Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Monday's Connector: Ringo Starr

April 7th, 2010

He's the English singer-songwriter that was part of one of the most famous music groups of all time and Ringo Starr is still knocking out the hits.

[cnn-photo-caption image= http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/04/12/becky.ringo.art.jpg
caption="What would you ask Ringo Starr?"]

Starr was also a driving force behind many of the group's most well known hits - singing the lead in songs such as "Yellow Submarine" and "With a Little Help from my Friends".

While known for his musical ability, Starr also made a name for himself in the acting world. He's the most acclaimed actor from the group - appearing in a number of Beatles films as well as other television programs.

After the Beatles broke up in 1970, Starr continued his involvement in the music industry by releasing a number of solo albums.

In January 2010, Starr released his fifth album called "Y Not".

1. Nonn

in Johannesburg South Africa.

Any AfRICAN ARTIST THAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO WORK WITH
    Youssou Ndour or Hugh Masekela or Vusi Mahalsela

April 7, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
  2. Nya

What films of late do you like?

April 7, 2010 at 3:59 pm |
  3. Alley

Have you ever considered publishing some of your fondest memories of George?

April 7, 2010 at 4:55 pm |
  4. Don

Ringo,

Please write an autobiography or at the very least have an authorized biography written. We know there is more to your life than those eight years. We want to know your story.

All the best on your concert tour, and Y Not was a great CD. Thanks

April 7, 2010 at 5:02 pm |
  5. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Richard Starkey and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Richard Starkey to the following questions:
    – When will there be a musical and or movie about The Beatles?
    – What can we expect from you in 2010?
    – How are you inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Richard Starkey’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

April 7, 2010 at 5:27 pm |
  6. Scott Relf

Ringo, I've been a fan of your music since a small child. In fact one of the first records I bought involved my Mom holding me up to the record store counter to tell the clerk I wanted the 45 of "No No Song" at age 4!
    My question to you is what is your absolute favorite Beatles album, as well as your favorite solo albums by John, Paul, George and yourself?

Thanks for everything and please keep making music!!

Scott Relf
    Winnipeg, Canada

April 7, 2010 at 5:48 pm |
  7. John

How often do you play your drums at home, just for fun?

April 7, 2010 at 6:45 pm |
  8. Sophie

Hiii Ringo!

I'd love to know...... is it true that you are you planning on publishing a book of photographs you took of the Beatles through the years?

Peace and love! <3

April 7, 2010 at 6:57 pm |
  9. ringodreammer

Mr. Starkey, did you like in Russia?

April 7, 2010 at 7:58 pm |
  10. Lucy

Hello Ringo,

I'd just like to know some of your fondest memories from the behind-the-scenes of Beatle world?

And are you planning on coming on tour in ENGLAND soon?? We all SO want to see you!!!

April 7, 2010 at 10:24 pm |
  11. Elise

Would you consider coming to Arizona for one of your tours?

Peace and love!

April 8, 2010 at 12:14 am |
  12. Susan

Ringo,
    What has been your most satisfying recording experience as a Beatle and as a solo artist?

I'm looking forward to seeing you in June at the Mohegan Sun Casino.

April 8, 2010 at 12:31 am |
  13. Erika

Hello Ringo :). I have been a fan of you and your music, in and outside the Beatles, for many many years. I was wondering, do you think you'll ever have another concert with Paul, like you did recently in New York? Also, we can see that you had a lot of great memories from your childhood in the album Liverpool 8. What was one of your favorites?

Keep making beautiful music, we all love you <3

Erika J,
    Pennsylvania, USA

April 8, 2010 at 1:00 am |
  14. Giri

What is your favorite song you've ever done?

April 8, 2010 at 1:29 am |
  15. Starkey

Will you please play a concert in the UK so that all your fans here get to see you play live? We really want to rock out to a Ringo gig 🙂
    Please Ringo! You rock man!

April 8, 2010 at 11:12 am |
  16. James

..Wow, so are you going to be touring in the UK because I'm feeling a bit left out with you just touring in the US?
    But you're a great musician Ringo well done. One of my favourite artists!

And what other instruments do you play, other than drums?

April 8, 2010 at 12:23 pm |
  17. Lilly McKenna

Oooh! I have questions!

– What is one of your fondest memories of John, Paul or George?

– I LOVED your story in the Anthology about Paul and George's hilarious bickering over who got to drive the van. Do you have any more stories like that?

– Who was your best man when you married Barbara?

And please tour in England soon!! We'd all so love to see you!
    Peace <3

April 8, 2010 at 1:58 pm |
  18. Tom

Hey Ringo,

The Greatest Rock and Roll drummer of the world is Ringo. Saw you in concert 5 times and love every minute of it.
    My question is: If you were not a drummer, what was your second
    choice of what you would have done with your life.

