Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Does traffic drive you to despair?

October 21st, 2009

All this week Connect The World has been reporting on traffic: with an estimated 1 billion cars around the world - 250 million in the U.S. alone - and 2,000 new drivers in China every day, it's no surprise that congestion, pollution and deaths on the roads are among the biggest concerns of most people's everyday lives.

In many major cities, for instance, traffic speeds are no faster than they were 100 years ago, when cars first took to the roads. Environmentalists are also especially worried that traffic is one of the fastest-growing sources of climate-warming carbon dioxide, and all projections are that it will continue to grow.

Despite all this, the world's love affair with the motor car shows no sign of abating. The car, of course, allows freedom of movement that public transport can never match. This is why the multi-billion-dollar motor industry is desperately striving to find alternative sources of power to replace fossil fuels when the oil inevitably runs out or in the event of politicians banning the internal combustion engine.

So in a world clogged with cars, what can be done about traffic? What really drives you mad about driving? Are drivers getting better or worse? Should individual countries impose limits on car ownership? And what will happen when the oil runs out? Send us your comments and we will try to use them in Thursday's live chat.

On Thursday on the Connect The World webcast on CNN.com Live at 2100 GMT/2300 CET with accompanying live Skype text chat from 2030 GMT/2230 CET, Becky discusses the issue and answers your questions.

Posted by
Filed under:  General
  1. Sue

I hate when traffic slows to a crawl because of rubberneckers gawking at either a minor fender bender or at someone pulled over by a police officer on the side of the road. These are not noteworthy events, keep moving!!! Also, I don't feel it's necessary to close down an entire highway if there is an accident, particularly on four lane highways.

Long Island, NY

October 21, 2009 at 7:41 pm | Reply
  2. Atehcus

1. Improve the public transport system. Sometime cars in the only option to travel from point A to point B.
    2. Impose higher taxes on gas guzzling cars /SUV.
    3. Reduce the population if the world. Current many of the populated developing countries of the world are considered as the fastest growing markets for cars. Think India, Indonesia ..

October 22, 2009 at 1:35 am | Reply
  3. Mehran Farooque

I'm currently living in Jakarta, Indonesia for the past three years and I must say that the traffic in this busy city drives me insane! On a Friday night, it takes me about an hour to drive from home to a friends house who actually lives just 10-15mins away during the weekday. The amount of cars is rapidly increasing year by year due to Jakarta being one of the most densely populated cities worldwide which makes it extremely difficult to get around. The public transport system is very poor so therefore there are almost no other substitutes apart from using a car for use of transport. To be quite frank, I think that there is little, if not nothing we can do to lower the amount of cars in Jakarta cause I personally have noticed since the day I moved to Jakarta until today, that traffic has been getting worse year after year and no-one not even the government has taken any action or interest on how we can better this situation. Unfortunately, since the amount of cars is increasing, pollution and congestion becomes another problem in Jakarta so therefore I look forward into seeing eco-friendly cars (hybrid cars) being used more in countries where congestion is a serious matter. In my honest opinion, I think that the government should limit the amount of car ownership in Indonesia in order to lower traffic and save valuable time.

October 22, 2009 at 1:42 am | Reply
  4. Nico

I've been living in Bangkok for 6 years. The city is famous for its infamous traffic. It can take 1 hour for les than 10 km at peak time. I've heard colleagues staying 5 hours in traffic to go back home when moosoon rain makes matter worst.

The 2 main reasons for so much cars are in my opinion:

1) Lack of public transportation.
    2) A social display of wealth.

I do think that if public transportation were offered in town and across cities with better transportation (fast train), it would bring Business out of Bangkok where rent is cheaper and push people to use cheaper alternative.

Every country should be offering incentives for people to use mass transporation systems.

On a "social level", there should be more neighborhood businesses were people could live near their job. Centralizing to hyper markets for example will also force a trip to the market.

Walk when you can, take a subway or skytrain when you can't and a bus if you can't do anything else.

October 22, 2009 at 2:40 am | Reply
  5. Keshav Mathur

No point in blaming car manufacturers/users for this plight. Both industry/individual have to survive. Blame it squarely on the pitiful public transport system. Governments are loathe to spending money or have no money for such ventures. Cities are growing inwards. Land for satellite townships is mired in acquisitional litigation. Rural population is migrating to urban areas for lack of opportunity in the countryside. Vehicle numbers and consequent pollution is playing havoc on civic amenities. Such is the rolling volume that roads can't be closed for repairs, padestrian crossings are life-threatening, traffic signals are violated. There is utter mayhem. And, this will continue to grow until the reverse process of migration to countryside, begins; until the governments develop areas, societies, industries and civilities beyond beyond the accepted peripheries of resource strapped city councils.

