Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Is it too soon for Tiger Woods to return to golf?

March 16th, 2010

Embattled golf superstar Tiger Woods will make his return to the sport at the Masters Tournament in April after being sidelined by a sex scandal, he announced Tuesday.

Tiger Woods will play in the Masters Tournament in April.

Tiger Woods will play in the Masters Tournament in April.

The announcement comes nearly a month after Woods publicly apologized for what he called "irresponsible and selfish" behavior, which he said included infidelity, and said he was going through a course of therapy to help "become a better man."

"The Masters is where I won my first major and I view this tournament with great respect. After a long and necessary time away from the game, I feel like I'm ready to start my season at Augusta," Woods said in a statement.

"The major championships have always been a special focus in my career and, as a professional, I think Augusta is where I need to be, even though it's been a while since I last played."

The Masters Tournament is scheduled to take place from April 8 to April 11.

Woods has not played in a golf tournament since November 15.

We want to know what you think.

Are you happy with Woods' decision to play in a golf tournament again? How do you think he will do? Will he be accepted by fans?

1. Don

I'm elated. The best golfer in the world is returning to play. I doubt the other pros are so pleased, but the galleries should expand considerably!

March 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  2. Roger Barthe

I am thrilled that he has decided to return to Golf , He is a golf prodigy and great fun to watch. The man is a golfer . all other issues set aside. Please let him do what he does best. Can,t wait for his tee off at Augusta.

March 16, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Reply
  3. ATLANTAGA

No he should have never left..

March 16, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Reply
  4. ATLANTAGA

Yes I'm happy he is back...He should have never left.

March 16, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Reply
  5. mark

Welcome back, Tiger!

March 16, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  6. Wendel

Welcome back Tiger!

I appreciate your apology, but all you have to bring is your golf game and the personality that has made modern professional golf.

Your biggest problem will be golf journalists and peers who do not believe you have a right to a personal life. Eventually they will get over it.

You may not win at the Masters, but you will be a presence.

March 16, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Reply
  7. Linda Williams

Good for Tiger! I'll be glad to see him back and hope that he can play his sport w/o continued harrassment by the media. He made mistakes and has apologized for them; he can work the rest out in private with his wife and family. He's the only reason I've ever watched golf, seeing a master at work (or play) is exciting and inspiring.

March 16, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Reply
  8. Chuck

No. Thank God he is back. Stay out of his family's business. He's a golfer, not a saint.

March 16, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Reply
  9. Henry Ebem

PGA, Sponsors and all making a living with Tiger is tired of loosing money, they need to bring in their bread & butter asernal, so it will be good for all involved. Which ever way the wind blows for Tiger at Augusta, i.e win or loss, it will be atributed to his current plight. I wish him the best and hope that he bargains well to recoup some of the money he lost in the last couple of months. He needs to get a pie of all sponsorship deals, since many people will be tuned in to see how Tiger will perform there, therefore need to cash in as a compensation not just for his golf talent, but the pain and suffering he has been through.

March 16, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Reply
  10. Mark

I know that I will be watching golf only because of Tigers return.

March 16, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Reply
  11. Bernard

I think it is great! We all have made mistakes in our lives. Jesus said, "He who is without sin, let them cast the first stone." He has every right to continue on with his life without finger pointing.

March 16, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Reply
  12. Carol

OK with me, but I still don't have any respect for him as a person, just as a golfer. To all the women out there, Fore!

March 16, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Reply
  13. Chuck

Take the year off bro. Everyone hasn't come out of the woodwork yet.

March 16, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Reply
  14. GD

"After a long and necessary time away from the game"

Umm...that was a long time? He should come back whenever he wants to, but to position it as having been away a long time? Yeah, ok.

March 16, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  15. Bob W.

Welcome back Tiger.

March 16, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  16. george

No, it's time for him to resume his career.

March 16, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Reply
  17. John

Carol,

We are yet to hear that Tiger any of those ladies! They had consensual sex, period. Your respect or otherwise of him is irrelevant, if you care to know.

March 16, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  18. bill dahlgren

This is disgraceful.
    It is obvious that Tiger Woods does not care about
    really working out the horrors he has cast on his
    family. He thinks 4 short months is all it takes to
    right the horrible wrongs he has done? Absurd.
    His entire life should be concentrated on helping
    his wife and children heal after his terrible actions.
    Golf should be the last thing he should be concentrating
    on right now. This is a very selfish, irresponsible,
    immature person and his going to play in the Masters
    proves that. I have watched the Masters for the last 35
    years. But I will never watch it this time or anytime again
    as long as he is participating. He will stain the hallowed
    ground of Augusta with his presence. Just a disgusting
    exhibit of ego and self centered thinking. I refuse to be
    a part of it.

