Tune in at 16:00 London, 19:00 UAE

How are you solving the iPhone's antenna problem?

July 16th, 2010

The iPhone 4 broke Apple sales records upon its release on June 24, drawing positive reviews from tech bloggers and almost religious fervor from Apple fanatics who waited hours to get their hands on one.

[cnn-photo-caption image=http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2010/images/07/16/phone.art.gettyimages.jpg
caption="How are you solving the iPhone's antenna problem?"]

But just hours after its release, reports of a problem with reception began surfacing.

One of the new phone's vaunted features is its sleek design, nearly 25 percent thinner than its most recent predecessor. That's achieved, in part, by snaking the antenna through a metal band around the edges of the phone.

Analysts determined that holding the band in a certain spot leads to interference, causing weakened reception and, sometimes, dropped calls.

For its part, Apple downplayed any problems.

Jobs, who in recent months has taken to communicating publicly through e-mails with customers, fanned the flame with what critics called a brusque dismissal of the complaints.

"Just avoid holding it in that way," he wrote in an e-mail that circulated on the Web during the last week of June.

iPhone owners have been taking a unique approach to solving the reception problems. Many are purchasing the Apple bumpers which the company says solves the problems and others are even wrapping rubber bands around the device.

We want to know some of the more unusual ways you are solving the phone's reception problem.

Are you purchasing the bumper? Have you changed the way you hold your phone? Have you gotten rid of your iPhone all together?

Please leave your comments below and be sure to tell us where you're writing from.

We would also love you to send in your images and video through iReport by clicking here.

Filed under:  General
  1. Jurgen R. Brul

Hello CNN friends,

We Need Good Healthy Mobile phone,
    iPhone 4 is Not Good and Steven Paul "Steve" Jobs did Not Fix the Problems!
    So We Need to Use Good Healthy Mobile phones from
    BlackBerry, Nokia, HTC, Samsung, SonyEricsson and LG in order
    to Connect the world and make our world
    a Better Healthier and Beautiful World
    for You and for Me!

Greetings,
    Jurgen R. Brul
    Hometown: Paramaribo
    Country: Suriname
    Latin-American

July 16, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Reply
  2. Jason

By not buying the stupid thing!

July 16, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Reply
  3. JImS.

How have I fixed it? I haven't. I haven't experienced any problem, so there has been nothing to fix.

July 16, 2010 at 1:03 pm | Reply
  4. Bill

It was a simple fix for mine. I just don't squeeze it like a tube of toothpaste! I can replicate the signal loss if I try, but the key word here is "try". I've yet to drop a call. I think this is all overblown by the press just so they can get more clicks on their sites. They know anything Apple will get people clicking. The truth is most phones do this, just Youtube "Evo reception" or "droid reception" and you see the same video examples.

July 16, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Reply
  5. alicia giattino

I am so disappointed:( I have been an IPhone user from the 1st Gen phone and have been extremely happy...until my 4. I am not even comfortable holding the phone because I am trying to stay away from the antenna. I have to use my right hand only which is a PIA! I get horrible reception and dropped calls constantly. I guess I am going to either have to go back to my 3GS or buy a $30 bumper and hope that works.

July 16, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Reply
  6. Dana from Tulsa

I use a case on my iPhone 4. It helps to lessen the amount of signal loss when it's held in the "death grip." I've been able to replicate and measure the change between holding the phone with 1 finger on either side or the "death grip", using a speed test application. The change is much less when using the case. Sadly, using the case slows down the data stream, no matter how the phone is held.

July 16, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Reply
  7. Amy

I haven't done a thing about the antenna issue. Few people I know have experienced the problem; from what I read, you're only really prone to experiencing it if you have big hands, are left-handed, and sweaty.

So this right-handed, not-sweaty chick would like to say: it should be a far greater scandal how terrible AT&T's reception is in urban areas, particularly New York City, which effects ALL customers in those areas.

I get this is a PR issue they need to fix: offering those "bumpers" for free would be a great place to start. But iPhone users in cities have been suffering much worse for a much longer time.

