Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

Friday's Connector: Jason Mraz

June 15th, 2010

With one of the most unique voices on airwaves today, Jason Mraz has been able to turn his unusual take on popular music into a big winner on the charts.

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/06/15/mraz.art.gettyimages.jpg
caption="Jason Mraz is your Connector of the Day."]

Born in Virginia, Mraz has taken jazz, pop, reggae, rock and even hip hop and turned it into a mix of soulful sounds that have resonated big with listeners.

The 32-year-old released his first major album in 2002 called "Waiting for My Rocket to Come," and it was generally regarded as a commercial success.

The album peaked at 55 on the Billboard charts and the lead single "The Remedy" was Mraz's first top 20 single.

In July 2005, Mraz released his second studio album called "Mr.A-Z" and while touring, he was able to perform with the likes of Tracy Chapman and Alanis Morissette.

But, it was Mraz's third studio album, called "We Sing. We Dance. We Steal Things," that turned him into a household name.

The album peaked at number three on the charts and the single "I'm Yours" was certified 5x platinum in the U.S.

The single was also nominated for song of the year and best male pop vocal performance at the 2009 Grammy Awards.

Although Mraz didn't win at the 2009 Grammy Awards, a year later he won two Grammy's for his songs "Make It Mine" and "Lucky."

Mraz just returned from a trip to Ghana  with the organization Free The Slaves (www.freetheslaves.net) where he is participated  in a rescue of children enslaved in a slave labor fishery and will also visit a shelter of previously freed children.

He went on the trip to draw the world's awareness to the problem of global child slavery.

1. Melissa

I love how you use an array of instruments and incorperate various musical genres into your songs. It would seem that in the current world of synthesized music, you utilize the pleathora of musical resources that are available. How do you decide what instrument and sound to integrate when you are creating a song? I would imagine that adjusting even small parts could totally change the sound and meaning of a song.

June 15, 2010 at 6:22 pm | Reply
  2. Glenn

What are your beliefs about God, the afterlife, religion and faith?
    (Writing from Auckland, New Zealand)

June 15, 2010 at 6:47 pm | Reply
  3. Sarah

I'm writing from Ohio. I'd like to know which of the charitable organizations you've assisted holds the most meaning for you?

June 15, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Reply
  4. Nefertiti Jenkins

Hey Jason, I'm writing from Hilton Head, SC. I saw you on tour three times last year, once in Lexington, KY and twice in Charlotte, NC. My question to you is, I miss you already, do you have any plans to hit the road again soon?

June 15, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Reply
  5. Lia

Jason, when will your next cd be release??
    any plans of coming back to Mexico?
    Love, Lia (Mexico)

June 15, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Reply
  6. Inês Oliveira

I love Jason Mraz and everything he can share with music. Because of him, I've been changing my whole way of thinking and he's really an idol for me.
    He's always talking about communities, so I'd like to ask him what are the best communities he've been able to stay while on tour.
    Also, I'm curious about how he could start playing guitar at 18 and after a while being almost a master on it.
    I hope he can answer this.
    Oh, and give him a hug for me – he really deserves it.

June 15, 2010 at 7:16 pm | Reply
  7. Jess Holland

Hey im from the UK and i am such a HUGE Jason fan.

Q. Song for a friend from Mr A-Z is my all time favourite song ever ever ever, it makes me feel so amazing and better whenever i listen to it. How does it make you feel knowing you affect so many peoples lives for the better through your music and blogs and outlook on life??

June 15, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Reply
  8. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello Jason Thomas Mraz

How do you manage your music career with your personal life?

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Paramaribo, Suriname

June 15, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Reply
  9. Miss Ivy

Hi Jason, your music is really good. Are you performing in Orange County California any time soon?

June 15, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Reply
  10. Jennifer Duncan

When will you record "Never Too Late" so it can travel with me everywhere? I love this song and have taken it as my inspiration for my work and personal life. I just want to thank you for your positive attitude and the strength to stand up for your beliefs. I do not always share your point of view, but I believe that we both hold to the idea that arguments and contention hinder getting the real work done.
    Thank you for the inspiration and hope you offer.
    Jennifer
    Gainesville, FL

June 15, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Reply
  11. Chelsea

Hey Jason! Thank you for sharing your amazing music and inspiring personality with us! For two years straight I've listened to your music daily; you're by far, my favorite! I always enjoy your live shows, too, so please come to the SF Bay Area a lot after you finish your album. 🙂 my question: how can we have the Isle of Man in the UK recycle?? My mom and brother just got back from there and told me that the island burns all their rubbish. I'm concerned for their lack if enthusiasm to recycle! How do we help?
    Thank you!
    Love, Chelsea
    sonoma county, CA

June 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Reply
  12. Angie Live

Hi Jason
    I wanted to know if you feel fear when you go on stage and what you do to put things right and find your inner energy.
    Love from Spain

June 15, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Reply
  13. Allison

How will your next album compare or differ from your previous three? Do you think your activist efforts will be reflected in your songwriting for this album?