October 22, 2009 at 2:46 am | Reply
  6. Nick Hanlon

There is a solution,and it's been around for 100 years.RIDE A BIKE!It's cheap,gets you fit and you never have to worry about parking.There are no excuses if you are travelling less than 10 km and you haven't got a heavy load.The amount of cars with only the driver for a passenger is disgraceful as it is a waste of petrol,adds to congestion and pollution.I regularly beat people who ride on motorcycle's around town here in Chiang Mai.But remember,always wear a helmet.

October 22, 2009 at 3:55 am | Reply
  7. Carlos Martínez-Escalona

It's been more than a century since we started using internal combustion engines. The paradox is that it is one of the most inefficient machines to exist.

Cities that sprawl like bacteria are the cause of traffic. If the car was built as a tool, it should remain so. Maybe we, in America, have decided to rule the world by leading in and on everything. Megacities, as most Capital cities in the States are, de facto, dedicated to the car.

Take, for example, the Florida Coasts. City, after city after town after another city, make virtually impossible to walk across the Turnpike, let alone its inherent dangers.

The internal combustion engine should be killed along with the car. If safe and clean public transport is available, we could live again in more human ways. But, beware, our buildings, roads, suburbs, vacation sites, etc. are all built around the personal car.

Re-planning all urban settlements that were designed for the car is, maybe, the first major step, then,moving to natural gas, non-lubricated ceramic engines and energy generating motors in the car. Whatever we do, if we do not start re-planning, any effort will be futile.

October 22, 2009 at 4:28 am | Reply
  8. Gerrit

Companies should invest in technology so that you can work from home.

October 22, 2009 at 4:32 am | Reply
  9. Anirban Mukherjee

Becky,
    People will aspire to have their own vehicle and that is undertsnadable. So, if there's one billion, there could be six or seven billion (assuming one vehicle per person) in due course of time. The question is what kind of vehicles should they be and when and how should we be using them.
    A robust, safe, convenient, timely, and affordable public transport system (as appropriate to local conditions, but using the best available technology, implementation methods, and maintenance procedures from around the globe) would go a long way to ensure that people use such systems as often as is practically feasible economically sensible for them to do so. This would drive down the number of person vehicles on the road (or on other transportation corridors).
    At the same time, personal vehicle usage should be encouraged as a means of empowering people to go where they choose to go, at the time they choose to, and along the route they wish to, so the public transport system does not become a heavy burden on the public monetary resources available to governments for different public welfare purposes (and so that it does not become the means that everyone looks to as a panacea and expects to be made available where it is not practically, econmocally or strategically feasible, viable or sensible to provide such services, and at the frequencies that may help to remove the need for private/personal transport completely).
    And promotion of greener energy technology will be the key to ensuring that we are able to move around freely not only without clogging the roads (or other transporation corridors) but without clogging our lungs, blood vessels, and nervous systems with harmful substances that have the potential to destroy our existence, if left unchecked and allowed to proliferate unhindered.
    With hope, faith, and best wishes,
    Anirban Mukherjee,
    Kolkata, India.

October 22, 2009 at 5:05 am | Reply
  10. Arvind Rao

Steps to be taken by countries round the world:
    1) Cooperate to arrive at alternative fuels to oil. Even the current dependency on this resource is extracting a heavy price in terms of search, mining, processing and even wars!
    2) Improve infrastructure (roads, signal systems etc.) so as to minimise travel time
    3) Put in place efficient public transport and encourage people to use it
    4) Offer safe and healthy alternatives to people in big cities such as reseved bicycle paths connecting residential areas to the nearby railway / metro stations. This will also have a direct impact on the pollution, consumption of fuels of any kind and, healthy citizens.

October 22, 2009 at 5:07 am | Reply
  11. Asim Shaikh

If all the major cities have good public transport system, it will greatly reduce usage of personal cars. One can easily live in New York without owing a car. Why not other cities?

October 22, 2009 at 5:25 am | Reply
  12. henry.woodruff

More motorcycles and less cars are needed.