July 16, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Reply
  8. Iam Famous

"Just avoid holding it in that way,"
    Are you serious? I paid all this money to get the latest toy and i have to hold it a certain way??? Maybe I should stand on my head? or maybe stand on a hill so I can be closer to a satellite? JOBS YOU FAILED US. I'm going back to my Blackberry.

July 16, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Reply
  9. James

Ive had my IPhone since the first of July. NEVER had a problem! Yes, I use a cover on it, but anyone who wants to keep their phone for a couple years, has also. No dropped calls, no data loss, nothing. Come on people, their really is NO story here. Lets get on to more important news.

July 16, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  10. Techlife

The iPhone is amazing – where else in America can you spend $200 on an electronic gadget that responds indifferently to everyone's personal touch – could this thing be a step into another realm? Think of it! Controlling your conversations with the squeeze of your hand; bending electronic signal waves with the flick of your finger or, even better, re-establishing a connection with a "touch of tape" – hasn't everyone always said "duct tape" could fix anything! I, for one, would settle for a 12 foot tall CB antennae if I could just keep my signal!

July 16, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Reply
  11. David

I haven't really noticed it all that much but I have been holding my phone at the mid-section recently which may be helping. Honestly it's not that big of a deal to me and requires minimal effort. Overall this phone gets better and more reliable reception than my 3G did so I'm pretty happy. I'm also a lefty (fyi).

July 16, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Reply
  12. Ben

I can only replicate this issue in low signal areas and by going out of my way to make it happen.

When I use the phone naturally, it has never happened (and I hold it with my left hand, not my right – which is supposed to be the 'bad' way of holding it).

I've recently gotten a case for my phone (just like I did for my last phone) and now the problem is impossible to reproduce no matter what my signal strength.

Seems like a non-issue to me that got a lot of negative press just to increase page hits and to generate advertising revenue.

-Ben

July 16, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Reply
  13. Nat from Houston

By using headsets...

July 16, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Reply
  14. Lawrence Knight

I am no "Apple Fanatic"..as a matter of fact I gave my MacBook Pro to my son because it was a headache..and..Apple OS confuse me..Windows works reliably ( especially 7)..However..this iPhone gadget is REALLY cool! It Works for me..never had a dropped call..and I can find and use features that other phones hide in layers of menus..No device is perfect..I have had a cell phone since 1992, when it was a "bag"..lol..and the technology is developing so fast it makes me crazy..there are sooooo many choices..and this device seems to be a target for one reason..and..it was the same when Microsoft was America's largest corporation..but, for me..it sure works great..and it makes phone calls without problems..

July 16, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Reply
  15. Nat from Houston

By using headphones

July 16, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Reply
  16. John

Free cases may be a good start, but this is not the only problem with the phone. The proximity sensor, one of the best features in previous iPhone generations, has some serious flaws in the iPhone 4. Even holding it in an antenna happy manner, I inadvertently place calls on hold, mute them, or enable the speaker phone. I've heard many others experiencing the same issue. I guess I'll have to go bluetooth headset only, unless it can be fixed with a software update.

July 16, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Reply
  17. Steve T. Atlanta, GA

AT&T can't afford any signal loss. I replicated the problem but don't seem to have any worse reception that I already had. AT&T drops more calls than I have ever experienced in my six months with them than my decade-plus on a cell phone. Yes, I upgraded from 3GS to the i4 after six months, but it doesn't seem to be any worse in everyday use.

That said, I am happy that I found a slick plastic case, similar to the silicone ones but doesn't get "stuck" in my pocket. I tried the bumper, but the little buttons for volume rattle and the vibrate switch is too difficult to access with the bumper.

July 16, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Reply
  18. Kellie

I don't see what the big deal is. I just got the iPhone this past Monday, but I have TRIED to make the signal strength decrease and have been unable to. Perhaps it is only a glitch with particular phones. I still think it is smart for anyone who has the iPhone to put it in a case, considering the front and back are made of glass...one drop, and the touch screen is shattered.