March 16, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Reply
  19. george

"Allright guys it is time to shoot for second place again" Dadgumit he's backkkkkkkkkk.Let the fun begin.Thank you Mr. Woods for bringing the excitement back to golf, whether you win or lose it is great to see you are returning.And to all you athlete seeking women "STAY THE HELL BACK".

March 16, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  20. Rich Devaney

God... I was hoping he was gone for good. I hope he totally crumbles. Looking forward to seeing him suck. What a sham.

March 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  21. Pat

Tiger Woods did not cheat at golf. He has a right to continue with his profession that supports he and his family just as another person.

I am glad to see him return to golf. I have not been watching it lately because the true top player was not there to make the person who won in a tournament a legitimate top golfer.

There should not be any problems with true golf fans simply because he did not cheat at golf. HE CHEATED ON HIS WIFE AND THAT MAKES IT AN ISSUE BETWEEN HE AND HIS WIFE.

March 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  22. Miles

I think that his personal life is none of anybody's business but his and his families and it is entirely up to him and his family if it is time to return to golf. I welcome his return when he is ready. It is a great experience to see him play.

March 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  23. Mike

I am glad to see Tiger will be back golfing. I enjoy watching him as a golfer and competitor. The PGA tour is not the same without him. Although I will still enjoy watching him golf, I have lost respect for him as a person. I believe most golf fans will welcome him back.

March 16, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  24. Jenny

He doesn't have to explain himself to me or my family. He's an athlete. So he isn't someone I respect too much as a husband, but who cares what I think. As a golfer, he's amazing. We have seen him play in person and he is just so focused and fun to watch. We have not watched any golf since he dropped out. He has modivated my son to learn the game of golf. Because he sees how much work Tiger puts on and off the course (golf that is), he tries real hard like him. I stress "we" are raising our son to be a wonderful, caring and compasionate young man, not Tiger Woods. And, Elin, I hope they do work things out. Good for her for trying. I don't know if I have it in me to do the same. She seems like an amazing person that I hope Tiger appreciates.

March 16, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  25. don

i am so sick of everyone saying that this is the perfect place for tiger to return .teat augusta is well controlled ,etc. ,etc. the fact is just that.this is not your "normal" golf course and atmosphere as far as the pga tour goes.tiger has and will not see nothing until he gets to a different venue.that is when the circus will set up tents.and it will happen .that is tigers biggest decision ,not whether he returns at the masters or not ,but where his "REAL " return will be.this will be a cake walk for him compared to that day.this is just another private bubble for tiger to be in.sooner or later he will have to come out of his bubble.

March 16, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Reply
  26. george

Hey Bill GET OVER IT. IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE ANYTHING WRONG THEN YOU CAN TALK ,BUT SINCE THE BIBLE DOE NOT SAY"IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS A WORD , AND THE WORD WAS "BILL" I DON'T THINK SO gO TIGER BE AS GREAT AS YOU ARE MEANT TO BE ALL YOU HATERS NEED TO GET A DAMN LIFE.....!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Reply
  27. jon

Can't wait to see him harassed form the sidelines, this is gonna be entertaining.

March 16, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Reply
  28. Dean

There are far more important headlines then Tiger Woods.

March 16, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Reply
  29. Debbie

Bill Dahlgren,
    How much vacation time do you take every time you screw up? I'm sure your employer loves you for it.

March 16, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Reply
  30. Rich

I wouild like to club the TIGER with my 9 iron right in the jewels.

March 16, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  31. Sam Shade

It's about time. I can watch golf again.

March 16, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Reply
  32. William Ray

Happy? I don't think that is the correct question. Seeing Woods play will certainly boost my enjoyment of watching the major golf tournaments. I guess you could say, "yes, I'm happy to see Woods back in golf."

We're now in an era where every 'personality' in our culture may come under tremendous media scrutiny. Woods' failures as a husband and father are not unusual but, because of Tiger's media stature, they become front page news. Many families suffer the same kinds of destructive behavior and we never hear about them. They are private. If for nothing else, the Woods saga reflects for all of us who would break our wedding vows as if what we say has no meaning what-so-ever.

If just one individual is turned from extra-marital sex and a family is saved then the media coverage is just and right. If not, then all the barrage of information on the situation is just something to sell cars or i-phones.

