Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Wednesday's Connector: Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony

June 14th, 2010

Platinum selling recording artists, Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony, are one of the entertainment world's most powerful couples and are putting their fame to good use with an upcoming charity performance.

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/06/14/lopez.art.gettyimages.jpg
caption="Quiz Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony."]

Lopez and Anthony are teaming up to make a special performance at the upcoming Four Seasons of Hope gala to raise money for Lopez's Maribel Foundation – a not-for-profit organization that promotes greater access to healthcare for women and children through its commitment to telemedicine.

Before their marriage in June 2004, the couple were long time friends and worked together on a number of music videos prior to tying the knot.

In early 2004, Lopez and Anthony recorded a duet for one of Lopez's films called "Shall we Dance?" and the two have since collaborated on a number of projects.

The couple maintain a very private family life and have an often defensive relationship with the media.

In 2008, Lopez gave birth to fraternal twins named Emme Maribel Muñiz, and Maximilian David Muñiz.

Lopez is best known as one of the most successful Hispanic entertainers in the U.S. - having recorded countless albums, performed in a number of profitable films and even creating her own fashion label.

"Forbes" magazine placed Lopez as the richest Latin American in Hollywood and she has also sold more than 25 million albums worldwide.

Anthony is also an extremely successful singer, having won five Grammy awards and selling over 10 million albums worldwide.

1. Eloise

I'd like to know what inspired Jennifer to create the Maribel foundation and when is she going to work on a new movie ?

Thank you.

Eloise – NY

June 14, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Reply
  2. BB

1. Has Jennifer accomplished what she set out to do with The Maribel Foundation?
    2. When is Jennifer's new album going to be released?
    3. Does Jennifer have any movie roles lined up?

June 14, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Reply
  3. Kostas

Hi!i would like to ask Jennifer what exactly she feels when she's doing her charity work,When are we going to have a new single?and is the album ready to be released?

June 14, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Reply
  4. ML

1. Is Jennifer going to do tour next year???
    2. When will we hear new single by Jennifer?
    3. Does she plan to open new J.LO stores outside the US?
    4.Will Marc release new english album this year?

Thank you.
    Michael Poland

June 14, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Reply
  5. Tania

1. Is Marc going to record another album? If so, is it going to be an English or Salsa album?

2. Is Marc going to make a movie in the future?

June 14, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Reply
  6. nadia

When does Jennifer plan to star in a new movie and what genre will it be?

Paris

June 14, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Reply
  7. Theresa

For Marc: Will you be recording another English album soon?

For Jennifer: Beside romantic comedies, what type of movie role would you be excited about doing?

For Jennifer and Marc: Who disciplines the kids more?

MD

June 14, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  8. Agnes

I would like to know what moment in Jennifer's career was for her the worst one and the best one?
    Is anything in her past what she feels bad about?
    What is Jennifer's the biggest dream?
    What Jennifer is afraid about?

June 14, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Reply
  9. MIRIAM HOMANN [#1 JLO FAN]

For JLo: How have your thoughts and your way of looking at life since you have the babies? ...

For Marc: Can you tell me a title of a song that you wrote to Jennifer, before being with her?

Kisses&Love from your fan number one 🙂

June 14, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Reply
  10. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Marco Antonio Muñiz, Jennifer Lynn Lopez and CNN friends,

I would like an answer from Marco Antonio Muñiz and Jennifer Lynn Lopez on the following questions:
    – In what way are Jennifer Lopez and Tom Cruise(Les Grossman of the movie: Tropic Thunder) working on the new movie: Les Grossman, because I like Jennifer Lopez and Les Grosman (Tom Cruise) performance on the 2010 MTV Movie Awards?
    – What is your opinion on the way Barack Obama, the president of the United States of America, is handling the Oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico?
    – What is your opinion as Latin- Americans on the Arizona Immigration Law?
    – What is your opinion as members of The Maribel Foundation on Barack Obama’s Healthcare Reform?
    – How do you as a married couple manage your entertainment careers with your personal lives as parents?
    – WHO will win the South Africa World Cup according to you as Latin- Americans?
    – What can we expect from you in 2010?
    – How are you inspiring people all over the world to make our world a Better Healthier and Beautiful Place?

I am awaiting Marco Antonio Muñiz and Jennifer Lynn Lopez ’s replies.