July 16, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Reply
  19. John

I get that people are upset about spending alot of money on something that doesn't perform up to their expectations. Unfortunately when we purchase the latest and greatest "new" technology, there will be bugs. Be it software as is such with MS Windows products or hardware like the old Sony infared camcorder that allowed you to see through peoples clothes, the latter may be more of a win than a loss depending on your point of view.

I "fixed" my phone by not going out immediately and purchasing it. If people would wait for 4.1 or 4.2 to come out they'd probably find that the problem has been fixed by Apple itself. Heck, I'm still waiting for them to work out all the bugs with the I-Pad before I shell out good dollars for it. BTW waiting has another distinct advantage, it costs less.

July 16, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Reply
  20. Pierce Egerton

I got mine the second day they were out and have not experienced a reception problem. I did get a bumper to protect the phone a week ago, but the reception has always been ok.

July 16, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Reply
  21. Darscel

I didn't get the first batch of the iphone4, because I knew there would be bugs or problems that needs to be fixed/corrected. I am still hyped about the new device and will get it, after the fixes have been done. Apple will fix it, when exactly, soon I hope.

July 16, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Reply
  22. Juan Baez

I got my iPhone4 on June 24th when it was first released....I'd owned the iphone2G but that was it until I got the iPhone4.....I was sure that I would love it and thats why I purchased one without ever having even seen it...that's how much faith I HAD in apple.....I have to say that I am not happy about the reception on the new iPhone4.....it drops more calls than my first gen iphone!!!! and the claims that the reception is far better than most phones when it actually has signal strength are not true in my case....I wish I would have waited but I didnt think there could possibly be an issue with something that Apple praised so highly before its debut....Also, AT&T sucks in the greater NY METRO Area......I cannot believe that in a city like New York AT&T is still struggling to provide decent service...not excellent but decent....they should give us all a $100 refund for all this trouble.....also I want a permanent fix to the phones attenna problem which is a REAL one people!!!! NOT HAPPY WITH MY IPHONE 4!!!!!!

July 16, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Reply
  23. Jon

My two phone work perfectly fine. I don't see the problem

July 16, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Reply
  24. Gary

I haven't had any issues. What's the big deal?

July 16, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Reply
  25. Jamie

I have a fitted case on my phone made by Speck. I have not had one single issue with reception. I have even taken the case off and held my phone in that spot but my reception has stayed the same. I'm not sure what all the hype is about. I don't know why someone would even spend that much money on a phone and NOT put it in a case – which they say solves any reception problems. You can't get insurance on these phones so who wouldn't protect it???? I use this phone for it's function, not it's style. Most cases are stylish anyway so again, I'm not sure what the big fuss is over!

July 16, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Reply
  26. Jennick7

I just got a case for mine and have had no trouble since. The only trouble I have is my face hits the screen and hits facetime or speaker. That's annoying.

July 16, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Reply
  27. Al

Not a problem here. Over blown issue if you ask me.

July 16, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Reply
  28. Jamie

I would also like to add that most people who have left negative comments on various sites regarding this issue – don't even own an iPhone 4 (according to their comments). Some people are just not happy unless they are complaining – whether the issue actually affects them or not!!! I would recommend this phone to everyone. It is WONDERFUL and does EVERYTHING!

July 16, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Reply
  29. Black Berry

By using a Blackberry instead.

July 16, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Reply
  30. John

This whole matter has been incredibly overblown by the media and those jealous of Apple. It's really not a big thing. I've had no problems. I could duplicate the drop in bars if I tried, but I was always going to use a cover anyway, and have had NO dropped calls or signal loss with the cover on. Consumer Reports – can't recommend the iPhone 4, because of the antenna problem, (for which the fix is TRIVIAL,) yet they admit it is their highest rated smartphone. How ridiculous is that position? A recall would be a major inconvenience, and frankly is not in any way needed. I don't think there has been a mass return of iPhones....