June 15, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Reply
  14. Kimmy

Jason, what is the strangest thought that has gone through your head, while performing?

oh, and writing from Denmark 🙂

– Kimmy

June 15, 2010 at 8:02 pm | Reply
  15. Gonzalo

Hi Jason,

I love your music and have seen you perform in Zurich twice, which I think means "everytime you've performed in Zurich".
    It must be great to make music that so many people around the world love and relate to. I love "Absolutely Zero" and, to my embarrassment, have been caught lip-synching, and pseudo-performing it many times.

So my question is: do you sing in the shower? If so, what songs? Your own, other artists?

Looking forward to seeing you in Switzerland again!

Cheers,
    Gonzalo

June 15, 2010 at 8:28 pm | Reply
  16. Paulina

Hi, I'm from monterrey, mexico and I wanted to ask:
    – Where do you get the inspiration to write so much powerful songs with great lyrics, like the ones in your album "We sing, We dance, We steal things"?
    – When are you going to start coming to other parts of the world like here in Mexico, you have a lot of fans waiting for you to come here!
    – When you were little did you ever think you would end up as you are right now, with all this musical success and fame, and let's not forget the wonderful things you do for charity?

June 15, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Reply
  17. cat

I live in Brazil and "I'm Yours' is all over the radio. Man, that song just hit the right musical key in people's hearts. Keep your simplicity. My whole family loves you.... every sings along in the car together! Beijos!

June 15, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Reply
  18. Derek

Hi Jason, I am writing you from Cape Town, South Africa during the middle of the World Cup. If your taking suggestions about new lyrics, you should consider writing about this beautiful country and what its become today. I really think your music could move mountains across the world, and South Africa is a good place to start.

From one American to another,

Derek

June 15, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Reply
  19. cat

p.s. I'm a Christian missionary. If you're interested in helping a very worthy cause, write back!

June 15, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Reply
  20. Anna

How is your new album coming along? Do you have any ideas about when it will be coming out?

I cannot wait until you come back on tour! You have inspired me to want to learn how to play guitar, and to explore other aspects of my life and I read your blog all of the time. And your music is simple beautiful. 🙂

You rock my socks,
    Anna ;D

June 15, 2010 at 9:28 pm | Reply
  21. barnyardog

Jason,
    WE love, love, love you in the south..Please come to New Orleans on your next tour. God Bless....

June 15, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Reply
  22. Theresa

What's it like (how do you feel about) being ripped off by Jonny Taylor?

June 15, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Reply
  23. Vanessa

I saw a video of yours composing a song in Brazil with Milton Nascimento. Sooo nice!

When is this song going to be released? I'm sou curious.
    Hope you come back soon for more shows in Brazil.
    Best of luck.
    Vanessa

June 15, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Reply
  24. Robby Durkin

Hi Jason, I love your music so much and you have inspired me to be a better person, to care about the environment, and help people. I was wondering if I were to set up a small concert to raise money to make the schools in my area Eco friendly if you would come play for us. Thank you, sincerely Robby Durkin

BTW im from Connecticut!!!

June 15, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Reply
  25. Tasha Kappella

My favourite artist...you must be the only performer (in my opinion) that sounds even better live than pre-recorded....you blow me away every time! I'm Australian living in the UK, my question would be- where do find inspiration? Not just for your music, but for your ethos in life? I think you have an amazing outlook on this world 🙂
    All my best,
    Tash

June 15, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  26. Laurence

Hey Jason, I'm writing from Australia.

How successful do you think the human race will be at solving the most pressing issues of our time, like climate change and the energy crisis? Do you think the majority of people will be keen to accept a lifestyle that's sustainable and healthy?

June 16, 2010 at 1:43 am | Reply
  27. Lauralee Giovanella

How did you discover your inner mezzo-soprano? Love when you get into it...first time I saw it live was at KTY University at the beginning of Mr Curiosity (as opposed to the middle) – I almost died of happiness. Thank you for the joy you've given me through your music. Much Love.

