8:10 pm | Reply
  111. tanner

I stopped watching u.s. news shows a long time ago–and just cherry pick websites to read from time to time to analyse reports for bias, etc. and then make an independent decision as to whether some or all of it is true. Reason is is because one must trust their own judgement with the validity of reports in any format. It'll take a couple of generations to reshape the state of the media culture in America. Irony is everyone blames fox, cnn etc. for spreading different degrees of propaganda, misinformation, etc. Truth is it's the American citizenry's own fault for the state of media operations and affairs. If the average citizen was educated and could think for themselves, the programming would be entirely different, challenging, and factual. It's our fault–the corporate media bosses are just giving the people what they want.

September 13, 2009 at 9:08 pm | Reply
  112. Ayse

My job for Arianna is how do I get to work for you?

September 13, 2009 at 10:35 pm | Reply
  113. Jean

Do you think that sites like Huffington endanger traditional media? And could end up putting newspapers out of business?

September 14, 2009 at 12:34 am | Reply
  114. Maggie

I live in Japan, so I get most of my news from the Internet. I usually go to CNN and BBC for immediate news updates, then gravitate to various blogs and websites by googling the news headlines that are of interest to me. I watch Japan's NHK news in the evening, and I like to stream CNN's video clips while I'm getting ready in the morning.

September 14, 2009 at 12:55 am | Reply
  115. Keira

I get my news from CNN International and ABC News (USA). I find the international perspective less 'partisan' and less 'dumbed down' than the American media.

However, I would like to ask Ariana - why hasn't the US media taken a more active role in 'debunking' a lot of the lies shouted by the right? Why don't they start by defining socialism/communism and debunking the fact that Obama & Hitler are worlds apart? It's one thing to debate with facts, it's another to create a panic & spew all kinds of untruths.

September 14, 2009 at 4:27 am | Reply
  116. Brenda White

I Love it all. Altogether. All mashed up in a tsunami that reveals the truth. From megamedia shouts to traditional CNN to blogs, BoingBoing, and Twitter (where even the formerly powerless can get heard #iranelection and be picked up by the rest of the media for non-tweeters)

From the edges of the left and right. From the very serious to the most funny and rediculous, and also the wickedly fun shallow end of the entertainment pool. It is ALL there.

And people bust their collective you-know-whats to bring it to me. To show ME. And I get to see the whole of it, worldwide, for free.

It's a miracle. And HuffPo is a big diamond in that necklace of gems!

September 14, 2009 at 6:14 am | Reply
  117. Alex

Hi Arianna! You once said that you used to be a Republican. What made you change your mind and what would the Republicans have to do to regain your vote?

And secondly, if you had to to chose one newspaper and you were forced to read nothing else than your pick – which one would it be?

September 14, 2009 at 11:05 am | Reply
  118. Don Lanquist

The real reason why we have not implemented universal healhcare?
    We dislike, distrust each other. Lawmakers love this because they hate each other also, same as their constituents. Easy for them to exploit this hate-phenomenon with deluxe healthcare programs, huge salaries, boondogles, perks and extended leaves/vacations.Time for a "change."

September 14, 2009 at 2:29 pm | Reply
  119. Leonor

Hello- As a young proffesional I mostly inform myself via Internet, thus because I work in front a computer and its an easy and quick access to any breaking news during my working hours; now when I go home I see my father everyday reading the newspaper and my mother watching the news on TV. I hope the newspaper will never dissapear and the TV to be more open and allow to view the truth, the internet is great but not everyone has access, I know a lot of peole who only use the computer during business hours and choose not to have the service at home, this are the same people who buy the newspaper every morning. I personally enjoy all ways of information, we should support all of them. thank you.

September 14, 2009 at 6:43 pm | Reply
  120. Christina

Usually through English speaking Al Jazeera. They have the best coverage of under reported world events and a vast global network of correspondents who can go out into the field where nobody else can. But when I want opinion pieces, or news that specifically relates to The US, then I generally go to the web. Places like Huffington Post or Alternet.

I often find there isn't much point in reading that many newspapers, because they're all owned by the same basic people and corporations, with the same viewpoints as one would find in any other publication. There's very few tangible differences to separate them. That's the real reason why print media is dying. If there's no variety, then it's just the biggest newspapers with the widest circulation that survive and swallow up the little ones.

September 14, 2009 at 10:31 pm | Reply
  121. Don Lanquist

Socialism: An economic theory, wherein the state owns and operates production, and the means of production. Residents can own anything they can afford, legally.

Communism: An economic theory, wherein the community owns and operates production and the means of production.

Both can be politically abused depending on the political whims of the electorate.

In Mississippi, with virtually no sidewalks nor public transportation, we could use a measure of communism, with or without state subsidy.
    Here, the poor must rely on unreliable clunkers, but must also be further encumbered with costly clunker insurance.

September 15, 2009 at 12:44 am | Reply
  122. Don Lanquist

Above All:
    We must inform We the People (as if they don't already know) the reason we have not implemented universal healthcare is because of universal dislike (hate?) for each other.

To those opposed to Cap & Trade, please consider:
    the pandemic intrusion of embedded healthcare factors into our sinking economy.

Time for thoughtful people to learn that 300/million US residents, insured or not, are transferring wealth to carriers of the nations' healthcare each time they buy something, or pay a tax (federal, state, county, city, townships, fireman, police, city workers, etc, etc). (un-recordable $trillions to health insurance carriers), a tangled maze of random healthcare-factors, resulting in high prices on all American goods, both here, and in all exports.
    Over 17/million new cars sold in 2007. Each accumulating additional layers of healthcare factors: registration, insurance, loans, permits, etc,etc...all these, also with overlaying embedded healthcare factors, thus pyramiding unrecorded healthcare factors to perhaps $trillions transferring randomly to carriers when included with purchases of all consumer goods.

GM's pricing dilemma for instance: acknowledged factor for workers' healthcare ($1600). Add to this: embedded healthcare factors for all GM vendors' items and you get some idea why GM has failed to outsell foreign cars, all due to our non-system (pyramid) of random healthcare factors, a sink-hole in our already sinking economy.

What does this say about privately-operated, profit-driven healthcare systems(?) The solution to our healthcare dilemma should be self-evident. Healthcare, to cover an entire nations' citizens must, never, be contrived to include profit.

Our non-profit system of National Defense for instance, wherein profit exists only for providers (makers of tanks, warplanes, warships, munitions, etc, etc), and the rich, content to pay the most because they have the most to lose.

A perfect example (model) for non-profit, universal healthcare to flourish, wherein profit flows only to free-agent medical providers(hospitals, doctors, nurses, therapists, and other medical servers), and wherein $trillions of embedded healthcare factors are removed in-total from the nations' bloated economy.

For universal healthcare-providers(hospitals, doctors, nurses, therapists, etc...) must be afforded adequate income, training, and current technical equipment sufficient to care for all our Under God citizens(with "pre-existing-conditions" of poverty, notwithstanding).

Former U.S. Attorney General, John Ashcroft announced, "the most important function of government is to protect its citizens from harm."

Don Lanquist