July 16, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  31. Dave

This whole thing is being blown up by Apple competitors who make junk and would love to tarnish Apple's reputation, because they can't compete. I know of many, many people with iPhone4s and none has anything but positive praise.

Is there any phone that doesn't drop a call in a weak reception area? Has anyone done a statistically sound comparison of iPhone4 versus other phones on the same lousy AT&T network from the same location at the same time?

When the Blackberry guys see their market share eroding, when the Android guys know they can't match the technology, they will take any small thing and whip it into a frenzy, hoping to tarnish Apple. This is just a feeding frenzy created by wannabe's who can't compete. Let's talk to REAL users, and see what they think. My personal (and not statistically sound) survey of about 40 users of iPhone4 resulted in a 100% "love it" rating.

In the end, it's the marketplace that matters not some silly stuff out of consumer's reports about duct tape that the media hypes into a major crisis.

July 16, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Reply
  32. Jonny Mack

You people are so ridiculous. Put any kind of case on the phone and it's fine. Yes the antenna is sensitive to direct contact. But yes, too, this is the best reception I've ever had in an iPhone and I wouldn't dare carry it around without the Apple-made bumper on it. What is wrong with people? Clearly, that's why apple produced its first ever Apple-made case. The solution is only to include a free bumper with the phone (especially for lefties).

July 16, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Reply
  33. GOONER

the bumper worked to fix these problems with my phone.

I buy the protective cases for my iPhones anyway so not really much of a change in price, look, feel...

July 16, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Reply
  34. Guest

I haven't needed to fix my iPhone 4.

If, for some reason, I didn't want to buy a case, I would return it because it is still within 30 days. I'm not entirely sure why this option isn't being pursued by more people. If you aren't happy with your phone, return it. Or, expect to get something for free so you don't have to make the decision on whether to return it.

July 16, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Reply
  35. Pete

The first time I ran SpeedTest on my iPhone4, comparing 3G data speeds between holding it (exactly where you're not supposed to), and setting it on the table, the speeds were higher when I was holding it. Subsequent tests show data rate numbers consistently within 10% of each other, when compared side by side, which is exactly the kind of deviation that you would expect.

I do not experience the problem at all. I would say that it actually performs better than my 3G iPhone in this regard.

What's funny is that the vast majority of people up in arms about this don't even have one, have only seen video of the supposed issue, and are just trying to make a splash. And it is being propagated by Gizmodo, who are having a personal spat with Apple, after the leaked iPhone incident, and the resulting confiscation of their property.

July 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  36. July

Personally, I was shopping for a case online right after I pre-ordered my iPhone 4, long before any reception issues were mentioned. There's no way I'm going to get a brand-new phone that would cost $600 to replace and not put it into something to protect it at least a little bit (and you'd better believe I'm not going to put duct tape on it!). I'd also like to point out that the documentation that came with my previous phone (an LG flip phone) noted that you should hold it by the bottom part when talking to avoid reception problems, so this is not an issue that's limited to the iPhone. So far I'm delighted with my iPhone 4, and though I was able to reproduce the loss in signal strength while holding it bare, I haven't had any problems using it in its little silicone jacket.

July 16, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Reply
  37. Ken

Solved it...I cut off the two offending fingers that may be placed in the wrong position on the phone. Just kidding-a sledge hammer works better.

July 16, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Reply
  38. Ghryswald

I was going to buy a case anyway – I like to keep my gadgets in as good shape the day I upgrade from them as the day I buy them – I just had to make an earlier decision.

So it really wasn't much of an issue other than understanding that I needed a specific style of case that covered the troublesome "bridge spot."

Steve Jobs' antics just make Apple look bad when all that would have been required was "Ooops! We're looking into what we can do for our customers to MAKE THIS RIGHT."

July 16, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Reply
  39. RickBTX

I used a 10 pound hammer.