March 16, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Reply
  33. Julia

let he who is without sin cast the first stone. if he gets away with it everyone gets away with it. this isnt a minor sin this is minor legeau of women. how come every one is acting like he is still someone to admire. if someone was a pedaphile could you still separate that from his career? 4 months? really? i dont know why elin stays with him. its obvious his number one priority is still himself. i hope she is just being nice and waiting for him to get his feet on the ground before she quietly slips into the night. frankly he doesnt deserve her or his publics respect. the amount of sympathy for this guy is sickening. fine he is a great golfer - but why is everyone still trying to pass him off as a great person aswell? perhaps its every mans dream to be able to have no accountability for his actions and thats where all this support truly stems from.

March 16, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Reply
  34. rich

He may be ready to come back to the game, but is he ready for the scrutiny and harassment he will certainly be subjected to? The spotlight he is currently under is only going to get brighter and hotter when he is once again in the public forum. Choosing the Masters to return is probably a good strategic move, as it is more likely to be an under control crowd, but it does smack a little of ego, pride and entitlement. It will take time, but just like Kobe, he will soon be the darling of everyone's eye again.

March 16, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Reply
  35. Andy

I liked golf just fine without him. I'm glad he got taken down a notch or two because of the hypocrisy of him acting like a role model to kids with his Tiger Woods foundation while actually being such a GIANT **. He is a great golfer but his legacy will always be tarnished by this. Golf is a game where you penalize yourself for making a mistake, not wait until you get caught.

March 16, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Reply
  36. alice

welcome back tiger my husband was a big fan of yours he passed away 6 years ago i love to watch you play

March 16, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  37. Mary A

Hallilujah, Tiger's back in the game! There is no spirit to the sport without his valuable talent; the tension it creates among players and excitement for the fans makes the sport fun. Do well my golf friend and best wishes for success in your personal challenges also.

March 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Reply
  38. VWurld.com

Im excited!!! Golf NEEDS Tiger! He is the best Golfer in the world! And unitl he returns all of the so called "Champs" are that just in name!!!

COME HOME TIGER!!!

WE MISS YOU, MAN!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Reply
  39. joan

FINALLY!!! The greatest golfer of our time is out of the prison of media dismemberment. God I am so glad to hear that I will be watching Golf again. I have missed his presence so much. I can only hope that the fans at the Masters, his co-comptetors and the announcers will keep the snide comments to themselves and just let the man golf. I'm not a religious person but I have heard of this, Let the man who has not sinned throw the first stone. Will that be you, Mr. or Mrs. Perfect??

March 16, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  40. don

call me after the masters..thats when the clowns and elephants show up.thats when the heckling from the gallery will take place.thats when TMZ will be there asking questions.Augusta is nothing more than an extension of his million dollar yacht ,called "privacy", by the way! gonna be a long year Tiger, man up dude! because you only play once at Augusta!

March 16, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Reply
  41. DCM5150

Glad to see I'm not the only one who can't figure out why this is such a big deal. It seems that only the sports media is upset because apparently Tiger "tricked" them or "solf them a bill of goods that wasn't true". He's a great golfer. He never jumped into the crowd and started punching people, he didn't shoot anybody, or bring a bag full of weapons to the course. He made a mistake in his personal life. Guess what? He's not the first person or professional golfer to cheat on his wife. He just did it in a huge and dramatic way. He still did nothing illegal. He didn't cheat the game of golf (that we know of yet) or anything else associated with golf.

As far as Bill goes – I wonder what he is expecting Tiger to do for 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Golf is his job, his career and the only thing he has known since he was 3. I'm thinking that taking that away is not the best for him and his family.

March 16, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Reply
  42. Tom

Already? After what he did? When he said he was going to take time off, I would assume a year, but only a couple of months and already he coming back to the games. He not coming back to play, just want to see all the pretty girls again. Once a sex addict, ALWAYS a sex addict.
    Hope it will be all men there and no women, lol. Maybe he ll catch some guy's eyes.

March 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  43. TonySeattle

No, not too soon for Tiger to return. He didn't break the rules of golf. People shouldn't look to celebs, politicians, and sports figures as moral compasses. Look within! Rich, you and Bill Dahlgren sound pretty emotional about this.....for guys! Maybe should check your own jewels!

March 16, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Reply
  44. MKAACES

WHO CARES!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Reply
  45. don

mkaaces......you clicked on article,i assume read it. then you even took time to type a short response.YOU CARE EVIDENTLY!!!

March 16, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  46. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello CNN friends,

If Eldrick Tont Woods returns at the Masters,
    he will probably get a cold reception.
    If he plays golf very well,
    the crowed will like him again.

Advice
    Let us Now make our world
    a Better Healthier and Beautiful World
    for You and for Me!