Have a great day,
    Tom

April 8, 2010 at 2:00 pm |
  19. Adam

Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Hi Ringo.

Where did you get the material for Y Not? And what inspired it mainly.

It is by far the best work you have yet to do (my opinion...and my 3 kids) has producing it yourself got anything to do with it being a creative genius?

Regards from Old Siam, Sir.
    Adam.

April 8, 2010 at 2:43 pm |
  20. Mark

I'm curious, when was the last time the four Beatles were together in the same room. Was it the meeting at the Apple headquarters when John announced he wanted a "divorce" in September of 1969, or were you all together after that?

April 8, 2010 at 2:50 pm |
  21. Keira

Hello all,

I'd like to know to what do you attribute the longevity of your music and your multi-generational appeal? What is it like to be a multi-generational icon?

Thanks guys!!!

Keira
    NY

April 8, 2010 at 4:34 pm |
  22. Ken

Hi Ringo – Great job on the new album. I've heard stories that Paul McCartney wants to release the Beatles' "Carnival of Light," and perhaps finish the third unfinished Anthology track, "Now and Then." Are those plans at all going forward?

Best,

Ken

April 8, 2010 at 8:16 pm |
  23. gary

Ringo: what was Brian Epstein really like?

April 8, 2010 at 8:24 pm |
  24. Lee New

Richie, what's the very first thing you drink in the morning and please be specific?

April 8, 2010 at 8:25 pm |
  25. James McDonald

You and the Beatles have been feeding nostalgia for a lot of people on this planet. We thank you for that. By the way you look quite healthy for a 69 year old guy. I wish you live until your nineties...Maybe drumming is good to keep your body in shape...

Bye
    James from Canada

April 8, 2010 at 8:54 pm |
  26. eduardo

Hi Ringo, After the Beatles and the whole revolution of youth in the 60's how do you examine the songs, the New musicians ? Do you listen any new artist,band? what band would you like to hear nowadays ?

April 8, 2010 at 9:01 pm |
  27. Fernan

Do you remeber the set list of your first performance with the Beatles in Hamburg? How good was that gig?

Fernan
    Santiago, Chile

April 8, 2010 at 9:36 pm |
  28. hop

hey ringo,

what have you NOT been asked that you just want to say something about but never get a chance?

p.s. for your info: you have been a part of my heart for 47 years. thanks for the specialness you are in the world.

April 8, 2010 at 11:46 pm |
  29. Laura Dever

Ringo,

Can you describle some details of your first meeting with the other Beatles? Do you still have the "Oscar" I gave you at your Dallas show years ago? 🙂

Laura Dever
    Dallas, Texas

April 9, 2010 at 12:40 am |
  30. eduardo maciel

When will you ever play in Mexico ?, Paul has been here twice and coming back in May

April 9, 2010 at 12:46 am |
  31. michelle

ringo, what is your good advice to all the people who wants to be like you? and like paul

April 9, 2010 at 1:03 am |
  32. Woody Brown

Ringo...

Are you a Mod? or are you a Rocker?

April 9, 2010 at 1:43 am |
  33. Emmanuel

Hi Ringo
    "Photograph", which you sang with the late George Harrison, is still on my list of best songs ever. I've got it on my iShuffle and still listen to it to this day while I commute.
    Cheers,
    Emmanuel (in Tokyo, Japan)

April 9, 2010 at 2:00 am |
  34. Erich

Hi RIngo – what do you think is the biggest difference between the world of the 1960's and the world today ? Is the world overall better now than then ? Are we more cynical now or more realistic ? Since you were a part of the largest creative explosion in music the West has seen in the '60's, what do you think of music and entertainment today ?
    It's great to see you looking and working so well, and clearly on top of your game in life and music. Rock on forever and 'thanks for the memories' and joy in the past. Cheers – Erich

April 9, 2010 at 6:12 am |
  35. David Harrod

Hey Ringo ... When are you coming to Australia?

April 9, 2010 at 6:45 am |
  36. Kevin H.

Hi Ringo,

What is the name on your passport ? Ringo Starr or Richard Starkey ?

Kevin H.,
    Perth, Australia

April 9, 2010 at 7:33 am |
  37. Jon Acord

Have you ever considered shaving your beard off?

April 9, 2010 at 8:03 am |
  38. Marc

Hi Ringo, I always liked hearing Beatles songs on the radio as a kid. Now that I'm a big kid, I enjoy playing your songs on the video game Rockstar. They've done a smashing job and its a kick playing the drums and pretending to be a Beatle all jazzed up in those zany outfits!