October 22, 2009 at 5:53 am | Reply
  13. nadim khoury

i sold my car last year because driving was ruining my day.
    drivers are getting worst. always stressed and always in a hurry!
    6 years ago traffic jam was so rare. today to see an empty road is so rare! people waist minimum 2 hours of their time sitting in the car each day!
    even if I'm going to have fun somewhere, i arrive to my destination in a bad mood.
    I was surprised that after selling my car i never had a problem reaching my destination!
    i use my bicycle for short trips and for long trips i always find a friend or a relative who can pick me up on his way to work or whatever plan we do.
    now I'm happier ,healthier and the most important is that I'm saving 35% more of my monthly income.
    for me owning a car is losing investment.
    i wont be sad the day oil runs out!

"The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart" (Iris Murdoch).

Nad.
    Beirut

October 22, 2009 at 5:59 am | Reply
  14. Jaime Giraldo

Bike and Train are the future.

October 22, 2009 at 6:59 am | Reply
  15. Kerry

"This is why the multi-billion-dollar motor industry is desperately striving to find alternative sources"

Only because by advertising as such, they can profit from the feeble economy. The motor industry had decades to find "alternative sources," and lo-and-behold, it took bankruptcies and a major wake-up call for these companies to even step outside of the box. And only barely. Look at BMW's ads for their new (small) diesel line.

Look at the ads for and against coal.

Look at the ads that extoll 32 mpg!! Wow!

It's too little, too late. I bike to work, so whatever to the rest of you.

October 22, 2009 at 7:08 am | Reply
  16. Darrin

Traffic is horrible for 3 major reasons. First, people are all about themselves. It's about them and they don't give 2 hoots about anyone else, which is the core of the next two reasons. Second, get off your stinking cellphone and drive your car, or pull over and talk. Driving slowly because you can't do both adequately is selfish and irresponsible. Third, move your dang car over to the right if you're driving the same speed as traffic on your right. People want to PASS you. Or again, is it all about you???

October 22, 2009 at 7:12 am | Reply
  17. Carl

In any traffic jam, look around: most cars have only one occupant, surrounded by 4+ EMPTY SEATS. It is ironic and incredibly inefficient that the global traffic snarl consists of burning millions of gallons of fuel each day to move multi-ton vehicles around with only one occupant. There has got to be a better way, like having governments require all single-occupant commuters to use 2-seater cars like the SMART. Exceptions can be made based on proven need and buying a license.

October 22, 2009 at 7:47 am | Reply
  18. Ahmad

Well definitely car means convinience of transporttation. But it also means show of luxurious life style, self importance etc. Give me a decent, reliable way of transportation, I will never bring my car on the road.

Thrills of a personal car are acentuated by car advertisements, car racing.

It is high time to go back to safe, reliable and accessible mass transport system in major cities all around the world.

May be a summit involving all nations of the world is called. this should concentrate to look into a plan to (must) introduce effective mass transport system in one the major cities of each country. Once this step is taken, rest of the big cities will realise the pros and cons of aletrnate trasort system.

October 22, 2009 at 9:13 am | Reply
  19. STEF

I don't think we've to wait our governments take in charge our transport problems; I'm living in mountains and I carry my bicycle on my hatchback;
    Once in town, i park my car and I continue easily and quicker with my bike , in the middle of the busy traffic!!!

thank's the bike !!!!

The most difficult is to change our behaviour!! but once it's done, that's so easy to continue!!!!

October 22, 2009 at 9:45 am | Reply
  20. DOTUN OSINAIKE

I think there is no gainsaying the fact that people would always love to drive cars and industries would be willing to produce new designs.Much of these, is actually beyond what we can eliminate-People need to commute.Factories need to run. People need the jobs and Economies need to grow.
    Better Control mechanisms or regulation could be one of the solutions.
    Another key point to note is the need for infrastructural development to keep step with population growth, on a sustainable level,that is.
    However, i believe, we could reduce the impact on the roads, provided,
    the other alternatives are affordable and easily accessible.These include-rail or metro line system,ferry and air transportation-
    Efficient public transport system.

October 22, 2009 at 9:45 am | Reply
  21. Jetro

I live in a city – Sao Paulo, Brazil – wich has five million cars running on its busy streets every day. It really drives me nuts!

Usually I spend two hours to run 12km (7.4 miles) to go work by morning and two hours to go back home, by night. So, I lose four hours of my life every day, in a jammed traffic!