June 16, 2010 at 1:43 am | Reply
  28. O Mar

Writing fFrom Guatemala, Central America. We are so close and yet your music is not played much here. I got to listen to it en NL. It´s so good!

June 16, 2010 at 2:25 am | Reply
  29. Kelsey

Hi Jason,

I live in West Virginia, just one state away from your hometown. I also go to college in West Virginia. I aspire to be an author and columnist, big dreams from someone who has no stoplights in their town.

My question is: Do you have any advice specifically for someone from a small town? I feel like people from LA or New York City who have grown up with culture all around them have the upper hand over me; is there anything you would suggest for me and my big dreams?

Thanks so much.
    Kelsey

June 16, 2010 at 2:28 am | Reply
  30. Rebecca Foster

Hey Jason.

My question is, what kind person do you consider yourself? I'm sure you agree with me that you are a very interesting person... lol.
    But what else would you add?

An intrigued fan.

Rebecca M. Foster

June 16, 2010 at 3:25 am | Reply
  31. Rey Bargamento

My wife loves "im yours" so much. I, on the other hand, play "the remedy" at the end of my radio show. Call it my way of ending each show on a high note.

I wonder if you have any plans to visit Davao City, Philippines to perform or just to visit my beautiful city. Contrary to whay you may hear from many, my city is very peaceful and offers lots of things that i'm sure you may like.

And if you do, I won't mind giving you my whole radio show for you to play your hits and your favorite songs.

Thank you for your songs and God bless you Jason.

Mabuhay!!

Rey

June 16, 2010 at 3:27 am | Reply
  32. patty weed

I just love your music and was wondering if you would be coming to sacramento, calif for concert in the future?

June 16, 2010 at 3:32 am | Reply
  33. Chad

Jason,

Can you please record "At Last" in its entirety so my girlfriend and I can dance to it at our wedding in Jan 2011? Or you're welcome to come play in O'ahu for us in person. We don't agree on a whole lot of things, but we do agree on your music. So I'd appreciate it if you could make this a bit easier on me. Thanks.

Chad
    Orange, CA / Melbourne, Australia

June 16, 2010 at 3:38 am | Reply
  34. Amir Fuad Hussain

Hi Jason!

I saw your Jason Mraz Live in Malaysia concert in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia last year and it was awesome!

I love the way you blend jazz. pop, rock, hip-hop, reggae, etc in your music. Watching you perform live was certainly one of the highlights of the year for me.

My questions:
    1. What are your plans for your next album?

2. I read from Wikipedia that you were in a show choir (glee club) in high school. Is that true? If it's true, what was your experience being in the club?

All the best, Jason.
    Looking forward to more of your work . Cheers! – Amir from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

June 16, 2010 at 3:39 am | Reply
  35. Monica

How has your perspective on life changed as you have grown as an artist while enhancing your celebrity status?

Monica
    New York, NY (where I once squeezed your hand after a concert)

June 16, 2010 at 3:51 am | Reply
  36. Kay, TX

Hi Jason,

I love your music and am enjoying watching you grow as an artist and find your voice as a humanitarian.

Speaking of voices, how is yours doing? Have you ever been compelled to write a song that you didn't want to write, on a subject that you didn't want to touch?

Thanks for the music and your blog of Freshness. Blessings to you and yours.

Kay

June 16, 2010 at 3:54 am | Reply
  37. Danae

Jason Mraz,

I first heard your songs when a good friend of mine shared his ipod playlist with me...I couldnt stop listening to them, each song had its own uniqueness to it, each song's lyrics are so well written, I can relate my personal feelings and experiences to each song.

Now my question is:

Will you ever tour in Hong Kong? Or at least the surrounding area?

I and my friends would love to see you live!

June 16, 2010 at 3:57 am | Reply
  38. Vivian Claire Liu

Hi there Jason!

Vivian Claire writing from Singapore. Thanks for being so real and genuine in your music and your ways; it's rare in the world esp in the musical scene, and is a great influence. "I'm Yours" is awesome, as is the way you sing it from your soul.

I wonder if you could share your key source(s) of inspiration and strength, and second the above question re your belief on God. In your charity work, what cause resonates with you most and why?

Pls come perform in SG again soon!

Blessings,
    Viv Claire

June 16, 2010 at 4:09 am | Reply
  39. yplas

what's one place you haven't been but want to go to ?