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

March 16, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Reply
  47. Jack N.

I'm gonna buy a Masters badge for every one of his "girls" to follow him around the course. Oh, wait, I think there's enough of them to park one on every hole. Maybe then we'll see how good his concentration really is on short puts.

March 16, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Reply
  48. Sue

I think he is a disgrace and I have NO respect for him! I could care less if he ever golfs again!

March 16, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Reply
  49. denise

Glad he is getting his life back. He is the best golfer to date. His personal life is no ones business and all those women are to blame also, GO TIGER we have missed you.

March 16, 2010 at 5:06 pm | Reply
  50. Tommy

I agree with Tony Seattle...Rich & Bill Dahlgren, check your own closet! Don't let the skeltons hit you in the face!

March 16, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  51. John Maclean

Hope that Tigers return to the Masters will provide us all with the lasting memories of times past. He should have never left golf in his troubling times.

How many women have cheated on their husbands without the knowledge of their husbands and gotten away with it? My wife cheated on me and I was the last person to find out about it.

Best of luck Tiger for a productive future in golf.

March 16, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  52. rich

Tiger Great to have you back. I know you will take care of your PERSONAL matters just like all of us do. I along with my son and daughter will come see you play wherever and whenever we can just like always. GOD bless you nd your family.

March 16, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Reply
  53. Candis

Thank goodness! Golf is no fun without him. I agree whole heartedly with the person that wrote "He is a golfer, not a saint"! Welcome back Tiger!!!

March 16, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Reply
  54. Tommy

So Jack N., you are going to buy $601/day tickets for each girl? Buy me one!

March 16, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Reply
  55. Mike Vick

He shud have never left. I don't care if he stills cheats on his wife. He is a golfer not a saint. Who hasn't ever stepped out on their wife before.

March 16, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Reply
  56. John Maithcraic

Tiger should value his family more than making a few extra dollars. he should come back when his family situation is cleared up.

While i do not approve of it he I think he is going to be faced with fan disapproval. He is picking a safe place to return as the "Augusta Police" will protect him from the crowds. Augusta does not approve of "circus environments".

He lost my respect and it will hard for him to earn it back. Golf is a game for gentlemen and Tiger is no gentleman.

March 16, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Reply
  57. bubba6109

so mr. dahlgren the next time you bring shame or dishonor to your family you must leave your job and not go back until you have rectified all with them. to go back to work while you are dealing with a family matter is a selfish and arrogant act.
    thank you for your valuable insights. the masters tournament will miss you.

March 16, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Reply
  58. Paula.lpo

Yes he should come back before we FIND OUT how many more
    golf pros have cheating going on. Anything about Mickelson? Daly?
    Els? or others?
    NO?! Oh!, I see. So all the others are perfect without sin. And
    YOU BELIEVE then that Tiger was the only one.
    I agree with you that what he did was not right. But you know that
    such sexual behavior is not limited to Tiger only. As a former member of the paparazzi, this story was a goldmine! We had info about some lesser known pro golfers involved in marital cheating, but they were no big names and the magazines were not interest. A Tiger Woods shot? Ya-a-a-ah!!!, there's big money in THAT ONE!!

March 16, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Reply
  59. Glendon

Hello cnn friends,

Very glad he is back.He is the best golfer ever.
    For me he is the Mozart of golf.
    I can wait to see him play.

March 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Reply
  60. Agnes

Very Good TIger. Welcome back. We are all glad to seen you back.

March 16, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Reply
  61. Jan

Welcome back, Tiger!! Golf is not the same without you. Joan put it so well. If the lives of all the golfers around you were examined they wouldn't be perfect either. Not to make excuses for your poor choices but, as a mother who has watched grown children go through the pressures of adding children and extended families of spouces to their already busy lives, this period of your life is especially hectic. You will get better at juggling the different areas of your life but it will never be as easy as it was back when it was just you, Mom and Dad. Be strong and know that being faithful to your marrige and loving Elin is the best gift you can give your beautiful children.

March 16, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Reply
  62. Sunset36

WELCOME BACK TIGER!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Reply
  63. Charles

All I have to say is that I hope he loses big time.

March 16, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Reply
  64. cranberrynj

So his self-imposed exile to work on personal and family issues involved missing exactly..... 4 golf tournaments.

And yet some still wonder why we doubt his sincerity...

March 16, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Reply
  65. vickiejohnson

Welcome back Tiger! I hope this year is full of promise and healing for you and your precious family. Let's play some Golf!

March 16, 2010 at 5:27 pm | Reply
  66. ken

can those ladies tell us about other men, is that only tiger have sex with them?