I was wondering if you ever saw the game and whether it brings it all back and what you think about it now. Ya know the whole Sergeant Peppers outfits and colors. I think its marvelous.

Best regards,

April 9, 2010 at 8:35 am |
  39. James

If you could spend one more day with John or George, how would you spend it?

April 9, 2010 at 9:12 am |
  40. Rob from the Philippines

Hello Ringo –

Why don't you and Paul McCartney go on Tour.... add in Julian Lennon....It would be TOO Popular. a HIT !! no doubt...

What is your favorite Beatles song & why? – Thanks

April 9, 2010 at 9:35 am |
  41. greg james

What an oddly written story.

" The 69-year-old gained worldwide stardom for his role as the drummer of the Beatles after replacing Pete Best in 1962."??

"While known for his musical ability, Starr also made a name for himself in the acting world."??

I suppose if I was, say, 12 years old and had never heard of you, then an introduction would be in order...but it just felt odd...

Which kind of leads to my question: How do YOU see yourself Ringo? Is it difficult maintaining an individual identity in the face of such profound fame that has accompanied "part of one of the most famous music groups of all time."

April 9, 2010 at 9:44 am |
  42. Sandra

Hi Ringo,

I'm a Hungarian university student majoring in English and American studies and guess what... I'm writing my BA thesis on 'The Beatles as a Social and Cultural Phenomenon in the Sixties' 😀 so I would be delighted to ask you thousands of questions, but now I'll content myself with these three:)

How do you think the Beatles changed general ideas and prejudices about the North and the working class in Britain?

How did you manage to survive Beatlemania? 🙂 The whole phenomenon is often explained as a kind of manifestation of women's sexual revolution. Can you see the point of this parallel?

What do you think of commentaries and books on the Beatles? Have you ever felt that these are exaggerating and over-mythologizing the group?

Hugs and peace

Sandra from Hungary (come here pls :))

April 9, 2010 at 9:59 am |
  43. Alan Severa

Hi Ringo!
    Could you please,please,please do another European tour soon? It's been quite some time since the last one, and please do feature a bunch of the many, many songs from your own albums that you can justifiably be very proud of, not just the "well worn" ones, your repertoire is strong enough to clearly go beyond an "antiques roadshow"!
    Best regards,
    Alan Severa
    Vienna, Austria

April 9, 2010 at 12:26 pm |
  44. Exodus

Ringo i luv style on the pic but try to improve it i a fan i luv u

April 9, 2010 at 12:58 pm |
  45. Exodus

Create more life history

April 9, 2010 at 1:00 pm |
  46. Exodus

Ringo all about life is just that life is a teacher it test good when is fresh but beta when it get spolied

April 9, 2010 at 1:07 pm |
  47. www.youtube.com/robmusicproduction

Ringo,

"Walk with you" is a great song! Very moving!

Speaking about moving songs... Is there any chance we will ever get to hear "Now and then" – the 3rd (unfinished) song from the Anthology-years? (the finished ones, based on Lennon's demos, being "Free as a bird" and "Real love", for those who may not now).

Peace & Love,
    Rob.

April 9, 2010 at 2:01 pm |
  48. scouse

what year did you release "never going back home again?"

April 9, 2010 at 2:12 pm |
  49. Steve Turner

YOu were recently quoted as saying that you'd wandered off the right path, found your way back and that now "God is in my life." Could you expand on this?

April 9, 2010 at 2:36 pm |
  50. Steve Turner

You were quoted recently as saying that you had wandered off the right path, were now back on track and that "God is in my life." Could you exoand on this.

Steve Turner – London, England

April 9, 2010 at 2:39 pm |
  51. Bill Farrar

Mr. Starkey

Our band here in Germany is called "Hardride" (www.hardride.net)

We are comprised of three Germans and two Americans.

We would be honored if you were to take the time later to watch us on YouTube performing "Come Together".

You can find us there by entering the following as one word:

hardridecovers

Obviously we are some hardcore Beatles fans. Perhaps there's a club in Liverpool that might be interested in our coming over there to perform?

Wishing you continued good health and happiness.

Bill Farrar
    Ramstein Air Base
    Germany

April 9, 2010 at 3:03 pm |
  52. Nick

My kids like you best for "Thomas and the Tank Engine" and I do for your music.

Do you have any more plans for kids music or programs?

Keep it up.

April 9, 2010 at 3:10 pm |
  53. www.myspace.com/jaykilledmrhyde

hi ringo, i,m an ex squaddie turned singer songwriter with my german buddy in lippstadt , apart from( will you listen to our stuff its good)can you give me some contact details so that i can try and push our music a bit . thanks dude

April 9, 2010 at 4:04 pm |
  54. Mark Meakings

You started me drumming in the 60's Ringo and I love the rhythms you put to all the Beatles songs. I played just 2 years as a kid, now age 60 I've started again (www.noexitliveband.com).

