Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connector: Eva Longoria Parker

March 11th, 2010

She's one of the most scandalous characters on television and Eva Longoria Parker loves every minute of it.

What question do you want to send Eva Longoria Parker?

What question do you want to send Eva Longoria Parker?

The Latina actress plays Gabrielle Solis on the hit US television show "Desperate Housewives" and has craft fully played the vain, materialistic and shallow character for the past six seasons without fail.

Born in 1975 to Mexican American parents, Longoria Parker originally wanted to have a career as a fashion model, but it was her roles on television that shot her to super stardom.

She first appeared on "Beverly Hill 90210" in 2000, but it wasn't until later in that year that she got her big break.

Longoria Parker landed a role playing a psychotic murderer on the soap opera "The Young and the Restless".

After three years in the role, Longoria Parker landed a part on "Desperate Housewives" and has been in the role since 2004.

In 2007 the actress married NBA basketball star Tony Parker.

While Longoria Parker has been a huge celebrity in her own right, she has dedicated a substantial portion of her time to charitable projects.

In 2006, she founded her own charity called "Eva's Heroes" which helps children living with a disability.

She has also been a strident advocate for the Latino community and was named philanthropist of the year by the "Hollywood Reporter".

Longoria Parker is currently in London and will be hosting a gala fundraising night at the Dorchester Hotel for the "Make a Wish Foundation" as well as "Eva's Heroes".

Here's your chance to ask this celebrity philanthropist a question.

Want to know about her role in Desperate Housewives? Does she have any inside goss on the show and Gabrielle? Maybe you want to know about her role as an advocate for the Latino community?

Please post your questions below and tell us where you're from so we can include it in the show. Tune in on Wednesday March 17 at 2100 GMT to see if we used your question.

1. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Eva Jacqueline Longoria Parker and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Eva Jacqueline Longoria Parker to the following questions:
    – What are your future plans?
    – When are you and William Anthony Parker starting with kids?
    – How are you and William Anthony Parker inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Eva Jacqueline Longoria Parker’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

March 11, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Reply
  2. Carlos

Hi, Eva.

I'm looking forward to seeing you here in Spain.
    When would it be possible to have the chance of enyoing your presence among your spaniards followers?.

A pleasure to hear from you.

March 12, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Reply
  3. lily

Eva – i'm such a fan of Gabrielle Solis but it's kind of scary how well you play that role.
    Clearly you're not that self-centered and spoiled because you spend so much time on good causes.
    how do you turn yourself into gabrielle? Does it drain you?

March 12, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Reply
  4. Tommy

Eva you gorgeous person!! what are your long term career goals?? do you think you'll stay in hollywood forever?

March 12, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  5. stu

tell the actor who plays carlos he looks MUCH better w/out the gotee=shave it.

March 12, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Reply
  6. Chad

Eva,
    I absolutely adore you. I'm a Spanish teacher and I'm curious about your Latina roots. Do you speak fluent Spanish? Are you in touch with your latin roots?

March 12, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Reply
  7. Michelle

Eva: I just wanted to tell you I love the part of Gabrielle Solis. She's a hoot. I love her hutzpah!

March 12, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Reply
  8. Nanbawan

Bonjour Eva !

Do you plan to play in a French speaking movie one day ?

Salut !

March 12, 2010 at 11:52 pm | Reply
  9. Lise

Hi Eva,

Have you heard of the Dream Act and if so how could you help? If not please look it up. Thanks

March 13, 2010 at 3:16 am | Reply
  10. Jeff

Eva,

My wife and I started watching "Desperate Housewives" when we were in the U.S. and we still follow the show in Hong Kong. We love it!

My family is a bit like the Solis family: a working husband, a stay-home mom and two young kids. Like Gabrielle, my wife gave up her career to take care of the kids. And sometimes there is this "what if" question in our mind. What's your real opinion on that?

March 13, 2010 at 6:16 am | Reply
  11. eduardo

as a mexican-american myself, it makes me feel good that you
    are a successful latina in hollywood, it seems that finally latinas
    and latinos are appearing in tv and movies...its a great beginning
    you're very good looking and i admire you're giving yourself to
    good causes... i which you the best in your marriage and career...
    ciao...
    eduardo......

March 13, 2010 at 6:34 am | Reply
  12. Vikram Avtar from India

Hi Eva,
    You are 1 of my favorite TV star's & I have to admit I used to watch the show because of you.
    1 Question:Whats can your fans expect in the future ? What surprises has Eva got up her sleeve ? Any new roles or new show's ?? Do lets us know !!!!

March 13, 2010 at 7:55 am | Reply
  13. BaffaMustapha

Hello!. My Q: How did you managed to have a stable relationship with Tony,when infact both of you have little time out of work?.
    Are you concerned that Tony might pick up an injury along the way? Do you caution him be for playing?
    Kano-Nigeria.

March 13, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Reply
  14. modester Aku from Nigeria

Dear, you are my role model, my regards to Tony.

March 13, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Reply
  15. YoungBen Ulebor

Does Tony see anything wrong with you being scandalous on Tv.?.?.

March 15, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Reply
  16. Arden

Eva
    What are your thoughts on having a sister with Ds? What are thoughts regarding Ds?

Thanks

March 16, 2010 at 11:37 am | Reply
  17. NC fan

Eva,

How has having a sister with a disability impacted you and what you choose to do with your celebrity? What do you want the public to know about people with disabilities and/or being the sibling to someone with a disability?

Thanks much!

March 16, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Reply
  18. Annie Broderick

I love the TV series, "Desperate House Wives". By any comparison, do you share similar character to Gabrielle Solis in reality?

Annie Broderick
    Victoria Island, Lagos
    Nigeria

March 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Reply
  19. Richard

I only watch Desperate House Wives to see you,Eva, Love your performance and really wonder do you live your everyday life like Gabrielle Solis?

March 17, 2010 at 6:33 am | Reply
  20. Biscolf

Hi,i love everything you do.Eva how do you start your day?thanks

March 17, 2010 at 7:09 am | Reply
  21. Sophie

Hi Eva,

I love Desperate Housewives and love the way you portray the character of Gabby – I find some of the things she says hilarious!

– Where do you find the inspiration for creating a character like her?
    – Are there any big storylines we can expect involving Gabby in the near future?

Thanks very much