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname

June 14, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Reply
  11. Angel Villa Gutierrez

For Ms. Lopez,
    1. When will your fans hear a new single off of Love?
    2. When will Love? be released?
    3. Is your Madres Resturant going to be open again? (I really enjoyed going...food was great!!!)
    4. When are you going to make another collecition for JLo, Sweetface,Justsweet? (My family loves your clothes and shoes).
    5. Will you come out in another film this year, if so, which one?
    6. Have you ever considered coming out in a superhero (sci. Fiction) film...I think you would have been great for the Phoenix role in X-Men or Wonder Woman.
    7. In your Love? album, will you feature any artist...if so might Rihanna,Lady GaGa, Christina Aguilera, Shakira, Fergie or even Beyonce be considered?
    8. Is there any plans of making a menswear clothing line for your company JLo? (I would buy everything!!!)
    9. What is your favorite red carpet dress that you have recently worn?
    10. Which are your favorite top 10 designers?
    11. Will you be taking out a DVD of your first tour (Juntes En Concierto)..that concert was awsome...I went to the Honda Center one....
    I love you sooo MUCH Jennifer...
    You have taught me the value of perseverance, and with that, I have flourished in many of my goals. Thanks...
    Your #1 FAN!!!
    Angel Villa Gutierrez
    Fullerton, Ca.

June 14, 2010 at 5:31 pm | Reply
  12. Vicky

Who is more strict when it comes to parenting? Marc or Jen? 🙂

June 14, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Reply
  13. Joanna

I would like to ask Jennifer and Marc if they would encourage their kids to follow their steps on acting and singing, or they would insist them to follow a different career?

June 14, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Reply
  14. Kevin Quail

There's nothing about them I want to know. Celebrities- big deal. Why don't you have someone meaningful on here sometime, like scientists working to cure diseases?

June 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Reply
  15. Joanna

Athens, Greece

June 14, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Reply
  16. Jake

Hello everyone 😀

Here are my questions:

1.) Is Jennifer Lopez going to release her forthcoming single sometime soon? And if so, when exactly?

2.) Are there any "featurings" on her upcoming album "LOVE?" ?

3.) Could she sing a little bit of one of her new slow songs? I love her voice 😛

4.) Is she going to come to germany once again? I'd love to see her.

And last but not least:

5.) How do Marc and herself manage to have such a strong relationship and to be in love like the day they met? 😀

Jake 😀

June 14, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Reply
  17. Luis Enrique

How does it feel to represent the lagacy and the values of the Puerto Rican people in the United States?

June 14, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Reply
  18. sara

For Jennifer?
    Do you Like Micheal Jackson and do You have see him one time ?
    I love You so much Jennifer

June 14, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Reply
  19. Giorgia

For Jennifer:
    1) What inspired you most to create the Maribel Foundation?
    2) In your opinion, what's the worst thing in the society that now has to be improved (hate, discrimination, violence, ...)?
    3)Was it difficult to choose a name for the Foundation? Do you think its name represents well your intentions and goals about it?
    4) Your fans are so excited about your new album. Any plans for the date of the release? What must we expect from it?

Giorgia. Rome, Italy

June 14, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Reply
  20. noah

My question goes to J.lo. What's your current relationship with p.diddy and will you like to work with him on a song in the future?
    Portharcourt, Nigeria

June 14, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Reply
  21. Sebastian

Why wasn't Fresh Out the Oven the lead single for her new cd? Why didn't she perform that one instead of Louboutins? It would have made a much bigger impact and would have probably been a huge hit if she had. Bad judgment.

June 14, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Reply
  22. Conor Clarke

Hi Marc & Jennifer,
    Marc I saw you in concert recently in Valladolid and I would like to congratulate you on a fantastic performance. I would like to know when are you coming back to Tenerife as I have seen you here various times and I think your music is great. Also, any posibility of a song with another great Juan Luis Guerra? Two of the best on the same track would be amazing!

Thank you.

Conor (Tenerife, Canary Islands, Spain)

June 14, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Reply
  23. Jamie

Love ya Jlo. I'm Jamie but I'm not a boy

1. What your favorite color.

2. If you had another child (boy or girl) what would you name it.

3. Have you ever lied to your parents, if so about what did you lie about and what happened?

4. Do you remember you have a twitter acount?

5. What's your husband favorite song?

6. How many cell phones have you had in you intire life?

7. The first time you went on the Jay Leno show Jay asked you" What was the naughtiest thing you ever done?" Can you give us an idea of what is was?