Guess what? We are playing for charity in Hastings Sussex on the famous local 'Beatles Day". 30 bands knocking out Beatles numbers on 2 stages all day on April 5th at White Rock theatre. Can't wait! Not far from Paul's Sussex home, if you or he are around, the local hospice and all of us would love to see you. Mark Meakings

April 9, 2010 at 4:10 pm |
  55. Mike

Hello Ringo,
    I would like to thank you for your music with the Beatles and as a solo artist. Your fantastic career changed the world in a positive way with your music and ideas.
    My question: have you ever considered having a concert/album with Paul and the offspring of the Beatles like Julian Lennon, Dhani Harrison and your son Zak? They are excellent musicians and onstage with you and Paul, would make a memorable event for yourselves and all your fans.
    Thank you for changing the world!
    Mike

April 9, 2010 at 4:13 pm |
  56. Luis Enrique

Dear Ringo:
    Your real name is Richard Starkey. How and when did you come up with your stage name? Also, did John and Paul write the notes for your drum playing in every song? Or did you feel free to play the drums the way you wanted in every song? Thank you!

April 9, 2010 at 4:25 pm |
  57. Tom

From sunny Southern California

Hi Ringo...I have to ask...many fans are waiting patiently for the movie "Let It Be" to finally appear on DVD. Do you have any idea why this fantastic film has yet to see the light of day?

April 9, 2010 at 4:55 pm |
  58. Lars

Hey Ringo.
    As an old fan and having been so thrue the whole journey, I´ve just watched a documentary on TV from your touring days with the Beatles back in the sixtys, ending at Candlestick park. What is your best and worst memorys from those days?
    Tnx for the good music.
    Lars Dahlin, Sweden

April 9, 2010 at 5:09 pm |
  59. Denis

Hello Ringo!

It's the first time in my life I write to a rock star. I just wan't to tell you how much I admire you as a musician ans as a singer, and so do my kids. "It Don't Come Easy" was a very important song for me when I was 14 and dreaming of becoming a rock songwriter and I stil listen to it very often! Hope you come to Montréal some time soon!

Denis

April 9, 2010 at 5:21 pm |
  60. Free

What's onyour ipod?

April 9, 2010 at 7:03 pm |
  61. Mohammad

I always loved the Beatles and I hope I could see you in person...

April 9, 2010 at 7:22 pm |
  62. Jon

Greetings Ringo, What do you think is the best rock band to have ever come out of the U.S.?

April 9, 2010 at 7:56 pm |
  63. Rhiannon

Having been a part of the best music ever written, do you still have a lot to say – musically, and what do you think of the music industry today?

April 9, 2010 at 8:03 pm |
  64. Paul

Ringo,
    Have you started signing autographs again yet? Or are you still too busy?

Macca

April 9, 2010 at 8:16 pm |
  65. Somaya Ghanem

I have been a fan of the Beatles since my teens, now I am 40ish, my question for you is:

Why don't you team up with Sir Paul McCartney, and revive the Beatles songs once again?

Please tour Egypt, I would like to see you both live.

If you write a book when can your fans expect this to be published?

Thanks for creating a whole generation of Beatles fans who still remember all your songs and ballads, totally unforgettable.

Somaya
    Cairo, Egypt.

April 9, 2010 at 9:17 pm |
  66. Charlotte Follenus age 4, in Budapest

Dear Mr Starr,
    I want to play the drums but my Mammy and Daddy want me to play the piano because they say the drums are too loud. What can I do?
    Charlotte.

April 9, 2010 at 9:58 pm |
  67. Thor

Hi Ringo,

Thanks for continuing with the spirit and message of the Beatles, the truly greatest band of all time. You are the greatest!

Some questions:

Can you put into words what you like most about the muscianship and compositions of the other three band members?

Is it possible for you to pinpoint how the collaborative process and compositions of the Beatles influenced your later solo work? In what way did the other Beatles influence your own work?

In addition to your excellent drumming and enjoyable singing, you are well known for your affable nature, easy charm, quick wit and generally for being a funnybone. Do you think those qualities contributed to keep the creative juices of the band flowing as long as they did?

April 9, 2010 at 10:09 pm |
  68. Jim Gosse

Ringo you are the greatest.loved your music for decades.thank you for all the great music.jim always a fan.jim

April 9, 2010 at 11:02 pm |
  69. joanie

Hi,

I was a bit shocked with the tone & attitude when you told your fans to stop writing to you a while back. I appreciate that having been a Beatle, you have had an extraordinary amount of attention from fans.