July 16, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Reply
  40. Bill

I won't upgrade my 3G until Apple sorts this out. If I had bought one of these defective phones, though, I would probably paint the antenna band with clear fingernail polish. I think that would insulate the accursed antenna from the Death Grip. I don't want a bumper as I wear my phone in a leather holster on my belt, so I need a trimmer solution. The nail polish is waterproof and–I think–an electrical insulator. If that won't work, then a tiny bit of clear shipping tape would do a similar job, but be less durable. It would be less nasty looking thanthe duct tape solution I've read about.

July 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  41. Lou

Mine worked great at first and then I noticed lots of dropped calls, where my 3G never dropped them, and then the antenna issue was the worst. I always hold my phone with my left hand, and not in a "death grip" – getting a case solved the antenna problem and most of the dropped calls, but it still happens more than the 3G did. Hope they figure it out, cause I looooove my 4 otherwise!

July 16, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Reply
  42. Gonzalo

Just got my new iphone4 (with bumper), and nothing to report...it works great and no signal loss, no matter how I hold it.

July 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  43. Jim

I find it interesting that when I visit Spain (Which I do frequently) these issues to do NOT appear. How could apple engineer a product that is flawed that only seems to be so under AT&T. Hmmmm Weird!

July 16, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Reply
  44. Mark Wright

I threw my iPhone 4 into a bucket of water and now reception is exactly as expected.

July 16, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Reply
  45. Peggy Triplett

I purchased a case because I've had a lot of dropped calls. I bought my phone the day it came out in the stores. I was at the store when it opened & waited in line. I did the update & see a very slight difference but nothing to brag about. People say when I use my speaker phone I sound like I'm in a barrel or kinda muffled or garbled. I have found if I hold the phone in a basic open hand it helps alittl e

July 16, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Reply
  46. bullgator

Haven't experienced any problems thus far.

July 16, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Reply
  47. wingding

and who said there was nothing to this 2012 end of the world ... looks like the beginning of the end. I bought an HTC EVO hoping I would survive this impending catastrophe ...

July 16, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Reply
  48. A.Shams

I got an HTC Evo 4G. Problem solved.

July 16, 2010 at 4:32 pm | Reply
  49. Bruno

It amazes me that the media and journalists who have been rushing to put out articles about this non issue probably don't even own the new iPhone. Apple sold over 1.7 million in a couple of days, and who knows how high the number has got to by now, and only a hand full of users, probably less than 1% has complained about it. I've been reading users comments everywhere, like the ones above and bellow, and overwhelmingly new iPhone 4 users are defending and raving about it. I also read that the returns on the phone have be at 4%, in comparison the 3Gs returns were at 6%. Don't you think if there was a real problem returns would be significantly higher? Apple is learning quickly what Microsoft already knows, when you are on top they are always people looking to bring you down.

July 16, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Reply
  50. Rick B

I duct taped my new Droid X to the iPhone, now it's all good.

July 16, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  51. Vance

I have not had one problem with my iPhone4 ! this is a fantastic device and I'll stand by Apple on this one!

July 16, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Reply
  52. Eli

The problem is mostly when you hold it with your left hand. So I fixed mine by being deaf in my left ear. 🙂 No problems here.

July 16, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Reply
  53. David Rubenstein

I bought a rubber bumper case and have had no reception problems in the USA, but I am now in France and my I-Phone 4 does not pick up any networks while my I-Phone 3gs works perfectly in France. Both phones have exactly the same settings. Has anyone else had this problem.

July 16, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Reply
  54. Robert Vadjinia

I purchased the bumper before I knew of the reception / death-grip issue. I wanted it for the protection factor. The fact that it resolves an issue additionally, is great! If Apple decides to give them away, I would expect a refund of my obscenely priced accessory. But going into the apple product line you have to expect that accessory pricing is a function of what the consumer will tolerate, rather than an exercise of let's make X percentage over cost. The phone has been fabulous. No signal strength issues and no yellow areas in the display. No issues at all. It's a vastly superior product to my iPhone3G. Did I get my money's worth ... Oh yes! If the bumpers are free, I would welcome my 29.99 tax refunded.

July 16, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Reply
  55. Robert Winslow

I did nothing to fix the issue. This is because Ihave no issue and have not been able to recreate this.