If I sum this, I can see that:

– In a week I lose 20 hours;
    – Monthly this number goes to 80 hours;
    – Annually this time rises to an astonishing 960 hours!

It means that in 365 days, [b]40 days[/b] of my life is lost among cars!

If I go beyond that, I can see that in ten years, I have already lost more than 400 days (57 weeks) halted on streets!

If we had a better public transportation (underground, trains and so forth) for sure, it would be better. But, politicians do not care about it, since they travel by choppers! Then, I will continue to lose part of my life in such insane traffic.

Cheers,

October 22, 2009 at 9:45 am | Reply
  22. DOTUN OSINAIKE

May i add, Ms Anderson, that, an improved,well-secured and affordable technology-driven, services world could offer another opportunity to reduce this menace on our roads.Thanks

October 22, 2009 at 10:04 am | Reply
  23. Kuala Lumpur nuts

In his drive to put Kl on the world map, our ex-pm mahathir concentrated major projects in kl resulting in traffic jams.It no more concern to me now as i hv already migrated. But in my recent visit, the traffic has turned from bad to worst. Good job mahathir

October 22, 2009 at 11:01 am | Reply
  24. Go Green

when oil runs dry one day, big cities are the first to hit, hence property prices. The ones surviving r the bushman in the sahara or the natives of PNG. As the saying goes, life is a cycle and soon the world will be back to the caves again

October 22, 2009 at 11:07 am | Reply
  25. Rajan

Given a good public transport like I would never use it for regular commute but I may still own one and travel where public transport cannot take me and that is much less compared to normal daily commute to work.

A good public transportation need not bring the number of cars down but it can sure bring down emission levels.

October 22, 2009 at 11:22 am | Reply
  26. Vichai N

Bangkok's notorious congested roads could be greatly relieved by more public reliable public transport. This would include expanding the metro-rail service, particularly with more undergrounds and subways.

Different working hours for different commuter-groups would probably also work to ease rush hour traffic. Perhaps different working hours for government employees, different hours for students and schools and different hours for private workers/corporate sectors.

The Thai government should also give incentives for companies and offices to locate outside Bangkok – – thus dispersing traffic movement to be less concentrated and more spread.

October 22, 2009 at 11:24 am | Reply
  27. Keith, La Rioja, Spain

I live in a small provincial city of some 150,000 people, where mostly everywhere you need to go is 10-15 minutes on foot. 11 urban bus routes serve the whole city – and the service is the cheapest in Spain.
    BUT: people are selfish and lazy. They take their car out to go two-three-four blocks: and then either take three-quarters of an hour to find where to park the car, or just simply leave it in double-file, thus molesting traffic and causing snarl-ups. I even tell people who live outside the city to come into town by bus (every 15 minutes mostly) as it is cheaper, quicker, more comfortable....... Coming four-five kilometres into town and then the return is far more expensive in petrol (gas) than the bus ticket; and when they get here they must pay underground parking...... but no: they come by car, complaining about everything.
    This mentality must be changed – in the whole world.
    I could not bear to live in megatropolis such as Mumbai, Kolkata, Djakarta, Shanghai, Beijing, New York, London, Moscow, Río de Janeiro......etc. However, take a look at what they have done with public transport in Curitbá (Brazil).

October 22, 2009 at 11:26 am | Reply
  28. Bridget

I live in Istanbul and the traffic is horrendous. There are so many "illegal" taxis and buses that clog the streets. It has to start with better city planning and eliminating illegal housing which leads to crooked and disjointed streets which adds more to traffic congestion. The bus system is awesome here but with the amount of taxis and cars on the road it is useless and can take hours to go 1 mile on the road. It’s not even worth it to leave your house during the winter rain and snow because you can’t get anywhere unless you walk. The roads and hills are too dangerous for bikes or I would bike all the time. However, I don’t have a death wish.

Its begins with the government enforcing traffic laws and regulations. Improving public transportation such as trains and subways and limiting the amount of vehicles on the road, public and private until traffic and safety can be improved. Right now everybody is driving on the road and no one is going anywhere.

October 22, 2009 at 11:49 am | Reply
  29. Andy

I stopped driving completely in 2003. Since then I have lived in two large cities and a suburban house and worked in a standard office job and as a consultant (which involved visiting multiple offices each day), taken trips across three continents and taken my wife to the hospital for labor and raised a child (with occasional ER runs). I've made of public transit that ranges from excellent to awful, made use of deliveries from markets and other shops, but primarily the bicycle has replaced what was once the car. Traffic exists for public transit, walking, and bicycles too, but the difference (beyond the ecological questions) is that walking and biking put you in a better mood even when there is traffic. Parking just makes you nervous. So STOP DRIVING.