8. Why can't you curse in your songs. Who's holding you back?

9. What the funniest thing your children has said to you?

10. Your mom wanted you to become a lawyer, what do you think your kids will grow up to be.

11. How many times a week do you clean your house?

12. Do you play video games with Marc, if not Why?

13. What is one crazy thing you would never do?

14. Do you use hand sanitizer?

15. About what temperture is your house right now?

16. Did you right music when you were a kid?

17. What's was the last made you cry in pain?

18. Would you ever bring out new artist like how Diddy did with Biggie, Loon ect?

19. Would you loan your fan $400 for a plane ticket to come spend a day with you if knew you would get it back?

20. Do you read the Bible?

21. Did your dad remarry? ( This one might be too personal)

I love FOREVER Jlo. I want you come back with more movies, music. I can't wait. I love you

Orlando, Florida

June 14, 2010 at 10:07 pm | Reply
  24. lavenia

I'm a big fan of J.lo and love Marc Anothony's songs...just wandering about this charitable thing, how they go about it,their plans. And to Jen when will be your next blockbuster movie?
    ....xoxo...Fiji Islands

June 14, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Reply
  25. Robert

Hello my lovely Jennifer Lopez, HI Marc.
    This is Robert.

I wanted to add this that I am a huge fan of you Jennifer since I was 11 years old back in 1997. when i saw you in Selena. i was like who is that, she is so talented and gorgeous. then i became a huge fan when you release your first album in 1999. wow now i am 23 years old and still your number 1 fans. then i also became Marc fans when you both did El Cantante, i love it and when you both did a tour together in 2007. i went to the one at the Staple Center in Los Angeles and wow i love it so much.

1. my question to you Jennifer and Marc, will you guys think of releasing a DVD of your 2007 "Juntos en Concierto" ?

2. Jennifer it's true that you will do a world tour the end of this years or next years? when will i get see you in tour, back in L.A ?

3. Jennifer will you do another men fragrances any soon ? i did love Deseo for men is my favorite. even tough now i am having hard times to look for it in department store. where can i find it? i found some in Amazon.com but i want to buy it in person.

4. Jennifer and Marc will you guys love to take me out to dinner? I'll pay or come eat at my house? I'll cook. ask CNN for my e-mail.

5. my last question, is Epic going to release your honor of 10 years of greatest hit, like some thing big for the fans? that will be nice a book of your music collection or something awesome.

i can't wait for Love? and your second Spanish album. i love you so much Jennifer Lopez, Marc, the Twins. god bless Lopez and Muñiz.

from your number one fans

Robert
    Pasadena,CA.

June 14, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  26. Cisco Glow

Jen, about music.. we all know how great was your spanish album " como ama una mujer" we also know you're about to start working on your sencond spanish album. I would like to know how different it will be from the first one. Romantic, Bailable??
    thanks!

June 15, 2010 at 3:50 am | Reply
  27. Wanda

Wondering when Marc Anthony will wander over to St. Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands and celebrate his fans there????!!!!! Groups of us have to fly to PR or FL to see you. Reward us and come visit!

June 15, 2010 at 3:52 am | Reply
  28. DeAna

Jennifer,
    1. Having already thoroughly conquered film, music, dance, and business, do you have any desire or plans to conquer Broadway? Would you ever return to television?

2. Does your production company, Nuyorican Productions, have any upcoming projects? If so, can you talk about them.

Marc,
    1. I'm happy to see that you're appearing on the tv series 'Hawthorne' soon. Are there any other acting projects that you're working on? Would you ever appear on the tv show 'True Blood' if asked (fingers crossed!)?

~ Love from Ohio, USA

June 15, 2010 at 4:08 am | Reply
  29. edward egipciaco

i would likew to know if jeniffers none for profit foundation can be extended here in mexico, where mahority of the countries poor lack helath care or none at all, and where children have littie or no hope of getting s good education,where the schools have little or no books that are up to date and little or no computers in the shool and also in many libraires in their poor neighborhood, where many children are forced to leave school in order to help ends meet at their homes, by begging or just selling chewing gun in the streets, i would be very interested in getting involved in a project like yours in order to give bsck to those less fortunate. if you wish you may reach me at the following chicago number whish rngs here in my home. thank you and would appreciate your coments.

regards:
    edward egipciaco
    ph.312 962 0429

June 15, 2010 at 4:16 am | Reply
  30. Theresa

Not a question, Just wanted to say that I'm so proud of you guys and what you have accomplished in life together and independently. Thanks so much for giving so much of yourselves to help others in need.

June 15, 2010 at 4:25 am | Reply
  31. Erika

Share with us a typical conversation around your dinner table... What is the legacy you hope to pass on to Emme & Max?

Erika – Portland

June 15, 2010 at 4:36 am | Reply
  32. Alan Xolalpa

To Jennifer:
    1. It seems like you are a little bit disconnected of the latin market, I mean, since a long time ago you don't do any promotion in latinamerica (except for the Festival in Guatemala and the PR Parade but that wasn't exactly a promotion) Do you have plans to visit some latin countries like México, Brazil, Argentina. with the promotion of your new album or with any other project?

2. Taliking about your new album, when it's going to be relased? A lot of fans are very anxious to know at least the single release!