March 16, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Reply
  67. vickie

Welcome back! Can not wait to see you hit the links at Augusta! Stay Focused!

March 16, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Reply
  68. sue

I may not always root for Tiger because I like to see the other golfers win but I really enjoy watching him. I am continually amazed at how close he gets the ball to the pin and how he gets out of a difficult lie. Glad to hear that he is coming back; it will add excitement back into the game.

March 16, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Reply
  69. Carol Waters

I think any tournament that he returns to in golf will be an uphill battle for him due to the time off. I for one am glad to see him back and I wish him and his wife all the best. The rest of us should back off, leave them alone and let him play golf. I am sure I am not alone in thinking I have heard enough.

March 16, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Reply
  70. david Fla.

There are only a few other golfers in history that demonstrate the god given talent to perform as an expert, not just a good player. I will always want to watch him play as long as I can. This only happens a few times in someones life.

I am also sure there are other "players" on tour that you do not hear about because their not on top of the mountain.

So, yea I'm glad he is BACK! let the games begin.

March 16, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Reply
  71. smitty

Do people realize there are the United States is currently sending it's young people to fight in two wars? Are we really more concerned about some professional athlete's sex life than world and current events? Where are our priorities?!?!

March 16, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Reply
  72. George Nkanoni

Let him play back but try to respect his personality as a champion,public interest and his entire family.

March 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Reply
  73. Barbara

Never should of left anyway... one has nothing to do with the other and let's move on and call it a day!

March 16, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Reply
  74. T

Too soon to return to golf? Not at all. To save his marriage? Hell yes. This only proves that golf will always come first for Tiger. As a golfer he may be one of the best, but as a husband he's got no respect whatsoever. Not that we should care. His wife is the one who will need to put up with his behavior.

March 16, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Reply
  75. Laura

This is a total disgrace to the golf world. I will not watch any event he is participating in. He is not sorry for his family, only that he got caught and can't play "Mr. Nice Guy". I have always thought he was selfish and out for #1 only. He doesn't seem to show any respect for his wife in any of the pictures I have seen. He is suppose to be an example to the youth, and to think he tries to let on he's out to help the young golfer's. He can't wait to get back to the prize "The Masters". ME, ME, ME. I will have to see something different from him to think anything has changed. His wife is just a show piece to make him look like a great guy. News People, get over it! There are plenty of golf stars out there with GOOD stories! Let's hear about them.

March 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Reply
  76. cheysuli1

Just think: Had Tiger not run into a fire hydrant and a tree, he would still be free to conduct affairs with any number of women, and we wouldn't know about it. Neither would the press. Life, for him, would remain the same. But he did run into a fire hydrant and a tree, and millions now know his secret life.

Now, in rehab and recovery, he can actually work hard to become a much better husband, father, and person. I think it's a good thing he had the accident.

March 16, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Reply
  77. Shankapotomus

Tiger returns??? who cares!!!
    like any sports hero or icon, kids hold them in high esteme. he is suposed to set an example. this is an example the sport does not need. by welcoming him back as if he had done nothing wrong at all is simply giving the youth of today the message it's o.k. to cheat on your wife with not just one, but multiple partners!! He thought it was his right because of his status and "who he was"?????

I think a big letter "A" stiched to his chest over that over priced NIKE logo on his red shirt would be most appropriate.

I feel so sorry for his poor wife and kids for having to deal and endour through all of this.

The many in the golf world who are laying out the welcome mat for his return should feel the shame of thier misplaced greed. they want more people to watch and the purses to up thats all. golf will go on despite tigers return or not. baseball did just fine in spite of Pete Rose.
    Threapy can not change the man. his addiction is just that..an adiction. like an alcoholic will always be an alcoholic. Thearapy is a treatment ..not a cure.

golf would be better off in the long run if it just moved on. there are many other players out there that bring all the right ideals to the game.

March 16, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Reply
  78. ken

ask those women if they are kids they dont know tiger is married a man

March 16, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Reply
  79. ROSE MARIE