October 22, 2009 at 12:14 pm | Reply
  30. Klas2k

A good point is to use more public transportation.
    Also,as pointed out, going more than 1 person per car !

Further ahead in the future we may have soemthing like "car trains" – where personal vehicles is virtually connected to a train of vehicles on main roads (you are basically just a passenger) – and handled as a normal car when on the smaller roads.

Benefits: quicker transports, smaller space needed, higher speeds feasible, driver can relax and be a passenger/work etc during transportation and the transportation will be safer, but flexibility will be maintained and one doesnt have to sit in the crowd with all the others.

of course these vehicles will probbbly bee electrical/hybrid ones...

/K – Sweden

October 22, 2009 at 12:22 pm | Reply
  31. Anderson Strake

Brazil has one of the most dangerous traffic in the world. We have all automibile industries here: Ford, GM, VW, Fiat,Renault,Citroen,Mercedes,Scania,Toyota,Honda,Hynduai...etc..etc..And all of them in time of crisis made their profits here in the last decade. Month after month the cars sales are increase. In the same time government don´t invest in Bikeways or public transportation...The tax and insurances increase fast....what we can wait for the future?

October 22, 2009 at 12:37 pm | Reply
  32. Tony Pawley

I have been driving over 25 years and traffic is increasing at an astounding rate and getting more and more frustrating. The question we should seek to address is why do we use a car ? Some of the main reasons are To get to Work , to get the Kids to School , to transport essential goods and non-essential shopping and for pleasure. The way to cut down car use is to change the way we do all these things – Work from home more , organise school runs and shopping between neighbours and think of alternatives for pleasure runs

October 22, 2009 at 12:39 pm | Reply
  33. Cuneyt

I am living in Istanbul. Especially in the rush-hour noone can describe what traffic looks like around the Bosphorus. I live at Anatolian side but near to the Bosp, my sister lives in Europe,she's also very close to the Bosp. However,for friday evenings, it's much more easier to go to my aunt living in Zurich. The former takes 3,5 hours, the latter takes 3 hours:)
    The importance of public transportation should be explained in detail, maybe there can be some funny lecture in the primary and secondary school.

October 22, 2009 at 2:31 pm | Reply
  34. Eric

After years of having to fight daily traffic commuting to a place in Rome, Italy, unserved by train or bus, I am finally able to use public transportation and the improvement in my life is even greater than I thought it would be. The only advice I have for those who cannot enjoy this good fortune is to try and be even more polite to other drivers. The worst thing about traffic is the meanness of your fellow man (and woman) and it is at least a small satisfaction to know that you have not contributed to the general ill will.

October 22, 2009 at 3:57 pm | Reply
  35. Karol

I use bike for every day transport.I have no car.

October 22, 2009 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  36. ann

There's enough energy stored in the numerous layers of fat
    that most people these days are sporting to fuel years of transporting. Why don't people walk more or ride a bike? We need better walking paths and sidewalks and public transportation that is comfortable , safe and affordable. (And someone needs to invent a really light weight, super sturdy cart to carry groceries and other things if one does decide to walk. )

October 22, 2009 at 5:51 pm | Reply
  37. Nick Schoot

Dear Becky,

I think that Motorbikes and bicycles are in combination with good public transport the future for a world that relies too much on oil products.

Governments should put more emphasis on public transport in combination with good, accessable, clean designated pathways for bicycles and walkers throughout the biggest cities and encourage the smaller cities to follow that example.

Educating grown-ups and children that the environment is more important then their ownership of a fuel/oil using machine that only adds to the environmental problems of today and the future if we don't change our way of live and behaviour.

I never was for riding my bicycle until I bought a mountainbike, now I'm hooked on riding it, it gives relaxaging and a good condition all for free. No gym membership needded for me.

Governments should recommend employers to let the employees work from home or through more flexible hours like from 7-15u oe 8-16u instead from 9-17u for everybody, which is congestion for public transport and main roads that are relatively empty outside the 9-17u working-hours. This is according my experience as an ex-taxi/cab driver.