Both:

3. As influential latin people, What's your opinon about the actual latin situation around the globe, I mean, not only about the Arizona law, the World Cup and more?

June 15, 2010 at 5:02 am | Reply
  33. Bryce

1) Do you wish your career was what it used to be or are you content with the way things are now?

2) What are some of your favorite artists out right now?

3) If you could collaborate with any artist, who would it be?

June 15, 2010 at 5:02 am | Reply
  34. Aseel Khan

Hi Jin! In my opinion, you are one of the best and hottest singer, and I like most of your songs. Also, I just learn that you are involved in humanitarian work as well, which that makes you a kind heart women as well. keep up the good work, Love you.

From Cairo, Egypt

June 15, 2010 at 5:38 am | Reply
  35. Giovanny Velasco Galarza

Im From Ecuador and I just To say JLO Your are such a big inspiration Good Luck for U Mama and Your Family and Question for Marc Is It True that U come to Ecuador for a concert? i hope U come with JLO in this time : )

June 15, 2010 at 5:56 am | Reply
  36. Maurice

What like to know what Jennifer has in store for us musically.
    Would also like to know if her kids inspired her during the recording sessions of her upcoming album.

June 15, 2010 at 7:26 am | Reply
  37. Lili

for JLo: To get pregnant did you resource to IVF? If so, where, would you be kind enough to provide the Dr.'s name? There are many couples looking for good IVF doctors, and it's very difficult for regular people like me for example (not with the $$$$) to find a good one. I have had many treatments w/out luck, now working on adoption but if I had a good source I would try my hardest to give it one more try.
    for Marc: You are the best, i have always loved your music, keep it coming... Salsa romantica is the best!

I saw you both at a private concert sponsored by Cingular back in South Beach, Miami (2004 or 2005) can't remember... It was awesome!

June 15, 2010 at 7:35 am | Reply
  38. Deborah

Hola MARC & JENNIFER, I would like to ask you both :

1.) What is your ultimate goal for the Maribel Foundation?

2.) Can you share something that you've learned since you two have been married?

Thank you and God Bless!
    Deborah (Stroudsburg, PA )

June 15, 2010 at 9:55 am | Reply
  39. Laurita

1) How did Selena influence on Jennifer's career?

2) Jennifer, are you still in connection with Quintanillas or not?

June 15, 2010 at 10:51 am | Reply
  40. Heather

I'd like to know the following:

-Would Jennifer ever consider starring in a Broadway show?
    -What does she hope to accomplish with The Maribel Foundation?
    -How can fans donate to her foundation or volunteer their time?

Thanks!

-Heather
    Pittsburgh, PA

June 15, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  41. Anya

Hello, Jennifer and Marc!
    Are you plannig to give concert in Moscow?
    For the last 4 years you have been there a lot of times, but we still r wainting for your owner concert!
    Russia loves you!

June 15, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Reply
  42. Marina

Jennifer,Marc!
    May I ask you, like one of the greatest beautiful couples in the world, about your love. What features of character are inspiring you in each other?

Thank you for your attention!
    Love & health for you & your family!
    Marina.
    Russian Federation.

June 16, 2010 at 7:39 am | Reply
  43. Andsu

Jennifer, do you intend to tour with new album, and Brazil has a chance of being one of the countries selected to receive it? *–*

Anderson Melo – Brazil

June 16, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Reply
  44. Gabriela Ramalho

Hey!

So... I wonder when is jenny going to do a world tour!!!

I'm from Brazil and Jen is a really big part of my life and made me love music and dance and arts in general!
    I got a kinda funny story!
    When I was 7 I heard her song "Love Don't Coast a Thing" on the radio and just got addicted to it! I would stay by the radio all day chanching stations to see if that song would play again!
    So, my parents took me to a music store and they picked "J.LO" up and asked the guy who worked there if he could play the song for me so I could see if that was the one! After I heard my dad bought it to mee! As soon as got home I put the cd on and starter hearing the song on and on trying to read the lyrics and sing along! (I was 7, I didn't even know Portuguese right, imagine Eenglish!!!!)
    Now I'm 18 and I still love Jenny SO much, and musci is a big part of my life, and she made me love it!
    I wish someday i could meet her and thank her, but I think it's difficul to happen!

If only she did a world tour and came to Brazil!!!!

Actually, we have a community here in Brazil dedicated for Jenny and it has almost 90.000 people in it! We really love her!!!

June 16, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Reply
  45. Joan

When will jen an marc have a concert in africa? Joan frm kenya.

June 17, 2010 at 8:28 am | Reply
  46. Santiago Shere

JLo is my idol, i adore her and she made me like spanish.

September 3, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Reply