I AM SO GLAD HE IS FINALLY BACK – HE IS THE REASON I WATCHED THE GAME. HIS PERSONAL LIFE IS NOT MY BUSINESS – JUST LIKE MY PERSONAL LIFE IS NOT THE BUSINESS OF ANYONE ELSE. I THINK HE HAS "PAID" FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE – LOST ENDORSEMENTS – LOST SOME RESPECT – LOST HIS FAMILY (SO TO SPEAK) LOST A TON OF MONEY – OO THE MONEY- DID NOT PLAY GOLF WHICH IS BOTH HIS LOVE AND HIS WORK. HAD EVERYONE PICKING HIS LIFE APART WAITING WITH BAITED BREATH AS TO THE NEXT NEGATIVE STATEMENT LIKE VULTURES. THE ONLY PUNISHMENT LEFT IS WHAT? JAIL? – PROHIBIT HIM FROM GOLF? SOUNDS STUPID. YES HE WAS UNFAITHFUL WITH A BUNCH – HE'S A LOUSE – DID THE WOMAN WRONG AND PERHAPS SHOULD BE AN ACTOR IN HOLLYWOOD (SMILE). HOWEVER, I WONDER IF EVERYONE WHO IS THROWING THESE STONES HAD THE MEANS, METHOD AND OPPORTUNITY HE DID – WHAT WOULD THEY HAVE DONE IN THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES? HOW FAITHFUL WOULD THEY HAVE BEEN. THOSE WHO ARE SO CONCERNED WITH HIS WIFE – ARE THEY JUST AS CONCERNED ABOUT THEIR SPOUSES ?- I PERSONALLY HAVE ENOUGH TO DO TO TAKE CARE OF MY LIFE – I CAN'T REALLY WORRY ABOUT THE BEDROOM ISSUES OF OTHERS – HOW ABOUT YOU. IT'S THE GAME GUYS – HE'S AN ATHLETE – WOMEN FLOCK TO ALL THE ATHLETES AND FAMOUS PEOPLE – WHAT MAKES GOLF SO DIFFERENT. I REMEMBER WHEN HE WON ON A BROKEN LEG – WHERE DO YOU SEE THAT. ENJOY THE GAME – HAVEN'T YOU HEARD THAT WHEN YOU WISH PEOPLE TO FAIL, THAT NEGATIVE ENERGY COMES RIGHT BACK TO YOU. LET HIS FAMILY MAKE THE PERSONAL DECISIONS WHETHER TO TAKE HIM BACK, KICK HIM OUT, WHATEVER – BUT IT WOULD BE A SHAME IF PUBLIC OPINION WAS SUCH THAT BECAUSE HE CHEATED AT HOME, HE SHOULD BE PROHIBITED FROM EVER PLAYING GOLF – WE WOULD BE THE LOSERS THEN. SO HE IS NOT PERFECT – PLEASE SEND ME THE LIST OF THOSE PERFECT PERSONS OUT THERE WHO ARE THROWING STONES SO I CAN GET ON THE NET AND PICK THEIR LIFE APART (SMILE) YOU CAN FIND ANYTHING ON THE NET. OOPS I CAN'T, I DON'T HAVE TIME – I AM TOO BUSY TAKING CARE OF MY LIFE. PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL AND LOOK FORWARD TO THE GAME. HE REALLY IS A GIFTED GOLFER AND A GIFT TO THE GAME.

March 16, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Reply
  80. Ryan

To everyone who refers to Tiger as a disgrace to the game of golf, as a disgrace to Augusta, etc etc.. how much do you really think you know about the personal lives of all the other professionals?

Let say there are about 250 active players on the PGA tour. Statistics would tell us that:

125 of them are likely to get divorced
    62 of them have engaged in domestic violence against a partner
    20 of them are alcoholics

Tiger's personal life is his business, keep your judgments to yourself, worry about your own marriage and let him worry about his.

He has a gift for golf, a gift that brings joy to millions of fans around the globe. Trust me, for every one of you who won't watch golf because Tiger is playing, there are 100 people who WILL watch golf because he is playing.

March 16, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  81. Lorraine

WELCOME BACK TIGER......

March 16, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Reply
  82. Melanie

If Tiger Woods is truly concernced or serious about his relationship with his wife and children he would stay clear away from the competitve Golf world. It is sad to see how selfish people are by expressing their relief that he is going to be returning to the game again. It's comparable to watching an alcoholic return to the bar to pick up their pool game. "yeah he may be the best pool player we have ever seen and should be back playing even if he has to walk by the alcohol everytime to play. No one cares to understand addiction. Tiger's choice to return to play in the Masters' is a sign that he does not take his addiction seriously. He will be putting himself into an enviroment loaded with triggers to relapse into adulterous behavior. Sex addiction is the hardest addiction for the human brain to recover from. It requires the individual to completely remove themselves from the enviroment that triggers the addictive behavior. For Tiger to remain in recovery will initially require him to remove himself from the competing Golf world for at least one year at the minimum. He then needs to use this down time to recognize all the other triggers in his lifestyle that could put him at risk in falling into the adulterous behavior again. When Tiger walks on to the Green at the Master's his entire senses and brain will be on over load, his sex addiction will bombard him. I write this e-mail out of concern and sadness. Tiger Woods has no idea what he is up against in his addiction. He will not be able to suppress away the "urges" when he walks back into this enviroment. My only hope is that there is someone near his wife and family warning them of what can be expected when Tiger re-enter's the competitive Golf World. I honestly believe that Tiger is sorry and contrite over this entire thing but that won't be enough to fight off the "urges". He will be overcome and the sick thing is that everyone doesn't care, they just want to watch Tiger play. It is comparable to the gladiators of the arena. Back then people didn't care if these individuals got torn apart and died. It came with the sport. That's the same with Tiger. If we choose to support and watch him play, we are choosing to watch a person destroy himself and his family.