I am wondering if you feel that you no longer "owe" your fans? That they've taken too much from you?

I must say, i was certainly turned off by your video, but I am trying to give you the benefit of the doubt.

What are your feelings towards us all?

Thanks.

Joanie

April 9, 2010 at 11:11 pm |
  70. Tom

Do you think our generation (I'm an older bloke too) fulfilled it's potental in making the world a better place for the many or for the lucky few whose talent and timing allowed them opulent lifestyles?

April 10, 2010 at 12:43 am |
  71. Lenita

Hi Ringo,

Please come to Norway and play for us!!! We all love you! Are there any chance you'll play concerts in Norway?

ps Thank you for years of good music!

April 10, 2010 at 2:34 am |
  72. Ansulie Cooper

Hello Ringo,

Both as a Beatle and beyond that, you stand for love and peace – do you ever get discouraged when thinking about all the things that happen in the world that are so removed from love and peace? If so, how do restore your faith?

And I know you have now already been asked to go the UK, Mexico, Australia, Austria...but what about South Africa? It's very sunny...

Ansulie

April 10, 2010 at 8:38 am |
  73. Tony Dankowski

First let me say its an honor...do you have any regrets in life and what would they be?

April 10, 2010 at 9:29 am |
  74. WyldKat...Perth West Aust

Hi Ringo, You hace and are still producing fantastic music and are an inspiration to us all. Do you think that the music stars of today's era will still be going in another 40years time, or are we being swamped with pseudo-artists just riding the crest of the waves?

April 10, 2010 at 10:10 am |
  75. funkac

Hi Ringo !
    I´m big fan The Beatles, and your personal specific. I want to ask you. Are you going on European tour ? Specifficaly Czech republic or Slovakia ? You never have been in this areas.
    The Beatles is best group on the world. 🙂

Good luck mocker! 😉
    Martin, from Slovakia (before Czechoslovakia)

April 10, 2010 at 10:14 am |
  76. macho & matik

Hello, Ringo 🙂
    We write from Poland, country waiting for your gig! Here are so many Beatle fans, also addicted to your after-Beatles music.
    Please, give us a chance to see you live!

macho, matik
    Wroclaw, Poland

April 10, 2010 at 11:23 am |
  77. PfunnPflugerville

Hi Ringo!
    Wow! You still rock! Any chance you and Paul would come to
    Austin,Tx? We are the Music Capitol of Texas! Still a big a fan
    you the The Beatles and your solo music.

Who is your favorite musical artist today?
    Thanks!

April 10, 2010 at 12:52 pm |
  78. David

Hi Ringo,

You supported the David Lynch Foundation with that great concert in NY last April, where you joined up with Paul. Do you have any more concerts planned with David Lynch?

From sunny England

April 10, 2010 at 1:09 pm |
  79. Asbed Topdjian

Ringo is Awesome...He represents our generation...and success...very inteligent man...

April 10, 2010 at 1:42 pm |
  80. Lun

THE BEATLES IS THE BEST BAND IN THE WORLD.

April 10, 2010 at 2:28 pm |
  81. banffboy14

Do you think at this point your music is still relevant? No offense intended.
    John,
    Banff, Alberta, Canada

April 10, 2010 at 2:38 pm |
  82. Patti

Hi Ringo..

I wonder what prompted you last year to ask your fans to back off ? Did you feel overwhelmed? If so..why are still seeking public exposure?

I really want to understand..thank you..

April 10, 2010 at 3:09 pm |
  83. Oneal

Do you have any plan in Asia?

The Beatles always the greatest band for me.

An asian Fan..

April 10, 2010 at 3:52 pm |
  84. Ludvig Modin (biggest ringo fan ever!)

Hi ringo!
    I would like to know if you were the one that wrote octupus garden and a little help from my friends?
    I would also like to know how many LSD trips you had trough your time in the beatles 🙂

Best regards
    Ludvig

April 10, 2010 at 4:46 pm |
  85. Chantelle

Who said a 12-year-old might not know you??? COME ON! I'm thirteen and of course 12/13 year olds know you!! Everybody knows Ringo Starr of the Beatles.

Anyway,
    I'd like to ask – Could you give us some insight to the Lennon/McCartney relationship? I know it might have been something very special, as all the relationships within the group seemed to be.

And also the McCartney/Harrison one if you've got time?

April 10, 2010 at 7:38 pm |
  86. robin

do you think that the beatles or other artist from that era would be big today ?as the music world has changed so much . and how do you think the beatles or john and paul would have done on the american pop idol with someone like simon ? 2. why do you think that there are not so many new artist out today jJust alot of signing of older artists ? is it because they still have fan base that when they reissuse old songs they can still sell..