July 16, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Reply
  56. Paul Patrick

It's an interesting distraction from the REAL reception problem: AT&T – not the antenna...

July 16, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Reply
  57. Bob G.

I have the iPhone 4 and used to have the 3. I have yet to have a dropped call on my iPhone 4 while that was my main complaint with the 3. even if there is a degradation in the signal, does that mean lesser service? Reception and speed are generally faster on my 4, Granted the first 2 weeks were highly frustrating due to the network and teh device getting settled, but that happens to any phone and with millions of iPhones I thought the pain was over fairly quickly.

Now in the past 2 years I may have seen 2% of all iPhone users NOT have a cover on their iPhone. so what are we talking about, the 2% of people that do not use a cover and are lefties?

I bet there is a whole lot of anti Apple iPhone lobbying dollars being paid by some large companies right now........ Conspiracy theory? Naw just the plain old truth that will come out through some whistle blower 10 years from now, until then you'll be scared to speak up.

I just keep on enjoying my 4 day after day!! Go Apple!!!

July 16, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Reply
  58. Al

Weird, I see a lot of hype on these phones and their apparent problems but of the half dozen folks I know here in Dallas that have one, no one is seeing any of the problems reported including the antenna problem even when trying purposefully to reproduce it.

Sounds like a whiny vocal minority to me.

July 16, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Reply
  59. Smith in Oregon

The United States National Security Agency (NSA) has unveiled it's latest ultimate snooping, invasive and eavesdropping tool targeting ALL Americans connected to the Nations Power-Grid!

During the utterly depraved invasive East Berlin era, the East German security forces discovered a very innovative mechanical means to connect to the city's hot water pipes supplying citizens heat radiator's which could be selectively tuned to eavesdrop and tune specifically into conversations in any residents home or dwelling! Using current computer technology, America's NSA has taken that to a new level of corrupt, invasive depravity with it's Operation 'Perfect Citizen' coming to your US Home soon!

The scope of the depraved invasion on American freedoms and liberty's in America's homes under Operation 'Perfect Citizen' is truly amazing. The NSA appears to have been given the 'Green Light' to attach NSA 'sensors' and 'computer links' to the Public Utility power feed-lines across America. This under the 'guise' of alerting the NSA against a cyber-attack upon a local Power Company's power-grid.

Americans are not universally stupid nor ignorant enough to even think the NSA cares about how much electrical energy Americans are using although in the past local heavy handed law enforcement agency's have targeted private individuals with heavy electrical energy for door busting marijuana searches.

However the vast number of American's do not realize how much information is received and carried already on the Nations Power Grid lines. Many home intra-net's now are using the power grid, metro-city areas are adopting intra-net and internet data processing thru home power grid's as direct tie-in's. ALL of the Nation's power grid operators pass messages, and ton's of information in digital and analog packet's on the very lines carrying power into your very homes!

In the most basic form, the nation's power grid forms a gigantic antenna array which picks up computer keystrokes and virtually all kinds of electrical signals which can in turn relay that specific information to the NSA under the 'Perfect Citizen' operation.

Sadly, this appears to directly go against President Obama's campaign promises of not allowing nor permitting further invasions of America's Freedoms, Liberty's and Rights which were entirely under assault during the horrific Republican administration of Bush-Cheney. Does this signal that like the CIA with Afghanistan's Opium-Heroin trafficking, America's NSA is no longer controlled by the Executive Branch of Government?

Sadly, this also signals that American citizens who thru alternative energy choose to 'go off the grid' will likely be harassed and targeted as unpatriotic and suspected of conducting unpatriotic activities.

Operation 'Perfect Citizen' illustrates the extreme height of paranoia in some of the dark, nefarious federal agency's in America much like East German security agency's prior to the fall of the Berlin Wall.

July 18, 2010 at 2:20 am | Reply
  60. TOPROPE

Duct tape on I Pone is a detraction to under mind the public of more E.T.Advance Technology yet to come.

August 1, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Reply