March 16, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Reply
  83. Leslie

My husband and I are thrilled that Tiger is returning to golf. I wish he would be playing this weekend.....can't wait for the Masters. We're pulling for you Tiger.

March 16, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Reply
  84. Rodney T

I am glad he is returning. He shouldn't have left in the first place. Sure what he did was messed up but hey, I can guarantee you he is not the only one.

March 16, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Reply
  85. pepper

I think it should be up to his wife and him if he returns, and when. My mom always loved to watch tiger play but under these circumstances I know she wouldnt feel the same anymore about him , or care to watch. And I also feel the same.

March 16, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Reply
  86. sanapier

I really don't care. I love golf and love attending and watching tournaments on TV. He set himself up (or should I say the media and his sponsors did) as someone you would want to emulate but I am not into infidelity and and really have no respect for the guy as a person. I respect his skills as a golfer and that is it. Otherwise he is a piece of sh–. Will I root for him as I did in the past....no.

March 16, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Reply
  87. greg

I'm glad to see him returning. I just wish he had selected a more low key tournament as his first, to test the fan acceptance, and to make it look less blatant that all that is on his mind is winning the Majors. Very mercenary, if you ask me.

March 16, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Reply
  88. Susan

I am so happy to see Tiger again..I have not watched much golf since he left. What went on in his private life is just that..private. It's time to be back where he belongs, on the golf course.
    I certainly will be tuning in for the masters in April.
    Good luck Tiger!!!!!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  89. Raymond

I hope he's being paid to come back.Jack's probably hurting inside.. Jim Nance seems as though only you think the game is bigger than Tiger.Johnny Miller how's your player of the year doing? Biggot

March 16, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Reply
  90. John

It's about time Tiger got back! I can't wait to see him play again, the only reason i'm going to watch golf again. For those who say you won't watch Tiger play in any tournaments, YOUR LOSS. Tiger is and will be the Greatest Golfer of All Time come the end of this year! GO TIGER!!!

March 16, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Reply
  91. Milly

The game of golf is nothing without Tiger and vice versa. His personal life is just that ("personal") and should remain between him and his wife. I think this will set him straight. I only watch the game because of him - good luck Tiger!

March 16, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Reply
  92. Lucy

Only Tiger knows if he is ready or not, it is not for us to speculate, I love Tiger and if he thinks he's ready good for if not at least he will try. You Go tiger I will be rooting for you .

March 16, 2010 at 6:42 pm | Reply
  93. Bruce Manery

I feel it is the right thing to do. We are talking Golf not his personal life.( which by the way is not any of our business) I will always stand up to his professional skills and his abitities as a golfer. GO TIGER GO!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Reply
  94. Larry

I might actually watch golf again...........everyone who thinks celebs aren't allowed to have personal issues needs to get a life. Tiger is not beyond human and has human desires. It doesn't make it right, but is he the only person in the world to make such a bad judgement? Before all you self-righteous people pass judgement, look in the mirror!!!

I believe that people should be allowed to slip or fall, get up, dust themselves off, and move on in their life without penalty.

Welcome back, Tiger!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  95. mterry

I will be very happy to see Tiger's return. He truly is a golf great! As for his personal life, I hope he is able to become the fine young man we all thought he was.

March 16, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Reply
  96. Lucy

The only people that dosen't have skeletons in the closets are the little children of the world. Have a great day and don't worry about Tiger he will prevail.

March 16, 2010 at 6:51 pm | Reply
  97. Mike Paller

I think he should at least stay away from the Masters this year. He is going to turn a well respected and classy golf / sporting weekend into a gong show circus. I can't see it being a positive, only a distration to the greatest golf tournament out there.

March 16, 2010 at 6:52 pm | Reply
  98. Tony

YES!! Happy as hell he's coming back!