April 10, 2010 at 8:00 pm |
  87. Ibrahim b

Hi,
    how much control does a record label have on an artist. Does this authority fade away as an entertainer grows in success?
    Ibrahim
    Abu Dhabi

April 10, 2010 at 8:58 pm |
  88. JJ

When are all Beatle albums going to be re-mixed, and not just remastered?

April 10, 2010 at 11:58 pm |
  89. Marc

From Hong Kong- What was your relationship like with drummer Pete Best before you joined the Beatles? Did you ever talk to him after you joined the Beatles?

April 11, 2010 at 1:40 am |
  90. Dan Meador

Ringo,

It's all been said before. Just knowing you are still with us is good enough for me. Greatest achievement? For me it's a toss up between Beatles and Thomas the Tank Engine. Both had the same message, didn't they?

God Bless, Dan

April 11, 2010 at 5:51 am |
  91. Varun Srinivasan

Hey Ringo!

How do you feel about the public perception of you as a rockstar who only managed to play second fiddle to Lennon and McCartney?? Is there a reason for you not to go solo in a big way?

Cheers,
    Varun, Sydney

April 11, 2010 at 6:43 am |
  92. partico

Hi Ringo!

I like your voice and drum sounds.
    Thank you!

April 11, 2010 at 7:40 am |
  93. Josh

Ringo,

If you could do it all over again, can you think of one moment where you would've done something differently?

Josh from Detroit

April 11, 2010 at 7:51 am |
  94. Mark Zerafa - Malta

Dear Ringo,

We LOVE You!! I've been a life long Beatles enthusiast. It would be great if one day, you would perform in Malta...

Thank you for making the world a better place, with your music.

Peace and love, Ringo... peace and love!

BEATLES FOREVER!!

Mark

April 11, 2010 at 9:17 am |
  95. Frederick Zarkout

Hello Ringo,
    First I would like to thank you for being a part of the band that changed everything and influenced the world over.
    My question is, as a Beatle what was your relationship with John & Paul and in particular Paul, and in your honest opinion , who do you think was more influential and instrumental in the band's success., Thank you and continued success.

April 11, 2010 at 11:36 am |
  96. Frederick Zarkout

Hello Ringo,
    My question is, as a Beatle what was your relationship like with John & Paul and in particular Paul, and in your honest opinion , who do you think was more influential and instrumental in the band's success., Thank you and continued success.

April 11, 2010 at 11:39 am |
  97. Ron Joiner

Of all the All Starr bands, which one was your favorite – perhaps an unfair question but I'll ask anyway

April 11, 2010 at 11:55 am |
  98. Pooky Harrison

Have good time, healthy and happy for you and your family.

April 11, 2010 at 1:18 pm |
  99. Carlos Herrera

I remember laughing a lot while watching you movie Caveman. Will you participate again in another film or TV show? You are one of the best drummers of the rock era, and also a great comedian. That is a talent you should present to the world again.

April 11, 2010 at 2:40 pm |
  100. Sophie Reed

Hi Ringo!!

I know you often speak so affectionatley about the other three Beatles, and I'd like to know, what would YOU label them?
    Obviously there was "the cute one", "the quiet one", etc. But nobody knows them as well as you did. What would you label them and yourself?

And also – wanna come to my house for Christmas? 😉

Sophie xxxx

April 11, 2010 at 4:00 pm |
  101. János Kappelmayer

An amazing artist, who performs from Obladi Oblada to Thomas the Engine all sorts of great words and music
    Please come to perform in Debrecen, Hungary like Paco de Lucia, the Jethro Tull and many others...

April 11, 2010 at 4:03 pm |
  102. Piotr

Hi Ringo! Best wishes for you from Poland (crying today for the loss of it's greatest daughters and sons). Anyway: you have never come to play in Poland. You have MANY fans here. Feel invited. We would be honoured if you came. You won't regret!

Regards,

Piotr

April 11, 2010 at 4:51 pm |
  103. MJ

Ringo, love your Beatles and solo work, esp "It Don't Come Easy" and "Honey Don't" ... the question I have is what is the secret to your marriage success?

April 11, 2010 at 5:11 pm |
  104. Marlena

Hii Ringoo ! <3
    I have one question. Will You ever come to Poland ? We all love you and your music.
    Peace. !

April 11, 2010 at 6:31 pm |
  105. Gyula

Dear Ringo

I have been a great fan of Your music since the forming of the Beatles and in Your solo career as well

I am sure we in Hungary would like to enjoy Your performance...

Why not in Hungary?

Give it a try...

We missed the Beatles during the the communist years, the nearest performance was in Wien, but never in Hungary...