I don't own a car and only selden use my motorbike for long trips, short trips I ride my mountainbike. If I can adjust my behaviour in favour of the environment, everybody can in my humble opinion.

I'm looking forward to watching Your show tonight and all weeknights,
    Ms Becky Anderson.

Greetings from the Netherlands,
    Nick S.

October 22, 2009 at 6:09 pm | Reply
  38. Robin

People should have to 'qualify' to drive faster, more powerful cars. The range of driving ability on the roads is as great as the population distribution itself, hence there are some very good, experienced drivers, and there are some muppets who should not be allowed to get into a car in the first place. Recently qualified drivers should have to 'earn' the right to drive faster, more powerful cars – until that happens they should be permitted to drive only the slowest, less powerful models. The rules of the road are designed to regulate the lowest common denominator and hence better drivers feel hugely frustrated by 20 mph speed limits, for example.

October 22, 2009 at 6:19 pm | Reply
  39. Neiwal Pinheiro

Hello, I'm from Brazil and live in Salvador. In Salvador we have many cars on the roads. Many people use their cars to go out everyday. Our public transportation dosen't work. We have some works in road, in subway, in tunnel that it's unfinished. The traffic is very complicated here. In my opinion the public administration of my city should build more roads, diminish the traffic light in the city and prioritize these constructions unfinished. But I don't worry me when I drive in Salvador because I had left more early with my car and I had arrived more early in my destination. Sometimes I had stayed very irritated too.

Neiwal / Salvador -Ba

October 22, 2009 at 7:23 pm | Reply
  40. Larry

There are many different public transportation options available. They are not always convenient, but they are much more relaxing than fighting traffic every day. I have been using public transportation for the past 24 years, and the few times I have driven have made me realize how public transportation makes the day much more relaxing in the end. The benefits of a relaxing 30 minute ride far outweight the costs of fighting wtih traffic for 20-30 minutes or longer if there is an accident or bad weather.

October 22, 2009 at 8:09 pm | Reply
  41. yonatan

the worst type of traffic is the one from roadworks!!!
    it closes down lanes and makes what would take 10 minutes 1 hour

October 22, 2009 at 8:24 pm | Reply
  42. Steve

I chose the city I live in for its quality of life – i.e., giving up salary for not having traffic hassles. It takes me 18 minutes kitchen-to-office to cycle to work, and 15 minutes to drive.
    I'm not going to tell you which city, but it also has clean air, mountains, oceans – Oh yes, when I cycle home it takes me a couple of hours because I stop for a swim at the local beach.
    How much did I pay for this paradise? No idea, but it sure is worth it.

October 22, 2009 at 8:28 pm | Reply
  43. Nicholas

It's now 4:34pm in Trinidad, i am a university student in the University of Trinidad and Tobago's south campus located in south Trinidad. In the city of San Fernando, my goodness its one of the worst traffic jam in the country, it gives the city a deadlock almost whole day, it can send a peaceful person insane.

October 22, 2009 at 8:38 pm | Reply
  44. Eduardo - Sao Paulo - Brazil

The solution is the electric bike!

October 22, 2009 at 8:45 pm | Reply
  45. cbell

I live out side of Atlanta, GA, USA. I now take a commuter bus 1 hour each way on my 25 mile commute when before I would sit in traffic in my car for upwards of 2 hours one way. I do not understand how we got here. What I mean is that 20-30 years ago some economist somewhere forecasted that cities and surrounding suburbs are expected to grow at certain annual rate. Why didn't the policy makers take this forecast in to account and made transportation infrastructure investment to keep up with the growth? It appears only now officals are saying "you know we got traffic problems" Furthermore, out of control sprawl has a lot to do with why there are so many people on the road traveling from Suburbs to the City for work. Why wasn't there an impact study done before the suburan planning committees ok'd developers to build a zillion new homes? Did not anyone say " you know, we really do not have the highway infrastructure to support thousands & thousands of new people and there cars". Poor planning, Poor planning, Poor planning

October 26, 2009 at 7:30 pm | Reply
  46. Shana Varble

With the threat of global warming looming large, more and more people are switching over to energy-efficient appliances and environmentally-friendly products. Offices are large consumers of furniture and in keeping with the green revolution it is important that office furniture should be eco-friendly. The primary concerns to be considered when choosing eco-friendly office furniture are the choice of wood and the chemicals involved in the manufacture of the furniture..

Newest piece of content on our web blog
    <'http://www.caramoan.co/