March 16, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Reply
  99. wilgo

YES,yes,yes.
    Let the man go. Those without sin, throw the first stone....and
    stay home.
    BUT, go TIGER, TIGER GO...enough is ENOUGH!!!

March 16, 2010 at 7:02 pm | Reply
  100. bill

Good. What was the big deal anyway. He is no different than any young healthy ombre. If he had a problem it was between him and his wife. Every one else bat out. Lets play golf.

March 16, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Reply
  101. Frank the Tank

It is great that Tiger is coming back to the game of Golf, and that it is going to be at Augusta National. He is destined to be the greatest golfer ever to play the game and set the Major tournament record held by the great “Golden Bear” Jack Nicholas. It is going to be exciting to watch Tiger compete after all of his indiscretions and media overkill. A huge “GO TIGER”.

March 16, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Reply
  102. krk62

Welcome back Tiger. I am sure you know that public opinion will be your greatest challenge. You are arguable the greatest golfer of all times. Some people will love you for it some will hate you for it.

Clearly your extra marittal activity was not one of your better decisions,
    but in life like golf sometimes you just do something foolhearty and it comes and bites you in the butt. Lesson hopefully learned and consequences accepted life goes on and you are made better, not from your indescression, but for your realization that your fame is a blessing and a trap.

I pray that your wife remembers she married someone special and can forgive your method of stress relief. I believe your marriage can be made better for this revelation, if she can find it in her heart to weather this storm.

March 16, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Reply
  103. Robert

Did they throw Ted Kennedy out of office? Did he resign? Hell, he KILLED Mary Jo Kapecknee. Did Clinton? Hell, he lied under oath. The real world is replete with the tresspasses of silly sexual conduct restraints. Only if you tresspass into the criminal should the the public care or take note. If he and Elin are open or closed, or forgiving or not forgiving, or to remain married or to get divorced, is solely their personal issue. No one else's. I'm sorry he apologized, publicly, to anyone. I'm glad he's back. I'm sorry he ever left.

March 16, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Reply
  104. S.M. De Kuyper

I find the CNN immersion into Tiger Woods private life quite tawdry. It used to be that the rising of an individual's star in whatever field they excell in insured them a privacy that was sacrosanct. This obssesion by the presently largest U.S. media with the amazingly fine golfer who happens to be brown, shameful. It is his private life but now this media owns his private life! I assume there is something quite immoral in this ownership. After all CNN makes millions off the the suffering man's humiliation!.

March 16, 2010 at 9:36 pm | Reply
  105. Scott

Yes, I am delighted that he is returning to his passion. He obviously messed up terribly, and time–not you or me–will decide if he learned his lesson. Everyone deserves a second chance so let's give it to him. I hope he wins the Masters and quiets his self righteous critics!

March 16, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Reply
  106. S.M. De Kuyper

I would expect the wife of Tiger Woods would never consider staying with him after the total coverage you have given their private life over the whole world. She and their children and the two of them wil never be able escape the humiliating obssesion on what was their private life.

I am surprised he did not attempt to sue CNN to try and stop the privacy invasion so his children and wife would not be damaged by your relentless focus. Maybe he will do this later. He certainly has reason.

March 16, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Reply
  107. John

Let him that is without sin cast the first stone. Welcome back Tiger.

March 16, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Reply
  108. Jephat

Welcome back Tiger. I really was now finding golf boring!

March 16, 2010 at 10:21 pm | Reply
  109. AuntSQ

Tiger WHO?

March 16, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Reply
  110. JustAMan

You ppl are fools. You never cheated on someone before?? Let he who has never played a girl cast the first stone or else just shut up..
    Welcome back Tiger.

March 17, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Reply
  111. will

Tiger Woods is a professional golfer, his professional focus is to play to win major golf tournaments and break the major tournament records of Jack Nicklaus and others.

March 18, 2010 at 6:02 am | Reply
  112. BARBARA SCHLOSSER

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN;

MANY GENTLEMEN(?) HAVE BEEN REELECTED TO OUR CONGRESS.
    THAT HAVE BEEN INVOLVED IN SEX SCANDALS.

IF WE CAN ALLOW THESE MEN IN POSITIONS WHERE THEY AFFECT OUR VERY LIVES, WE CERTAINLY SHOULD ALLOW THE BEST GOLFER IN THE WORLD TO PLAY GOLF,

I MISS WATCHING HIM PLAY AND HAVE NOT WATCHED VERY MUCH OF THE GAME SINCE HE IS NOT PLAYING. CANNOT WAIT UNTIL HE RETURNS.

November 26, 2010 at 12:14 am | Reply