June 16, 2010 at 4:11 am | Reply
  40. Ana

Hi Jason,

I saw you in Singapore a couple of years ago but am based in the Philippines now. We love you here...any plans of coming over and when?

Ana

June 16, 2010 at 4:12 am | Reply
  41. Emily

Hey Jason!
    Can I have a good Avocado smoothie recipe?

Thanks from San Francisco

June 16, 2010 at 4:21 am | Reply
  42. Luis W

Hey Jason,

A quick and simple question: Who or what was the source of inspiration for your mega-hit "Im Your's"?

Greetings from Costa Rica

June 16, 2010 at 4:54 am | Reply
  43. neno

mraz, i love your music. i wanna ask you about something..what have influenced you to write and make a good instrument??
    when will you come to indonesia to have a live performance here???

June 16, 2010 at 4:57 am | Reply
  44. Beth Howard

Hi. 🙂

I pull a lot of positive energy from your music. I relate to a lot of what you write and have to say. My question for you is what was the turning point in your life? I have read about your adolescence and your journey into the music industry, but I have never been quite clear as to how you have arrived at the postive, open and loving "dynamo" that you are presently? Was it one specific event... or a series of things that have made you look at humankind the way you do?

You inspire me. You make me laugh. You've touched my heart. Thank you.

June 16, 2010 at 5:14 am | Reply
  45. Margot

Mr. Jason Mraz,

I have been a fan of your music since my freshman year of college (2001) and most recently watched you perform at Chicago's Northerly Island (Charter One Pavillion) where, amongst the craze of fresh(er) fans, I requested "Rand McNally." (Don't think you heard me on that...)

(Is the Mr. A-Z man really going to read these?)

Thanks for making music I love to sing and love to share... and for making me smile when I hear your music.

My (self involved) question is this – Next time you are in Chicago, let's hang out... question – WIll you please hang out with me? I am a lot of fun, and would love to share an hour or two of our lives together.

On a more normal – not sounding too loco note – I just saw a phenomenal movie if you are interested in wine. It is called Bottle Shock. Which leads to my next question. Have you seen it?

Best of luck, Congratulations on becoming a Master of you domain and I hope to see you again.

-Margot

June 16, 2010 at 5:26 am | Reply
  46. McNulty

I wasn't aware that you were apart of the free the slaves organization. Could you tell us what that trip was like, the people you met, and overall what you learned from the journey to Ghana. I hope the mission was a success.

June 16, 2010 at 5:53 am | Reply
  47. Steph

Hey hey Jason, Steph here writing from Australia 🙂

What is the most embarrassing thing you have ever done in public? Would you change what happened?

June 16, 2010 at 6:42 am | Reply
  48. Sherri

Hi Jason,✯
    I'm writing from Oklahoma City, and I would like to know what prompted you to share so much of yourself with your fans. I liked your music when I heard it on the radio, but when I found your blog, message board/RKOP, and silly &/or inspiring videos on youtube, it brought a greater and deeper appreciation for you as an artist. (I remember thinking "oh he's a dork!" but in a good way, like you are a real human being, just like the rest of us.) It's a great feeling of connectedness and humanity that you convey in your writing. I think it's amazing and brave to share so much so publicly, and in such a humble and honest way, especially as a celebrity. Why did you decide to put so much of yourself out there? Do you ever regret it, or has it been a positive experience?
    Thanks 🙂 & Please please come to Oklahoma!♥

June 16, 2010 at 6:47 am | Reply
  49. Emily Gallacher

I would like to know... when you we're performing in the coffee shop scene, did you know how good you were and you would be famous one day? from emily in Scotland 🙂 <3

June 16, 2010 at 7:38 am | Reply
  50. Ali

Hey Jason

Im writing from MALDIVES and was wondering if you ever considered coming over to this part of the world for a performance??

Maybe you can come here for your Holidays and give a little show to us then..:D

I love your music and your style..is so unique and easy to listen

Cheers and keep it coming

Ali
    Lots of love from Maldives

June 16, 2010 at 7:46 am | Reply
  51. Christopher Sibley

Love your music and I personally find you to be one of the sexiest men in music today. I know you aren't gay, but I have read several things in the media that lead me to enquire if you might be bisexual?

Cheers,
    Christopher
    Wellington, New Zealand

P.S. Hope to see you performing in NZ soon!