Only Paul came -only for a night- to Budapest some years ago
    It was a huge event and a great succes...
    When will You come for concert?

Congratulations on Your performance of forming a new world in the music history with Your and with the Beatles ever lasting music...

By the way, I think that most of Your songs are the nearest to the sound of the old Beatles style, which I enjoy so much...

Cheers
    Gyula
    Hungary

from Hungary

April 11, 2010 at 6:44 pm |
  106. Mel

Don't take this the wrong way, but I was disappointed when you told your fans not to write asking for autographs, saying you were too busy a few years ago! Maybe you were going through hard times, but I hope you now feel better enough to share yourself with us your greatest fans! My question is, What made you say those hurting words, and are things better now? I hope so. And I also hope you don't have "blisters on your fingers" LOL (just kidding!)

Dominican Republic

April 11, 2010 at 6:59 pm |
  107. DarioBM

I still remember the 1964 bumper sticker RINGO FOR PRESIDENT. We will not go to the point, but it sure is nice to hear a very good musician.

April 11, 2010 at 7:04 pm |
  108. kirsi mikkola

How do you keep looking SO sharp-you get better with the years , a rare feat ! (take a look at most guys aged 69)
    Cheers !!!!!!!!

April 11, 2010 at 7:11 pm |
  109. Michael Frontani

In your career, and of all of the great drum parts that you have played, what are a couple of your favorite drum performances on record? My family and I can't wait to see you in concert in North Carolina in the Summer!

April 11, 2010 at 7:48 pm |
  110. Paul Lovejoy

Ringo,

You and the Beatles made hundreds of millions of people dream. The fact that you and Paul are still going strong helps that dream live on.

Has your life been as good to you as those of us from the outside would be led to believe? Was the sacrifice you must have made worth it?

Paul Lovejoy

Switzerland

April 11, 2010 at 9:35 pm |
  111. Susan

Mr. Star,

Would you agree...after all the experiences you've encountered in life, that ultimately everything boils down to "people", not money or things?

And do you have tinnitus and/or would you consider supporting a "tinnitus foundation"?

Heartfelt regards to you and yours,
    Fremont, California USA

April 11, 2010 at 9:43 pm |
  112. Ciro Jose

I regularly enjoy "Hard day's night" and "Let it Be". The beginning and the up, or the roof,if you prefer. Whe I think about time it was nearly half a century, it' s vertiginous. How do you deal with it?

Ciro, 59
    fan since 1962

April 11, 2010 at 10:43 pm |
  113. Jonathan Parent

I am 28 years old and myself as well as my 7 month old daughter, Abigail, is a huge Beatles fan. Her favorite album is Abbey Road and her favorite song is "Octopus's Garden".

She (and I) would like to know what is your favorite song that you have written or co-written?

North Brookfield, Massachusetts

April 11, 2010 at 11:06 pm |
  114. Gregor Heinrich

Ringo,

you manage to get excellent musicians together for your "all stars" bands and tours.
    Do they ask you to join? do you ask them personally to join? or do you employ someone to contact all these co-musicians.

regards
    gregor
    (from Mexico)

April 12, 2010 at 12:33 am |
  115. Miker

Hi Ringo,

I understand you hate going back to the Philippines due to the past traumatic experience during the beatles era. In behalf of my country, I would like to express my sincerest apology to the greatest band that ever lived and hope you guys (Paul, you and friends) all well. I still hope you guys can perform to the millions of numero uno fans in here. You guys changed the lives of so many people in here, young and old, rich and poor, men and women, beatlemaniacs and beatle afficionados.

Regards,

Miker
    (beatle afficionado since birth)

April 12, 2010 at 12:38 am |
  116. Taylor Miller

Dear Ringo,
    Do you ever know what happened to your father? I know the last time you saw him was in the Hospital, but, what happened to him? P.S. I would go bezerk if you wrote an Autobiography or had an Authorized Biography made. Please and Thank you.

With love,
    Taylor Miller

April 12, 2010 at 2:02 am |
  117. Kamy

Are you planning to tour to Republic of Kiribati. Want to see you.

April 12, 2010 at 4:39 am |
  118. dato

ringo magarixar...

April 12, 2010 at 6:31 am |
  119. nshimwe richard

hullo ringo, iam a great fan of you and i cant wait for your album. my question is, do you miss the beatles?

kampala, uganda

April 12, 2010 at 8:26 am |
  120. batence1986

Hi!

I'd like to ask some questions:

1. Have you ever planned to make 3D movie about Beatles?
    2. When will you come to Bulgaria? Here are many Beatles fans.

Have a nice day!

