Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Friday's Connector: Pete Wentz

March 19th, 2010

He's currently one of the hottest celebrities in the United States, but musician and social activist Pete Wentz doesn't let that get to his head.

What would you ask Pete Wentz?

What would you ask Pete Wentz?

He plays bass and provides vocals for the popular band "Fall Out Boy," not to mention being married to one of the most closely watched celebs on the paparazzi circuit - Ashlee Simpson.

Born in 1979, the American showed his rebellious attitude from an early age. He was regularly getting himself into trouble at school and even had to be sent to boot camp by his parents in an effort to straighten him out.

As an outlet to his frustration, Wentz began writing songs and playing the bass guitar.

Before his part in "Fall Out Boy", Wentz was a member of several bands including First Born, Extinction and Arma Angelus - all punk rock bands.

While Wentz is an integral part of his current band, the singer has also branched out into other areas of business.

Wentz is currently involved in a number of bars and nightclubs in the U.S. and has even had his foot in the fashion industry.

More notably, Wentz is currently a campaigner with the United Nations and is helping to raise awareness about the importance of providing safe drinking water to young children.

The UNICEF Tap Project encourages people to donate just $1 for tap water at U.S. restaurants during World Water Water Week.

Here's your chance to leave a comment on Pete Wentz - be sure to include where you're writing from.

1. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz to the following questions:
    – How are you Uniting People to Provide More Safe Drinking Water for Our Children?
    – What can we expect from you in 2010?
    – When are you and Ashlee Simpson-Wentz going to create an album?
    – How are you inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Peter Lewis Kingston Wentz’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

March 19, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Reply
  2. michael devera

newark ca,
    i would like to know if he ever thought about making jeans for his brand

March 19, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Reply
  3. Laura

Pete,
    I know Ashlee is your dream girl 🙂
    That's soooo sweet!! You're great together, NEVER EVER break up.
    My question is, do you ever get nervous or shy around her??
    Since you looked at her in "Blender" and always looked at her as "a girl I will never be with" but now you are!! is that weird?

March 20, 2010 at 12:42 am | Reply
  4. Anna

HI Pete..How has becoming a father changed you?what are fun things that you and Bronx do together?He is a beautiful little boy and he has two loving parents.I wish you,Ashlee and Bronx all the best

from anna

March 20, 2010 at 3:08 am | Reply
  5. Karol Parra

Man
    I wanna know if the fob's break up was you figth or somebody figth wit someone else ?
    Are you ok with that desicion?
    Love you man!!!!!
    I would like you come to colombiaaaaaaaaaaaa 😀

March 20, 2010 at 3:37 am | Reply
  6. kara langenberg

How did pete and ashlee meet?

March 20, 2010 at 5:15 am | Reply
  7. Anna Carlos

Hi Pete

My name is Anna Carlos and we've met before but I was too nervous to ask you anything. My question is: "What got you interested in political science?" I know that you were at the Obama inauguration last year, and that Fall Out Boy is also interested in social issues through your trip to Uganda. I also attended the Belivers Never Die Tour Part Deux where you and the rest of the band dressed up as corporate members. Because you do things like that I've grown an interest in political science and am thinking of majoring in it during college.

March 20, 2010 at 7:04 am | Reply
  8. fob lover <3 ^^

Hey Pete I was wondering how did you meet Ashlee and did you know from the start that she is the one?And please come to Croatia 🙂

March 20, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Reply
  9. Sarah

hey Pete,
    my Question is
    are u going to make a reality show with ur lovely wife ashlee simpson in the future ? =]
    that will be amazing
    thnaks

March 20, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Reply
  10. Lexie

Hey Pete,
    What advice do you have for aspiring artists; not JUST music, but all art?

Fob's music has been such an inspiration to me. I'm having difficulty expressing how much... but ok.

Many, many thanks.

March 20, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  11. Carol

Hey Pete,

This is Carol from Hong Kong. I have some questions for you.

1) Why did you and your band like to have the song titles really long?
    2) What do you mean by "Alpha Dog"?
    3) What did you feel when you heard about the broke up of Panic! At The Disco?
    4) Will Fall Out Boy reunite?
    5) Anymore collaboration after working with Mark Hoppus?
    6) Is there any new band that you would recommend viewers to look out for?

March 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Reply
  12. Emma

Hey Pete,
    This isn't so much a question as it is a statement. I just wanted to tell you that your lyrics are awesome and you inspire me. I've always had a passion and talent for writing but after getting into F.O.B 5 years ago and reading your lyrics, well,it just sparked something in me. You probably get this nearly every day,but...you're lyrics have helped me out a lot in dark times and I want to thank you. For being you basically. lol. Hope everything goes well for you and Ashlee and Baby Bronx. Btw if you ever come to N. Ireland (which you really should xP) Please come to Belfast! It would be so incredibly amazing for all the kids(and mums alike) that idolise you. And it's always been a dream for me to meet my hero in flesh. From Emma xD

March 20, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Reply
  13. rene

Dear Pete,
    Dont you think that going in the same direction as all other dime a dozen celebs makes you look a bit like a fake?
    By choosing some charity to front that was probably chosen for you by your image consultant but then making sure that this article writes about your rebellious attitude makes you look a bit like a person that wants to be all types of cool but in reality it makes you look like a wet sandwich.

March 20, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Reply
  14. Cecy

Hey 🙂
    My question can seem strange but ...
    How are you doing for have the world at your Feet?

You have a wonderful family, you're famous bassist, you have a label that has only good bands, you have a clothing line that is just sublime, you have the charisma & personality extravagant that more than a billion people loves .
    you are talented, generous and beautiful.
    You're a protector dad ,a devoted husband & a wonderful friend .