June 16, 2010 at 8:21 am | Reply
  52. Hannah

Hey Jason,

I love everything about "A Beautiful Mess," the lyrics, the melody, the way you sing it, everything! I think it's one of your most inspired songs. Is there a story behind it?

Writing from the sunny Philippines,

Hannah

June 16, 2010 at 8:27 am | Reply
  53. Alp

Hey Jason, do you know you have lots of followers in turkey? You come to europe but never turkey. I'm sure there will be a huge crowd welcoming you in Istanbul!!

What chance you to come Istanbul? We are looking forward to see you and sing with you here in bosphorus for the first time!!

~ Alp
    Istanbul, Turkey

June 16, 2010 at 8:35 am | Reply
  54. Devi Rianawati

Hi Jason,

Been listening to your music since your first album, I really like your music. And thank you so much for your great performances on your concert here in Jakarta. Wish you will come back here for another concert.
    Anyway my question will be, how do you want to be remember by your fans? and what the best things that ever happened to you other than your music career?

Devi
    writing from Jakarta

June 16, 2010 at 8:36 am | Reply
  55. Melody

You give so much to so many through your music, activism, & encouragement in acceptance of personal accountability/responsibility for our environmental impact & social injustices. What would you like someone to give to you?

June 16, 2010 at 9:25 am | Reply
  56. Katerin

Hey Jason,

my question is are you planning a tour in Europe any time soon (Germany in particular)?

Best of luck with everything ♥♥♥,
    Kate
    writing from Hamburg

June 16, 2010 at 9:29 am | Reply
  57. Melody

(previously posted a question) I forgot to mention my location: San Diego,Ca & Atlanta,Ga.

June 16, 2010 at 9:32 am | Reply
  58. Tessa Karenna

When did you start singing?
    When did you start singing professionally?
    Will you be doing any concerts in NZ?
    How did get the idea, what inspired you for 'I'm Yours"?
    How is it working with Colby Collette?
    How long did it take you write and make, "'We Sing We Dance We steal things"?
    Did you draw the pictures in your album cover "We Sing we dance..?

June 16, 2010 at 9:43 am | Reply
  59. Diana-Cheryl

Hi Jason,
    Hoe gaat het?

It must have been extremely difficult to work in Ghana and then return to a world where we bearly speak of these horrible subjects. How is that fot you? With the experience you get, do you see it (slavery/abuse) more clearly around you when you travel and how do you deal with that? My heart broke while I was going through the website posted in the article, so I was wondering...).

Hope to see you soon in the Netherlands, loved you in Amsterdam!

All the best from this sister!
    Diana-Cheryl
    The Netherlands

June 16, 2010 at 9:51 am | Reply
  60. Laura From Venezuela

Hi Jason,
    I must admit it was only recently that i got to hear your music and know who you are, i was watching an ep. of So You Think You Can Dance,Jeanine and Jason do a contemporary piece by Travis Wall with your song "If It Kills Me"... It made me cry. The dancing was beautiful but it was your song that made it exquisite... They say life is made of moments, if so, I must thank you for that moment you gave me... I know chances of you coming to Venezuela are extremely low but i am known to be a dreamer and i will dream that chance comes. Thank you for your music....

June 16, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Reply
  61. bash

hello Jason Thomas Mraz! While typing this I am not really sure if you'll be able to read this. but in any case, I'm still crossing my fingers about it. hahaha.

I've been a fan of yours since my fifth grade and now i'm on my Third Year in College. How fast the time flies. 😀

My question are these, How did you realize that you must stop smoking? How can you invite other people to stop smoking like you? 🙂

I hope you visit Philippines again. Already saving for it. 😀

Mabuhay!

-Bash

June 16, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Reply
  62. Sharon

I live in the DC area and have admired Jason Mraz since "Rocket" came out. I was wondering if he had any plans to play small, intimate venues such as the Rams Head in Annapolis or any other such small club.

June 16, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Reply
  63. Max

Hi Jason,

There is youtube video of an 8th grader singing on stage in a middle school performance. The title of the video is 'Jason Mraz before he was famous'. Was that really you?

June 16, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Reply
  64. Israel

Hi Jason,
    My only question for you is whether you know this up and coming artist Kina Grannis. I just saw her show and she is amazing. I know there's tons of people that would love to collaborate with you, but I think you should definitely check her out on youtube. She just release her new album and I think you would really like her music. Thanks for reading this and I hope you continue your success.