Desislav

April 12, 2010 at 9:54 am |
  121. xavier baudet

Hi Ringo!
    Here's two questions you probably haven't been asked before and one you probably get a lot:

1) You're not on the song Dear Prudence. Still it sounds a lot like you. So much in fact that it's hard to believe it wasn't you. Is it possible that maybe McCartney tried to apologize to you after the argument that let to your temporary departure by carefully imitating your feel, your flow, timing, fills etcetera? I've checked McCartney's drumming on dozens of tracks and the only other time he sounds a bit like you is on the track I Want You To Fly and I'm not even sure who did that.

What do you think? Was Paul trying to make up to you with music, rather than words, with his Ringo-ish drumming on Dear Prudence? Or was it just magic, as usual with The Beatles?

2) How would you describe your relationship with Peter Sellers towards the end of his life?

3) If I want you to drum on my record, how do I proceed?
    Xavier Baudet, The Netherlands

April 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm |
  122. Peter Garland

Is it hard for you sometimes to fully understand the influence the Beatles have had in the world, musically and otherwise?
    It would seem to be an enormous understanding for someone who was a part of it.

April 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm |
  123. youtube.com/robmusicproduction

Ringo,

Will we ever get to hear John's unfinished demo "Now and then" finished by you and Paul (that you guys reportedly had a go at back in '95)?

Peace, Love & thank you for the music!

/Rob.

April 12, 2010 at 1:33 pm |
  124. Idzan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Hi Ringo

Who is your favorite Beatles and who do you like the least?

April 12, 2010 at 2:35 pm |
  125. terry walsh

Hi Ringo.
    I`m calling in from your home town of Liverpool.
    Would you like to clear up the fiasco in the aftermath of the Jonathan Ross show?
    A lot of people back here in Liverpool took your remark the wrong way and thought you were taking the mickey out of Liverpool.
    I think i know what you meant.
    By the way,..me grankids luv Yeller submarine.

April 12, 2010 at 3:23 pm |
  126. Adam Bomb somewhere in Holland

Is it true that right before John Lennon was murdered that Paul Macartney had met secretly with John at the Dakota to discuss a Beatles reunion under the guise of a solo record that is was gonna be a Ringo album?

April 12, 2010 at 3:42 pm |
  127. Luis Echevarria

Hola Ringo,
    Your collaboration with Mark Hudson was a good choice. A?: all the ex-Beatles have musician’s sons, if is possible they get together to make music like their dads and recorded, maybe you and Paul as producer.
    Gracias,
    Luis

April 12, 2010 at 3:59 pm |
  128. Rockie Harber

Hi Ringo,
    1st of all by watching you play drums, I learned how to play drums.
    My question is, What do you think of John's song (Just Like) Starting Over and the Double Fantasy album?
    Will you be touring in Illinois?

April 12, 2010 at 4:05 pm |
  129. Luis Echevarria

Hola Ringo,
    Gracias,
    Luis
    Puerto Rico

April 12, 2010 at 4:07 pm |
  130. Tom

When will Ringo answer these questions? Has it already been done?
    I'm just curious as to what his answers would be. I've asked a question above but don't see any replies to any of these. Help me if you can I m feeling down cuz waiting to hear from him.

April 12, 2010 at 5:22 pm |
  131. Frank Fabulous

Ringo,

What other musical instruments do you play?

April 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  132. Scott Weaver

Would you consider doing a Ringo-only tour? Playing some of your material from the late 70's, especially "Ringo The 4th" and "Rotogravure", where on YouTube your songs are getting alot of hits?

April 12, 2010 at 5:53 pm |
  133. Innocent

i think Ringo should do a musical tour alone playing some of his late 70's especially Rotogravure andthere are getting alot of hits even on the internet

April 12, 2010 at 8:34 pm |
  134. Innocent

who is Ringo's idol and what is the name of his new musical label

April 12, 2010 at 8:51 pm |
  135. Rene

Do you ever read any online Beatles fanfiction? There is a lot out there! Do you enjoy any of it?

April 13, 2010 at 4:26 am |
  136. Dennis

Ringo;Thanks for all the great music and happiness you and the Beatles have given the world. Blessings to you all.
    I hope to see you and Macca once more,someday soon.

April 13, 2010 at 6:03 am |
  137. Courtenay Argyle

Ringo, I love you. You are fab and I hope your coming to macca's hyde park festival or at least the Isle of Wight because you never told me you were going to be at his O2 gig in december...
    What's it like being so cool?
    You are my favourite guy in the whole wide world and I hope I get to meet you some day, soon 🙂
    You were the Beatles' glue and I think your flawless!
    You changed my view on the world alongside your buddies and pals georgie, johnny & macca. -Peace & love x

April 13, 2010 at 12:46 pm |