What's you Secret ? 😀

Xoxoo ♥

Cecy' =)

March 20, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Reply
  15. Nichole

Pete.

How do you not let what people say/ thing get into your head?

Why do you think you were such a rebel in high school?
    Do you still think that you have some of that rebelious attitude in you?

Will you draw BELIEVE on my wrist so i can get it tattooed when im 18?

Since having Bronx, what have you realized about life?

Why do you think you are such a huge inspiration to kids?

PS: I ask the last question because you are my idol... for many reasons. i want to see if you think the same reasons as i do.
    Thank you! 🙂

March 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Reply
  16. Nichole

What is the best book you ever read? Im looking to read a new good book.

March 20, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Reply
  17. Dalia

When will you tell us what w.a.m.s means off of foile a deux? We'll just keep assuming that it's we ate metro station for now.

March 20, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Reply
  18. joey

i would also like to know what w.a.m.s. means

March 20, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Reply
  19. Naotalba

I'd like to know more about what you think about the connection between art and marketing. Art is becoming so commercial, while commercials are becoming so artistic, how do you as an artist deal with the intersection?

March 20, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Reply
  20. Chelsea

From: California

In the thank you section of your "greatest hits" album, you mentioned the website "keepsmewarmatnight.com". Will this shenanigans ever see the light of day?

March 20, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Reply
  21. Rowan

people often say that fall out boy saved their life or influenced them etc.

So which band, besides fall out boy, has had the greatest influence on you?

March 21, 2010 at 11:04 am | Reply
  22. Rowan

what six impossible things do you believe before breakfast?

March 21, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Reply
  23. Nabi

1. How did you get into the music “scene” when you were a teenager in suburban Chicago? How did you start playing in bands?

March 22, 2010 at 1:53 am | Reply
  24. Kelly

Pete, would you ever consider finishing your degree? What about (eventually) a career in polictics?

Musically speaking – what can the world expect from you in the future, whether that includes FOB or not (although I would love it to include FOB).

Where did you see yourself when you were 30 (while you were growing up) and how is your life different from how you imagined it?

How to you deal with the "Hollywood scene" and remain grounded? I always enjoy your honestly but also note that you have been slammed by critics when you have been up front and honest, how do you deal with the haters and the critics?

I hope you will continue to be the person you are – I love reading your stories, your thoughts and what you support.

Kelly
    Brisbane, Australia

March 22, 2010 at 3:17 am | Reply
  25. femi jubal

Pete,I am inspired by your story and humanitarian service.Keep up the good work.Femi Jubal(musician/activist) Lagos Nigeria.

March 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Reply
  26. James ogoegbulem

James from nigeria. The first i had of band was in a seasonal move'one tree hill' and u were in it.What v do have to about d move and especially payton sawyer?

March 26, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Reply
  27. Sidney Chike

You are a wonderful man, loving husband and a caring father 4rm all that I have seen, heard & read about you. Keep fighting the good which you have started already. I just want to remind you of the fact that after here,there is a hereafter (eternity). I wish you the best of luck in all your endeavours. 4rm Nigeria, this is Sidney Chike

March 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Reply
  28. Megan

What song are you most proud of lyrically? Are you writing currently?

March 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Reply
  29. Megan

What song are you most proud of lyrically? Are you currently writing lyrics?

From Orange County, California

March 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Reply
  30. Oliver Seyi

Hello pete, You're so amazing and l appreciate u guys.YOUR lyrics inspired me a lot.What kind of music do you listen and who is ur favorite artist in Pop,Rock,Rap.You guys chud kip the shine on.A lot of people are Crazy about you in NIGERIA and l'm ur number one FAN.PLS come to Nigeria..l'm Oliver

March 26, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Reply
  31. Victoria Wilfred

Pete, i wish you God's love and his strength in your works. Keep your good work up coz it will speak for you whether here or there. Victoria!

March 26, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Reply
  32. Shittu

I wil like to be in your band, i want to be star like you.

March 26, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Reply
  33. IMarne

Hey pete
    Just incase u ever read this..u and your band should tour Kenya..give us a show u know..and by the way i loooooooove your make up and hair its so awesome that was the point of postin this comment. Hair n make up..

March 26, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Reply
  34. coopert

Is this guy drunk or high??? Are you kidding me CNN you cant tell he is loaded?????????? What a interview!!!!

March 26, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Reply
  35. Oyebanji Tosin

Pete. You are a bomb, am one of your numerous fans here in Nigeria, i must tell you, you guys rocks. Is any possibility of you coming down to Nigeria, and concerning the ensuring the availability of safe drinking water, i must say it is a great initiative, and we need projects like that in Nigeria. Keep on the good work. Incase you read this comment send your reply to this email address (T4banj@yahoo.com).

March 27, 2010 at 2:44 am | Reply
  36. Chidinma Igbokwe from Nigeria.

How do u cope being a father,husband,musician and actor?Doesn't it ever get you bothered that concentration is needed for at least one of these?

March 27, 2010 at 10:26 pm | Reply
  37. Ogundele oluwadamilola gabriel

Mhen....... I must congratulate u pete wentz 4 been engaged 2 a pretty girl like ashlee.. So pete i like 2 know hw u felt or wat waz ur feelings wen u first made or earn ur first $1,000,000.. It will be so kind of u email me ur reply.. Nd i am posting u al d way 4rm Nigeria.

March 27, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Reply
  38. Massari

Hw can i become a star cus skool dnt really work 4me.

March 28, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Reply
  39. Njeri

Glad to know that you had a troubled childhood...sort of...and turned it into something great. And I'm only now learning that you're married to a Simpson. Congrats man! Keep doing what you're doing, Kenya loves Fall Out Boy and your very unique singing style. Brava

Njeri Muchai,