June 16, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Reply
  65. Ariel

Hey Jason, how does it really feel to know your inspirations are spreading world wide?? like here in Hong Kong, I'm so glad my friend had highly recommended you to me and now I'm so moved by your music and your thoughts! thinking how awesome it is to have people listening to you and taking your thoughts seriously and you may not even know who they are, while I even can't talk my mom through to go to movie with me. Can you feel how powerful you are?

June 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  66. Bethany

Hi Jason,
    I'm a nerd and so was reading through the comments (not intending to write one myself, but wanted to see what kinds of things other people ask, human behavior always fascinates me!) anyhow, I saw that quite few people wrote 'thank yous' about how you have inspired them to live more sustainably, and I want to thank you for that. I just finished a Masters program in Goshen, Indiana in Environmental Education and we talked a lot about the power that music has to change the world (we even got to talk to Pete Seeger, I think that might have been my favorite day in the entire program! And, if you want to talk to the this years class, let me know and I can connect you to Goshen College's "king of connections" Paul. (he seems to know everyone!)
    thank you again for using your music to change the world, keep doing your great work!

Sustainably yours,
    Bethany
    from Berkeley, CA (currently in Indianapolis, IN)

June 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Reply
  67. Sasha Brigante

Writing from Miami Beach, Florida!

Wow, this is so cool. And I just wanted to take a moment and express my gratitude for the Mraz Man, before anything. I've made such positive and healthy changes for myself, all because of him. I've stopped sweating the small stuff and just been takin' it easy, learning to Be Love, using my Sigg waterbottle and avoided plastics, conserving water through Navy showers, leaving my surroundings even BETTER than I found them before and caring for the environment, becoming more open to new situations, people, and concepts, eating healthier foods, and simply BEING AWARE of all of life. And the music is the greatest I’ve heard! He’s my favorite artist by a landslide and I know it will stay that way.

So here’s my question…

How would you like to see the world (or the people in it) transformed in the next 10 years (from all the experience you've had being an activist)? Anything you’d like to see changed in the way humans act or treat this green Earth of ours?

June 16, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  68. Van

Hi!
    Thank you for striving to be all that you can be. Every person who strives to make a difference around them deserves a thank you.

I love the song 'Song for a friend'. What was your inspiration for it?

Van, Norway.

June 16, 2010 at 9:10 pm | Reply
  69. Sasha Brigante

Another question from Miami Beach, Florida!

Any human rights you'd like to see changed in the near future?

June 16, 2010 at 10:56 pm | Reply
  70. Jamie P from Virginia

Were you on the tv show Hell's Kitchen a few years back eating in the show's restaurant? I swear I saw you, for a split second, being served in the dining room. My husband said I was delusional & it was just a symptom of my "SuperFriend-itis".

Happy Birthday on the 23rd & Thank You for making the effort & taking the time to stay so "virtually" connected with your fans!! 🙂
    ~Jamie

June 17, 2010 at 3:00 am | Reply
  71. Hanako

Hola, Jason!

Glad you're having a great time in NY. PFW is my favorite place as well. Enjoy the yummy nummy stuff as much as possible... 😉

I would ask you this .... Have you ever had a thought that you just wanna walk away from your music career? or had a fear of losing it? The reason why I'm asking is that my heart was torn apart when I was laid off, not because I don't have a job, just because I felt that I was separated from the things I love the most. I'm now ok, cuz i've found a way to connect myself to my career as a flower designer : Volunteering at a garden, freelancing, planning a workshop etc. I wanna contribute my time and life to my community somehow. You inspired me through your words and acts, so THANK YOU!

So, what do you say? Have you had an experience that you were removed/wanted to stay away from the things you love=music???

Hope you're having another beautiful day in Big Apple!!!

Much love and gratitude,

Hana

June 18, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Reply
  72. JJ Gardiner

Hi Jason, I'm a speech pathologist and am curious to know how you take care of your voice. I want to make sure we get to enjoy those melodious tones for many years to come!
    JJ in Virginia 🙂

June 18, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Reply
  73. Luu

Hella Jason!!
    I just want to say that it's unbelievably incredible to have a TALENTED singer, in every way, at this time in the world and I want to ask, "Most of your songs are so deeply intimate. What kind of a girl inspires you to sing so deeply and how do you expect a girl to give it back to you?"

Luu, K.S.A.

June 18, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  74. Ana Diegues

Tell us... which was the first song you wrote? What was it about?
    A fan from Brazil.. sending good vibes from Açaí land!

June 22, 2010 at 6:19 am | Reply